• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deryn Ilden

Regarding one member spending the resources:

This goes against the goals of coordination, communication, and teamwork.

A leader who didn't coordinate what was needed and made the decisions in a vacuum would soon find fewer members in their fellowship, don't you think? Lots of recruiting going on....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A leader who didn't coordinate what was needed and made the decisions in a vacuum would soon find fewer members in their fellowship, don't you think? Lots of recruiting going on....
Huh?
1. Giving all badges to the leader and only allowing the leader to place badges = less communication needed.
2. The stated goals of the FA is to promote teamwork and communication.

1&2 do not work together, so 1 will not be implemented (as stated by the game developers as well)

That said, I am all for introducing MORE and BETTER communication tools like allowing the highlighting of waypoints or a messaging system that doesn't suck.

Iyapo1

@SoggyShorts @Kekune

My largest city is in chapter 6. In that city I just recently reached a point were I can actually craft everything, every cycle. I am a little single minded about the MA.

So talking about cities not like me.

It takes time and effort to build up enough CCs and fragment to casually craft the high end MA offerings. Players like me will be able to craft the recipes that produce the highest VV as will large advanced cities, small cities and players less MA obsessed than I will rapidly run out of CCs, frags, relics, and speedups.

I should not be able to craft all the AR needed to complete the FA single handedly. If this badge gets overflow, I can.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

On a side note, as a player above duly noted, thank god we dont have to cycle through the badges anymore... and since they came up with something good like that menu, why not make a similar one for normal quests? Seriously it gets old to decline 78765x per day.
Developers said that they don't want people to cycle recurring quests, high volume style. So they keep it as painful as possible. You can still do it (I know I did it for quite a while early on), but they are not going to make it easier to do.

NightshadeCS

I see potential problems with unlimited overflow just as there are with NO overflow. Most of these could be overcome with balancing (how many badges are required in waypoints), but I like the suggestion that you may be able to overflow for one badge only.

CCs and enchantment badges could be gained in vast quantity at the end of the Spire or tourney if you were to win a badge for each one. And this gives an unfair (?) advantage to fellowships who perform well in those arenas consistently.

The other point I want to make on overflow, or misclicking on collections, is the almighty $$$$. I think Inno is smoke-screening when they say that pointed collection is part of the strategy for ensuring purposeful participation. I think it comes down to potential diamond sales. I am much more likely to dip into my store of timers, or even diamonds, when I accidentally collect that extra Statue or Blacksmith element.

I would like to see a change to Bracelets. It is simply demoralizing to have 3 or 4 fully levelled T1 with MM on it and not be able to get even 1 Bracelet from a 3 hour production. They could even increase the number of Bracelets required in the paths to equal the same ratio, but it is just vastly out of balance with the way other badges work.

Iyapo1

I would like to see a change to Bracelets. It is simply demoralizing to have 3 or 4 fully levelled T1 with MM on it and not be able to get even 1 Bracelet from a 3 hour production. They could even increase the number of Bracelets required in the paths to equal the same ratio, but it is just vastly out of balance with the way other badges work.
I agree with this to a point.

I think the bonus production available to chapter 1, 2 and 3 cities should stay.

But the production requirement between other chapters should be evened out.

Chapter 4, 6, 9 and 15 should not have production numbers that are so much higher than the other chapters, it needs an ajustment.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At my level, the spire isn't open yet....spell fragments for crafting are very rare, unless I disenchant something I know I really need.
How are you getting free diamonds? How long did it take you to get the 500 to upgrade the MA? If it was through crafting in MA, well, here we go again...

Level 3 is only 250 diamonds and the game had given me those by the start of chapter 3. Level 4 is 500 and level 5 is 750. After that, between diamond rewards from moving through the chapters and winning diamonds from the Spire and crafting, I got that 1250 diamonds fairly quickly. This city is now in chapter 9 and i have gotten enough free diamonds to get a 3rd builder and several premium expansions. Winning two Genies from the Spire also helped.

Gath Of Baal

The overflow option would also be nice for the Wonder Society badges or the ability to break down a 20 or 30 into 10s.

