• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser

Is it mee or some people are screaming this will be the end of the world? No it wont, yes some overly ambitios players will seek more active FS, so what? Yes perhaps some FS will cleen up and kick some less active players to invite more active, so what? There will still be felowships who will say "we accept any one, just play at your own pace".

In my opionion this is an improvment, right now with the few active neighbours i get up to checkpoint 3 if lucky in 1 or 2 provinces, i am preaty certain my fellowship can do a lot beter and even if i would be the most active and cary some one elses i wont cry about. Seriously tournament multiplayer rewards are extra reward, the real tournament rewards are the kp/relics/runes you get as single player in tourney.

So yea maybe this week 2/3 of my fellowship will say "we dont like that relic rewards so we wont participate" but there will be 1/3 who will say "ooohhh dust! i boost dust..." and toghter we get some extras, next week another 1/3 will...well you get the idea, just have your FS balanced as much as posible and with active players the multiplayer rewards will be a weekly extra. Thou honestly i am thinking of ways to motivate my FS to always do at least province 1 fully, that would be nice and is cheap to cater in 1.

Not talking about top rankings (first 100), there probably will be chaos of lets get that dude for FS, or pls let me join in etc, but hello....the server is in theory 10k+ players and the majority are not insane for rank poins (any new player who wants to become number 1 on a 2 year old server in a time based game should just go check himself in a menthal institution).

Ohh and i still want my 40 kp back! (yea for me is a big deal :p)

DeletedUser43

Edit: I do have my doubts about the blueprint rewards though. I´m not planning on buying any Magical buildings and many of my fellow members aren´t either, so it would be sad for the 1 or 2 members that have bought them if this becomes the only way of getting those blueprints. Nobody will want to make the effort to reach the last checkpoints if the only reward is blueprints they don´t need...

That is my concern. Which leads to my number one concern...we will now even more be split into the huge whales and the non spenders.

Hope the developers have thoroughly thought this through.:oops:

rofl

I don't see how this improves numbers, just encourages a shifting around with ill side affects.

Yup.

Seriously tournament multiplayer rewards are extra reward, the real tournament rewards are the kp/relics/runes you get as single player in tourney.

They didn't say we will still get the relics from the multiplayer checkpoints that we get now. I think you will end up with less relics..a lot less relics. Not a big deal for some of us, but that is a big problem for others.

Overall, I think it will lead to anger among players, more difficulty in keeping fellowships together as whiners scream about not getting enough tournament support, and nasty letters written to archmages to do something about it. You think it sucks now hearing people scream about not getting the right neighborly help?

But I do think it will be a money maker for Inno as it will make the diamond buildings more attractive.

Maz Mellor

I'm basically with Soggy on this one; I think this is a good change overall and that the effect on fellowship dynamics will not be as great as some of you seem to fear. Maybe I just have an especially harmonious fellowship, but I really can't imagine any of us resenting our fellows who either cannot or choose not to participate in a tournament. It will just be fun and rewarding for those who do participate. In any case, I will have far more comrades in a fellowship-based tournament than a neighbor-based one.

So, thumbs up on the whole. I am curious/concerned about the rewards structure, though. I would hope that the ability to gain relics would not be affected by the change. Also, like many others on this thread, I have no use for this Blueprint you speak of. Please don't make that the only incentive to keep playing through all the checkpoints....

DeletedUser3696

I'm basically with Soggy on this one; I think this is a good change overall and that the effect on fellowship dynamics will not be as great as some of you seem to fear. Maybe I just have an especially harmonious fellowship, but I really can't imagine any of us resenting our fellows who either cannot or choose not to participate in a tournament. It will just be fun and rewarding for those who do participate. In any case, I will have far more comrades in a fellowship-based tournament than a neighbor-based one.

So, thumbs up on the whole. I am curious/concerned about the rewards structure, though. I would hope that the ability to gain relics would not be affected by the change. Also, like many others on this thread, I have no use for this Blueprint you speak of. Please don't make that the only incentive to keep playing through all the checkpoints....
In theory you are absolutely correct, but so are the nay-sayers too.

It will all depend on what the checkpoint rewards are and how hard they are to get them or achieve them.

If a FS ranked in the 30+ can get them then everyone can get them and it would mean the rewards aren't that incentivizing, meaning our current system is better.

