• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Warning regarding new battle system

Heimdahl

This game was more about building your city than doing battles. Battles are an intricate part of the game in allowing you to take provinces and therefore gain the needed space for your city growth. Tournaments were a way of doing battle for extra relics and to compete against fellow players. Under the old system it was fun. Trying to grow to fast got hampered by the sheer size of the opponents you faced, this tended to bug me but I knew it was to limit me till my technologies caught up. I'm no new player. I have around 230 provinces and am in the orc/goblin level.
The new battle system is just plain disgusting. It's like how it was when I first started fighting provinces that were too far out and I had no clue how to fight them. The tournaments were fun, 5 against 5. Used to take me about 2 hours to do 5 to 6 tournaments, last night over 2 hours just to do 2. Not fun anymore
They have totally ruined this aspect of the game. I joined Elvenar because I'm not much into the fighting part, to me it should only be a minor side issue as it was previously, it has now become a major hurdle and I just don't have the kind of time required to spend to relearn how to fight.
Unless this changes to a more reasonable battle platform I guess I will need to find another game to play,

DeletedUser1108

The game is free, if you can get paint cheaper than free, pick me up some in pink :)
You know as well as anyone Kayleegrrl that this game only pretends to be free - every single change Inno makes has ONE goal in mind - force people to spend real money or quit! And they don't even want the people who spend hundreds anymore...they want the folks who are silly enough to invest over $1,000 on snails and expansions!

DeletedUser4479

Wow, this is really disappointing, had to surrender in the 1st 3 battles because I was losing so bad. I do have two squad size upgrades I have to go back and finish on the tree now but doubt that'll make much of a difference. Might be looking for a new game to play.
I went back and did one of the squad upgrade. Didn't make a difference. The second one isn't likely to either. They didn't just decrease your squad size, they increased your enemies by almost 100% AND made them stronger! The game is not balanced anymore.

Some of the other threads say if you're scouting more than a day, you're too far out and the battles weren't supposed to be winnable. I'm no where near that far out. The comment then, is I'm not advanced enough. That's bull. So there are a group of players out there that are not too advanced and not too new and they can win the battles? I'm not buying it.

DeletedUser3297

Still winning, and that was on autofight :)

pT726Ba.png

DeletedUser1766

I agree that the new battle system is not good. I used to be able to win fights even into the 11th ring. Now they have made some strange changes. Making treants against heavy ranged is useless. They take too long to get to the enemy and get slaughtered before they can land a single stroke. They are good against melee. My gollums used to fight their way through encounters back by mages and now they all get murdered. I have given up trying to fight and have settled for buying all my encounters. I was proud of the fact that I could still fight some battles even though I was heavily outnumbered but I am surrendering any attempt to make this new system work. I am lucky that I am in the orc chapter and so have orcs to buy my provinces. I need to provinces to expand my city. I could buy them but I simply do not have lots of money to spend on games. I thought it was a good battle system but I cannot understand why you weakened it. Very frustrated.

DeletedUser1766

I went back and did one of the squad upgrade. Didn't make a difference. The second one isn't likely to either. They didn't just decrease your squad size, they increased your enemies by almost 100% AND made them stronger! The game is not balanced anymore.

Some of the other threads say if you're scouting more than a day, you're too far out and the battles weren't supposed to be winnable. I'm no where near that far out. The comment then, is I'm not advanced enough. That's bull. So there are a group of players out there that are not too advanced and not too new and they can win the battles? I'm not buying it.

Well my scouts are well over a day out, more like almost 2 and I was fighting and winning until the changes. Now I am losing. Perhaps I just need to work out a new troop mix but the squad sizes are really huge.

DeletedUser3297

Bragging about tournaments shows how good a fighter you are :(

Show us an autofight outside the tournament please.

That is something I cannot do. When I had notice that the battle update was coming, I finished all but a couple of provinces in each world. That way I could use the still unlocked provinces to learn the battle system. I have since fought my way through all of those provinces under the new battle system, yes I suffered much greater losses than I did in the past, but I still won. No, I will not scout anymore to see if I will keep winning, I know because of how many I have complete, my chances of winning any future battles is greatly decreased until I unlock my next advance scout. Then I'll have 30 more provinces that I can unlock and fight through. Until then, I will keep using tournaments as a super easy way to get cheap KP so I can keep advancing :)

DeletedUser3297

202 squad size. 101 provinces. Or maybe its 212 squad, somewhere in the low 200's. Thr largest squads I encountered were in the 315 range, still beatable, but at a loss of over 4 squads an encounter.

DeletedUser4111

My Take on all of this. First, let me preface with my level of experience. Not bragging, just setting the tone for an even field.
I am in 1 world only, (W). Started in February of 2016. Archmage of Havoc. Started same as everyone else and worked my way up. We now have an excellent fellowship of 25 active players and are ranked 65th on the list.

On Monday of this week I saw the Best upgrade ever - the move to center. I, and most of our fellowship, had been in a virtual desert of gold mines and dead players. After the 'Move to center' it was a whole new game! It's hard to keep the coins and supply's in check except for buying KP.

Then, on Wednesday, the 1.15 version took effect. The battle field changed drastically. I was a good fighter but now my best squad is a Priest?

I do not agree with this decision.

That is all, carry on.

Tuxx in W

Crucible

I have dcided to take a wait and see approach. The Treants used to shred the opposing Orc units in 2 to 3 rounds. Now the opposing forces are mixed units and they suddenly have damage bonus abilities that they didn't before. Provinces conquered 202. Squad size 18. 86 Treants took a swipe at an Orc unit and caused 90 causulties. I remember 19 Treants causing 269 casualties on an Orc force. CAN YOU SAY NERF BAR?

