• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

Istaru

This is true, but that is completely separate from tournament catering costs, which keep going up the further you explore.
Someone with 170 provinces cleared on the world map will pay far more to cater 3 provinces 5 times than someone with 40 provinces explored.
If that's the case than I am even more discouraged by this game. It just makes it very not fun to expand at all.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Has anyone tried leaving a fellowship part way through a tournament? Do you get nothing even if you were the top contributor or is there some placeholder for you and the fellowship?

Similarly joining a fellowship late in a tournament I assume your points just add to the new fellowship?

I assume the points are just added or lost, this would make moving fellowship during a tournament.....exciting (probably better descriptions but let go with that for now). Would also make removing a person in the middle of the tournament potentially more stressful if the person had points and will get nothing from being removed.

Has anyone seen what happens here?

Edit
If that's the case than I am even more discouraged by this game. It just makes it very not fun to expand at all.

If you expand within the Goldilocks zone whether combat or negotiating your towns ability to cover the costs are still reasonable and sustainable. I have a town in Wood Elves that caters/negotiates only and is in the GZ and is free to play. Its catering costs are sustainable for a decent number of tournaments.

Istaru

Has anyone tried leaving a fellowship part way through a tournament? Do you get nothing even if you were the top contributor or is there some placeholder for you and the fellowship?

Similarly joining a fellowship late in a tournament I assume your points just add to the new fellowship?

I assume the points are just added or lost, this would make moving fellowship during a tournament.....exciting (probably better descriptions but let go with that for now). Would also make removing a person in the middle of the tournament potentially more stressful if the person had points and will get nothing from being removed.

We have had members leave and the FS loses their points. No idea what happens to the person. We had one person leave and then come back within hours and he seemed to bring his previous points back with him. So my guess is when you leave they are just not applicable since only FS members can participate, an then they reactivate if you rejoin within the window. Not sure if they would let you bring them to another FS. Probably, since the points are tied to the user.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is why I encourage my FS members to focus on getting +700% boost before expanding too far.
I understand why catering costs must go up though, otherwise there would be no way to balance them--either they would be super expensive for newer, smaller players, or basically free for bigger advanced players. The costs need to be tied to your progression somehow.

DeletedUser2522

The few tournie battles that I had to cater (maybe 2 per province) did seem like they were much higher than normal, specifically the number of supplies needed was much higher.
The difficulty of battles and the increase of enemy squad size was 100% jacked up, I've never had enemy squads twice my size at level 4 before.
I totally stopped fighting on the map because of the huge amount of supplies it takes to build a squad and then have them wiped out in seconds so I only fought in the Tournament. If the tournie is now going to cost 10's, upon 10's, upon 10's of thousands of supplies I'm finished with that as well, it's just not worth the effort

DeletedUser5747

So far I am unimpressed for all the hype there was, even our guild ranking in 21st place is struggling to make it half way... Seems like a waste in weight of the puny rewards. It just isn't generous enough to make it worth the work. Greed seems to be the game. I was hoping it would be a scenario to bring a bit more camaraderie but it seems like it is bringing guilt to small cities, confusion to most, and bit of pressure to the players who don't want to toss supply down the tubes.

Istaru

If you expand within the Goldilocks zone whether combat or negotiating your towns ability to cover the costs are still reasonable and sustainable. I have a town in Wood Elves that caters/negotiates only and is in the GZ and is free to play. Its catering costs are sustainable for a decent number of tournaments.

I'm sorry, but I am only in chapter 5. What is the Goldlilocks Zone?

DeletedUser2396

I tried the tourney in day 1 - catered up to 10 provinces - 2nd day i catered up to 8 provinces - 3rd day i catered none as it wiped out my Tier 2 - Tourneys are over now - my suggestion don't go past the Advanced Scout and if you do cater don't go past 6 provinces you will just be losing out on your goods that won't help a FS out -
i can still fight some battles but not when i am outnumbered 3 to 1

SoggyShorts

If you look at the chest at the start of the next chapter you will see that you have cleared XX/100 provinces. if xx is higher than the 100, you might be getting past the GZ.
When you are in the GZ (close to the minimum to open the next chest) fights are reasonable, as are negotiating/catering costs. Go too far, and they get harder/more expensive very fast.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The Goldilocks Zone (GZ) refers to the invisible line on the world map where scout times, combat difficulty and negotiating costs are reasonable. It impacts everyone at every era but obviously moves as you move through the game. The number of scouted (not completed) provinces impacts whether you are in or out of the GZ.