If however, only the top several FSs can achieve them and the rewards are incentivizing then the harmony of most fellowships will be tested as players who can and do put in the effort aren't being rewarded. Those players either give up on the rewards or move.

Currently I don't think anyone is getting any significant help in tournaments from neighbours because they just don't exist (or maybe it's just me who never has neighbours or gets moved??). The current checkpoint system only gives another relic if you get some help and reach the next checkpoint anyways, and that extra relic is meaningless considering all of the relics you've already received from doing all the stages.

There are a lot of very competitive players playing this game, just because it's a city building game doesn't mean players aren't. The fact a lot of players are already at the max boost, but still hit tournaments hard tells you otherwise. The fact that players finish chapters as fast as they do says otherwise. The fact players buy diamonds says otherwise.

DeletedUser2963

My 2 cents, I have been playing this game since July. In all that time, I have only had two neighbors fighting in a province with me, ever. Even a really laid back fs will be better than that. I did not read anything anywhere about them changing the individual participation rewards, just the team checkpoint rewards. So, given my personal experience with the game, this is a plus, even if only one member of my FS participates in the same tournaments I do.

If 2 players in my FS participate once every six months. I will be exactly where I am now.

DeletedUser5800

I didn't read anywhere that your fellowship would be ranked against other fellowships
My concern isn't so much what this will be at first but where it's going. As it stands we play a spacial relationship game that has an odd tournament side quest that can be ignored, dabbled in, or be your fav. part and it doesn't really make or break anything nor affect game dynamics that much, with the new battle updates (which I'm becoming more of a fan of when I have the time to manual), the new magical bits to encourage spending and allow beginners a path into the old guard, (which is debatable, I don't partake but I get it) the advantage fades away nicely also once they 'catch up to time' as far as I can tell, and if this is only ever about a few extra checkpoints here and there and a few blueprints for blue cities then it isn't a big deal and won't change much... but if all this new business, now tied into the FS, evolves into game centric with say something as simple as sometimes the top prize is an awesome cultural building, which they seem to be into making prizes these days, then the entire dynamics change, spacial relationship becomes secondary to tournament activity and FS and then we are playing an entirely dif. game than the one we know and love. I'm not saying the canary in the coal mine is dead, but it certainly is getting unusually bloodshot eyes... it's a worrying trend when taken as a whole is all I'm saying. As for PVP, let's do it, the tournament becoming a completely independent endeavor would be awesome and, I think, accomplish better results on all fronts while adding a bit of flavor to the spacial core, but not FS vs. FS in the form of tournament active clicking, if that's where it's going, it adds little and takes away much.

DeletedUser3696

My 2 cents, I have been playing this game since July. In all that time, I have only had two neighbors fighting in a province with me, ever. Even a really laid back fs will be better than that. I did not read anything anywhere about them changing the individual participation rewards, just the team checkpoint rewards. So, given my personal experience with the game, this is a plus, even if only one member of my FS participates in the same tournaments I do.

If 2 players in my FS participate once every six months. I will be exactly where I am now.
I hope you are correct.
I cannot wait to see the mechanics of it all and just what is needed to reach each checkpoint and what the associated rewards for each will be.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
They didn't say we will still get the relics from the multiplayer checkpoints that we get now. I think you will end up with less relics..a lot less relics. Not a big deal for some of us, but that is a big problem for others.

I cannot wait to see the mechanics of it all and just what is needed to reach each checkpoint and what the associated rewards for each will be.
I usually finish in the top 15 on boosted(but never top 8) and I have never gotten more than 14 checkpoint relics from neighbor help.

Those 14 really don't have that much impact compared to the 110-158 I have gotten on my own each go around, so I'm not worried.
I'm on my 3rd set of tournaments and will hit 700% across the board on both live accounts by the end of the next Silk.
After that I'll happily keep pushing my FS along in the new system.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The neighbour rewards are not great compared to individual but is nice "icing on the cake" especially when you get 20-30 relics. Granted much of that is earnt by yourself. 1-2 people can achieve the early checkpoint but from memory it take 7 people to hit round 6 to get the final checkpoint. I think I have seen 7 people in a tournament province once but no more then 2 went past the first round. The limitation of fighting in distant provinces makes it prohibitive. If they had let you fight in any of the relic provinces I suspect we would have seen better participation. I certainly would have been fighting in the same spots as active neighbours.

