• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This is the first I'm hearing of this, but I'll keep an eye out.
Helya I have narrowed this down; the context occurs whenever there is a clickable item underneath the FA questgivers' box. When I click on the box, or hover on it, nothing happens. It doesn't see the province/city/building behind the box, but it doesn't see the questgivers' box either.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Helya I have narrowed this down; the context occurs whenever there is a clickable item underneath the FA questgivers' box. When I click on the box, or hover on it, nothing happens. It doesn't see the province/city/building behind the box, but it doesn't see the questgivers' box either.
Can you please put in a ticket with support so I can forward this to the developers? I need a city ID for the report.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
in a competitive structure players should have to actually do the game play, a good example is if a football team takes the field and runs 1 play and they get awarded a touchdown .. no chance of a fumble no interceptions no penalties just 1 snap and you get the touchdown seems a weak way to want to play .., same with 1 click to auto collect with rollover, no penalty for not paying attention .. that's weak
Ridiculous strawman from you as usual. Here's one right backatcha:

Here's what the team actually does:
  1. comes up with a plan
  2. sets the play in motion
  3. successfully reaches the endzone for a touchdown
  4. makes the extra point
and then you want them to walk off the field in numerical order in order for the point to count.

That's weak.

What I'm asking for is to just let me do all 20 tournament provinces and then click "claim" rather than clicking claim after every single fight.

P.S. feel free to actually address any of the points I've made the various times I've explained this to you.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

unless there is a good reason to make it so darn difficult to achieve.
I have a small city (Ch 3) and a larger one (just started Ch. 7) and this is a problem in both.
It is also a problem in chapter 17 cities. The Arcane Residue badges and the braclet badges are the primary pinch points. All FS face the same level of difficulty with those badges. Chapter 1, 2 and 3 cities who can barely make Arcane Residue can pound out braclets like little factories!
Personally I think those two badges are awsome!

SoggyShorts

Personally I think those two badges are awsome!
I have mixed feelings about the residue badge.
Every other badge can be increased by either time or space, but the MA gives a maximum of 20 random recipes per day and the only way to increase that is :diamond::diamond::diamond:
I like the idea of the badge, but the implementation and making it the choke point is a little too Pay-to-win + luck-based for my tastes.

Iyapo1

I have mixed feelings about the residue badge.
Every other badge can be increased by either time or space, but the MA gives a maximum of 20 random recipes per day and the only way to increase that is :diamond::diamond::diamond:
I like the idea of the badge, but the implementation and making it the choke point is a little too Pay-to-win + luck-based for my tastes.
There is not a single choke point in this game that you cant buy your way out of. Impatience and lack of planning can be very expensive.

On the bright side, you can wrack up a lot of diamonds farming the MA and the Spire so you dont have to pay a penny to spin again or plant an expansion(or 3) or buy a badge(why, why?).

SoggyShorts

There is not a single choke point in this game that you cant buy your way out of.
That's not my issue with it, my issue is having a choke point that you can only buy your way out of.
It also doesn't address the random nature of the badge.

As I said, I like the idea of the badge, but I think it needs tweaking. (rollover + balancing with other badges)

Iyapo1

If every single player in a full FS made 1 Arcane Residue every day of the FA, they would be well into the pit. RNG love or hate is not really a factor until you start competing for rank.
In a FS that is half empty, 2 a day is still very doable. It is not an overly harsh pinch until you hit the pit.

Iyapo1

@Aritra , FA or no FA I craft pretty much everything. I spire for CCs and frags and tournament for relics(to craft CCs) just to fuel my MA. My goal is to open the mystical object as often as possible to get a chance at the 500 diamond prize in every other mystical object.

hvariidh gwendrot

it's a team game so i used a team example .. let's use the fall down during a race example as that was used too .. i ran track and if someone in front of me fell down they lost the race .. i am saying the team stay on the field and play vs having the game played for them which is what an overflow is .. no straw involved in my statement man lol all your team does this example is exactly my point come up with a plan and pay attention vs again trying to have a bot function because you are lazy .. you have to run the race to win and if you fall you fall :cool:

hvariidh gwendrot

the term you all have been using is overflow, in the context of fellowship adventures = extras spilling over to fill in automatically for badges, usually it is in the context of swooping across the city and having all the badges, no matter the number, add up in 3'or 5's or 10's (whatever) the complaint usually goes something like "if i collect 6 and get credit for 5 that's a waste or if i collect 3 cc and get credit for 1 that's a waste" even though people are getting those things to use, for the FA's there are specific requests for the player to accomplish to acquire the badges for their team, the player should have to pay attention and put in the time to get it as there are teams competing for the spots, which is the strangest thing about this conversation because as a fellowship we don't care about rank we play for the goodies, but the idea of having the game round of any mistakes for players, to me seems like a cheat .. there is a ranking system and additional prizes, so teams should have to earn those spots .. as far as collecting rewards after each fight in a tournament for a badge, it still applies as there are 3 badges related to fights or negotiating during the tournament (8 relics, 3 tournament encounters, 2 pop or ee enchantments) same with using 3 enchantments badge, why not just use 300 then go collect a 100 badges ? people i talk to think that would take the playing the game part out of the game and i agree

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
@hvariidh gwendrot
How does that in any way whatsoever relate to having to click "claim" after every tournament fight?

