• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.10

DeletedUser43

what is difference in buying new ps4 games or spent on this game

Because I can do both. Not to mention I can actually sell the ps4 games when I am done.

Freevoyager, I think, sadly, you are exactly right. They do not care and all they want us to do is spend diamonds. The only thing the care about is their bottom line. This is so sad to say, but our only hope is enough people quit. Then they might decide this was a stupid thing to do. Otherwise, we are stuck with it.....and a lot more things like this in the future. :(

DeletedUser61

if the Devs want everyone to play the game the exact same way,
You're actually looking at it backwards. If the game is UNBALANCED, then you don't actually have any choices because there's only ONE playing style that's competitive, and the rest of the game languishes.

But if the game is BALANCED, then the entire game is available to you, because whichever approach you prefer will serve you well.

To look at it historically, more than any other genre the folks who play City Builders LOVE to break the game and distort the envelope. So it's no surprise, whatever, when folks abuse the declinable quests, ignore the acquisition of provinces, don't like Ancient Wonders, ignore the military, dump Goods off the cliff to acquire provinces, and what have you. Next month we'll discover something else.

So the responsibility of the Developers is NOT to pander to the squeakiest of the wheels, but rather to shore up the weak spots in the game SO THAT we can enjoy THOSE parts of the game too, and still score just as well as the folks who are chasing the flavor of the month.

DeletedUser43

Do you hear yourself? You say this is an attempt to make the game more balanced and giving people more options? Meanwhile, everything that has happened is exactly the opposite. You cannot choose any longer to be a negotiator. That option has now been taken away from everyone....and if fact, that is what everyone is complaining about.

You say you want people to have options but then make derogatory comments if they make those choices such as one who would dare to ignore the acquisitions of provinces...and yet...you call those who do gain provinces greedy and I do believe your exact phrase was mortally sinful. And how dare people not be in love with the wonderlesses that cost them more in space and time and kp than they give back.

How about that magically useless academy? Shall we discuss that?

Instead of giving us all more options, the devs keep forcing the BAD options on us. You not only have it all backwards, you are tying yourself in a knot trying to support every contradictory thing the devs are pushing on us.

DeletedUser1016

If the game is UNBALANCED, then you don't actually have any choices

if the game is BALANCED, then the entire game is available to you,

I'm confused [not surprising...lol] about the use of this term "balanced" that you continually throw out there??? Why do the developers have to balance the game to the point where it's predictable, I think the developers are responsible for an "error free game" [and actually, at the very least, it's in their best interest if they want to hold onto players]....why can't the individual players balance it themselves, via with strategy, pushing the envelope, "abusing declinable quests" [guilty 100x over...lol], diamonds, etc?

I really don't get it! I don't understand why you consider that balanced? It seems that every time someone gets upset with some change in the game, whether it's significant or trivial, you take it upon yourself to defend the developers and say they're just balancing the game???? What's wrong with an unbalanced game as long as it's error free and runs smoothly [speaking of processing, not strategy here]? I find it very gratifying to discover the best path to take without having my hand held. Granted I wish I could be one of the top players, but I understand that part of the strategy is to decide whether or not to invest money, and that the reality is money always wins in these on-line games.

...."Balance" really has nothing to do with it....Profits do.

DeletedUser61

I find it very gratifying to discover the best path to take without having my hand held.
That's precisely what balance is all about.
  • If the "best way" is obvious to everybody, then you only have half a game.
  • If any of several paths are available to you, according to your preferences,
    then the game is balanced and it won't be at all obvious which of the paths will work out the best.
You say this is an attempt to make the game more balanced and giving people more options?
... the devs keep forcing the BAD options on us
Preconceived.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

If any of several paths are available to you, according to your preferences,
then the game is balanced and it won't be at all obvious which of the paths will work out the best.

You mean like ONLY being able to fight to clear a province? Wow. That is so not obvious at all. Thank heavens we now have so many paths to clearing those provinces. We can either build a city to support an army and fight OR we can build a city to support an army and fight OR we can build a city to support an army and fight. I can't wait for more balancing.

Let's see...what are the other "paths" they have given us lately? Um...the magic academy. You can either build one OR build one OR build one OR build one.

Clearing provinces...you can either clear a certain minimum number of provinces in order to progress in the tech tree OR you can clear a certain minimum number of provinces in order to progress in the tech tree OR.....

Gee....all these "paths"....which shall I choose? I am so confused!

