• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.10

DeletedUser828

What sucks even more is that is takes 102 KPs to open scouts, I have provinces to work but can't since I do not have any Orcs. So now it's taking a hella longer time because I have to wait now for the game to generate KPs. Provinces I opened and began working before this updte came out. Was looking so forward to this next chapter, but thanks for making me hate it now that it's here. Some cities are still Dwarven and I have open provinces to work there but can't because I need Orcs for them , and I am two chapters away from getting them which mean they can't be worked now thus holding up my game time and the ability to gain expansions.
What in hell are the delvelopers trying to do, run all of us out of the game. Bobbykitty is correct, you pushed for us to open provinces, we did that now we have to suffer for doing it.

DeletedUser3040

If you've been fighting, for the most part, it's unlikely that you're more than 10 Rings away from your city (174 Relic sectors) and the Orcs aren't needed until you've reached Ring 11.

I'm 190+ in my human city on Khel. I'm even further in Fey, where I was relentlessly pursuing crystal provinces for the easy treant wins. I was always mad that elves had a clear fighting advantage. But it's kind of flipped now. Blessed paladins are awesome. I'll go a string of fights w/o taking any damage if I can take the archers out w/ priests. Meanwhile, my treant friends seem like they've become pointless. I'm lucky if they kill a red cerberus in one hit. They're just slow and meh. I'd rather sacrifice a sword acrobat squad to draw attention while granite golems throw stuff.

DeletedUser

Hi. I registered for the forum just so I could share my two cents about this. I play on one city, Wynyandor (spelling?). I play mostly every day. I have bought some diamonds to upgrade my builder (once) and I have used diamonds for a couple of expansions as well. I am currently in Dwarves. I have not yet earned enough Granite to complete the research on the Main Hall in the Tech Tree, but I have filled in every KP in the previous chapters up to this point.

I have more than 185 provinces completed and in some directions from my city, I am in the 10th ring & beyond. While I realized that having so many provinces completed was perhaps high, considering that Fairies only will require me to have 130 provinces completed, I had no reason to think this would be a problem. I partially negotiate, and I partially fight, depending on how tough the fight is & what resources I have available. I like exploring around the map & finding new neighbors to trade with.

However, I now have 6 provinces that I have already scouted that are requiring Orcs for negotiation costs due to this upgrade. I do have some provinces that are within the 10 rings that I can still scout (but not very many, 10 or less, maybe), and I will do that. However, the reason they haven't already been scouted is because there are no neighbors at all in that direction, and they weren't my boost provinces either.

Since I am still in Dwarves, it's true that I haven't necessarily had the fighting power to beat all of these 10th ring+ provinces, but my armories are as upgraded as I can currently make them & sometimes I try anyway. If I lost, I'd either train more army members & try another combination to fight later, or I'd negotiate if I needed/wanted the KP. Now, in not only the 6 provinces I've got already scouted, but in many more that I would want to scout, negotiation has been blocked to me until I get Orcs.

And as we all know, Orcs are a long way away when you are just in Dwarves.

I really like the suggestion that has been made to tie the Orc costs to where we are in the Tech Tree, rather than where we are on the map. Part of the fun of this game to me is reaching a new neighbor. Currently, I have about 23 cities/neighbors I can visit out of my over 185 completed provinces. They are not all even active, and I would not even have all of those if I hadn't been able to get past the 10th ring up until these Orc costs. All the rest of the provinces around me are gold mines, and while at least it's something, it doesn't create an interest to scout towards more gold mines.

Sorry this is long, but feedback was asked for & this is mine. I am not opposed to spending some money on a game I enjoy. I am not opposed to it taking a while to get through certain stages of a game while I earn things (ie, having to earn the granite & copper for Dwarves is a good example). But it definitely feels like the fun interaction with others by way of Scouting has crashed to a halt for me, let alone my ability to work towards new trade partners & complete provinces. That's the action of the game for me - otherwise it's just clicking buttons & telling my factories & workshops to make more supplies, that now I can't spend on provinces. I want to head in the direction that I want to go on the map - working my way to a huge city of an advanced player is way more fun than being forced to complete provinces in another direction that only hold gold mines.

