• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Fellowship Adventures - 2023

Dew Spinner

You mm all 40 of them twice a day for the whole fa? Or until you have enough braclets.. but still, thats a lot of MM spells.

I used the storm phoniex for the first time this FA. I had enough artifacts to make a second original phoenix. Id love to keep her around permanently, but that 3.5 feeding effect sucks... Makes me even more gratefull for my fire phonexies effect and 24h time.
Yeah, a lot of these FA play styles are totally unsustainable.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Yeah, a lot of these FA play styles are totally unsustainable.
i just added this edit to my last post before seeing this one. But yea.. I have around 1400 mm spells, but thats because i only rly use them for some event quests, and FA's. Other then that i really havnt bothered. But im only chapter 9. But im always looking for sustainable plans.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
From that standpoint, any fully developed city with tons of resources and say 5 or more Moonstone Libraries or 3 Pilgrims Manor sets have an unfair advantage over cities in Ch 8 in the production of CC spells and T1 Goods for bracelets too. Other things I am sure

Ed

Moonstone Library set, and most other event buildings, are useless for bracelet making because they do not produce tier 1 goods, so try again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Maybe reading a bit closer, I specifically stated Moonstone and CC spells and Pilgrims for T1 Goods.

And this discussion was just about the bracelets, so maybe you read more closely and stop being [MOD EDIT] Removed insult the you have been for several years now. Or do you just like being a [MOD EDIT ] Removed insult

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLoad

And this discussion was just about the bracelets, so maybe you read more closely and stop being the **** you have been for several years now. Or do you just like being a forum bully?
Well Pardon Me, I thought this was the Fellowship Discussion and not the bracelets discussion, My bad. But insulting me is fine I just pointed out a contrary view of how you see the small cities having an unfair advantage

free-spirit

You mm all 40 of them twice a day for the whole fa? Or until you have enough braclets.. but still, thats a lot of MM spells. How do you keep up with that mount form one fa to another? (I may have around 1400 mm spells, buts that mainly because i mainly only use them for quests or fa's).

I used the storm phoniex for the first time this FA. I had enough artifacts to make a second original phoenix. Id love to keep her around permanently, but that 3.5 feeding effect sucks... Makes me even more gratefull for my fire phonexies effect and 24h time.
No, I MM the first morning, and then for a few days. After that, I didn't really need to. I had an overabundance.

The idea isn't to be sustainable. It was specifically for the FA for a CH3 city. You wanted to know how it could be done. It's not even a fully grown CH3 city. My goods boost is barely 400%

StarLoad

Should a fully developed city not have an advantage?
It feels odd to me to expect a city created a month ago to have all of the same abilities as one that has worked at progressing for years.
Exactly my point, but others feel that baby cities are using that unfair advantage. Of course, every city at every stage can have advantages over others, that is the nature of the game.

Ed

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Exactly my point, but others feel that baby cities are using that unfair advantage. Of course, every city at every stage can have advantages over others, that is the nature of the game.

Ed
I believe you may have misread me

To be clear:
  • I believe cities that progress should have the advantage over cities that are new.
  • It should of course be a slight advantage so as to not exclude smaller growing cities.
  • The opposite(current) situation where creating a baby city whose sole purpose is to carry the "real" cities is undesirable IMO.
  • Distinguishing "real" cities from what are effectively push accounts isn't a simple task.
  • Likewise, there's an argument to be made for niche playstyles like Dom & Brin who are (presumably) having fun staying in the same chapter for years- ideally, they should be able to participate meaningfully without balance disruption.

StarLoad

I believe you may have misread me

To be clear:
  • I believe cities that progress should have the advantage over cities that are new.
  • It should of course be a slight advantage so as to not exclude smaller growing cities.
  • The opposite(current) situation where creating a baby city whose sole purpose is to carry the "real" cities is undesirable IMO.
  • Distinguishing "real" cities from what are effectively push accounts isn't a simple task.
  • Likewise, there's an argument to be made for niche playstyles like Dom & Brin who are (presumably) having fun staying in the same chapter for years- ideally, they should be able to participate meaningfully without balance disruption.
No Soggy, I agreed with you; there was another post that was complaining about the unfairness like Dom and Brin have and I commented that others more advanced cities get other advantages.

Ed

BrinDarby

Yay, cities intentionally stalled in the low chapters to give fellowships an unfair advantage over fellowships

Moonstone Library set, and most other event buildings, are useless for bracelet making because they do not produce tier 1 goods

Envenar , Inno changed the Moonestone sets....
hate to burst ur bubble...... @ CH3 , moonestone library gives T1
Not to mention most "evolves" also give T1.

Older CH players already have a huge advantage, so when
a smaller city finds 1.... of course those ppl don't want to give
up thier advantages.........

if 520 per bracelet is too low, then why in hell did Inno Lower it ????

ohh and :
redpanda master 640 t1
Forbidden ruins 960+240+384 t1
Sorcerer's Feast 420+210+420 t1
Pilgrims Woodworks 640+640+640 t1
Pilgrims Woodworks 640+640+640 t1
Pilgrims Forge 520+520+520 t1
Pilgrims stone mason 640+640+640 t1
Pilgrims Manor 420+420 t1
Moonestone Library 520 t1
Boblins express service +1136 t1
Everblossom Sleigh +848+954 t1

so I'm sorry but "most" of my buildings give T1.......

@Dominionofgod , if that link failed, just load my Harandar
city from elvenstats, its the same thing...........

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@ed1960
Your position =/= my position.