Yes the Adventure has improved from what it used to be but there is always room for it to get better especially if the system to improve it is already in place within another feature of the game

Kekune

Why would I save up catalysts that long when my small city can use the crated items (once I open the spire, am able to fight/win, or spend a lot of resources to placate blue spirits. I have always collected spells because my city needed them.
Many cities and fellowships work very hard to win the FA. You might not do this, but somebody would. This would be another advantage to big cities that could, in fact, go for a few days or weeks without collecting from the MA.
My point is not about "overflow" but about the time, blood, sweat, and tears it takes to make vision vapor for the residue badge.
I am not disagreeing with any other point you made. You stated that the shortcut I described wasn't possible. I was simply explaining how it would work.

Deryn Ilden

Level 3 is only 250 diamonds and the game had given me those by the start of chapter 3. Level 4 is 500 and level 5 is 750. After that, between diamond rewards from moving through the chapters and winning diamonds from the Spire and crafting, I got that 1250 diamonds fairly quickly. This city is now in chapter 9 and i have gotten enough free diamonds to get a 3rd builder and several premium expansions. Winning two Genies from the Spire also helped.
Wow! In my CH7 sity, the MOST I ever got in diamonds was 50, one time. I got 25 maybe three times. Wait- what are genies in the Spire? Are they at the top, where the big dogs can afford to go? Do you only do Spire? I am a small puppy, waiting to grow up I guess....

Deryn Ilden

Huh?
1. Giving all badges to the leader and only allowing the leader to place badges = less communication needed.
2. The stated goals of the FA is to promote teamwork and communication.

1&2 do not work together, so 1 will not be implemented (as stated by the game developers as well)

That said, I am all for introducing MORE and BETTER communication tools like allowing the highlighting of waypoints or a messaging system that doesn't suck.
That might happen once, but as I said, members would jump ship if they felt ignored. True leaders know to engage everyone (read communicate with) in decision making. Haven't you ever experienced this in real life? Bad bosses losing good employees?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Wow! In my CH7 sity, the MOST I ever got in diamonds was 50, one time. I got 25 maybe three times. Wait- what are genies in the Spire? Are they at the top, where the big dogs can afford to go? Do you only do Spire? I am a small puppy, waiting to grow up I guess....

The Genie is a possible prize from both the final boss and from the purple chests. I almost never even complete the 2nd floor in that city. I my Genies from purple bonus chests that spawned on the 1st floor.

And if you are in chapter 7, then you have been given 200 diamonds several times by completing the final quest of the chapter and by opening the chest on the research tree at the start of some chapters.

hvariidh gwendrot

every trophy i have ever won real world or otherwise you had to have repetition of some sort .. earn those trophy overflow is lazy play

hvariidh gwendrot

p.s. i'm not the one who came up with "if someone falls down" that was you soggy lol own your strawman and stop projecting when you have an opinion contrary to your own in here .. if you want a 1 click game go play roulette wheel game or something it will go for you all day make lots or sounds and flashy light to entertain you vs having to focus on your game play ha

