• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser3640

One of the new rewards you can receive, is a new item: the blueprint. With this item, you will be able to upgrade your Magic Residences and Magic Workshops. It won't be easy to reach this item, but if you work together in your fellowship, you will have a chance to get this powerful item!

Just make sure it's actually "not easy" and not "impossible". Feeling like top fellowships are favored more in this....advanced players will do tournaments easily and everyone else will struggle.

P.S. Overall I really like the idea, mainly because I have just 2 neighbors that participate in tournaments.

DeletedUser

I am guessing you want to force more active players to congregate in fellowships. In the fellowship i am on there are like 20 active but 2 (me and one more) can do tournament, wile on world map i only seen 5 people in a tournament province (me and 4 other neighbours) and they stopped fighting at second checkpoint.

BTW I WANT MY 40 kp back, the 40 i spend on tournament reserch, hey would be nice if you give it back during winter flurry :) ....just saying.

DeletedUser5278

I'm a relative newcomer. I'm just now qualifying to participate in tournaments. Does this mean I won't be able to compete unless I join a fellowship? That adds a level of complication I wasn't planning on.

DeletedUser3602

I don´t really communicate with my neighbors, but I do with my FS members, so yes, I would like to be able to work together with them to reach the checkpoints in the tournament provinces.

Edit: I do have my doubts about the blueprint rewards though. I´m not planning on buying any Magical buildings and many of my fellow members aren´t either, so it would be sad for the 1 or 2 members that have bought them if this becomes the only way of getting those blueprints. Nobody will want to make the effort to reach the last checkpoints if the only reward is blueprints they don´t need...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3602

I'm a relative newcomer. I'm just now qualifying to participate in tournaments. Does this mean I won't be able to compete unless I join a fellowship? That adds a level of complication I wasn't planning on.

The announcement says that to participate in a tournament, it will not matter how many people are in the fellowship. So you could just make your own FS and be the only member. It will be harder to reach the checkpoints though, if you´re the only one participating...

DeletedUser1903

Agreed...we deserve our kps back...especially since it was made mandatory to spend the 40 kps on the tourn research...it's only right that they return the kps they insisted we spend...:confused:
but otherwise I think tournaments are a great idea within fellowships instead of neighborhoods...our individual efforts will finally help our fs, love it!
I also hope there are great rewards for those of us without any magical residences or workshops... otherwise, the great reward-blueprints-is only useful for diamond (magical house/wksp) buyers. ;)

DeletedUser3696

I see this as a FS harmony killer. In every FS there are varying degrees of players and their online time/commitment. If a FS reaches the 8th checkpoint and a couple of members really wanted the 10th only to find that those 2 did 85% of the work it will alienate members of the FS.

I honestly don't like the idea of wanting rewards but having to put in the time/effort/resources to pull dead weight. Or we will start to get players being booted from FSs just because they aren't military dynamos.

Imo, it's a great idea in theory and will be terrible in practice.

DeletedUser2191

There are many questions that have or will be raised regarding this change. We all know what the current process of the tournaments is, this may change with it becoming a fellowship help based feature (or not).

Yes in theory this should be an improvement to progressing farther on the check points. Will the new structure of rewards gained support this, only time will determine this.

As a courtesy to their players, it would be nice to have a refund of the knowledge points spent for this technology which going to become no longer needed. Just my opinion, I have my doubts based on responses from bug threads made over time and the lack of materials being refunded.

Blueprints - one step closer to solving this puzzle, however as has been mentioned, if this item is solely for use by magical building purchasers only, this could be a deterrent for increased tournament participation. If however, this is setup as an extremely rare reward and can be used on regular residences and workshops to get the same benefit as magical ones, this could truly be beneficial.

Fellowship Co-operation - every group strives to have the best possible combination of players for balance purposes with regards to goods. This allows the smooth flow of trading so that everyone can meet their goals. Prior to end game (if we ever see one), there will always be players at various levels of progress, this will also determine how far in a tournament they can participate. As a group everyone will have to understand this with patience in mind.

DeletedUser5800

It's going to drive all the bigger players in FS's with smaller players into bigger FS's so they aren't pulling all the weight and resenting the people getting something for nothing and then all the FS's that were previously dependent on a few happy to help bigger people will fall apart leading to more people quitting out of frustration they wouldn't have had otherwise... drives the top up and hurts the bottom.. yet another way to make people quit before they get far enough to actually play... my opinion anyway. Also :p on magical blueprints, don't need them and never will.
P.S. I do about every 3rd tournament with get top 20 enthusiasm, I predict I will lose even that interest and anytime interested players have a new reason to not be that's not cool.
ll that said, if my experience with other games is any indicator, the top FS's will put in enough diamonds to make none of this matter BUT that is a disturbing trend to start on what has been a pretty balanced game so far... at least better than most.

