• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mischievous Therapy - Discussion

Henroo

Oh Wise One
A couple of things
  • Heavy range, not melee.
  • You can't make blossom mages in the Training Grounds, so they are irrelevant to what we make there.

• The heavy melee was a typo on my part. I have edited the original post to correct this.

As for the 2nd point, I would say it is only half true. You certainly can't make Blossoms in Training Grounds. However if a player is making lots of Blossoms in the Mercenary Camp and is planning to use them as their primary mage unit then it most certainly will have bearing on what units they train in other buildings. Players will tend to make the units they use the most. This will come down to individual preference and combat style.

Last edited:

StarLoad

Players will tend to make the units the use the most
Very true and if you are efficient at it you can make almost all that you will need. And with Evolving/Event/Wonders buildings you get a lot of free units that will free you up to make what you need. The combe of the two is why I have most all that I use above 999 Squads

Ed

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Very true and if you are efficient at it you can make almost all that you will need. And with Evolving/Event/Wonders buildings you get a lot of free units that will free you up to make what you need. The combe of the two is why I have most all that I use above 999 Squads
I don't have that many. My closest is 998 for Senior Orc Strategists. My goal is to have enough of the units I use that a careless blow-out in my last few provinces during a tournament push (so provs 40-50) costs me no more than 10% of my total of that type of troop. I occasionally fail.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Some of my friends are only up to Chapter 3 and my brother’s new city just reached Chapter 5. He’s very happy he can finally enter the Spire of Eternity which helps him complete some quests, but we’re all not thrilled about this event. It started out great but now the quests for coins, supplies and goods are getting too high. Too high for new players. To help keep my friends interested in playing Elvenar, I’ve suggested to skip the next few events until their cities are producing more resources.

Wish the game devs would lower the amount of resources asked for in quests for players that just started Elvenar. They want to join in but get so frustrated when they’re stuck for 2 days because they can’t complete a quest.

And why do we have so many repeatable quests? These Quests to produce supplies are too close to one another and makes it hard to generate supplies quick enough. Quests 44, 46, 48, 58, 60, 71 and 72.

If this was fixed, the events would be much more fun.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Even if you don’t get all the artifacts from event to evolve to 10, it is wise to do the event anyway to the best of your ability. You can prob win artifacts later in FAs, Spire, or craft in MA, but the event has many smaller prizes you can win like supply windfalls, coin rains, timers, better culture buildings, pet food, and other stuff from the Misty Forest. They can all be used or fragged to improve your city. Chances are, they will have no inventory to frag anything and therefore be stuck in MA unable to craft recipes otherwise too. If you are a small city, those smaller prizes are not small. I hate the look of Halloween buildings but beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to better yield than stuff from build menu.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I like that after getting the 9 artifacts needed to fully evolve the witch doctor it is possible to get a tome where we can choose between a second witch doctor base or a base for a witch summoning circle or witch hut. And after that the grand prizes contain tomes with an artifact for one of these 3 buildings.

However the silver and gold league prizes contain one or two artifacts for the witch doctor. But usually those who end up in silver or gold will have got the 9 artifacts to fully evolve the witch doctor already, so the artifacts from silver and gold are useful to evolve a second witch doctor. But that is not very useful if you have chosen a witch hut or witch summoning circle in the tome with bases. So I think it would have been nice if the silver and gold rewards contained a tome with artifacts instead of a witch doctor artifact?

Kadhrin

What the bleep. I thought you needed 5 glowy cats to reroll the daily exclusive, but today it's *10*. And it stopped counting cats at five!! I picked up cats #6-9, and the count stayed at 5. :-(

I have video of the count not changing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Kadhrin that is weird. I was just in the game a moment ago and it all worked normally for me. It shows needing five cats and when I got five, it rerolled correctly. Did you log out and back in to see if anything changed?

Kadhrin

@Kadhrin that is weird. I was just in the game a moment ago and it all worked normally for me. It shows needing five cats and when I got five, it rerolled correctly. Did you log out and back in to see if anything changed?
I just posted the bug in the bug forum, complete with link to video. (The video's a wee bit shaky, being recorded on a hand-held iPhone pointed at an iMac.)

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I didn't see you try actually clicking the reroll even though the counter is displaying incorrectly. Did you try and fail?
I noticed that the button was green so it should have worked.
I was unable to reproduce this error and there are no other mentions of it, I think is was a graphical bug and closing and restarting will fix the issue, but if it happens again please let me know.

Last edited:

Kadhrin

I didn't see you try actually clicking the reroll even though the counter is displaying incorrectly. Did you try and fail?
I noticed that the button was green so it should have worked.
I was unable to reproduce this error and there are no other mentions of it, I think is was a graphical bug and closing and restarting will fix the issue, but if it happens again please let me know.
Initially, yes, I tried clicking the reroll and it failed.
I was unable to test it on other worlds due to lack of lighting goods.
And now I'm similarly unable to re-test it on Felyndral.
For now, I'm gonna chalk this up to another instance of Bugs Come Out Of The Deep Recesses Of The Code To Introduce Themselves To Me.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Initially, yes, I tried clicking the reroll and it failed.
I was unable to test it on other worlds due to lack of lighting goods.
And now I'm similarly unable to re-test it on Felyndral.
For now, I'm gonna chalk this up to another instance of Bugs Come Out Of The Deep Recesses Of The Code To Introduce Themselves To Me.
Thanks for the update.

Tauriel Dragonwood

In this event, I don't know what I like most - the buildings I win that boosts my population or the storyline.
Betcha didn't know Mrs. Sniffles caught up with a friendly zombie and said.
"I wonder why they don't call you Sir Neckless? Your body keeps runnin' off somewhere."

"I like that name," replies Sir Necklace. "It's better than what they call Sir Nicholas.
You know... Nearly Headless Nick. From now on, I dub meself Sir Neckless."