• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser4537

I thought the costs of provinces previously explored were fixed at that cost, so the inner most provinces are the cheapest to solve, etc.

When I've watched it closely -- and I do... I find the tournament itself is fairly stable -- UNLESS you change Chapters in the middle of it. Then you will see your costs jump enormously. I drag my feet and don't activate Advanced Scouts if I'm interested in a particular tournament.

DeletedUser3862

There is no need to continue wasting units/goods/supplies for a bad reward and again, unachievable goals!

The point levels are ridiculous, no maybe insane is a better word and none of the players have any interest in continuing this or any other
Tournament. This is seen as another case of take something players liked and totally mess it up so that nobody wants anything to do with it.
How can the Devs possibly be this out of touch with the players?

My second fellowship quit playing after Chest 2, everyone lost interest.

I'm in Prince's FS as well and have to agree with everything he said. ESPECIALLY the lame and achievable "prizes."

First off, the grand prize is for magic residences? WTF. What if you don't even have those? All that work and you don't get anything USEFUL back for it. This was a tournie for my boost, and I feel extremely let down about not being rewarded for all the provinces I cleared, and all the work I did, with more scroll relics.

I liked the previous format, it definitely had far greater benefits to participating as best you could.

DeletedUser3602

Now that we have experienced our first Fellowship-based Tournaments I would also like to offer some feedback.
Overall my fellows and I think the change from neighborhood-based tournaments to FS-based is a good one.
Some things people said they liked about it:
- We feel that the rewards, even though they´re not that great, are still better than what we got when we played individually
- It´s fun to watch the FS progress
- More members participating (17 / 25)
- Communication during the tournament. Neither of us used to communicate with our neighbors during a tourney.
- It´s another way of helping each other out.

And then for the things we would like to see changed (all of them are already mentioned before)
- We´d like the tournament points to be cumulative. It´s discouraging to start at 0 points after every checkpoint.
- If the checkpoints stay this hard to reach, we would like better rewards.
- Not everybody was happy with the Prosperity Towers rune shard our FS got. It would indeed be nice if it were possible to give every player a rune shard for an AW they already researched or are close to. On the other hand, getting a rune shard for an AW tyou haven´t got all the shards for yet, is rare too. So this issue is the least important one on the list.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
First off, the grand prize is for magic residences? What if you don't even have those? All that work and you don't get anything USEFUL back for it.

They have stated that blueprints will have more uses than just upgrading magic buildings, they just are not implemented yet or in a position to reveal what those uses will be. The fact you wont be able to get one makes it all irrelevant. The diamonds one probably has to spend to get a blueprint it is likely cheaper to just delete and buy the next residence/workshop

I expect everything will settle down soon and people will just do their normal tournament participation. Good fellowships will likely monitor the progress to ensure they don't narrowly miss a reward level otherwise I can see all the hype fizzing out very fast.

DeletedUser1390

I can't check since the checkpoints are no longer viewable, but I'm pretty sure the number of spells and runes we got did not correspond to the checkpoints we won. Did anyone else notice this?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have a feeling they are less fulfilling for people who were consistently placing at the top of the rankings among their neighbors, and more fulfilling for the people who were consistently at the bottom, and only able to complete a handful of provinces. That would fall in line with my guess that they are placing a higher value on newish players than on long-time players, and tightening the curve that makes it easier to "catch-up."
I can't check since the checkpoints are no longer viewable, but I'm pretty sure the number of spells and runes we got did not correspond to the checkpoints we won. Did anyone else notice this?
We'll know in 24 hours.

DeletedUser3942

I can't check since the checkpoints are no longer viewable, ...

Look for a notification in your notification window (when you klick the bell) called tournament and then klick the green button on the right. there it shows your rewards. hover over the chest for the runes and spells...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have a feeling they are less fulfilling for people who were consistently placing at the top of the rankings among their neighbors, and more fulfilling for the people who were consistently at the bottom, and only able to complete a handful of provinces.

As a person who topped the ranking within a community (wasn't hard with a participation of 1 mostly) I find the new system far more rewarding.