The method in which they put the fellowship reward together (how they add them up) and what levels and rewards will be interesting to see.

If a FS ranked in the 30+ can get them then everyone can get them and it would mean the rewards aren't that incentivizing, meaning our current system is better.

I would hope any of the top 100 fellowships to be able to achieve the rewards with effort, as from experience these are the active fellowships. Not saying there aren't some outside those rankings as there are (I am in 1 of those too) and every world has its own dynamics as do fellowships. But if they make the top reward equivalent to 20 people getting to round 6 the rewards will still be useless to the majority of people. The 16hr timer is a big restriction to obtaining round 6 followed by catering/combat, in my opinion.

DeletedUser3942

I am looking forward to the changes.

I believe it will be fun playing the tournaments more like a team effort than doing it all on your own.
I rarely see any neighbours in my tournament provinces so the "extras" really are no benefits to me at the moment since I can't reach them.
When I am lucky I hit checkpoint 1 in 1 or 2 provinces in a tournament. ... so much for that. :)
Of course it mostly depends on how the changes are implemented but I am still positive it will add more fun to the game.

I have deep trust in my FS fellows that this will be a positive addition in playing together! <3

DeletedUser43

Maybe I just have an especially harmonious fellowship, but I really can't imagine any of us resenting our fellows who either cannot or choose not to participate in a tournament.

Are you the archmage? As the archmage I get people screaming at me that I have to kick out so and so because they helped the wrong culture building last night. People can be soooo petty around here. I don't have any of those people left in my fellowship because I won't put up with that, but they left me and went to other places. Trust me. If your reward depends on your fellow doing something, people WILL resent the heck out of each other.

If the reward is something that only benefits a few, then I can't see why most would care at all about going nuts in the tourney.

I have never gotten more than 14 checkpoint relics from neighbor help.

That's 14 relics you won't get each week. Or may not. That is a lot. Sure, the checkpoints are a joke as far as hitting the top prizes, but those extra 14 relics really add up for some people. So, let's hope it is not an or, but an and.

DeletedUser594

Some sort of fellowship activity is long overdue. The game stalls when you hit a point of being unable to get further on the map without a squad update, fairly high on production % boost and you're just cruising. Reset the goods, say hi , peace out until collection.

Will the highest paying fellowships rise to the top? They're already there. I think this will open the top ten up for some hardworking fighting fellowships.
In Forge we formed a fellowship in the second world opened that was a mixed bag of player types and when guild vs guild started we rose to #3 and stayed there for quite some time, without spending diamonds to do so.
I'm not pushing any changes to compete. If that momentum builds in my fellowship then I will recruit to accomodate but I wouldn't want anyone to leave bcs we switched gears and they no longer felt the fellowship was a good fit.

Maybe now we'll see legitimate reasons to take your city in a different direction. Military based cities have always been a dead end for advancement. It would be nice if players had more tracks than the produce, produce,produce to negotiate your way up and that would be a welcome change

DeletedUser43

14 relics that I got with the help of my goldmine team. I hope my FS is better:cool:

We don't know if you will get relics from the fellowship team. They have implied that they are stopping that and giving us blueprints instead. I am saying that it is useless to many of us to get blueprints because we don't have those diamond buildings. We need relics. I hope we get relics too and not lose out on them completely.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
They have implied that they are stopping that
...each giving greater rewards than the previous one....
One of the new rewards you can receive, is a new item: the blueprint.
Unless the rewards are 1,2,3...10 blueprints there must be something else given.

Granted the "lesser" rewards might not be relics, but what then? Spells? Seems redundant since relics make spells. Goods? Seems silly to spend goods catering to get a reward of goods.
Sure it could be something other than relics, but until we have more information it still seems likely that at least some of the checkpoints will give relics.

DeletedUser5804

I'm honestly pretty happy about the change, mainly because in my Elcysindar world there is only one neighbor on my world map that participates in the tournaments, but we have a very active Fellowship, so this could be great. The problem seems to come from a lot of people not really understanding how the tournaments work (myself included) so a lot just don't participate (since you can just buy KP for coin). But I am looking forward to seeing how this works out.