DeletedUser

To look at it historically, more than any other genre the folks who play City Builders LOVE to break the game and distort the envelope. So it's no surprise, whatever, when folks abuse the declinable quests, ignore the acquisition of provinces, don't like Ancient Wonders, ignore the military, dump Goods off the cliff to acquire provinces, and what have you. Next month we'll discover something else.

So the responsibility of the Developers is NOT to pander to the squeakiest of the wheels, but rather to shore up the weak spots in the game SO THAT we can enjoy THOSE parts of the game too, and still score just as well as the folks who are chasing the flavor of the month.

I am not positive that I understand your response to me about "balance", Katwijk. In the quote above, you suggest that players have been abusing the game thus far, and the conclusion I can draw from your comment suggests that's why you think some people are in the predicament they are in now. However, I have only been proceeding at the level that the game allows me to. I can't scout any faster. I can't earn goods or supplies any faster unless I put a spell on them, which the game provided me with and I do sometimes cast. The game never stopped me from buying manufactories, I haven't ignored my military, I don't dislike the AWs but in all seriousness I have no interest in building ALL of them so I am holding out for runes on the ones I want. I have played the game in good faith. I *could* play the game slower. I could stop signing in regularly, I could stop visiting neighbors & FS members multiple times a week & therefore get less supplies and money. I could do a lot of things to slow my progress myself, but... that goes back to my question a few posts ago about what's the point for the players if we're all supposed to play the game at the exact same pace & in the exact same way.

How can I be "chasing the flavor of the month" if I have been playing the game as it's been designed since I started?

It's clear that your perspective is that each & every player should play with some "balance" - however you choose to define that term. To the best of my knowledge, I have not seen that stated by any Inno employee. Even so, to me, that still suggests that we all play the same game & there's no room for individuality. I made a statement in one of my previous posts wondering why there can't be different ways & different speeds of getting to the finish line. I have seen no feedback from anyone that suggests we are getting MORE choices instead of LESS.

Respectfully, am I or anyone else being a squeaky wheel because we have a different opinion than your own that the game is even better with these new changes? Or are we all entitled to our opinions because we're all playing the game & therefore allowed to experience it in our own way?

DeletedUser43

And the next update is even worse.

I tried to put this under a spoiler but it didn't work. So SPOILER!!!! WARNING!!!!

"Technologies for the Ancient Wonders in Chapters II, III and V are now part of the core research tree and therefore mandatory to research"

These are the additional "paths" of which you speak Kat? More requirements. I post that here to warn people because Inno never does. It is coming and you have no choice so you better deal with it now or every other tech is blocked out.

DeletedUser61

playing the game as it's been designed
It's quite likely that the game is "designed" so that several paths are equally attractive. That's what the design spreadsheet says anyway. But players are a contrary lot, especially city builder players, and they'll immediately set out to prove otherwise.

SO when we figure out how to distort the envelope, and demonstrate that the design spreadsheet missed one thing and another, that's actually WONDERFUL. And we should be PLEASED when the designers respond accordingly, and tighten up that aspect of the game. The part that irritates me is all the kicking and screaming and temper tantrums when the developers take away the rag doll that's been so well loved that it's barely recognizable.
"STUFF your shiny new doll - I want my old beat up one."

HotSauce.png

The interesting part about a City Building, and especially when we're on a two week design cycle, is that the game CAN be adjusted as needed, and the next generation of players won't even realize that they're NOT facing most of problems that tripped us up just a few months ago.

SO, when you've found something that works "exceptionally well" but to the detriment of other "equally important" options, it's NOT real difficult to understand that it's going to be adjusted, in order to pull the game back into balance. Go for it. Take full credit for distorting the envelope. But please don't be horrified and upset when the development team figures out how to make it appropriately difficult.

DeletedUser

I just checked - I need 514 more KPs until I'm out of Dwarves.

I can't see how much KP Advanced Scouts will cost in Fairies because the unopened chest covers it up. It cost 94 KPs to fill up the Dwarf Advanced Scouts though, so I'm just going to use that number even though I think the actual KP amount is higher for the Fairy Scout Tech.

In Fairies, using 94 (estimated) KP as the Scout cost, I need 2074 KPs to get through the whole chapter.

In Orcs, again I cannot see the KP cost of the Advanced Scouts because the unopened chest covers it up. But, seeing that the last Tech in Fairies cost 100 KP, I think it sounds reasonable to assume at least 95 KP for the cost of Scouts in Orcs. So I'll use that number as an estimate.

