• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.11

DeletedUser

yep, clint eastwood said we live in a world of pussies, racism, or in this case the changes inno makes and that most people in this tread don't like, get over it :)

maybe you didn't read this?

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that come with the update to version 1.11.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

DeletedUser61

've theorized that they've decided to change the target demographic after initial release and evaluation
  • I'd suggest that Elvenar has ALWAYS been targeted for players who prefer Rose Gardens rather than Cornfield.
    Casual players, rather than Hair-On-Fire players
  • It's astonishing that folks somehow think that implementing obvious game elements is a "change."
  • It's far more likely that the developers had to plant the garden before they could smell the roses.
  • Ancient Wonders, Tournaments, and Special Events all have plenty of precedents in other InnoGames titles
  • Spells, and the Magic Academy, is a new wrinkle
  • Hotkeys are a new wrinkle, for InnoGames
The other side of the coin tells the same tale. Sometimes corrective actions are require to push the train back onto the tracks
  • Definable quests can still be flogged, but they're no longer a primary source of supplies.
  • You can no longer ignore the acquisition of Provinces, because of the Advanced Scouting chests.
  • You can no longer negotiate provinces that you couldn't possible acquire by fighting, due to the Orcs soft-cap.
I also have a few hobby-horses that I'm getting tired of riding. They're probably all in the master plan somewhere, but they've been a long time coming.
  • For Ancient Wonders we need a history tab, and a global list that can be filtered
  • For Ancient Wonders, we need a recap of our OWN contributions to pending and recently leveled AWs.
  • We need KP packages for various awards, including AW levels and Special Events, for tactical convenience and to avoid overrunning the KP bar.
  • We need an archive/retrieve/move capability for the main map
  • We need to be able to EASILY tell which Tournament sectors ALREADY have active participants, and better group incentives.
  • We need a LOT more support for fellowship cohesion. Simply importing the message system from FoE would be a huge improvement.
If the people who don't like the changes dislike them enough that they quit, where is the benefit in that?
The benefit is that the game is MORE playable, and more attractive to the targeted demographics.

To use an overly obvious example, if somebody were LOUDLY demanding that they should be able to attack and destroy other cities, because buffing is for wimps, should the game be modified to accommodate their preferences?

And don't get too excited about the "everybody in my Fellowship is unhappy" rhetoric.
  • If the fellowship has been selecting fast movers, they'll leave your fellowship too, as soon as they see some greener grass
  • Or they may rebel because they've been led into a dead-end
  • Or they may be moving to a lower pressure fellowship, and play a more relaxed game
  • Or they've burn out their credit card
  • Or they're flouncing around complaining about getting their hand caught in the cookie jar.
I've been tracking scores vs rank, and we've actually be doing rather well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

It's astonishing that folks somehow think that implementing obvious game elements is a "change."

No one needs to be snarky to players. That isn't ok.

If these wonders were worth something then maybe people would have wanted to research them. But the tome of secrets is really garbage. I am now being blocked from the runes I do want because I have to get these. It is slow and miserable enough as it with the wonders, this just makes things worse.

Not to mention, it would be simple courtesy if Inno would send an announcement around 2 weeks ahead of time telling people the tech tree will change with the next update and all wonders will become mandatory at that point. This way people wouldn't have a door SLAMMED in their face in the morning. They are quick to tell us when they want to sell us diamonds. Just TELLING people and giving them plenty of notice would go a long way towards customer service. That costs them nothing.

dikke ikke

I always read more negative comments on changes as positive comments. If people would look on the beta forum then they know what changes are coming. If inno make changes we adjust our strategy, or if the strategy we are following don't work for whatever reason we change it. When I started the game I wanted to stay at 170% culture and grow fast, later on I realized that is was hard to hang on to, so now I go for 100% culture and grow just enough to open the chests at every level so scouting don't become to expensive, and try to climb the ranks without using diamonds. None of the changes that were done the last 3 months had a negative effect on the strategy I am following now, neither do the ones of today, and if it turns out they do, then I adjust my strategy

DeletedUser1016

I don't want all the previous Ancient Wonders to become mandatory! I haven't finished unlocking the Golden Abyss yet, and being forced to unlock all the other wonders will make it drastically harder to get my last shard!
Agreed!!!!!!!! My first take was: This Sucks
I'd much rather have a higher probability of filling in the rune circles for the wonders I have, and unlock the other wonders at some point in the future. AFTER I have the ones already released!
People are already screaming mad about the orc requirement. This might push them over the edge. Please remove the need for those awful wonders. If we wanted them, we would have researched them.
I don't feel that the ancient wonders be mandatory to research, especially if we have no interest in building them and they consume unneccesary knowledge points that could be used elsewhere. This change is going to make a lot of people unhappy.
.....InnoGame DOESN'T CARE.......InnoGame DOES NOT LISTEN.....I'm not sure why they even allow us to comment on anything they do...InnoGame will do what ever they want no matter what is said here....

and I'm not going to waste space here, on addressing Katwijk's silly comments..... best just to ignore him, otherwise he'll continue.

