• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Warning regarding new battle system

DeletedUser4531

I am pretty much completely frozen out of all provinces now. Haven't been able to negotiate provinces since I hit the Orc requirement while still in the Dwarves chapter, and now I'm part way through Fairies & still don't have Orcs yet. So, I can't negotiate any province. I have tried fighting in EVERY SINGLE province I currently have open, and I chose the fight with the least amount of opponents, yet I *cannot* win. I end up surrendering every time to minimize my losses.

In the "easiest" of battles that are open to me, I cannot win. I belong to multiple Elvenar FB groups & have implemented those tips. I have watched examples of battles, I have followed flow charts, I have read this forum, I have asked my FS members for advice, I have used arithmetic to figure out what my odds are of winning against enemy troops, and I have even just tried dumb luck. However, NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have not won any fight since this "battle upgrade" has happened. I cannot negotiate provinces because a previous "upgrade" ;) locked me out since I'm not in the Orc chapter, and now this latest "upgrade" has taken my ability to fight as well.

Can't negotiate in provinces. Can't fight in provinces. Can't complete ANY provinces at all, at least until I can breed Orcs for negotiating purposes, and guess what? I need 1174 more KP until I complete the Orc Breeding Grounds.

One thousand, one hundred & seventy-four KP until I can win ANY province.

Yes, I do know that there are a couple of Squad Size Upgrades available to me between now & the Orc Breeding Grounds, but I'm also reading replies from other players all over the place that tell me I shouldn't hold my breath on those, because others already have them complete and are struggling still anyway. So, yes, I'm kind of discounting the so-called 'boost' they are going to give me.

As we all know (or should know, if you play this game), if you can't complete provinces, you miss out on both KP *and* relics, not to mention Runes. Relics affect your ability to make spells, which affect how much goods & supplies you can earn. If you don't have the relics, you can't create the spell. Missing out on KP affects your ability to go through the Research Tree, upgrade your AWs or apply "extra" KP to someone else's AW. It also affects your team-playing in your FS if you have an AW KP exchange. Not earning Runes as you complete full provinces affects what you can & cannot build, which affects what's happening in your city.

I did just get moved over to an area with a lot more neighbors, which absolutely is something to be glad about. But, when I cannot complete provinces, I cannot open adjoining provinces that let me reach new neighbors to trade with & visit with.

I cannot complete any provinces, so I cannot earn expansions. Certainly that affects game play. Between now & when I earn the Orc Breeding Grounds, I have 2 Expansions that I can earn in the Research Tree. I could buy 17 more before the current space in my City would be completely open to me. I have purchased diamonds in the past & would have done so in the future, but I'm taking part in the refusal to spend one more dime on this game as protest to these awful changes.

The only reason I'm still around at this point is because I like the people I play with, even though I'm watching a lot of them wave goodbye themselves. This is so disappointing.

Terrible...and I too am only staying on because of the people. I'm about to pass out my email address and say, 'goodbye' to the game.

DeletedUser2753

First: let me say one thing. I am not a new player and I am now supporting a Boycott with the following statement in my 2 fellowship descriptions: "We are protesting the way InnoGames is developing this game and promoting a boycott of all Diamond Purchases by users until innoGames listens and responds positively to users concerns. Join Us !". I am observing the Boycott myself, even as they offer new 20%+ deals.

Second: I have in the past bought many expansions, but tried to stay in a budget of less the $10.00 / month, closer to $4.99. In 14 months I have spent approx $90 US. I felt this was acceptable to keep the challenges of the free game and still relieve the frustration of expansions, which is core to InnoGames strategy to create revenue. I now believe they have gone to far and this is destroying this game.

DeletedUser3220

I am getting there Bobbykitty....I thought this new battle release was mostly about revamping the fighting aspect of the game, but it really is much more far reaching then that. I can't build troops overnight anymore. Before the latest release, I had too many armories and I was building 16hrs without babysitting so I demolished all my armories except 2 and upgraded by Dwarven Bulwark and could still build troops none stop for about 10hrs.... Now after the release I need more armories again. So now I'm scrambling to build 10 armories so that I can finally upgrade a couple more to max and build overnight....I've got my troops from a 5hr time frame to now a 6 1/2 hr time frame.....better, but I still am upgrading my armories so I'm hoping to get an 8hr maximum build time.

Now I am running out of Supplies!!!! Is this what's happening to everyone? If I increase the number of armories to 4 or 5, then do I have to increase my Workshops too????? What do you need to be able to build troops overnight, say 8hrs? 5 armories and perhaps 15 workshops? Yikes!

And once stage 2 and 3 are released we need more space to finally build the Merc-camp and the other new buildings for dogs/cannoneers? This is becoming ridiculous at such a late stage of the game for me. I don't purchase diamonds and it looks like the only way to accommodate all these revisions to the game is to expand...but how if they don't provide expansions, or ways to get them? [free that is]...:mad:

Not being able to build troops overnight might just be the deal breaker for me. That probably sounds petty, but after all this time playing and working to get everything operating to it's highest efficiency and optimum potential, and then to make that impossible is just incredibly frustrating.
I didn't mind purchasing some diamonds once in awhile but this is ridiculous. I could never afford to purchase as many as it would take to advance now. Now, I don't even think about it. I'll just use the game to get on and talk to my friends before I purchase any. They messed this world up, not me! I'll look for another game to put my money into first. I'm with you on the space thing too. They try to make us think these new buildings are what we need but take the ability to get the space to build more. I was going to buy more space until they took the fighting away from us. Now there is no use in it.

You should see the new chapter. OMG. They have a new culture building in the wood elf chapter.....10,100 culture for 3500 diamonds. If we thought snails were the game changer......

I don't care if a company makes money, but they constantly orc dung all over everyone who gives them money. If you paid for faster scouts or any number of other things, now you are punished for it. Don't worry...whatever they sell the diamond players today will be obsolete by tomorrow. They can never demand enough money from people. Pay up MORE or lose all your progress...and pay up more still if you want to stay on top....and then....well....after we chastise you for progressing too fast, we will then sell you something else that will be worthless in about an hour.

I don't like the way they treat people around here. They aren't getting any money from me.
Nor any recommendations from me anymore until they make this right again!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3220

I didn't mind purchasing some diamonds once in awhile but this is ridiculous. I could never afford to purchase as many as it would take to advance now. Now, I don't even think about it. I'll just use the game to get on and talk to my friends before I purchase any. They messed this world up, not me! I'll look for another game to put my money into first. I'm with you on the space thing too. They try to make us think these new buildings are what we need but take the ability to get the space to build more. I was going to buy more space until they took the fighting away from us. Now there is no use in it.

Nor any recommendations from me anymore until they make this right again!
Well said! My hats of to you!