• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyapo1

The bottom line:
It's not fun, and it doesn't add anything positive to the game.
This is your bottom line. Other people enjoy the clickfest.
(did your lip just curl?)

Also, allowing overflow on the arcane residue badge specifically would completely eliminate the parity achieved by this badge between small and large cities. Let he who has the most moonstone sets win! Or at least let them beat anyone who doesnt drop a crap ton of diamonds.

Iyapo1

Badge requires 45 VP but in the pit, you only need 1 instead of 5... or something like that
I love this idea!
Decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, delcine, do you wish to decline, yes, collect, decline,do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline this stupid quest, jesus man, yes i wnat to decline, i pressed the stupid decline button didnt I already?, decline... ah screw this, sweep the map and go to bed.
Roflmao!

AtaguS

Decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, delcine, do you wish to decline, yes, collect, decline,do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline, yes, decline, do you wish to decline this stupid quest, jesus man, yes i wnat to decline, i pressed the stupid decline button didnt I already?, decline...
...and then remember declining one too many times and having to start at the beginning of the cycle all over again?? o_O

Kekune

Also, allowing overflow on the arcane residue badge specifically would completely eliminate the parity achieved by this badge between small and large cities. Let he who has the most moonstone sets win!
How does it eliminate parity? Both large and small cities have the same amount of waste in collecting, and are subject to the same randomness. If anything, I'd think a change would be better for small cities who may be unable to absorb that waste as easily as a bigger city with more resources.

Deryn Ilden

It is also a problem in chapter 17 cities. The Arcane Residue badges and the braclet badges are the primary pinch points. All FS face the same level of difficulty with those badges. Chapter 1, 2 and 3 cities who can barely make Arcane Residue can pound out braclets like little factories!
Personally I think those two badges are awsome!
Actually, small cities have a difficult time with the bracelets as well- available space, population, and workshops/manufactories (that need the space and population) to produce. City expansions are difficult when you are young. Having to buy our way to a badge (instants) for recipes that take 5 hours to make 7 residue? Not cool. What if I am in noncombat-super-serious style fellowships trying to get highest ranking? We want to play for fun, but still have a chance at advancing through the paths.
Residue badges are, as mentioned before, a choke point. Why have that in a game supposed to be for enjoyment?

BuilderRacoon

the Fellowship Adventure needs a change in the way you SPEND the resources.
the whole fellowship collects resources as it is; the resources collected should go to a POOL; which ONLY a Mage or higher can spend on paths.
every single FA, some new guy, or someone who is not listened ruins it for everyone. they put stuff on paths we arent doing, wasting valuable resources, and then encourages others to follow them. this has happed on EVERY FA, and its frustrating to the point where we must start scolding (gently) the offenders. we dont want to start booting out people just because they arent following instructions, but it would be nice NOT to have them ruin a set plan and structure that most are following. //rant done

Deryn Ilden

(*Catalysts can mostly be collected individually. And if they had full overflow, it would be possible to line up a whole bunch of them in the MA and collect all at once for a ridiculous shortcut.)

In my smaller city, a catalyst takes 15 hours to produce. Even lining them up means about 1 every day, no more than 2 in a 24hour span. A ridiculous shortcut is impossible here. The MA is upgraded by diamonds only, vastly shortening production time, yet here we are again with pay-to-win. *Sigh, does it have to be about making money for Inno?
Both of my fellowships have great communication and excellent teamwork. I guess we just don't want to be professional gamers.

Deryn Ilden

the Fellowship Adventure needs a change in the way you SPEND the resources.
the whole fellowship collects resources as it is; the resources collected should go to a POOL; which ONLY a Mage or higher can spend on paths.
every single FA, some new guy, or someone who is not listened ruins it for everyone. they put stuff on paths we arent doing, wasting valuable resources, and then encourages others to follow them. this has happed on EVERY FA, and its frustrating to the point where we must start scolding (gently) the offenders. we dont want to start booting out people just because they arent following instructions, but it would be nice NOT to have them ruin a set plan and structure that most are following. //rant done

This is an awesome idea! Newer players like myself (4 months, 2nd FA) really don't know what we're doing. I constantly check with the team so I'm not that guy lol...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Deryn Ilden why would you consider spending diamonds on the MA pay to win? I have a city on the Beta server where I have not spent any money at all. From using all the free diamonds in the game, my MA was max level before I even got to chapter 6. While some of that was from luck, the game still gives enough free diamonds by the time you are in chapter 3 to at least upgrade the MA to level 3, if the diamonds weren't wasted on something else.

