• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser3696

I just hope they tinker with how many troops we can train. I have 3 armories and I cannot keep up with the troops I lose in a tournament. I really have no ambition to go more than 3 armories since I'm in the process of contemplating how to accomodate all the woodelf buildings - which it now seems will take a while to finish that chapter after a very very very quick and easy 1st half of the tech tree.

I could upgrade my barracks more and literally train 5 stacks in 3 hours or something ridiculous like that. It's currently a 5 hour training period for 5 stacks.

DeletedUser3312

This. I do not care for it. no no no. It will cause FS that have added small cities to join to have to carry those members in a tournament. I am in a great FS. However not everyone in the FS participates in the tournaments. I think it will rip FS apart, cause hard feelings, one upmanship, blame for not reaching a certain goal, and many other negatives. Teamwork is a great idea. Know why there are thousands of books written on the topic? because it does not come natural to people! People have to be taught how to work as a team. They have to see a reason to buy in to a team. sigh. I love the way tournaments are now. One of the few things Inno has not screwed up. until now. I know that player desire regarding this will be ignored like every other comment players make so this for me may be the last straw.

As far as the comments about leave your FS and find a better one, that is just wrong. And what I stated earlier about tearing FS apart!!! I love my FS. We have become friends. That is an important aspect of the game for me and many others. But saying "Meh. you guys are kool... but you're just not good enough for me any more. Never mind that we have become friends and chat every day and help each other out in lots of game stuff. I'm gonna find a group that loves to battle so I can get tournament goodies. " REALLY??????? sad sad sad........

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Jewess
Some of my FS have really small players, and we already carry them. Like for the event, I want everyone to get into the next chapter before the good daily prizes come up, so I feed them some goods to help out. We also help the small ones with tournaments too, and will continue to do so.

Depending on how this is set up, it might actually be great, If I can feed a couple thousand goods to a lower member and get a personal benefit out of it that's even more incentive to help out.

DeletedUser5800

Has it occurred to anyone that this also will just make people get more advantages from 'pushing' accounts or whatever they are. Not sure if it's that much of a problem in this game as I've seen in others but this is a sure fire way to encourage it.

SoggyShorts

Has it occurred to anyone that this also will just make people get more advantages from 'pushing' accounts or whatever they are. Not sure if it's that much of a problem in this game as I've seen in others but this is a sure fire way to encourage it.
Hadn't though of that. It would take quite a bit of effort to make a bunch of accounts for their own FS, and do so many tournaments. I think they'd be better off in a FS, and leave their cheater accounts outside since they can still donate KP. (which I assume is what push accounts are for)

DeletedUser5800

It would take quite a bit of effort to make a bunch of accounts for their own FS
In the game I used to play, guilds(FS's) maxed at 100, there were several people with 30+ accounts, over half had 5+, and if someone just had 1 it was considered weird, it became a common joke that only like 8 real people played the game and they just had thousands of (alts). Not saying that's how it will go, I certainly hope not, but it will be interesting to see if everyone suddenly has 3 more friends that just started. Archmages will have to watch for groups coming in, and I'm sure the dev's have a way to monitor it somehow, 14 people from the same IP address or whatever and I hope they do it... But just for the sake of info. it was a major problem and guilds are how they linked them for more benefit so anything that makes FS members more critical to gameplay may always cause an alt. bloom. This change would be a perfect example of what might. At first it will just seem like lots of new people are playing YAY... but then you realize what's going on and have to either make some yourself to compete or quit, and alt. race starts and the whole thing becomes stupid. Just another reason this whole thing is a weird gamble to take when better fixes could prevent the chance. IMO

SoggyShorts

t so anything that makes FS members more critical to gameplay may always cause an alt. bloom.
I dunno, I think getting 24 KP every day per alt for your AW for zero effort would be more of a draw for pushers.
Making alts clear multiple provinces just for a blueprint that you could probably get by just being in a decent fellowship seems very unlikely, even useless.