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
At my level, the spire isn't open yet
IMO, your Ch2 city FS has more problems than just you having a small city. Of the 25 members, 4 haven't played since Nov/Dec 2020 and one stopped in early Jan 2021. Even if the 20 left are active and are all playing the FA, the most advanced city is in Ch5. This is part of why I encourage being in an FS with a mix of cities in different chapters. It just makes things easier all around. It's hard to help one another if you're all facing similar challenges. It also makes the FA's harder on everyone.
Agree w/ @Kekune about the potential for really unbalanced CC spell production if overflow were activated for those. My cities are larger than many in this discussion (one end of Ch14, the other end of Ch15) and I have a sufficient inventory of CC spells (178 and 317, respectively) that I could go a long time making CC's and not collecting them. Also, agree with @SoggyShorts: hate the excessive clicking (and so do my old wrists, lol!) and eliminating much of it would not take away from the planning, coordination, cooperation and focus needed to succeed in the FA.
Here's something to think about and possibly work towards:
I've been playing one city for almost 4yrs, the other for almost 3yrs. I upgraded my MA to lvl 5 early (pre-crafting, pre-Spire, pre-FA's) to improve production time on spells (mainly MM spells). With the launch of crafting, it provided more SF's for disenchanting things than lower level MA's provide as a nice immediate bonus. Spire provides a small chance for diamonds in some regular chests and a small chance for 50, 75, and 150 diamonds in the boss chests on floor 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The Genie is offered in the final 3rd floor boss chest and the Purple mystery chests.
I've been playing the Spire every week since it launched in Aug 2019 and going to the top weekly in Ch15 city for over a year; Ch14 city for ~9mos. That has enabled me to develop quite an inventory of CC's, Spell Fragments, and time boosters as well as diamonds. I have replaced all regular houses and workshops in both cities with magic ones either through winning them in the Spire, from placing Genies, or buying them with diamonds won in the Spire and through crafting in the MA. Here's what my current inventory of SF's and the relevant time boosters (have a good number of the longer and shorter time ones as well) looks like in both cities right now:
Ch14: SF's: 654K Timers: 8hr-128; 5hr-485; 2hr-383; 1hr-765
Ch15: SF's: 781K Timers: 8hr-89; 5hr-194; 2hr-113; 1hr-229
The 2nd city (started 1+yrs after the first) benefitted from all the mistakes made in the first one on most efficient way to build to maximize resources and that's obvious when you look at my need to use time boosters more often in that first city.
All my totals here are after having crafted every single thing in the MA recipes for every single refresh since this FA started, allowing me to produce a much larger number of residue badges than would otherwise be possible. The side effect to that is opening the Mystery Object much more often than I normally do (which averages about once/wk during normal game play). Thus far, since this past Tuesday, I have won 2000 diamonds from that Mystery Object between both cities. Added to that is 400 diamonds (like clockwork, every week) from FS Spire chests (Silver in one city, Gold in the other) as well as some of the smaller quantities of diamonds as individual rewards. I may re-evaluate crafting items I don't really need on a more regular basis, lol!
TLDR: Over time, you can amass a huge amount of resources including free diamonds by upgrading MA and consistent tourney and Spire play.

