• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.16

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Well, dang. I'll be jiggered, again.

It's really amazing what information you can 'accidentally pick up on' from these threads.

They should allow us to replace those log in pop-ups with useful tid-bits like these.
2qlstba.png

DeletedUser43

Heimdahl, I saw this in your comment:
Unfortunately I am a little short of space and therefore have not yet built the rally point so I can't build orcs. No orcs no negotiating or completing tech as they require the rally point.

You don't get orcs from rally points. You get them from upgrading armories. Rally points are for other stuff. Granted, you still need lots of room to upgrade your armories. No question there, and you need more pop and more culture in order to upgrade them too and that also takes a lot of space. They are crushing you in a catch 22. I just wanted to make sure you knew that little part about where orcs come from. :)

Heimdahl

Thanks, for some reason I thought I needed a rally point as a place to gather orcs. I have one barrack that I can upgrade to build orcs. Didn't want to upgrade till I had the rally point.

DeletedUser43

Upgrading the barracks won't help you. You need to upgrade the armories. And beware, it takes a lot of supplies to produce orcs. Lots. So you need more workshops. Ugh. Or just build a bunch of level 1 workshops and set them for 3 hour periods so you can do that one quest that gives you a bonus of supplies (if you have that same quest at your level).

WolfSinger

Some interesting information.

It appears they will be dropping the number of premium expansions available to buy from 33 to 23 (and raising the diamond cost as well - almost 4 times the current cost from what I saw in the wiki - for me currently my 21st premium would be 2000 diamonds - it's going up to 7500 diamonds)

Just did some calculations.

With the wood elves chapter - there are a total of 110 available expansion slots on the city map. (currently an 11 x 10 grid)

So here's the break down

You start with 6 spots when you begin the game
There are a total of 38 expansions available in the tech tree
If you are at the so-called province limit of 190 to open the Wood Elves chapter - you have gained another 31 expansions

6 + 38 + 31 = 75 expansions (out of 110 spots) (if you haven't purchased any premium expansions)

Lets add the anticipated 30 additional to open the chapter after Wood Elves that adds just 3 more from provinces. so that brings you up to 78 expansions out of 110 slots when you complete the Wood Elves chapter -- 78 out of 110

If you bought ALL of the premium expansions (94050 diamonds after the cost goes up [they've updated the wiki to reflect this pricing - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions ) - then you would have 1 more than the available slots once you finished the wood elves chapter.

Unless they start releasing additional premium expansions in later chapters and players decide to drop hundreds of dollars on them - all that will happen is that the difference between amount of space the players have to build on will continue to get smaller in comparison to the slots available to expand into (IF you can get the expansions)

So tell me again how throwing up the ROADBLOCK to clearing provinces is only about balance and NOT about making money. Because, at this point - these numbers show that it's more about making money by forcing players to buy premium expansions if they want a decent city.

If I hadn't purchased the 20 premium I did earlier in the game I would be looking only having 89 out of 110 possible slots and I'm beyond the the 190 provinces to open the Wood Elves (I'll have 315 by the time I complete Wood Elves as I will complete the ring I am in after I open the Advanced Scout Tech in the Wood Elves Chapter.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2963

[they've updated the wiki to reflect this pricing - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions] .
This is not a valid link.

So tell me again how throwing up the ROADBLOCK to clearing provinces is only about balance and NOT about making money. Because, at this point - these numbers show that it's more about making money by forcing players to buy premium expansions if they want a decent city.

I never addressed the motive behind this issue because, frankly, I thought it was obvious. They want to make more money, is that NOT obvious to everyone? Really?