DeletedUser5800

I think getting 24 KP every day per alt for your AW for zero effort would be more of a draw for pushers.
and easier to monitor... and once again if it's only ever about blueprints I agree... but when is anything ever just about one thing forever and even as it stands it depends on what else Blueprints can get used for in the future. It just so much possible negative for a tiny positive that could be achieved several other ways... you'll never convince me. Even if nothing I've said is ever an issue :D ... No really I hope I can look back and say how wrong I was but it's never happened yet. :cool:

DeletedUser3696

The benefits of pusher accounts would be insane and I have no doubt they are happening. My bet is some might even have several.

I've been playing on my world daily and there are some players miles and miles ahead of me on their AWs. I don't see why a fellowship would make players contribute to only 1 player whilst that player didn't contribute back, so to be literally 10,000's of kp ahead of me seems rather odd. I just took a visit at another player who has 13 AWs with an average lvl of 12. Mine are lvl 7, 6 and 1.

SoggyShorts

The benefits of pusher accounts would be insane and I have no doubt they are happening. My bet is some might even have several.

I've been playing on my world daily and there are some players miles and miles ahead of me on their AWs. I don't see why a fellowship would make players contribute to only 1 player whilst that player didn't contribute back, so to be literally 10,000's of kp ahead of me seems rather odd. I just took a visit at another player who has 13 AWs with an average lvl of 12. Mine are lvl 7, 6 and 1.

Did you have a look at the contributors? What are they like?

DeletedUser3312

I think some people buy kp with diamonds as well. There are hacks out there that you can use to get free diamonds. example the Charles Hack. When I was a forum mod, we got reports of it all the time and game developers worked constantly to discover and fix the door for the hack to get through.

DeletedUser3696

Did you have a look at the contributors? What are they like?
1/2 of them are at lvl 16 and fully upgraded. Unless being in the FS requires daily contribution to the leaders AW, I cannot fathom how they got so many extra kp??
I honestly cannot fathom someone paying that much $$ for this game.

Also, if the dummy accounts are actually playing the game it wouldn't matter who is donating. Only Inno can do something about it, and I don't know any online games that have done anything about this issue.

DeletedUser3696

I think some people buy kp with diamonds as well. There are hacks out there that you can use to get free diamonds. example the Charles Hack. When I was a forum mod, we got reports of it all the time and game developers worked constantly to discover and fix the door for the hack to get through.
This would be easy in this game.

One source of in game economy. Inno can track how much each player has purchased legitimately and how much they have spent. If they don't add up then you delete/disable an account.

It's the games that have multiple ways of getting currency with 3rd party vendors/advertisers where loops and exploits can come in and there isn't much the game devs can do since they are getting paid by the 3rd parties and don't want to divulge that those 3rd parties are also getting scammed :O

DeletedUser2191

This would be easy in this game.

One source of in game economy. Inno can track how much each player has purchased legitimately and how much they have spent. If they don't add up then you delete/disable an account.

That will only work if Inno is scanning every single player in game on a regular basis, by regular I mean daily, which I highly doubt due to the load it could cause on the servers.

I have never personally used them, Inno can check my account to verify if they wish, but there are hack programs that can give you unlimited diamonds, goods, supplies, auto collect production runs. They work based on all the reviews I have read, so that leaves Inno's security rating on the low to mid end level. When Inno does an update which patches the back door hack entries, the hackers usually within 24 - 48 hours update and fix the hacks to 100% functional.

Inno would have to implement a scanner, which scans before allowing players to play for anything suspicious.

How did I come across knowing about these hack programs, well some are posted on youtube, which is where I found them while searching for other Elvenar game related videos.

SoggyShorts

@TSmack
What I meant was who is contributing to the wonders? Do they also have wonders? Perhaps the FS has a KP pool, and they take turns?
It should be easy to see if one player contributed 200KP, and they aren't even in the FS, or are very small--probably an alt.

DeletedUser3696

@TSmack
What I meant was who is contributing to the wonders? Do they also have wonders? Perhaps the FS has a KP pool, and they take turns?
It should be easy to see if one player contributed 200KP, and they aren't even in the FS, or are very small--probably an alt.
True, but they are literally 20-30k kp ahead of me. Even if the FS does a AW kp pool that is some serious kp going to just one player. If all the players in the FS have AWs that high level then I would bet it's just not possible to have that many kp naturally.

I know it happens and like discussed above, there are hacks out there and Inno does nothing about them. So why bother trying to do their work for them.