Deryn Ilden

IMO, your Ch2 city FS has more problems than just you having a small city. Of the 25 members, 4 haven't played since Nov/Dec 2020 and one stopped in early Jan 2021. Even if the 20 left are active and are all playing the FA, the most advanced city is in Ch5. This is part of why I encourage being in an FS with a mix of cities in different chapters. It just makes things easier all around. It's hard to help one another if you're all facing similar challenges. It also makes the FA's harder on everyone.
Agree w/ @Kekune about the potential for really unbalanced CC spell production if overflow were activated for those. My cities are larger than many in this discussion (one end of Ch14, the other end of Ch15) and I have a sufficient inventory of CC spells (178 and 317, respectively) that I could go a long time making CC's and not collecting them. Also, agree with @SoggyShorts: hate the excessive clicking (and so do my old wrists, lol!) and eliminating much of it would not take away from the planning, coordination, cooperation and focus needed to succeed in the FA.
Here's something to think about and possibly work towards:
I've been playing one city for almost 4yrs, the other for almost 3yrs. I upgraded my MA to lvl 5 early (pre-crafting, pre-Spire, pre-FA's) to improve production time on spells (mainly MM spells). With the launch of crafting, it provided more SF's for disenchanting things than lower level MA's provide as a nice immediate bonus. Spire provides a small chance for diamonds in some regular chests and a small chance for 50, 75, and 150 diamonds in the boss chests on floor 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The Genie is offered in the final 3rd floor boss chest and the Purple mystery chests.
I've been playing the Spire every week since it launched in Aug 2019 and going to the top weekly in Ch15 city for over a year; Ch14 city for ~9mos. That has enabled me to develop quite an inventory of CC's, Spell Fragments, and time boosters as well as diamonds. I have replaced all regular houses and workshops in both cities with magic ones either through winning them in the Spire, from placing Genies, or buying them with diamonds won in the Spire and through crafting in the MA. Here's what my current inventory of SF's and the relevant time boosters (have a good number of the longer and shorter time ones as well) looks like in both cities right now:
Ch14: SF's: 654K Timers: 8hr-128; 5hr-485; 2hr-383; 1hr-765
Ch15: SF's: 781K Timers: 8hr-89; 5hr-194; 2hr-113; 1hr-229
The 2nd city (started 1+yrs after the first) benefitted from all the mistakes made in the first one on most efficient way to build to maximize resources and that's obvious when you look at my need to use time boosters more often in that first city.
All my totals here are after having crafted every single thing in the MA recipes for every single refresh since this FA started, allowing me to produce a much larger number of residue badges than would otherwise be possible. The side effect to that is opening the Mystery Object much more often than I normally do (which averages about once/wk during normal game play). Thus far, since this past Tuesday, I have won 2000 diamonds from that Mystery Object between both cities. Added to that is 400 diamonds (like clockwork, every week) from FS Spire chests (Silver in one city, Gold in the other) as well as some of the smaller quantities of diamonds as individual rewards. I may re-evaluate crafting items I don't really need on a more regular basis, lol!
TLDR: Over time, you can amass a huge amount of resources including free diamonds by upgrading MA and consistent tourney and Spire play.
My fellowship does not exclude players who don't do tournaments, spire, or FA's. It doesn't dump members right away who don't play, due to the way the world is right now and life happening. It doesn't require a certain point total or have strict rules on how many times you have to do neighborly help or contribute to AW's, require three-start trades to newest members or how trades can be offered period (no cross-trading. I have seen these restrictions whilst searching for a fellowship to join. I cannot afford to do the spire to the top every week, heck, don't think I've done it even once. My fellowship was happy to get to 5th chest in the last tourney through teamwork without pressure to perform.
You have actually made my point for me:
Bigger cities, long-time players, selective fellowships, and competitive-focused players have a huge advantage over fellowships who stop to smell the roses, enjoy the game, and welcome people who feel the same.
I wonder how someone can craft all recipes in every rotation without time instants? Again, favoring players further along who can easily collect these items.
All I would like to see is a fix to the residue badge that would level this playing field. And no, a small city that wants to remain functioning, without teleports and excessive expansion ($ or spending precious resources/military for provinces) can't rule the bracelet badges either.
As for diamonds- I am old and my memory for that is obviously flawed. I will freely admit that. Now I will look for those bonuses and keep them safe while they accumulate.

Deryn Ilden

The Genie is a possible prize from both the final boss and from the purple chests. I almost never even complete the 2nd floor in that city. I my Genies from purple bonus chests that spawned on the 1st floor.

And if you are in chapter 7, then you have been given 200 diamonds several times by completing the final quest of the chapter and by opening the chest on the research tree at the start of some chapters.
Thank you for this- I obviously spent them so soon they are a faded memory. I will start saving them up now.

Deryn Ilden

Many cities and fellowships work very hard to win the FA. You might not do this, but somebody would. This would be another advantage to big cities that could, in fact, go for a few days or weeks without collecting from the MA.

I am not disagreeing with any other point you made. You stated that the shortcut I described wasn't possible. I was simply explaining how it would work.
Win the FA? lol...we are not playing to win, but to enjoy the game. And we do work hard to do it.
You are correct that overflow for catalysts is an idea I don't support for the reason you stated. (wow, what a crazy awkward sentence) The shortcut isn't possible fr me: for my small city, even collecting catalysts/spell fragments to craft is a barrier.
That being said, it is a bit sad to collect two or more catalysts at a time in the spire and not get the same amount of badges for them.

Deleted User - 3932582

Bigger cities, long-time players, selective fellowships, and competitive-focused players have a huge advantage over fellowships who stop to smell the roses, enjoy the game, and welcome people who feel the same.
So, what exactly is wrong with that? We get it, you're in a very relaxed FS, nothing's wrong with that - plenty of players are. But why would you expect that players who actually display a higher level of commitment won't get an advantage? This makes no sense. It's like saying that you like running to be a light jogging once in a while, but when you join a marathon event it is unfair that trained athletes have an advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.