Forces encountered; try 1500 crossbow

About that Mercenary Camp? Can you say fail? Drone riders? Don't promise what you can't back up! You know what? My patience, tolerance and faith are exhausted. A meassage to the German management -Danken Sie scheißen Kopf. Sie sind ein geistiger Zwerg.

DeletedUser3040

I got into some poison oak and don't really have the patience to fight right now, so I'm just building up enough of each type so I can test it once the swelling making me look like Quasimodo goes away. If the battle redesign is as bad as they say, I wanna test it when I'm happy and see how it alters my mood.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
202 squad size. 101 provinces. Or maybe its 212 squad, somewhere in the low 200's. Thr largest squads I encountered were in the 315 range, still beatable, but at a loss of over 4 squads an encounter.

So that puts you towards the end of chapter 4 where you should only have 70 cleared, and you cleared 100... not bad at all

I came into the update with less than 3 stacks of each, so I'm still waiting to try on my human account, hope it is reasonable.

DeletedUser

Man, I just read the first page of this thread & don't know if I want to read the rest since I'm pretty sure it says everything I think & more - too depressing! I was one who experienced Orc Negotiation Costs while still in Dwarves because I had somehow scouted out "too far". I won't go into that whole mess again, but now I'm mid-way through Fairies, still can't pay Orc costs so I have to fight, my scouts take around that 1day/18 hour mark, and I've read tons on new fighting strategies & am following tips but my troops are just totally outnumbered & I'm not winning anything. I would definitely have rated myself a solid "better than average" fighter before, but not now at all.

I consider myself an advanced player & am in a Top 20 FS on Winyandor. Top 2 players in FS have quit & liquified their supplies. Major bummer & no idea if our FS will last. Been playing this game at least a year & have purchased diamonds previously to upgrade my builder & grab a couple expansions. Clearly I'm not a good enough paying customer though.

Heimdahl

You know as well as anyone Kayleegrrl that this game only pretends to be free - every single change Inno makes has ONE goal in mind - force people to spend real money or quit! And they don't even want the people who spend hundreds anymore...they want the folks who are silly enough to invest over $1,000 on snails and expansions!
I totally agree with what you say but if you are a smart business man you know that sucking 1000 people into spending $100 makes more sense than getting 20 people to spend $1000. The more difficult they make a game the less willing the majority are to spend money because the smart people see what a waste it is when the odds of winning or growing can only be done by spending more money.
I'm still able to win battles in the tournaments but after a couple of attempts outside of the tournament I've decided the only way to take a province will be to pay the negotiating costs. I was going to buy some diamonds but held off, now I won't spend one cent on any of their games. I really detest greedy people and that is the impression they have left me with. I know they need to make money but they already had a high dropout rate before and with these new battle scenarios I can't see them getting too many new players who will stay once they've tried to do battle.
It is a real pity, it was a decent game until they did their so called improvement to the game.

DeletedUser4372

So with the complaints of the new battle system, is it worth playing this game? I am relatively new, still in level 4 of the research area so I am relatively new. The battle system is already difficult as I am hitting provinces with units I can not counter yet so it looks like this is another game to archive and forget. Comments?

i am also newer, just paid $70 to get ahead in a game that after finally getting one of the troop levels back, now understand they took 2, TWO levels back from what i paid for.. i have been gaming since pong and have NEVER seen a game do this. none of them would dare. What really surprises me is how so many are commenting as if it was just nothing? Can these gamers really be so Sheople that they do not mind being robbed? or are they narcissistic and just do not care that many lower levels have been robbed? I am making my timers much longer, and just paid for a new month on my other game.. since like a normal person, one that is not happy with being ripped off and one that is very put off by such flippant and non-caring responses from the community itself.. (except for a couple of us that actually have basically told the simple truth, just to have some pretend we are mistaken or just do not understand) we get robbed then we get insulted.. yes, i'm looking like i am on the way out. i sure will not pull out my wallet again. Rewarding this action of the games owners will only make this game get worse.. lets be real, they will kick my account in only 30 days afk.. they really do not give a darn about us at all... good bye to all those that actually have a brain to think with and you corporate sheople that can only pray to the corporate God... good riddance.

DeletedUser3613

... just paid $70 to get ahead in a game that after finally getting one of the troop levels back, now understand they took 2, TWO levels back from what i paid for..
My understanding is that you had previously completed one or two technologies - Squad Size Upgrades I believe - using diamonds, and that those specific technologies are now showing as not having been completed, ie. they actually require you to put KPs (or diamonds) into them to research them again, as opposed to be simply being (temporarily) greyed out.

May I ask - without being railed at - whether you have submitted a call to Support? (I don't want details, it's not allowed, just a Yes/No.)

Because what responders have been saying is correct : no-one should have been placed in situation where they have to re-research a specific technology that they had previously completed (no matter how they completed it).
Since it appears that you - and others that you know of? - are being made to re-research specific technologies, then a couple of screenshots of your tech. tree - indicating which specific technology(ies) you had previously completed (and are now incomplete), and showing your most advanced point of research - is all that is needed to prove your point. Support can then check and verify from the game logs, and I'm sure you would find that they would take steps to correct it, and hopefully try ensure that it didn't happen again! But they need your input, and pictures speak louder than words (so they say ... and I agree).

Please note that it's the specific technology(ies) - by title - that are important, not the effect that they had/now have, nor whereabouts in the tree they were/are now. With Squad Size Upgrades, the effect of any specific technology will have changed, but that doesn't (shouldn't!) alter the researched/not researched state of the tech. for you. Also, because of dependencies, re-positioning certain technologies (non-completed ones) within your tree may well set subsequent (completed) technologies temporarily inactive (greyed out), but again that doesn't (shouldn't!) alter the researched/not researched state of any technology.

[I'm using "researched" and "completed" synonymously]