DeletedUser1010

Well said feedback Travelstovegas! And I agree everyone, the orcs should be tied with the tech tree not the world map! honestly I almost just quit the game and I still might do so even tho I have played since before there was fellowships and am on the orc's chapter now, Look its not like I rush around on my world map, I scouted, fight/neg(when needed/wanted) and then scout again, stayed in time with the scouting times so you cant say I rushed it but before I can get to the armory tech I have orcs on my map...feels dirty to me, I kinda feel tricked by Inno games for doing it this way. Its not like we could predict this a year ago or even a few months ago, to where we could make sure not to scout and leave the scout just sitting there snoozing!! I mean, Yes I knew the orc cost for neg was coming these past few weeks but I wasn't clear it was going to be just thrown in there like this. I thought it would be tech frist then orc cost! I am sadden by how Inno is making me, and sounds like others, feel about their ways of getting us to spend money and/or play the game. When I started playing elvenar, it asked me do I want to be a fighter or a peaceful negotiator and that's becoming more and more not the choice anymore, If Inno has Ideas as to what we should be doing or what is coming down the line in 4monthes or 6 or even a year, What kinda game they are trying to make this plz tell ue so we can know if its for us or not bc as of now the way its going....its not for me anymore=/ Oh and one more thing that bugs me is the size changes, I don't see the point in going backwards in size, armoy is going to be back at 5x5! house flip the other way? whats the point Inno? its just changing to change? Now if every new race brought maybe bigger and bigger building upgrades(with space lol) to show a growing city or idk I am just a player but it feel way to much like, why? what was the point in changing the size just to go back again or just to monthes later flip it the other way, now I know city bulding is about changing sized as you grow and space planning, but usually you can show growth with the changes in size not just well lets go the other way this time, that's just boring and not fun=/ I like rearranging my city and planning it out, but I need to feel like there is a reason for the building size change not just changing it just to change it=/ OK I think I said my thoughts and disappointment, I loved this game, it helped me so much when I was injured so I stayed loyal but I don't know how I feel about Inno anymore, I keep ttrying to see them in a positive, light in a friendly and good fun way but I cant seem to muster that anymore, (And I am one stubborn n loyal person when I find something I put my mind to)

DeletedUser1016

I don't see the point in going backwards in size, armoy is going to be back at 5x5! house flip the other way? whats the point Inno? its just changing to change? Now if every new race brought maybe bigger and bigger building upgrades(with space lol) to show a growing city or idk I am just a player but it feel way to much like, why? what was the point in changing the size just to go back again or just to monthes later flip it the other way, now I know city bulding is about changing sized as you grow and space planning, but usually you can show growth with the changes in size not just well lets go the other way this time, that's just boring and not fun=/ I like rearranging my city and planning it out, but I need to feel like there is a reason for the building size change not just changing it just to change it

I think this is the most disappointing aspect of this new visiting race [Orcs/Goblins] - it's just changing the look of our city - it's NOT contributing to it's growth...

....this is not a "City Building Game" anymore ...it's a City CHANGING game...as Catti said - BORING.o_O

DeletedUser627

Re the Orcs required for province expansion: at the very least, the Research Tree should be modified. The Armory and an Expansion should be offered on the first rung of the tree, before even the Portal or tracks. Why?

What will happen when subsequent players reach the beginning of the Orc race and don't have earned Expansions sitting in storage? Perhaps they'll have room for a Portal without an Expansion...but how will they find grid space to upgrade the Armory? If they can't upgrade their Armories due to lack of space, they can't breed the Orcs necessary to earn the new Expansions! For this race, the Armory upgrade is paramount, even over the Portal.

DeletedUser1208

With them adding Orcs to the provinces. It make it so hard for the people that haven't even reach the Orc and Goblin research. I have people in my group in the Dwarven chapter that are not very good at fighting and buy some of their encounters with goods. You give use AW's that take up SOO much space. That you have to get more Expansion off the map to make room for them. So you get ahead of "what you think is normal provinces per chapter".
Now I have neighbors messaging me that they are quitting the game because they not going to put up with this BS. They are in Dwarven and can't do provinces any more because of this. Sure they can fight but they don't pay Diamonds. Here is what one of them has said to me.

The requirements of orcs and goblins is already showing up for me to gain provinces\land to keep up with the game. I am too far away from that level to make this work. The game was fun, but not its irritating and stressful so I am leaving. I cant pay to play.
I will miss the people but not the mess they have made of the game.
I've enjoyed playing, but its time to quit before it stresses me too much.