Iyapo1

In my smaller city, a catalyst takes 15 hours to produce. Even lining them up means about 1 every day, no more than 2 in a 24hour span. A ridiculous shortcut is impossible here. The MA is upgraded by diamonds only, vastly shortening production time, yet here we are again with pay-to-win. *Sigh, does it have to be about making money for Inno?

This right here is why I loved the Arcane Residue badge. I think this badge is a spectacular way to show players just how many diamonds you can win in the MA.
Any other considerations...are secondary to this.
You have a chance to win 500 diamonds in every other mystical object. In my non diamond account I have won enough diamonds in the MA and Spire to fully upgrade my MA and buy a couple of expansions, it is a chapter 5 city.

Last edited:

Kekune

In my smaller city, a catalyst takes 15 hours to produce. Even lining them up means about 1 every day, no more than 2 in a 24hour span. A ridiculous shortcut is impossible here.
You can use the crafting button at the bottom of the screen to enter the magic academy without collecting spells you've made. No matter how long it takes you to make catalysts, if you can avoid collecting them you could theoretically string them together for weeks and then collect a LOT once the FA starts. Yeah, you'd get more with a lvl5 MA, but if they overflowed then any city that prepared could make a ridiculous number of badges in seconds.

Iyapo1

Actually, small cities have a difficult time with the bracelets as well-
I can't find it! Forum Help!
Some one posted a breakdown on which chapters could make the most braclet badges last FA, but I cant find the chart!

Last edited:

Deryn Ilden

@Deryn Ilden why would you consider spending diamonds on the MA pay to win? I have a city on the Beta server where I have not spent any money at all. From using all the free diamonds in the game, my MA was max level before I even got to chapter 6. While some of that was from luck, the game still gives enough free diamonds by the time you are in chapter 3 to at least upgrade the MA to level 3, if the diamonds weren't wasted on something else.
At my level, the spire isn't open yet....spell fragments for crafting are very rare, unless I disenchant something I know I really need.
How are you getting free diamonds? How long did it take you to get the 500 to upgrade the MA? If it was through crafting in MA, well, here we go again...

Iyapo1

We had a FS member comment on how easy the Bracelet badge is. For me, I didn't think it was easy at all, so the scaling must be quite interesting.

Using @Jackluyt 's data for goods required per chapter, I made my own table of 3h productions required per badge (the last column is for chapters that get an upgrade to during the chapter and haven't done the chapter upgrade yet -- this is using Elven Planks for production data and assuming a 700% boost (something that might not be realistic for very low chapters).
Chapter3h Productions per Badge(Using previous chapter building)
1#N/A
3#N/A

So yes, the bracelet is slanted towards smaller cities and towards the people in chapters with a goods upgrade (assuming you have had a chance to do the upgrade).
Found it! No chapter 1 or 3 info here, unfortunately.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Other people enjoy the clickfest.
(did your lip just curl?)
LoL I almost spit out my cookie. I'll be perfectly honest on this one: If true, I don't care. I stand by that more players find the clicking between every single badge annoying than not, so it should change. That simple.
Also, allowing overflow on the arcane residue badge specifically would completely eliminate the parity achieved by this badge between small and large cities. Let he who has the most moonstone sets win! Or at least let them beat anyone who doesnt drop a crap ton of diamonds.
I don't see how. The change would affect everyone. As for top spots, those are already reserved for diamond MA flippers, so no change there either.
resources collected should go to a POOL; which ONLY a Mage or higher can spend on paths.
This goes against the goals of coordination, communication, and teamwork.

Deryn Ilden

You can use the crafting button at the bottom of the screen to enter the magic academy without collecting spells you've made. No matter how long it takes you to make catalysts, if you can avoid collecting them you could theoretically string them together for weeks and then collect a LOT once the FA starts. Yeah, you'd get more with a lvl5 MA, but if they overflowed then any city that prepared could make a ridiculous number of badges in seconds.
What is the time span between FA's? Why would I save up catalysts that long when my small city can use the crated items (once I open the spire, am able to fight/win, or spend a lot of resources to placate blue spirits. I have always collected spells because my city needed them.
My point is not about "overflow" but about the time, blood, sweat, and tears it takes to make vision vapor for the residue badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.