Once I (potentially? eventually?) get to Orcs, I need 366 KPs to get to & complete the Orc Armory that will allow me to breed Orcs.

That means that 514+2074+366=2954

I need 2954 KPs (probably more, again, can't view actual Advanced Scout costs in Fairies or Orcs so I estimated) until I can earn & breed Orcs.

We have the potential to earn 24 KPs every day (1 an hour) doing nothing but waiting out the clock. Realistically though, I cannot log in enough each day so that I catch the time clock before it stops at 10 earned KPs. But for arguments sake, I'll say that I earn 24 KPs EVERY DAY.

If I do nothing else but use my hourly earned KPs, it would take me about 123 days to get to the point where I can breed Orcs.
But wait! If I also visit my FS members, I could earn up to 3 additional KPs each day due to those visits. My experience though, is that I often earn spells or relics instead of KPs. So I'll estimate myself on the lucky end & say that I earn 2 additional KPs every day due to my visits to FS members and/or neighbors.

That means I earn 26 KPs EVERY DAY, which would take me about 114 days to get to the point where I can breed Orcs.
But wait! I'm still in Dwarves & I am blocked from spending some of my KP as soon as I earn it because I must pay the Granite & Copper costs on Tech in the Tree before another Tech will open for me. And I cannot pay the costs until I earn the amounts. So that slows down my timer.

Instead of 114 days to get to the point where I can breed Orcs, lets add some extra time in due to the time penalties of Dwarves. I'll say 2 days just because that seems reasonable, although I'm estimating on the lower end - I actually think it will take more time.

So now I'm at 116 days of playing every single day, multiple times a day, never missing an hourly KP, hoping I get lucky enough to earn 2 additional KP each day due to visiting neighbors and THEN I'll be able to breed Orcs & therefore pay the negotiation costs in Scouting past the 10th ring.

Yes - I realize that Tournaments add a whole other level to the KP deal. In 116 days, that works out to about 29 weeks. That means 29 potential Tournaments to participate in. There are 9 goods, so each one would repeat 3 times in that 29 weeks.
Previously, I have not often played in Tournaments for my unboosted goods. But the times I have, I have probably earned about 20 KPs. So I'm going to use that number for all unboosted Tournaments.

Out of the 9 goods, 6 are my unboosts. Since each of those 6 Tournaments would repeat 3 times during the 29 weeks/116 days, that means 18 weeks of Tournaments would be unboosted, and 11 weeks would be Tournaments with my boosted goods (yeah, yeah, all depends on where the Tournaments start, I know, because that could change my numbers).

So, 18 Tournaments at about 20 KP each = 360KP
11 Tournaments at about 50 (estimate!) each = 550 KP
Adding potential Tournament KP together, I get 910 KP in addition to the estimate of what I'd be earning each day (26 KP per day at 116 days = 3016)

So if I play every day for 116 days straight, play every single Tournament, earn every single hourly KP and at least 2 KP bonus per day from visiting neighbors, I'd have earned 3926 KPs (910 KP + 3016 KP).

Looking at it that way, I only NEED 2954 KPs to reach the point where I can breed Orcs. If I had earned 3926 KPs, I'd actually have 972 "extra" KPs. (again, assuming I never missed an hourly KP point during the whole 116 days & always got 2 extra KPs from visiting neighbors & always had enough troops & goods to earn the estimated KPs from doing Tournaments every week). I'll just assume I spent them on my own or other people's AWs, or pretend I shave off a few days from playing so instead of taking 116 days it takes me 110 days or something.

TLDR - But even if all this pie-in-the-sky scenario happens (face it, I won't play 116 days straight, I won't earn every single hourly KP, I won't earn 2 KPs each day for visiting neighbors because I'll get relics & spells much of the time to, and I probably won't always be able to do all the Tournaments), even IF I can do it this way - I'm looking at over 100 days (more than 3 MONTHS) of playing the game where I can't do anything but attempt to FIGHT (and likely lose anyway) in any province on my map.

And at Dwarves still, I am just not enough of an advanced fighter to truly have a shot at winning the majority of the fights, because my squads aren't that big & all the fighters aren't fully upgraded. And if I can't earn KP & Runes via completing provinces, I am absolutely playing a waiting game and twiddling my thumbs if I choose to stick it out.