This is just 1 of about 5 of my neighbor that has said something to me about the Orcs in the provinces. I may end up losing members of my group as well because of this BS.

They should have made it happen when you got the orc portal built. That would make more sense to me.

DeletedUser2855

I don't think pushing the envelope nor riding the bleeding edge are all that interesting. I very much prefer use the "Just Enough, Just In Time" Kanban model, so I'm all about what benefits are actually NEEDED, and what's the most cost effective way to meet those needs.

I think that having more than you need of ANYTHING, but especially piles of goods or hundreds of sectors, is a mortal sin. A cap on Negotiation has been a long time coming but I'm delighted that chapter VIII finally has a soft cap on negotiation in that Orcs are required to guard negotiated sectors once you have twice as many sectors as you need for the Chapter VIII Advanced Scouting chest.

You'll enjoy reading http://mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm
  • Achievers like to maximize their score and push the game to its limits. So they have to be pretty decent with spreadsheets and other optimization tools.
  • Explorers (me and probably you) like to understand HOW things work, but once an Explorer knows how something works, they're not all that interested in working it.
  • Socialites think that being an Achiever would be way too much work, they don't have a clue about the Explorers, and they soon get tired of the Control Freaks.
  • Killers (or Control Freaks in our case) like to dominate other players. They're all about helping and making sure that folks understand how to play the game "right".
As the author indicates, most of us are a blend of types, but the categories are a very useful tool for thinking about game balance.

The really important concept is that you NEED all four classes of players in order to have a healthy gaming environment, but the optimal balance depends on the structure of the each game.

Because now you cant negotiate province you will be left with more and more goods and nowhere to spent it. Because now you cant even build as is getting harder to get expansion. So your statement just enough just in time don't hold water here lol,,, Em curious what you gonna say and also on my question why orcs are ugly after beautiful fairy didn't get my answer lol. Would be logical that after dwarf came goblins and orcs and then fairy :) ... Looking forward to your answer.

DeletedUser61

you will be left with more and more goods and nowhere to spent it
That's the point, actually. You won't NEED so many manufacturing buildings.

If you look closely, the Guest Races have been chosen to maximize the contrasts, and I'd expect that to continue.
  • Elven: Elegant and charming
  • Human: Looks like a mudflat
  • Dwarven: Blocky and masculine
  • Fairies: Pretty and feminine
  • Orcs/Goblins: Looks like a homeless encampment

DeletedUser321

BIGGEST WHINING EVER
i start to hate this game.
u gave ONLY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! City expansions in tech tree - this is riddiculusly low
u should give 0 - its the same!

u made houses bifgger YET i told you to make them smaller~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand inno must earn gold but as longer this game develops the more ii see forcing players to buy diamonds!

Upgrade costs are riddiculusly high compered to previous times.

with Greenskins race here i feel like unless ill buy diamomnds i wont progress!
whats more with this update i am forced to pay orcs in provinces whil;e i do not have unlocked armories - which is trully riddiculus

I dont see anything here that i could say i like!
graphicly its a nice change - yes but all the rest is just SH!Ty SHiT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

That's the point, actually. You won't NEED so many manufacturing buildings.

But why is that the point? I am not asking you, Katwijk, to reply specifically. I am just asking the question more in general since the answer is unclear to me.

The area that I am concerned with is that if the Devs want everyone to play the game the exact same way, then what's the point for us players?
I'm not saying that we should have endless choices - I understand if there is only so much room to expand in each city, I understand that we all may be forced to build certain buildings. I even understand if there is supposed to be both fighting AND negotiating rather than all of one or all of the other.

What I'm talking about is where is the freedom to play individually? If we all have to have the same buildings, and we all are boxed in on the size of our cities, and we're all forced to explore provinces in a certain pattern rather than working towards areas we want to go in, and we're all kind of forced into having X number of residences & X number of culture & X number of manufactories, and we're all forced to play at a certain specific rate, then the only thing that makes any player different from another one is where they are in the Tech Tree or how much diamonds they can afford to buy so they can build premium buildings.

Why is it an issue if I want 6 steel manufactories instead of 4 (or whatever number) so long as I can accommodate the population & culture to support it? Maybe I like making lots of steel because my Fellowship is short on it, or maybe I like to make lots of steel so I can give 3 star trades to new players to encourage them to stay in my FS or to keep playing in my neighborhood. Maybe I am the ArchMage of my FS and I'm trying to ensure that I can fulfill all the trades when people are participating in Tournaments. Or maybe I even like the look of the steel building so I just built more of them to please my eye. Who cares what the reasons are, really...