I hate to take hvarrid's side in this, just because of his silly analogies
but i just don't find it that onerous to click the collection every couple of provinces
now i admit it would be nice to to just drag across 30 planks when collecting statues
but still, i can do click click collect, every two days
i'm just glad we don't do those endless cycles anymore

SoggyShorts

there is a ranking system and additional prizes, so teams should have to earn those spots
And they do, when they earn those badges by setting productions, completing encounters, and crafting.
zombie clicking doesn't need to be a part of that and the game would be enjoyed more without it.
people i talk to think that would take the playing the game part out of the game and i agree
I'm sure that has nothing to do with your terrible analogies and strawman arguments
"Hey would you guys like to win the FA in a single click? No? See, everyone agrees with me!
i just don't find it that onerous to click the collection every couple of provinces
It's a 3-click claim every 3 provinces for a ghost badge, every 8 relics for a marble badge, every 2 provinces for a hat, every 5 workshops for a blacksmith every spire library for a CC every recipe over 9 for a residue etc etc.
Yes, it's better than the 16 clicks per badge of the original system, but there's plenty of room to streamline it.

--------------------------------
The bottom line:
It's not fun, and it doesn't add anything positive to the game.

Kekune

While I'd love it if all the badges allowed for overflow, it seems particularly important for the bracelet and residue badges. While the others* can be collected precisely, those simply can't, even if the player is paying close attention and being careful. Waste is built right in to those badges. Overflow would allow people to actually get credit for all the goods and residue they produce.

(*Catalysts can mostly be collected individually. And if they had full overflow, it would be possible to line up a whole bunch of them in the MA and collect all at once for a ridiculous shortcut.)

Every discussion I've seen about this is all or nothing. What about limited overflow? Perhaps only a single badge at a time? So if you overshoot your collection you start accumulating another badge, but you can't have more than one (or one of each type) pile up without collecting. That wouldn't allow players to sweep their city or reduce clicks during tourney, but it would mean no waste and no penalty for a single misclick on collecting.

AtaguS

I'm all for player participation being a measure of success in a FA and I do understand that "clicking" is how we interact with the game.
And, Inno has already made some changes to reduce tedious clicks...why not keep pushing for some more creative ways to click instead of just reduced ways? We can do better than settling for a game in which the number of times a player forgets to click, or accidentally clicks too much, becomes a measure for how well they deserve to do. Aren't these FAs meant to be about a fs working together to achieve a common goal? Clicks should be for that.

Why not add in game features to better place the burden of ranking in the FA on how a player makes the badges in decent volume, or how a fs organizes their players for maximum badge counts, communication amongst fellows...and not rely on how many times players over-click, or the lag causes mistakes, etc.

--How about a fs wide badge counting screen where, in-game, you can click-to-contribute your badges to the count (one type of badge at a time for maximum interactions)?
--Or even a floating window to show your progress in overflow collections which you then have to click-to-enter into your official badge collection record?
--- @Kekune 's idea above about limited overflow reduces clicks while not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

TalimSwift

I really have no problem with the way things work. Except maybe one tiny thing. The arcane residue is a pain... Since spillage doesnt count, these are hard to collect. You are somewhat subject to random luck. Many times when it refreshes, you get 5 garbage recipes that give 1-2-3 vapors only...
And making a 20% portal instant thaat gives 23 vapors... only 9 is being "used". So how about making that badge more rare and thus asking for less wherever it's needed. Example. Badge requires 45 VP but in the pit, you only need 1 instead of 5... or something like that

On a side note, as a player above duly noted, thank god we dont have to cycle through the badges anymore... and since they came up with something good like that menu, why not make a similar one for normal quests? Seriously it gets old to decline 78765x per day. There are 20-21 quests in that cycle i believe, and theres only 6-7 that i actually do.. Why is there 4 different quessts for building upgrades? 3 different ones for collecting relics/fighting map/solve encounters.
Decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, delcine, do you wish to decline, yes, collect, decline,do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline this stupid quest, jesus man, yes i wnat to decline, i pressed the stupid decline button didnt I already?, decline... ah screw this, sweep the map and go to bed.

I mean come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.