• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.11

DeletedUser1177

Whoa! Just a sec let me run down to the store and get some more tissue for the people that are crying over the AW change. I ran out of tissue for them. Grow up! It's just a game. That change is not that bad I have had mine for awhile now. Just make room for them... :)

DeletedUser2753

Read This:

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

Hamburg, November 4, 2015. InnoGames just released a major content update to its strategic fantasy-game Elvenar: The Ancient Wonders. From now on, every race will reward the player's efforts with up to two unique buildings. Humans, Elves and Dwarves have their own Ancient Wonders in the research menu, the rare landmarks vary in looks and effects. To construct them, players will need to collect so called "rune chards". InnoGames has also released a video, explaining the feature in detail.

There is a broad variety of effects depending on the race and building; for example, additional population, production boosts or battle benefits. Players can pick the Ancient Wonder that suits their city and strategy the best. Once built, players can upgrade the Ancient Wonders to further strengthen their power. Upgrades however, require knowledge points. It is crucial to ask guild members and neighbors for support. Those who helped the most, will also receive knowledge points and rune chards, when the building is upgraded. In general, rune chards are available from a variety of sources, for example via completing provinces or quests.

Elvenar is a city-building strategy-MMO, set in an exotic fantasy world. Tasked with creating a flourishing city, players can choose between Elves or Humans as a starting race. The game's focus lies on building and upgrading a city, but players also trade or explore the world map. The choice between Elves and Humans influences the way the players' cities and inhabitants look and which technologies and units are at their disposal. The Elves live and breathe magic and exist in close harmony with nature, whereas Humans are ambitious and determined engineers.

With about 150 million registered players, InnoGames is one of the world's leading developers and providers of online games. Currently, the Hamburg-based company employs over 350 professionals from 30 nations. InnoGames has scored major success with games such as Tribal Wars, Grepolis and Forge of Empires.

Bold & Red by me

DeletedUser2855

just give us more diamonds for same amout of money like in beta and problem solved lol,,,update this now :)

DeletedUser61

He did not want the AW's which are now mandatory.
The RESEARCH in mandatory, not the Ancient Wonders. This is similar to the requirement for researching all three manufacturing technologies.

The game is designed to require a certain number of Knowledge Points (time) to wade through each chapter. I'd much rather spend KPs on something that I might even use, rather than simply adding points to everything that I have to research anyway.

If somebody has been skipping the optional research blocks, City Expansions come to mind, so that they can rush to the end of each chapter quicker, it's pretty reasonable to expect that they'll have to back fill later on.

DeletedUser1016

Whoa! Just a sec let me run down to the store and get some more tissue for the people that are crying over the AW change. I ran out of tissue for them. Grow up! It's just a game. That change is not that bad I have had mine for awhile now. Just make room for them... :)
If somebody has been skipping the optional research blocks, City Expansions come to mind, so that they can rush to the end of each chapter quicker, it's pretty reasonable to expect that they'll have to back fill later on.
.... IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE....:p

DeletedUser2753

Since your so familiar with the companies design goals Kat here are two terms you should know well: ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) and overall ROI. This is not about designing a well balanced, enjoyable and fair game it is business and all about money.

DeletedUser

Bottom line - one of the FEW choices left in the game was taken away. The guy that left said he was tired of having no choices. Choosing to unlock (or not) certain ancient wonders was one of the few strategic choices left to players, and it's becoming more and more obvious that we don't have options. Everyone COULD play the game the same way, but then where's the fun and creativity?

Why do we all have to play at the same pace? Why can't we decide which options we like and which we don't? What values matter to us? Even whether we prefer to fight or negotiate?

For the record, I wasn't surprised by this. Every single "optional" tech that has been introduced in a previous chapter has eventually been made mandatory, no matter how much we railed against it. I was prepared, but many other players weren't and suddenly had their progress halted to go back and research items they had no desire for and that indeed were detrimental to their goals (by reducing the chance of receiving a wanted shard). And that's where it smarts. We've asked before to have buildings & research made optional, when it is harmful to what we have spent months and real money to build, only to have our opinions completely discounted.

Seriously. Just give us a few choices. Even on things that don't matter (like extra skins. Or extra music). Even if it costs diamonds. I bet people will pay.

DeletedUser1390

On another subject... the message saying "There is a Treasure in this City" when you visit seems not to be appearing tonight (or vanishes really fast?) The chime still sounds, and the treasure is there, just no text.

DeletedUser627

None of the changes that were done the last 3 months had a negative effect on the strategy I am following now, neither do the ones of today, and if it turns out they do, then I adjust my strategy

Some hyperbole here, certainly. And a certain lack of logic: "none of the changes had a negative effect...but if they did..."