DeletedUser1016

None of the changes that were done the last 3 months had a negative effect on the strategy I am following now, neither do the ones of today, and if it turns out they do, then I adjust my strategy
...Actually, I think this mind set is a very healthy approach to the on going changes in this game......I have a similar stance and just suck it up and move on...what else can we do - really.

However, I do agree with most everyone on this thread...if they insist on introducing such significant changes in the game, that some type of compensation.....or something, just anything to help out the long time players [especially paying players] would go a long way. Yet nothing is offered, but they want us to comment here....o_O

dikke ikke

for the 3 completed AW's I have I completed 9 always with shards, I have 1 now with 8 runes complete and the chance I complete all 9 with shards from other none complete AW's is 100%

DeletedUser2753

I have 1 now with 8 runes complete and the chance I complete all 9 with shards from other none complete AW's is 100%

Explain this please; How do you transfer shards from another AW?
The current thought is that only works if the other AW is just being created after getting the first KPs or at lvl 5, 10 or 15 and being upgraded with collected shards, then you can switch AWs and share the broken shards ribbon. I doubt this will last long before the next correction/fix/upgrade.

DeletedUser3575

One of the problems with relying on broken rune shards is that once you have completed all the other available Wonder rune rings, you have no way to break the additional runes you receive for those Wonders - for example, I currently have 6 Tome runes that I'd love to break and use towards the Abyss, but I can't because my Tome ring is complete and I cannot try to insert runes anymore. This is actually the ONLY positive I can see in making the other Wonders required research: I'll finally have some way of breaking runes I don't need again, to hopefully complete the Wonders I DO want but can't seem to get any runes for...

DeletedUser1036

The benefit is that the game is MORE playable, and more attractive to the targeted demographics

Thank You! That would be the top and bottom mainly the way it looks...........

I can't speak for all but I will word my response like this.

We the coiners (in the top ranks) whom purchase the special packages like the $79.00 for 11,000 diamonds and 150 bonus KP's are the same who have already filled everything on the KP tree below. Good luck catching up with our ranks now! Sure having to produce Orc's is slowing us down a bit but at least we can scout and get province expansions. We can Build all the Orc buildings and move on to the requirements and finish off the KP tree. Not as fast as before but I doubt the next guess race will be out before were at the end building up supplies to max once again.

We the people in the middle with limited spending just got kicked in the stomach and have to wait on tourneys and the time clock. We can no longer move forward or even complete the things we started because we are now locked out. To make matters worse we no longer have the option to get KP from exploring provinces because we now by mandatory rule have to have orc's to negotiate. Fighting at our level is IMPOSSIBLE due to the large army's in each realm of a province vs the so called large army's produced even if you have already cleared squad size upgrade 24 which is the first in Orc's research. So we are complaining in droves. Some of us will stick with the game while others are leaving.

And of course

The new players just entering the game are in the best shape unless they read and are scared away from all of the game changes and by what is being posted in the forum. They don't know any better and are mainly in smaller by size and rank fellowships just learning.

DeletedUser2753

The primary KPI is to increase revenue, quite simple. I have tracked 30 days or new joins and progress in one of 5 worlds and I will say Elvenar does not look healthy. With the whales maxed out with expansions and snails, Oh what to do? What to do?
How can we get people to buy diamonds? That is the primary demographic, Buyers. That is this games primary design rational now, increase income or your studio is toast. Add expansions, make them want to buy AWs, frustrate progress, provide relief.

We are the game and we are being gamed.

A Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets.​

DeletedUser

Just had a fairly recent player (probably less than 2 months), quit the game because of update 1.11. He did not want the AW's which are now mandatory. It's not just us long-timers. Retention in this game is horrible. It's SO hard to get anywhere unless you have established players in your FS, and it's so hard to keep established players when stuff like this happens!

After all the other times, Inno has pulled this, I had the early AW's researched but not unlocked so I could get rune shards I wanted up until the last minute.

I've said it over and over, and I've heard other people say it. Make us WANT to buy your things. Make us want to stay. Don't make us angry and then ignore it while the active players leave in droves. More carrot, less stick will get you a lot farther.

DeletedUser1036

I'm feeling the bottom line with all of this retro stuff they release were the real Beta, the supposed Beta is just to test for early bugs in programming.

I thought I was playing a real game tested and true then this happened...........

Does anyone else feel like this?