DeletedUser2753

This chart may help with the above:
Expansions
Chapter Expansions Provinces Expansions Total ME
Start ------- 6 ------------ 0 ---------- 0 -------- 6
1 -----------1-2 ----------10 ---------- 4 ------- 12
2 ---------- 3-5 --------- 30 ---------- 4 ------- 19
3 ---------- 6-9 --------- 50 ---------- 8 ------- 27
4 --------- 10-14 ------- 70 ---------- 8 ------- 35 -- 41 bought 6 before boycott
5 --------- 15-20 ------ 100 --------- 10 ------ 45
6 --------- 21-26 ------- 130 --------- 10 ------ 55
7 --------- 27-31 ------- 160 --------- 9 ------- 64
8 --------- 32-35 ------- 190 --------- 8 ------- 72 -- 90 bought 12 before boycott
9 --------- 36-38-------- 220 -------- 6 ------- 78
Notes:
Provinces is the min chest amount at the start of the next chapter

DeletedUser2753

The Wiki is still out of date The Human Priest still show a target range of 14
I never addressed the motive behind this issue because, frankly, I thought it was obvious. They want to make more money, is that NOT obvious to everyone? Really?
Thank you Iyapo. Yes it is Obvious to everyone and it is also obvious they are seriously making the game unenjoyable for a very large number of players. I would think that making a better game for players would increase revenue. Making a better phone increases sales does it not? You don't raise the price of a car when sales slump. That is also Obvious.

WolfSinger

The Wiki is still out of date The Human Priest still show a target range of 14

Yeah - they can't bother to get the other game information updated - but they got this updated. (you'll notice that above the area where it gives the prices for the premium expansions it still says you can get 33 premium expansions - so they didn't even bother to update the whole page.

DeletedUser2753

Remove the end bracket and it will work
worked and better yet here is the record of the actual change
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions&diff=7601&oldid=7340

NOTE: They have not changed the cost of expansions in the game yet. So expect an announcement
"NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY EXPANSIONS"
Just like a store raising the price on an item then putting a sale sign on it 75% off, back to the original price. That is, I believe illegal in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2963

Oh, ouch!

So, tempting as it is to go buy all of them before this change goes into effect, the expansions were already to rich for me at 2k. But YIKES !!! They are either a) making money hand over fist and trying to draw the whales in even farther or b) going under and making a last desperate grab.

Its Inno, so my guess is a)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2753

I was offered diamonds at regular price +30% across the board this morning, I stuck to the Boycott and it expired. I think their cash flow is down.
The Whales already have there expansions. and snails and super residences and seed things, There at the end of Wood-elves. and i would not be surprised if a few are Inno employees with the company card, as shills, like the kid that walks around the carnival saying he won a giant panda easy

Buttrflwr

I have 21 premium expansions left, so I guess I bought 12. I refuse to buy another diamond with the game as it is, so I guess I won't be getting anymore expansions if they raise the prices of them. I was balking at 1k, and looking at that chart, to buy the 13th would be like....FIFTY BUCKS?? For a 5x5 square that my BARRACKS won't even fit in? Smh, that is insane.

Edit: It is already implemented in Beta...

DeletedUser3312

It appears they will be dropping the number of premium expansions available to buy from 33 to 23 (and raising the diamond cost as well - almost 4 times the current cost from what I saw in the wiki - for me currently my 21st premium would be 2000 diamonds - it's going up to 7500 diamonds)

Ya, this will roll out this coming Wednesday. No more diamonds for this girl. nope, nada, zilch. greed is just crazy in this game.

DeletedUser2753

I am exactly the same bought 12 earlier in my Wood-elves city and 6 in a smaller Chapter 5 city and will play without spending another cent, until I am bored or to frustrated. Innogames can eat there own dog food and pay their Product Manager and team with diamonds, not my dollars.

DeletedUser2870

I play on a 55" TV, and it's still not obvious.
If it's scouted you have to go in and see how many ranking points you'd get,
If it's not scouted you have to check price and compare to others that haven't been scouted yet and work off of that.

rvyslf.png

I agree, it would be so much better.
So many people have requested to show the ringnumbers on the map before this thread.
It would be very nice to have Inno actually listen to requests for a change, especially minor ones that will make things so much easier for players.
And please don't let people here come and tell that it would be so hard to program, it is not. If the rankingpoints/encounter are linked to the ring it really is only minimal work to have them show up on the map as well.