• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is gold spire the new 10 chest?

Iyapo1

If someone does the Spire to the top each week and does not have a library or libraries, the extra CCs from the Pilgrim's Manor will require boneyards to convert to spell fragments to make full use of them. In my experience climbing the Spire to the top in a bronze fellowship, I haven't gained enough spell fragments from Spire alone to use all the CCs gained in the Spire. Adding extra CCs will make the need for a library or a boneyard even more acute.

It does seem like it could be handy in events that want you to collect CCs.
I just thought autocorrect nailed you on convert. Replaced the wrong word.

Every player can have 1 moonstone set. 1 moonstone set will produce around 700 frags per day. So if a player does not have enough old event prizes and what not to frag, they can put up 1 moonstone set.

One set does not make a boneyard, but the boneyards usually over produce spell fragments anyway.

Gladiola

@Iyapo we are using the word boneyard differently from each other. I checked old forum posts and it seems it is used to describe library sets, although at least one post notes that its use is often followed by the phrase "what's a boneyard."

When I played in the distant past, the buildings in the MA inventory were referred to as a boneyard, being a source of spell fragments. Boneyard = dead buildings. That predates the library's introduction. My guess is that the term came to be applied to libraries as a source of spell fragments.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Boneyard is a military term for the huge fields of retired airplanes, or other military equipment, where it is all just sits there to rot, while maybe some parts are recycled to repair other planes. Some players started calling their inventory Boneyards because of all the useless buildings just sitting there, waiting to be recycled into spell fragments. Google images for "air force boneyard" and you will see what I mean. Boneyard has nothing to do with what is in your city, unless you decided to adopt the term for that instead.

Iyapo1

If you dont like having terms added to an existing FAQ then you should challenge them there, where new people who read the forum see them.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
My fellowship is Silver spire and 12 tourney chests each week. I've personally be climbing to the top of the spire since shortly after it debuted. Building up my fellowship to 10 tourney chests took the longest. It became a lot easier on the game change allowing 3 training buildings (Merc, Barracks and Training). But it was never easy to build up a fellowship from 6 to 8 and finally to 10 chests. The transition to 6 was probably the hardest, as it involved a merger and a personal commitment to moving from 2,000 tourney points/week to 5,000 and later to 7,000.

And yes, I had a lot of dedicated players come and go until we got to the 8 or 9 range. At that point, the good players could see that we would get there. I myself looked at moving from the fellowship I lead when I got to the 2nd to last chapter - I though it would never happen before I finished all chapters. I now see that I will never finish all chapters. Its funny, I needed a rule to require Tourney participation, for Spire, people just get it over time. We have 7 or 8 climbing to the top now and 10 chests every week to earn silver status. Gold Status is a ways off but it will happen. This week we will likely crack the top 50 scoring fellowships. Building a top fellowship is hard, and it should be. At this point, I very rarely have openings will virtually all daily players.

My point is that it is the journey that is memorable, not the achievement. Also anyone with enough time, game learning and perhaps a few $s can join a top fellowship, but building one is a far greater accomplishment IMO.

DeletedUser27062

Its funny, I needed a rule to require Tourney participation, for Spire, people just get it over time.
I see this a lot. A friend started a fellowship and wanted to avoid rules but eventually introduced one for tourneys. I think that without rules it's too easy for some to coat-tail tourneys rewards whereas the Spire rewards are matched to the individuals progress and maximised by the whole.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
A friend started a fellowship and wanted to avoid rules but eventually introduced one for tourneys
Yep, it is the only real rule in my fellowship - 800 tourney points per week. But I did have to add another one. The first version suggested that the player needed a track record of Tourney performance. A newbee, joined from Chapter 2 with 2600 points, I dropped them immediately as there no track record. The player became offended because they felt I should not drop them until after they got the free bonus goods from the Tourney. I added a second rule, minimum score of 5,000. No I don't believe a player with 5,000 points can get 800 tourney points, but at least the player has played more than a couple weeks. I also stopped taking players via open signups. I had a higher score requirement of 30,000 points but I lost out on a 24,000 score player easily had and did deliver 800 points in the tourney. Writing up good fellowship descriptions is an art not a science

Gladiola

@MichaelMichael I was getting 1000 plus points when my score was around 5000. My score is around 11000 now and I'm consistently over 2000 tourney points (and top of the Spire). Not saying you shouldn't have rules, but like that 24k player with 800 points, there might be some exceptions.

Edit: According to elvenstats, since I hit 5k score, I have scored at least 1620 points per tourney. I scored 810 points in my second week of play, when I had 1626 ranking points.

Last edited:

Gladiola

When I started in my fellowship they were just starting to sometimes get 10 chests. We've gotten 11 chests in each of the past 2 weeks, and it looks like a trend. I'm still working them up to getting to Silver in the Spire though. Mostly by announcing loudly in the chat whenever I win diamonds. It's not exactly subtle, but it's starting to work.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I'm still working them up to getting to Silver in the Spire though.
Talk about how utterly cute and adorable your Brown Bear is, especially when he is sparkling and giving out free troops. Or maybe, “OMG...I’m getting free frogs from Brown Bear! I can’t even make frogs until Chapter <too high to count>!!! And they are terrain-proof!!” Alternatively, keep it short with, “What troop problem?! I have an evolved Brown Bear thanks to the Spire!!! <laughs maniacally>”

Gladiola

@crackie that would work better if the Spire had given me even a single bear artifact thus far. With three bosses left on my second week of the Spire, still not even one. I do have a purple mystery chest waiting in the top room with a 30% chance, so here's hoping.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I haven't gotten one yet either in both cities, but Spire is giving me diamonds to craft them later!

Grid Gypsy

@crackie that would work better if the Spire had given me even a single bear artifact thus far. With three bosses left on my second week of the Spire, still not even one. I do have a purple mystery chest waiting in the top room with a 30% chance, so here's hoping.
I haven't gotten one yet either in both cities, but Spire is giving me diamonds to craft them later!

Welcome to my dry spell. I haven't gotten an evolve, or much of anything else other than a small amount of diamonds, some time instants and a couple of PPs, since the first week of the mermaid. I've decided that this is to make up for the fact that I managed to get a fully upgraded phoenix. lol