Some analysis of players achieving more than 17,600 tournament points (that is 6 provinces to level 6).
The missing tournament was not checked and a bug made it easier to complete so needs to be ignored anyway.
ServerPlanksScrolls
Beta?11
EN1412
EN2611
US1511
US2510
US336
US4310
US526
TOTAL2877

Edit: Rewards Table
Tournament_Rewards.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser3696

F
I have a feeling they are less fulfilling for people who were consistently placing at the top of the rankings among their neighbors, and more fulfilling for the people who were consistently at the bottom, and only able to complete a handful of provinces. That would fall in line with my guess that they are placing a higher value on newish players than on long-time players, and tightening the curve that makes it easier to "catch-up."
We'll know in 24 hours.
For me personally, the new format is better. I'd rather get the extra rune and kp for checkpoints then the extra relics I used to get in the old system. Everything else for me was the same for the in tournament rewards (kp, relics, runes).

I can see a problem if some players were feeling pressure to get to a certain point value and had to sacrifice a lot of troops and/or resources to achieve that. In that scenario the rewards definitely aren't worthwhile. Considering there was a ton of activity for this tournament and only 10 players had the points needed to achieve 440k/25 I think it's safe to say nobody is getting the blueprint anytime soon. The top 25 individual players didn't even get 440k points total and a lot were doing more than normal this tourney!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Look for a notification in your notification window (when you klick the bell) called tournament and then klick the green button on the right. there it shows your rewards. hover over the chest for the runes and spells...
The total rewards for the last tournament are readily available in your fellowship window under the tournament popup. What isn't available is which of those rewards cam from which chest.

DeletedUser3942

What isn't available is which of those rewards cam from which chest.
oh I may have misunderstood then. but why does it matter?
I thought the problem was to identify if given rewards were the number that was expected... never mind ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So, where do we actually see what's in the boxes for each level?
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowship-based-tournaments.5228/page-15#post-42422
- Not everybody was happy with the Prosperity Towers rune shard our FS got. It would indeed be nice if it were possible to give every player a rune shard for an AW they already researched or are close to.
They should be happy, it's one of the best wonders, and once you unlock it your odds of getting those runes are quite low since there are so many wonders.:D

DeletedUser1390

I thought the problem was to identify if given rewards were the number that was expected...

You're correct, that was the issue I raised. However seeing the chart above now (which weirdly was full-size and readable in the E-mail notification) I believe I misremembered, and we did in fact get what we shoulda. So... never mind!;)

I think what some people may be forgetting is that the main tournament rewards are still the individual ones. The fellowship prizes, like the neighborhood prizes before, are just an extra to make it more fun, give you something to work toward as a group. I think this particular aspect at least is well-designed: the prizes are a nice little incentive (we got 15KP which is not bupkis) to encourage people to participate, but not so great that they're likely to create pressure and potential conflict within the fellowship.

(Of course having a grand prize that is unattainable is ridiculous.)

DeletedUser5579

Well now that the tournie is over, and I feel I can now give an opinion. I'm very disappointed, I was all excited for the FS based tournament to be implemented, as I wasn't excited for them before cause what I perceived as low neighborly involvement, but my FS was active, even the newest players/ members to the FS. and I did worse this tournie in regards to cost/rewards than the previous ones with only 4-5 neighbors participating, EVERYONE in the FS did far worse. I am rather new, and guess my opinion doesn't count for anything, but I felt the need to say something, if we say nothing then everyone will think all is happy with the new changes. this change needs a bit of tweaking it doesn't feel balanced, instead of getting ahead, I dug a hole. I will give this a couple more tries, if things don't improve, then instead of wasting my units/ resources on a failed venture, I'll work toward self expansion, verses a team player, and hope I can remain in my wonderful FS. don't know what else to do. so did any Fellowships gain a blueprint? if so how many?

DeletedUser1390

...so did any Fellowships gain a blueprint? if so how many?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D rofl... to get the blueprint you apparently have to have every member finish 6 provinces to all six levels or something absurd like that. I'm pretty sure that's a no.

It's possible it's just a coincidence that this week's tournament was particularly nasty to fight. The one last week for example was much easier. We'll have to have a few more to see if they're really more difficult overall now.