Look - I hate math. I'm sure there are mistakes here - feel free to point them out if you need to - but my point is just to illustrate that where I am in the game, my hands are now tied when it comes to having a variety of ways to play. Sure, anyone can say that I played "too fast" or "wrong" in some way, but guess what? The game didn't stop me from doing it! The game in fact ENCOURAGED me to play "too fast" or "wrong" because not only did it give me incentive to play like this (I earned KP by completing provinces, and therefore filled up the Tech Tree faster, including earning provinces faster, which allowed me to upgrade faster), but it gave me points to increase rank by playing this way.

Now - I'll be honest, I like earning points. Not so much so that I can one day be the worlds best player of Elvenar, but because I like to see progress in my game. I do not want to stay still for the next 116 days because I was a regular, faithful player who started playing this game recently enough that I'm not close enough to start earning Orcs now that you are suddenly requiring them.

Geez this post is long & I only feel more frustrated now that I've worked it all out.

DeletedUser61

Three months per chapter seems about right, so your numbers are right on. I haven't used any Diamonds for the past few months, just to see how much difference it makes.
  1. My US1 city has been waiting for the Orcs for about 3 weeks now. Longer than that in Beta.
  2. I'm soloing my US2 city which is in Chapter VII. I'm two boxes from the Fairies, but I still need 200,000 Granite for those final two boxes.
    • If you have fewer than a dozen Granite Mines, THAT'S going to be your constrain, rather than Knowledge Points.
    • To make the point again, you need LOTS of Granite Mines, unless your Alchemist can turn Diamonds into Granite.
    • I need 11 more Provinces to unlock the Fairy Chest, but I have 400 squads of Golem IIs and plenty of scouted sectors, and I'll easily have the sectors I need by the time I have 200,000 more Granite.
  3. In my US3 city I'm about to research Copper Foundries, so I'm about where you are.
A dozen Tournaments per week is worth an extra day of Knowledge Points.

You didn't mention buying Knowledge Points which is where a lot of folks use their excess goods. It gets ever more expensive, but it's actually a more interesting option than throwing your credit card at the game to hurry things along.

So yeah. It takes time for the paint to dry, for your garden to grow, and for your city to develop, but it sounds like you're on the right track.

Bored.jpg

DeletedUser

:( Your comic above comes across as incredibly patronizing, Katwijk. I have to assume that was your intention, otherwise why post it? It gives me the impression that you can't address my comments with anything other than sarcasm, negativity & a "serves you right" attitude, rather than respectfully responding to what I have to say & the logical, reasonable and legitimate points I am making.

You say that 3 months sounds about right - but my description above would be 3 months of constant, every day, rarely missing an hourly KP, neighborly bonus or tournament KP - which is not a scenario based on reality, for the record. But that's besides the point, because my issue is not that I have to play another 3 months to advance - I think I've already been playing for 6 months, at least, so what's the big deal about another 3 months - my issue is that where I am in the game, I now face penalties that others will not & did not face. In addition, I cannot advance in other ways while I wait out that 3 months like I've been able to do before when I've had to wait on areas of the game to progress. Devs asked for feedback from players, and I'm giving it. Instead of hearing from any developer or moderator here that says "Thanks for your feedback, Travelstovegas. We'll take this into consideration. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts." or anything of the sort, instead of that, I get someone telling me I've played the game inappropriately/abusively, I've taken advantage (of what, I don't even know), and that I'm complaining & throwing a fit when I should be grateful instead. o_O

In the Beta discussion of this 10th+ ring issue, a Forum Moderator said (and yes, this is a quote, see the link) "The only thing we need to look at, is whether we have many players who have reached ring 11 while still being in the fairies chapter, or even the dwarves chapter. Again, the developer team has calculated this. Most players who have reached this so called ''wall'' are the early adopters, the ones who have been playing this game when there weren't any guest races, or other features, so the only thing they could do was conquer provinces. New players have a lot more to do, and they can certainly cruise through the research tree with all the kp's they can get now. Something we didn't have when we started playing this game."

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...eeded-after-10th-provinces-circle.5368/page-2

So, per the above, I am this "early adopter" player "who has been playing this game when there weren't guest races or other features, so THE ONLY THING THEY COULD DO WAS CONQUER PROVINCES". And that's just what I did.

