• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mischievous Therapy - Discussion

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Whether or not it's a big deal, having them back-to-back or eveni n proximity, encourages a habit that can become a frustration for newer players.
Haha, yeah exactly. My new city started the event stuck on quest #1 - Give 4 Neighborly Help. No available neighbors to help until the 24hr cool off is done because the scouted range is so small. Guess I'm coming back later to start the event!

Huor

Just curious, has anyone seen any event currency in the fog? I've not seen any yet?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just curious, has anyone seen any event currency in the fog? I've not seen any yet?

The Halloween event does not give out currency as a prize. And neither does the format used in the Winter event. Only the events that use some variation of the three chest system have event currency as a prize.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Quests 30 and 31 and then you get to do it again in Quest 36, only 8 KP for that one. So in the space of about 4 hours, I'm supposed to buy 32 KP.
I agree with you. When quests are back to back and require a huge amount of resources, that makes me think that if you want to continue the event, buy diamonds. Not cool to do that to us. If the quests are generated by a computer using an algorithm, maybe that's why we get stuck on quests. A human needs to look over what the computer generated and change things around. I don't like technology for this reason. We still need a human touch.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Just read the News re the Witch Dr. “Help the Magical doll raise its helpful undead
friends, and have them roam spookily around to train Cerberus Units for your city.”

Does this mean we are going to have Zombies roaming around our city?. Euuu! LoL. Euuu!

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Yes I know, 1 word ommitted, but com'on.....
more than just me misread that the 1st time
they read your comment......
"I can confirm this fix is in." Do you have an issue with the sentence? It is grammatically correct. What did you think I said?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Instead of finding event currency in the fog, you find extra candles, lanterns, and flasks. But these are what you buy with the event currency, so it is pretty much the same thing. And when you look at how many event currency it takes to buy these I think you will realize it is a pretty good deal! It would require a boatload of free currency to purchase all the free tools you find.

Deleted User - 849411552

View attachment 13807

Why inno, why? - I noticed this switch last event and was hoping it was a one-off mistake. Many ppl have issues with doing world map encounters because the available number is so limited (without over scouting) and the events are so damn many. If i recall, that was the whole reason for adding the 'OR' to the quests. To give ppl an alternative if one is undoable. Now were back to world map encounters being the only choice again? Even worse, using the 'OR' and still making sure the players dont have an alternative... A true example of 'one step forward, two steps backwards'.

And to be clear, i am not at a point where this is a problem. Iv made sure for a long time never to scout or finish anything on the world map unless it was for a crappy event quest like this one. So i was glad when they added the 'OR' alternitives to all those world map style quests. And its horrible to see them coming back in a manner that you cant get around. - So while it might not be an issue for me jsut yet, i know it is for many players. And i find it even more irritating because this issue was taken care of for a while... and then knowingly and willing brought back??
Yes, like you I always have unfinished provinces in reserve. But it is irritating that after always giving us a province/tournament/spire alternative for a while, they have brought this province-only requirement back.

And that "OR" alternative in this case is annoying. To solve this quest in the most efficient way, you have to decide between "fight" and "negotiate" for all three encounters. If you use a combination of fight and negotiate you are wasting your resources because some of those encounters are effectively not going to count.

If Inno is not going to give a tournament/spire alternative, this quest should at least be written as "Fight and win &/or negotiate Encounters" as all one item.

Flashfyre

Anybody else find it insulting to give us a quest (#26, IIRC) that says, "Gain Spell Fragments" (qty. 600), and the Magic Library only dispenses 525 per day?!?! So, either wait 24hrs to complete the quest, or disenchant something now. And, it doesn't matter what chapter you're in, the Library gives the same amount of fragments regardless of level. Of course, this pre-supposes that one is not in the Spire for whatever reason.

C'mon, devs...either increase the Library's output, or lower the quest requirement (like, say, to 500 fragments). Those who have a Library get to complete that part of the quest with a 1-day pickup, those without can disenchant something (or somethings), and everyone can complain that quests like this shouldn't appear on days when the Spire isn't open for business!

Yogi Dave

Magic Library only dispenses 525 per day?!?!

What is the Magic Library? Is that the Moonstone library which produces 450 spell frags every 21h? If so, changing the quest to 500 doesn't help. Typically, I've collected goods so would have had to wait most of a day to finish the quest, except I have plenty to defrag.

If I didn't have things to defrag, I might find it frustrating, but not insulting.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Anybody else find it insulting to give us a quest (#26, IIRC) that says, "Gain Spell Fragments" (qty. 600), and the Magic Library only dispenses 525 per day?!?!
That’s assuming one has a Moonstone Library. My new city is too young to have an inventory. I have had to frag enchantments, AWPs, time instants, and *gasp* even troop instants. <lowers voice> Pet food is next.

Flashfyre

What is the Magic Library? Is that the Moonstone library which produces 450 spell frags every 21h? If so, changing the quest to 500 doesn't help. Typically, I've collected goods so would have had to wait most of a day to finish the quest, except I have plenty to defrag.

If I didn't have things to defrag, I might find it frustrating, but not insulting.
Yes, the Moonstone set. To explain: the Library itself gives 450, the Endless Scroll gives 75. That's 525 as a set, which most people who have a Library have. So setting the quest requirement at 500 would give those who have been lucky enough (or who spent diamonds) to gain a complete set a reward for doing so, instead of making it just that much more difficult to complete on a non-Spire day.

Anyone who's going to have to disenchant stuff is not going to affected by a change in the requirement, as they'll already (probably) be disenchanting stuff for many hundreds, if not thousands, of fragments.

Yogi Dave

Thanks. I was wondering where the other 75 came from. I've been around since March of '17 so have lots of everything such as multiple Moonstone Sets from when they were in the spire. Therefore, my experience isn't valid. I'd have to go back to the summer of '17 event, the March of the Herds which was very unfair to us younglings. It's the only event I couldn't complete and many, many others had the same problem since it required donations of copious amounts of goods, some we couldn't even produce or just barely had gotten to the point of producing them. It was very, very frustrating.