Towns that are at 300+provinces are beyond the GZ for the current eras in the game and have a significantly higher cost to cater in tournaments then a town with less scouted provinces. By staying within the GZ whether using combat, negotiating or both should means your cities factory technology is also able to keep up with cater/negotiate costs the same as it should ensure it can combat as well.

Istaru

The Goldilocks Zone (GZ) refers to the invisible line on the world map where scout times, combat difficulty and negotiating costs are reasonable. It impacts everyone at every era but obviously moves as you move through the game. The number of scouted (not completed) provinces impacts whether you are in or out of the GZ.

Towns that are at 300+provinces are beyond the GZ for the current eras in the game and have a significantly higher cost to cater in tournaments then a town with less scouted provinces. By staying within the GZ whether using combat, negotiating or both should means your cities factory technology is also able to keep up with cater/negotiate costs the same as it should ensure it can combat as well.

Thank you. I have been staying within the research tree's number of provinces requested on the chest as much as possible. I was over a bit because of the blasted winter event asking me to scout provinces, but I have since moved into a new chapter, and I have not scouted ahead. it doesn't help me with the extra provinces I had to solve last chapter. they are locked into a too expensive cost.

But thank you for the information.

DeletedUser3696

Depending on the answers this could be a huge exploit.

Imagine one player doing 10 provinces x 6 for a ton of points and sharing the full value of those points with more than one FS. Obviously they would only get rewards for the fellowship they are in at the end (maybe not obvious - just makes sense!!).

I'm thinking/hoping the points don't carry with you, but your progress would remain the same upon joining a new FS (ie. you don't go back to zero stars).

DeletedUser3297

I switched fellowships yesterday. My tournament points followed me (I did have to refresh my game before the points updated correctly) and my former fellowship lost all of my points. I am assuming if I did this just after unlocking a chest, the chest would go back to being locked as there would not be enough accumulated points anymore.

DeletedUser5747

Something that just occurred to me and I want to make sure I understand before I blow my mouth up in my guild. All completed chests pay to all fellowship members at the end of the tourney correct, it is accumulated not just the last chest completed correct? I see some ppl getting booted due to non participation in my bigger guilds. Also, does any one know the average of provinces needed by each member (25 members) to obtain the blue print chest? Remember I do Art not math. lol And last question, is it possible to stay in the GZ based on the time allotted for the tourney and the time it takes to refresh without refreshing it with diamonds?

SoggyShorts

@Elmoonwen
All FS members that complete at least one province 1 time get all of the rewards from each chest that is unlocked (not just the last one)
All 25 FS members have to clear 6 provinces all 6 times to get the blueprint.
In previous tournaments the top 25 players did not even come close to accomplishing this, and they were spread around 15-20 different FS.

in8vv6.jpg

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
last question, is it possible to stay in the GZ based on the time allotted for the tourney and the time it takes to refresh without refreshing it with diamonds?

GZ zone has little bearing on tournaments, it effect is more in relation to cater costs as a function of scouted provinces.

You can obtain the last round of the tournament without using diamonds to refresh and many people have done this in the past. Whether or not you can do this depends very much on:
  • Do you value your sleep?
  • Will you be fired for playing games at work?
  • Do you have other personal/social habits that make it difficult to be available at the designated time?
  • Timezone - more in relation to tournament start/finish time and your sleep habits.
  • How much you value getting to round 6 based on how much the above impacts you.
The good news is if you can't make it to round 6 and don't need relics you can stop at round 3/4 unless supporting fellowship for extra points. But that then makes the issue of group prizes even more costly and questionable for value.

DeletedUser4537

This is when you have explored as many Provinces as Inno wants you to, but not more. So not more than the next Chest/Advanced scouts on the research tree for the next chapter. Does that make sense? So Dwarves/Chapter six requires I think 110 Provinces explored. If you have less than 110 you are in the 'good zone' and where Inno wants you to be to have enough goods to negotiate and units powerful enough to fight.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have a question concerning the FS Tournaments. I just finished my first one it shows the award (ie: scroll, 2 chests) but how do you collect them???
No Collection required. They were automatically added to your inventory. If you look at the relics tab on your main Hall you'll see how many relics in total you have. Any spells you won will have been put in your bag of holding on the bar at center bottom

(Edit: Ninja'd by PraesulElysia