Now, since I have gotten no response from an Inno spokesperson - unless perhaps there is one here not identifying themselves - my best case scenario is to hope that Inno reps not only read the feedback that I've taken the time to post, but that they share it with Inno people who can actually make decisions about this stuff. And that they then put some thought into whether or not they are satisfied with the large amount of negative feedback their customers are giving them on this Forum & on Facebook, or if they are going to rethink this process and give it a few small tweaks to keep a lot of people continuing to play the game.

A small change to tie the Orc costs to where a player is located on the Tech Tree instead of where they are on the Map seems to be the general consensus from all us whiny, temper-tantrum throwing, kicking, screaming ingrates. :rolleyes: Yeah, how dare us loathesome masses overstep our bounds? I mean, it's not like the customer is always right... oh, wait....

Mykan

Oh Wise One
While requiring orcs based on a spot in the map may not be the best solution it will add balance to a completely lopsided part of the game. Using a negotiating tactic verse a military one I can move much further in the provinces for the same tech level, surely that is imbalanced if I got "lucky" in the path I chose. This limitation slows down my expansion just like massive enemy numbers do. Granted I would have preferred a buff to the military path then a restriction to the negotiating one but they are now on a more equal footing.

The change is likely a direct slap in the face to those who have focused exploration solely on boosted provinces only. I haven't done the maths yet to see if such a strategy will hit the wall prior to the required tech or not. It is possible such a player will be forced to do non-boosted provinces to get past the chest lock.

I am already preparing my town for it new "factory" (armoury) so I can continue playing in the style I have chosen

DeletedUser627

Travels - did you observe how the Mod response carefully avoided the real issue? The unavailability of expansions. They rationalize along the Katwijk lines - oh! there's much more to do now. But what exactly is there to do? Well, buy Runes and build Wonders...thus actually increasing the shortage of grid space. How brilliant is that? Yes, you can't fight to win free expansions - but you can build Wonders so your existing expansions get used up even faster!

But perhaps they want to imply that Tourneys are the "more to do". Really? And how does one fight very far into the Tourney without the advanced Dwarven and Fairy units? I've personally tried this, without much success; in fact, I lost more troops from my Dwarven city than my post-Elven city. (And don't forget: every Golem / Sorc I or II you lose is actually a III lost, since it won't be in the Barracks for the auto upgrade).

No, those of us categorized as "early adopters" are far past the wall - this penalty is affecting those of you faithful who began playing later. And no mistake - it is a penalty. In your thorough discussion of times and variables, you were generous enough to overlook the problem with KP for Wonders: unless you can produce enough goods to purchase KP, at the end of these 100 days you won't have spent a single KP for Wonders. Imagine that! Getting to end Fairy without any upgraded Wonders! And, compounding this, the fact that your city can't expand will prevent you from building the manufactories needed to produce the goods to buy KP. Plus, you may be able to finish the Research in 100 days, but you won't be able to implement the full upgrades for the race, since you won't have the expansions to build and upgrade. You'll just be pushing through the Research - scraping to find enough room for Day and Night Farms so you don't slow to a crawl, with little room for the new residences and larger T2's. Then you'll start Orc level with a mostly Dwarven city and try to yeah! finally upgrade an Armory so you can retroactively try to figure out how and what to gradually start upgrading. After watching your builders sit idle for weeks on weeks...

Never fear! Beta has announced a truly Inno solution coming in the next update: you can purchase Expansions. They're no longer linked to Main Hall expansions - you're "allowed" to just buy them. Instead of getting to earn them for free (like we did), you have been given the privilege of buying them. Don't you feel lucky?

DeletedUser2855

Well what i want to know is that by upgrading to orc house we lose people will Inno repair this?

DeletedUser594

I see how this has affected players and I can empathize with the frustration of having the brakes slammed on what was a productive and effective way of playing and advancing. Personally I would like some in-game notices so players can make adjustments ahead of time instead of having these doors slamming them in the face. That being said I do feel the game is currently imbalanced and has been pretty much from the get go. There has been one real path to success in this game and that's been to load up on production buildings, produce a ton to negotiate, and get the benefit of high scores whether a city can even run those factories or not.
This is not to make a comparison of styles of play to chalk one up as correct or incorrect. It's simply to note that there has essentially been one way of managing a city if advancing or even keeping up matters to you at all.
I personally never much liked the production route bcs I find production ho-hum and enjoy the battle, but at some point I did swap out my armories for factories because the braking mechanisms everyone is feeling right now in production have always been in place for fighters.
More production=more goods to negotiate, more expansions, more Kps you can buy for advancement or AW's and it's a fairly linear relationship between more production and higher score, rank, city size,etc..
With fighting it starts linear and quickly plateaus because more armories just equal a longer queue, troops take ages, there's a limit that a certain size troop can manage before getting stopped by superior forces.
Production is self feeding- more gets you more gets you more and at a pace battling can't touch or match.
The rest of the arguments about whether or not there should even be pacing, or why they care to limit expanding or anything else to do with this decision they made are not ones I want to get involved with. I am just hoping to point out that for my style of play the game has been glaringly imbalanced from the starting gate and I just adapted my style so i had a reason to keep playing and coming to watch the forums blow up every month or two.