Every
mid-level city was negatively-impacted by the elimination of earned expansions - unless you're playing an obscure strategy akin to Katwijk's "clickless", perhaps trying to make the smallest possible functional city? Something this extreme would be an interesting game version, but it's not relevant to hold up as an example.

Similarly, every city was negatively-impacted by the release of so many Wonders. It is categorically now more improbable that one will earn the Rune Shards one wants for a particular Wonder - this is a fact that isn't open to discussion. You may choose to accept this - sort of just roll over and say "whatev'" - but why get upset at the players who don't like the changes? If you're so "whatev'" with the developers, you should be equally "whatev" with fellow players. But you're not.

The new players just entering the game are in the best shape unless they read and are scared away from all of the game changes and by what is being posted in the forum. They don't know any better and are mainly in smaller by size and rank fellowships just learning.

Nicely facetious! "In the best shape" to be fleeced, right?

....it's pretty reasonable to expect that they'll have to back fill later on.

I don't think it's reasonable: we should have been grandfathered in. I completed the work in the various Ages - received my "congratulations", closed out the corresponding Quest lines, etc. So what if Inno changed its' mind? They decided to offer Wonders to early players, and expect me to cheerfully forfeit an entire week's progress because they want to confuse early players and boost revenues? Due to their exculpatory fine print, they have the right to do this...but terming it "reasonable" is akin to outrageous.

DeletedUser3575

I don't think it's reasonable: we should have been grandfathered in. I completed the work in the various Ages - received my "congratulations", closed out the corresponding Quest lines, etc. So what if Inno changed its' mind? They decided to offer Wonders to early players, and expect me to cheerfully forfeit an entire week's progress because they want to confuse early players and boost revenues? Due to their exculpatory fine print, they have the right to do this...but terming it "reasonable" is akin to outrageous.

EXACTLY. Changing the foundations of the game and making players long since past that stage have to go back and handicap themselves from continuing the later portions of the game is NOT reasonable. Buildings that may have been beneficial at that stage of the game aren't necessarily beneficial later in the game, either. There was no way for players in Chapter 6 to plan for suddenly released Chapter 2 Wonders, there's no space for them, and the buildings that were available when those players were planning are now stagnating because the rune distribution system is random of all unlocked Wonders.

Retroactive runes from the dozens of provinces cleared between Chapters 2 and 6 would be a great way to start making things better, or providing some additional easy-to-get expansions, but it's highly unlikely these things will happen.

DeletedUser627

I played a second city - virtually no pay - as an experiment. I'm mostly through Dwarven and even without spending $ it was enjoyable.

Now I'm faced with a week of lost KP and - salt in the wound - no granite / copper production because my portal was nearly ready for a major upgrade. I can only earn one more expansion, which means there's virtually no way to grow through Fairy and make the upgrades. I'd have to cut back on manufacturing in order to upgrade, and for what? Just barely making it through the Research without real progress toward a strong productive city? All the work of checking in a couple of times a day for what? a couple of manufactories, too too many workshops, and eventually some mind-numbing tournament play?

Now that the Orc restriction is in place, the low-pay game is too small. You can't build a decent sized city, and there's still no active play. I'm shutting mine down. If low/no pay players haven't already made it to Orc, they should be clear about their expectations from the game. I don't think they'll ever be able to catch up to the current high level low payers.

DeletedUser2855

Katwijk when they will do more diamonds for same amount of money update like in beta,,,,,,,????

DeletedUser1208

They give us the Needles of the Tempest that is "Suppose to increase our troop training speed". WHY didn't you FIX this with this update??????? It's been over a month now since we have had it to training troops. With the tournaments going on we could use these "Extra troops" that we are losing because Inno hasn't fix this AW. But do they care NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

DeletedUser2855

They give us the Needles of the Tempest that is "Suppose to increase our troop training speed". WHY didn't you FIX this with this update??????? It's been over a month now since we have had it to training troops. With the tournaments going on we could use these "Extra troops" that we are losing because Inno hasn't fix this AW. But do they care NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
didnt know that so that wonder dont work lol good i didnt built it lol

DeletedUser

A player more of more than a year from my Winyandor fellowship is threatening to quit over update 1.11 . Exact quote:

"I've been playing this game for a long time now, and suddenly (today) the powers that be decided that the night farm I've been working towards is now shaded out and I've got to waste time and resources attaining something in a much earlier chapter that I don't want or need. Added to that, my rank has been plummeting despite constant work, so I'm considering resigning and finding a game that is actually fun rather than pointless hard work. The only thing I've enjoyed for the last few months [is] the people in the fellowships (nice meeting and conversing with faraway friends)."

