• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The May Celebration Event Discussion

DeletedUser22644

So only 15 days left till the litter in the outskirts of my city gets picked up, automagically. That is good, I can't wait for that day.

rickyht

Good Morning,

As always, it is best advised to play the events and the game without the assumption of previous patterns and/or replication of how things have played out on beta. The live world is a separate entity, and each event is unique to its own. If there is an intention of having the +1 building available, you will receive a notification, like everyone else, of its' availability.

Happy Gaming
thank you, I do understand your point, Just had read it was available in the Beta and had always been available in previous events and wanted to know if it would be in this event as well.

T6583

@Xelenia @Nightguest Based on some of the posts on here and on other pages such as Facebook there seems to be alot of confusion on how the daily system works. May I suggest that maybe someone should address this with some sort of clarification on here. My understanding is that after you finish the 1st 38 sequential quests and start the dailies that the dailies will run / appear as sequential quests until you are caught up to the current daily. However it seems that alot of people think that you only get 1 daily once they start and there is no way to catch up.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I asked earlier in this thread and Xelenia clarified that the dailies run the same as regular event quests until we are caught up to current day. It’s the same as if you held off on prior version of daily quests and then caught up to where you had to wait for next day.

T6583

@Deborah M I understand that. It's more that several others have asked and I was looking at it as more of maybe some sort of clairifcation that could be put somewhere on here for others that isn't buried within the thread. Maybe with the announcement itself that we can't directly comment on. I might have gotten annoyed at seeing it asked so many times. Mostly on the Facebook Elvenar pages but I doubt those are tied to here unless someone specifically tells them. I often try to link things to here if I can when given out information. But I also know that alot of people won't take the time to read things either. Hence the suggestion.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M I understand that. It's more that several others have asked and I was looking at it as more of maybe some sort of clairifcation that could be put somewhere on here for others that isn't buried within the thread. Maybe with the announcement itself that we can't directly comment on. I might have gotten annoyed at seeing it asked so many times. Mostly on the Facebook Elvenar pages but I doubt those are tied to here unless someone specifically tells them. I often try to link things to here if I can when given out information. But I also know that alot of people won't take the time to read things either. Hence the suggestion.

I didn't give a sigh of relief until I did the first 4 dailies today and got the new one tonight :) Probably should be in the Event announcement when there is a change like this one compared to years of prior events.

Adding: It does make sense that they did this. They have been trying to stop us from finishing the event quests in the first couple of days or even first week for a long time. I know when I really enjoyed the events I zoomed through and then just waited for the daily prizes I wanted. Now they put the brakes on to the point you theoretically have to participate every day of the event. I guess it helps insure interested players log in every day.

Last edited:

Gandelf

Once again they have set up this event so that there is no reward for playing a lot*. Seems to me like they're shooting themselves in the foot here, but what would I know.

(*I am playing in 2 cities. In one of them, I have rushed through the quests, thinking that they were going to be repeatable. In the other, I have taken my time. I can already see that by the end, the results will be identical. Except that in the world where I played a lot, I won't be able to get enough thingies to win the special prizes. Just like last time and the time before.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Apologies I'm mistaken; after you receive the 7th Artifact. The next Grand Prize in the rotation is another May Tree.

That is interesting. If this were a normal evolving building event, we would get another base after the 9th artifact. It looks like for this one, Inno is assuming many players will not get the final artifact from the bonus gauge, since 7 grand prizes and 2 from the gauge gives you the 9 needed to max out the building.

AtaguS

Actually, putting things like that in as consolation prizes makes the grid a bit less terrible.
I won a black lotus in the grid and was happy also to see some decent secondary buildngs on the grid.
Personally I feel the 1 relic, 1kp options on the grid are duds enough ...we don't need the reshuffle dud. Leaving those and losing the reshuffle would go a long way toward making the board more comparable to the chest system.

T6583

I've seen both black lotus and pond of autumn as "throw-away" mini culture choices on the grid. Actually, putting things like that in as consolation prizes makes the grid a bit less terrible.
I won a black lotus in the grid and was happy also to see some decent secondary buildngs on the grid.
While I agree that it's nice to see these buildings the Black Lotus was also offered as a daily on Beta. Kinda defeats the purpose of it being a daily if it's also considered a filler prize. This is part of my problem. Events have filler prizes occassionally more desirable than the dailies and dailies more desirable than the grand prize. With this current system player have no way to target any of the prizes they find desireable. Not every prize has to outdo past prizes but at least try to make the prizes a bit more desirable if you're going to continue to use this system in the future. And please give us a bit more control when to comes to targeting certain prizes or find a way to make the grand prize something that MOST players would want. (From what I'm seeing in most places this doesn't appear to be the case) if you're going to continue to use this horrible scratch off system. I had a Ch. 12 player in my FS yesterday see a small mana producing building as a filler prize that they tried to go after. I think they might have thought it was the new daily as they were surprised when it disappeared all together. It was after 9pm EST time that she posted about it which leaves me to assume that she was going after this mana building after the daily had changed to the light ranged troop instant. It was the tree enclosure before then.
'

Kekune

Kinda defeats the purpose of it being a daily if it's also considered a filler prize. This is part of my problem. Events have filler prizes occassionally more desirable than the dailies and dailies more desirable than the grand prize. With this current system player have no way to target any of the prizes they find desireable.
I actually think that the weird mix of prizes improves player choice. For example, black lotus was on my list of dailies to aim for. When I saw it on the grid last night with a troop instant as the daily, I saw it as basically doubling the good options on the grid, so I went for it. We keep saying the chests are better because we can narrow down our consolation prizes, and I think providing multiple ways to win interesting prizes has a similar effect.

The chests are still far better and more appealing. But I like having good "filler" stuff. And I don't think it's a problem with having dailies be more appealing than the grand prizes. Somebody somewhere disagrees, so as long as there's something for everyone it's all good.