Forcing me to stop expanding because I cannot explore provinces anymore (via requiring Orcs based on the map rather than the Tech Tree) and now my choice is to potentially sell the buildings I have already upgraded in order to find more space, or to halt my progress, or to quit the game, or to buy diamonds is basically the same thing as forcing us all to play the exact same game, IMHO.

We all may have the same goal - fill in the Tech Tree to get to the next "level", so to speak - but why can't there be a variety of ways & speeds to get there? It absolutely feels like a punishment to me personally that I have been a faithful player & have enjoyed my progress through the provinces, yet now I have effectively been stopped from getting to any other active players or large cities because I am past the 10th ring.

I said in a previous post that I am not opposed to spending real money on a game, and I have done so already in this game. Clearly any business wants to make money. But also clearly, to my eye, is to try and keep the customers that you do have happy, so that they will stick around and keep being potential sources of revenue & good word of mouth to advertise the game.

The Devs asked for feedback on this release version. Reading many of the posts here, on other threads, in my FS chat & even on a FB Elvenar group, I see far more dissatisfaction about the Orc costs being tied to the map than any other change this game has made since I've started playing. To me, the answer is clear.

DeletedUser43

But also clearly, to my eye, is to try and keep the customers that you do have happy, so that they will stick around and keep being potential sources of revenue & good word of mouth to advertise the game.

From what I have been told over and over, this is an ancient concept that only fools think is important. The new paradigm is to offer a game, see where people spend money and where they don't, treat all new players as beta players, take their money and then switch the game to whatever they want and think will make them more money in the future. That a gaming player will only ever spend so much on a game anyway, so there is zero need to be loyal to anyone. The stupid obsessed ones will stick around through any change and the money spenders you lose don't matter at all.

I don't think people are totally irrational. Have you ever seen anyone in this game ever apologize or make up for any bug or do anything to make their customers happy? Never. That isn't a mistake. It can't be. Not over and over like this.

There was an old book called "He's just not that into you." It was a book to get girls to stop trying everything to make a guy like them. Either he likes you or he doesn't. Inno is that boyfriend that really is just not into us!! Inno is the player that has a new girl every week.

Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware. This company has one goal in mind and customer satisfaction has nothing to do with it. If you want to spend money, know that you aren't going to get any loyalty with that purchase. You will get exactly what you bought at the moment and the game could change overnight making that purchase useless. It says so right in the terms and conditions.

DeletedUser2855

i am concerned too how it is gonna work so i made plan on elvenar planer to see if it can work and its working well if you gonna have less manufactures then what i put on plan, then you wont need snails but minimum is 4 snails. Here is link to check it but this works if you have wonders on lvl 15 because there is culture boost in wonders so wont work without it http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/3d5936d7fb3746cf911c04cd71345fa8/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

minimum is 4 snails.

Each snail costs twenty dollars!! I can't imagine spending 80 dollars on this! Seriously? That is crazy!!! For 80 dollars I can buy two amazing brand new PS4 games with graphics and features that make this look like tic tac toe. 80 dollars?

Well, if anyone wants to watch what you can do for free around here, check out my city on Arendyll or look at Brummbaer on beta (he is ranked 12th right now). I don't maximize my city. I could easily do better. :)

DeletedUser2855

like i said don't draw from contest lol if you want without diamonds you can still have all maxed just less production buildings ,,,and i went and see your city on beta it have too many manufactures is why you cant progress in score or max em out,,,and what is difference in buying new ps4 games or spent on this game if you gonna get serious say i can buy a lot of food with 80 bucks lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser815

More than a couple of the players in my FS have threatened to quit and we are losing one of our top players because of it. If I wasn't an Archmage and feel responsible for the ones who want to keep playing, I would seriously think about quitting. I have always supported this game and spoke positively to my players while they trudged thru the Dwarves and kept them upbeat while several were literally twiddling their thumbs after completing the Fairies and waiting for the Orcs (the Tournaments are not enough). Now, they are asking me why? "Why is Elvenar forcing these changes on us?" I am worn down and tired of defending INNO and this game. I can't even give them a reasonable answer. Should I just say, "because they don't care and just want us to be forced to fight and spend diamonds?" Seems that way to me.