This isn't just whining on the forum. It's where the rubber meets the road. Active players, paying players, long-term players are frustrated and leaving. She's the only player still around that I know from when I started the game 11 months ago, and one of the ones who encouraged me with neighborly help and invited me to my first fellowship. The only thing fun about the game shouldn't be the other players. Give us things to work toward. Encourage us to stick around and open our pocket books. Don't make us stay IN SPITE OF the game.

I've unlocked orc chapter scouts, and am going to stop for a bit and level up wonders, hoping that the next update brings some welcome changes to the recent issues. If this player leaves, I will probably leave myself. I can do social on other sites. My city will always be there (thanks to my level) if I ever decide to give Inno a chance again. But I'm tired of the constant PvE battle. It's a game, and if I'm not having fun, maybe it's time to take my toys and go home.

DeletedUser2855

A player more of more than a year from my Winyandor fellowship is threatening to quit over update 1.11 . Exact quote:

"I've been playing this game for a long time now, and suddenly (today) the powers that be decided that the night farm I've been working towards is now shaded out and I've got to waste time and resources attaining something in a much earlier chapter that I don't want or need. Added to that, my rank has been plummeting despite constant work, so I'm considering resigning and finding a game that is actually fun rather than pointless hard work. The only thing I've enjoyed for the last few months [is] the people in the fellowships (nice meeting and conversing with faraway friends)."

This isn't just whining on the forum. It's where the rubber meets the road. Active players, paying players, long-term players are frustrated and leaving. She's the only player still around that I know from when I started the game 11 months ago, and one of the ones who encouraged me with neighborly help and invited me to my first fellowship. The only thing fun about the game shouldn't be the other players. Give us things to work toward. Encourage us to stick around and open our pocket books. Don't make us stay IN SPITE OF the game.

I've unlocked orc chapter scouts, and am going to stop for a bit and level up wonders, hoping that the next update brings some welcome changes to the recent issues. If this player leaves, I will probably leave myself. I can do social on other sites. My city will always be there (thanks to my level) if I ever decide to give Inno a chance again. But I'm tired of the constant PvE battle. It's a game, and if I'm not having fun, maybe it's time to take my toys and go home.
yea lately talk is only we do in guild because progress became so slow lol and you can only talk to guild members lo there isn't even global chat lol

DeletedUser2334

Ancient Wonders are the best long-term investment in the game, as they provide PERMANENT buffs without additional Coins/Supplies/Goods every day. They are fancy Cultural Buildings.

What is your evidence for the best long-term investment? I've been playing for ~6 months or more (can't actually remember). I don't have a single wonder maxed out even after spending real cash to fill the rune circles, but the KP requirements are ridiculously time consuming (and I'm not spending over $50 on KP points to max level my wonders). I can't say that the bonuses provided by wonders have really given me any more playing advantage or enjoyment.

DeletedUser2334

Thank You! That would be the top and bottom mainly the way it looks...........

I can't speak for all but I will word my response like this.

We the coiners (in the top ranks) whom purchase the special packages like the $79.00 for 11,000 diamonds and 150 bonus KP's are the same who have already filled everything on the KP tree below. Good luck catching up with our ranks now! Sure having to produce Orc's is slowing us down a bit but at least we can scout and get province expansions. We can Build all the Orc buildings and move on to the requirements and finish off the KP tree. Not as fast as before but I doubt the next guess race will be out before were at the end building up supplies to max once again.

We the people in the middle with limited spending just got kicked in the stomach and have to wait on tourneys and the time clock. We can no longer move forward or even complete the things we started because we are now locked out. To make matters worse we no longer have the option to get KP from exploring provinces because we now by mandatory rule have to have orc's to negotiate. Fighting at our level is IMPOSSIBLE due to the large army's in each realm of a province vs the so called large army's produced even if you have already cleared squad size upgrade 24 which is the first in Orc's research. So we are complaining in droves. Some of us will stick with the game while others are leaving.

And of course

The new players just entering the game are in the best shape unless they read and are scared away from all of the game changes and by what is being posted in the forum. They don't know any better and are mainly in smaller by size and rank fellowships just learning.

Well said! I spend money on this game to help when I need it. Now I feel like Inno just said you MUST spend more money if you want to keep playing like you do.

DeletedUser2334

Ok, I skipped Squad Size Upgrade 24 to move ahead a little faster and get my farms going, knowing I'd have to go back maybe days or weeks later. I completed Section II months ago, and when I completed it, there were no ancient wonders to skip over. Your comparisons and comments are like comparing apples to oranges, and I don't think you truly understand why the rest of us are upset.