@Enevhar Aldarion doesn't like baby push cities having the ability to greatly affect the FA outcome, specifically with regard to bracelet production​
@ed1960 points out that bigger, older, more advanced cities have other advantages.​
@SoggyShorts does not think your point negates or addresses his point sufficiently.​

In fact, I believe that baby push cities should not have any advantage over other cities which means that I believe the path to reach any advantage for any city should always be that of progression.

For a comparison we can both relate to: this is consistent with those who railed against the fact that the tournament formula favored those who park in chapter 16 over those who advance.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Seriously? ….. I guess I am done with this forum.
I reported your previous post, Enevhar, because it clearly violates Forum Rule 2, which asks users to “treat others respectfully” and “remain polite”. If you must swear at someone for that, I’m the appropriate target, not the mod who did their job.

I usually enjoy reading your posts and would be happy if you decided to stick around. :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Likewise, there's an argument to be made for niche playstyles like Dom & Brin who are (presumably) having fun staying in the same chapter for years- ideally, they should be able to participate meaningfully without balance disruption.
i dont know about 'having fun staying put'... but it seemed the most logical thing to do; tho time consuming. I do look forward to being able to get back to it one day tho. - On the other hand, all that extra time yields great benefits. Im a tourney built city. And that time let me get a lot kp into my AW's. got a lvl 30 GA and MH population, lvl 30 needles and MM for military. Working on ruins and watchtower for culture. And all those extra numbers really add up. It also lets me make a much stronger military then you would expect for someone at my chapter. I may be no where near the biggest or furthest city in my fs, but im pulling usually somewhere around 3k tourney points and a full spire run every single week. And all those resources go into to making a fully sustainable and replenishable military.. a nice big circle now where my military pays for itself and i get a bunch of extra rewards. And i get to make a great contribution to the FS. And all that spire and exp buildings, tho it took a long time, let me get a number of premium expansions.
So i cant really complain much. :)

That may have had nothing to do with the point you were making... but its 2am...

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As Crackie said, even a CH5 player just focusing on bracelets
can do some serious dmg, making them.
My bracelet city is in chapter 5. It's definitely harder than being a chapter 4 bracelet city.

I'm not a permie bracelet city though. My city isn't parked. I happen to only be in chap 5 and the smallest city in the FS in this particular case because *gasp* they actually think I know the game well enough to play with the big boys and girls despite starting a brand new city! Oh my, who would do such a thing as mingle with small cities!? Not a plausible scenario at all. Well, only @samidodamage has thought of it apparently. Considering all the odder things I have committed to on the forum, I don’t think asking me to be the bracelet city for the FS is a big ask, or that they even had to ask me at all.

Disclaimer: @free-spirit’s bracelet city is in my new FS. Half of my FS hasn’t reached settlement chapters yet. I have recruited them all for the sole purpose of making bracelets because if one of them can have over 200 leftover bracelet badges, imagine how good we’d be at FA if we can have like ten more players with hundreds of excess bracelet badges! Muahahahaha! Please disregard my previous mentions in the forum regarding my advocacy for recruiting and working with smaller cities because I lied and they are really for bracelet making.

P.S. We are also running a marble laundering business and it has nothing to do with the fact that the person in charge of recruiting only recruited one marble player during our first month of existence. We should really fire her.

It should of course be a slight advantage so as to not exclude smaller growing cities.
I haven’t seen this one discussed as much on the forums, but FA is now locked behind a tech in chap 2. That same tech tree does not (1) Allow them to craft CCs until chapter 3, (2) allow them tourney access until Chap 4, and (3) Spire access until Chap 5. That means for some in the FS, even if they are able to participate in FA, they have no ability to make Ghost or Druid badges at all. Without Tourney, you never really have enough relics to craft enchantments, let alone any spell frags, esp during dead periods between events like during a FA to win junk to defrag. That means likely nothing to contribute in the Arcane Residue department either. They can get Marble badges clearing provinces and rare chance they have ability to craft something in MA, but neither are really sustainable options to the new player. You know what badge I actually ran out of because I’m hanging out with a bunch of little cities? Guard badges. Yes, I said Guard badges, the one everyone takes for granted. They struggle to make those too.

So I would say they’ve definitely made it highly disadvantaged to be a smaller cities in FAs now, more so than before. It definitely feels like they have gone out of the way to make FA a miserable experience for new players.

BrinDarby

There's "farms" and "alts", and Inno refuses to enforce
the 1 acct per city rule, and specifically the 2 accts in
same FS, which is ripe with misuse ....

Then we have ppl "parked" in all sorts of Chapters
for various reasons. Add to that "strategies" that
are targeted to address specific roadblocks.

@crackie correctly pointed out early CH players
have a harder time than they did, but NOTHING can
stop a city from specializing in 1 badge, and no
changes to the req's for badges will chg that.

I did not create my 2 ch3 cities for FAs, they were
created trying to fix a browser problem, and I just
kept them, since they violate No rules.

My CH6 and CH5 cities are NOT "parked"......
Just because 3 of my 4 cities have P.Manor + 1 xtra
P.Woodworks... does Not mean they were specifically
set up for FAs, infact the opposite , they are playable
cities(2 ch3) that Don't tear down or create shanties for FAs.
They play FAs with what they already got, which is
the spirit of the game, not 400bldg shanty towns.....

[MOD EDIT] Removed Text

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

Now speaking of Alts, Farms, and strategies ........
Along with the accusations of FSs bringing in
"ringers" for the FA only, Seems the spirit of the game
is being assaulted form many angles simultaniously.