DeletedUser2855

It is all hear say until you try it for real anyway i now also struggle to get expansions its always struggle to get em when scouting new provinces take 17h now,,

DeletedUser61

I now face penalties that others will not & did not face. In addition, I cannot advance in other ways while I wait out that 3 months
You also have a ton of advantages. Just for starters, you were able to acquire a couple hundred Provinces on the cheap, just by throwing Goods at them.

And there's NOTHING wrong with letting your main city just sit for a couple of chapters, while the technology catches up with the number of sectors that you've already acquired, using techniques that are no longer available.

Starting a new city isn't nearly as painful as you might suppose, because you have the advantage of hindsight. You'll find some new problems, of course, but it's pretty easy to avoid the old problems.

The change is likely a direct slap in the face to those who have focused exploration solely on boosted provinces only.
Ya think? Yeah!! The Orcs are sitting right smack in the middle of the freeway, at 223 Provinces.
Soft Capping the "Overproduce and Negotiate" playing style is what the Orcs are all about.

unless you can produce enough goods to purchase KP, at the end of these 100 days you won't have spent a single KP for Wonders.
Ancient Wonders will come into their own once we have a mobile app. They're an ideal way to drop by for a few minutes, during your break, just to clear your Knowledge Points bar. Tournaments are likewise ideal for a mobile platform, as was the July Contest.

Just because somebody is burning out and backing off does NOT mean that they're quitting the game, regardless of all the huffing and puffing that you might be seeing in the forums and in Fellowship chat. The same dynamic occurs in Sports, or Theater, or Startups. Highly motivated anything messes up the rest of your life.

I think folks should make a POINT of completely ignoring Elvenar one day per week. Don't even touch it. The game will still be there when you come back, and you'll be much refreshed.

Once we have a mobile app I'd expect folks to seriously work on their cities a couple of evenings per week, supplemented by smaller interactions every few hours.

I do feel the game is currently imbalanced and has been pretty much from the get go. There has been one real path to success in this game and that's been to load up on production buildings, produce a ton to negotiate, and get the benefit of high scores whether a city can even run those factories or not.
Yeah and Amen. The ability to Negotiate twice as many Provinces as you could acquire by fighting was a glaring design weakness. I suspect that the developers were astonished when folks began to complain that they couldn't scout because they didn't have enough Main Hall storage capacity. Say What???

Now the same folks are complaining that the ORCS are sitting right smack in the middle of their Road to Ruin.

The last elephant that we're hunting is Map Density, and once that's been dealt with then Tournaments will make a lot more sense, and we'll have a lot more interaction with our neighbors, simply because we'll have a lot more active neighbors.

Elvenar is coming together quite nicely.

DeletedUser43

varron...they already have rather severely balanced the game in the fighter's favor with the tournaments. Now you get permanent ranking points if you do nothing but fight for 4 days straight. Until you are seeing dogs in your sleep. Ok. Sure...balance it a bit. I am all for adding features.

But then, then, they make it so that you can't even play in the tournaments because all your fighters will be used to try to clear impossible provinces where you lose every one of your troops in battles you can never win.

As you said, they gave no warning, they just slammed the door in the faces of all their customers. Add a feature fine....take something away that people have been excited about and playing towards....not cool. Not cool at all.

Travels...it is a shame that no moderator will ever slap kj's hand when the rest of us get slapped for simply naming the item we are now supposed to make in the orc era. His comic to you was rude and insulting and downright shameful.

There is a block feature. You simply click on a player's name and then hit ignore. Once someone has shown their only ability to communicate comes down to arrogant ad hominem attacks, there is no point in reading their drivel.

If I had ever seen a moderator say a word to him, I would hit report on every nasty thing that he says...because it is against forum rules...but he is obviously above any forum rules. So, I think the only way we can all avoid such ugliness is with that ignore button.