DeletedUser1016

It's going to drive all the bigger players in FS's with smaller players into bigger FS's
Yup, I agree....specialized Fellowships will emerge that are focused on tournaments & fighting, as have with KP donations for Ancient Wonders, where it is necessary to participate to be part of. Not sure if that is a bad thing, but these "clicks" will happen, hence a whole other set of dynamics are going to result in this significant game redesign. Hope the developers have thoroughly thought this through.:oops:

DeletedUser3696

Yup, I agree....specialized Fellowships will emerge that are focused on tournaments & fighting, as have with KP donations for Ancient Wonders, where it is necessary to participate to be part of. Not sure if that is a bad thing, but these "clicks" will happen, hence a whole other set of dynamics are going to result in this significant game redesign. Hope the developers of thoroughly thought this through.:oops:
I suspect many with very high level AWs and lots of them have other ways to get their kp donations ;)

But I cannot see an outcome where the super keen and hardcore players figure a way out to game this new tournament system to their advantage. Most likely at the expense of lower level players and/or not full-time players being booted from the top FSs.

I like the fact the devs are thinking of new ways to add to the game, but pitting players vs. players isn't good for this game. The current system doesn't hurt players in a FS who don't participate in tournaments, while the top players can still get their reward ranking points. The new system will punish the top players for having 'dead weight' in their fellowships and we know what will happen.

I mean they just sell ranking points for diamonds without the hassle of having to build anything or do anything :p

DeletedUser5800

It just seems like a lot of recent things are adding weight to the top of the pyramid while not increasing the foundation, new stuff for people already standing in the store is cool... but at some point you need new customers which means some effort into the bottom, I don't know the numbers so I can't know where that line is and when it is danger of being crossed... but it is a thought I increasingly have while wandering the already apocalyptic wasteland on world visits as well as trying to recruit into a not even this complicated yet FS.

Calenmir

Could we please get more information on how these rewards will work as well as what they will be? A point was made to specifically mention blueprints, so would like to know what the rest of the rewards will be and what the checkpoints will be as well please. I will never need the blueprints and if by some miracle we reach the checkpoint that grants these, that reward will be of no value to me.

Also curious on behalf of others, but will this be the ONLY way to get blueprints?

Thanks!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It's going to drive all the bigger players in FS's with smaller players into bigger FS's so they aren't pulling all the weight and resenting the people getting something for nothing and then all the FS's that were previously dependent on a few happy to help bigger people will fall apart leading to more people quitting out of frustration they wouldn't have had otherwise... drives the top up and hurts the bottom..

It just seems like a lot of recent things are adding weight to the top of the pyramid while not increasing the foundation, new stuff for people already standing in the store is cool.

Do not underestimate the mechanics of the game. If anything I can see lower era players carrying the top era players. Tournament are quite well balanced to be honest but lower era players do have a slight advantage in my opinion and experience. The battle redesign actually increased a lower era players tournament ability when they were already at an advantage.

I don't see how they aren't adding things to new players with this update. Removing the tech and allowing people to participate once in a fellowship will improve boost % for new players sooner and make the MA more useful sooner as it is pointless in the current timing as you never have relics to use it enough for the space it occupies at the time it is unlocked.

I see this as a FS harmony killer. In every FS there are varying degrees of players and their online time/commitment.
This is my concern as well. Many payers only participate in tournaments for their boost so this may not see any more active participation for many fellowships (not counting the super active/high level ones). I am also sad to see a loss in the neighborhood reward and would have liked it if this update was in addition to the neighborhood so there was still some incentive to work within your community as well.

Edit: there has been some speculation that blueprints may eventually be used to upgrade event buildings, lets hope this is the case as it would benefit everyone.

DeletedUser5251

It won't change until January at the earliest. So, you should be able to participate in at least 3 tournaments before joining a fellowship is required.

If you go down to the folder for your world on the main forums page, there will be a threads for fellowships seeking members, and players seeking fellowships.

DeletedUser594

There will be quite a few fellowships that get restructured/break apart etc with the change but after the dust settles it'll become just another option to consider when looking for a fellowship. I can see a fellowship asking members participate in tournament for your boosts to level x minimum. Eventually it's something like activity/Nh/Trade and everyone will settle into their niche and find an appropriatly fitted fellowship.
I doi wonder how much this will drive up score and if we'll see fighting fellowships rocketing to the top