• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But I can see it'd be hard to round up that many into one fellowhip.
If 25 players decide they want blueprints one week, they will find each other. If Blueprints are worth having, there will be fellowships made up of 25 people who want to regularly compete for them. Those will almost certainly not be any existing fellowships.

(Edit: If a fellowship can boast that they get blueprints every week*, they will be in demand for elite players.)

* again, assuming blueprints are worth it.

DeletedUser3696

6/6 is easy if it's the right type of province. Obviously some aren't worth it since I would have to start catering in round 4. Our current tournament looks to be very easy as each day I'm ending with more troops than I started with and I'm scheduled to hit my 4th round tonight leaving 2 days left for rounds 5 and 6.
I'm not even sure I'll go for rounds 5 and 6 since they are not worth the effort or cost for the rewards. I'll probably be content to just finish the 4th round for 6 extra runes and hope to get the one I want.

This all being said, if a group of 25 on Winyandor wants to form a temp FS for one week (say during steel) I'm a guaranteed 6/6 ;)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm not even sure I'll go for rounds 5 and 6 since they are not worth the effort or cost for the rewards. I'll probably be content to just finish the 4th round for 6 extra runes and hope to get the one I want.

I believe this happens a lot, I know I am often the same. I will only do round 5 if I plan/able to do round 6 for the runes. But it is a high price individually for those individual rewards both in terms of goods and sleep etc. I think many people lack the motivation to chase down the last 2 rounds (at least in old system), whether they have more incentive now as a fellowship remains to be seen.

From memory a score of 10K+ normally got a person in the top 20 or better in a tournament so only a small handful of people would go 6x6 in the past.

DeletedUser3686

Here's my bit of feedback on the new Fellowship based tournaments...

I placed #7 in Felyndral in last week's Scrolls tournament, and I was going for top 20 or better since scrolls is one of my boosted goods. In the past I usually got in the 20-30 range for rank when I was going for a boosted good.

Having Fellowship tournaments is a welcome change because in my neighborhood I would only get maybe 1-3 players actually participating. I have over 130 provinces completed so 1-3 out of that many is pretty low. Having a larger number of participants in the Fellowship I am in definitely brought out a lot of teamwork.

That said, despite being #7 this past week which is my best rank in tournaments so far, the number of prizes received in the end was MUCH less than there were when the tournaments were based on who was participating in the provinces. I would usually get 8+ relics as an ending prize, and this time with the FS tournament, there were only 3 relics, 5 KPs, and a few spells. I'd much rather have 8 of my boosted relic than spells which I can easily make with unwanted relics or the small sum of KPs that don't make as much of a difference in game play as 8 relics would. Definitely a much more paltry prize than I am accustomed to getting, especially after devoting as much time and resources as I have when going for such a high rank. I believe my FS only unlocked 3 of the treasure chests, which seems really low considering that I don't think we did that badly? Granted I was definitely the source of a gigantic chunk of points that went towards the chests, but still. Some of the prizes might need some balancing.

Edit: This past week I finished all six levels of provinces 4-5 and I think 6. Six may have been at level 5. I also completed 7-8 to level 4 and 9 to level 2-3 I think.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Under the old system most of the community prizes that were earned could be earnt by an individual, you needed little help from neighbours except for the last 2 levels (maybe 3rd reward). Under the new system you have to have group participation to achieve the rewards.

I would expect they have balanced up the paradigm of an individual been able to earn prizes meant for a group. So now if you do most of the work then yes the group rewards will be disproportionate to your effort as it requires the group. This is a change in our thinking we need to adjust to and I don't think it is a bad thing. We already gravitate to fellowships that suit our visitation and other needs, this will likely become another criteria for which people assess their suitability to a fellowship.

DeletedUser6167

Well I can tell you being a new comer to this game it is very hard to get resources for the tourney's every week. For an FS. But if it was once a month for three days for a FS to share, I think would be much better. That way people who do not belong to a FS won't be left out as stated above. What does every one else think about this idea?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Well I can tell you being a new comer to this game it is very hard to get resources for the tourney's every week. For an FS. But if it was once a month for three days for a FS to share, I think would be much better. That way people who do not belong to a FS won't be left out as stated above. What does every one else think about this idea?

The tournaments rotate every week and are a major source of relics for boosted goods production and non-boosted goods for spells as well as runes for wonders. If it becomes once a month a persons boosted good would come up every 9 months instead of just over 2 months and greatly slow down the rate of collection for the other items.

A person not in a fellowship can create their own and not invite anyone, they are not likely to cross many reward levels but they may get some.

Low level towns require tier 1 goods, coins and supplies for tournaments and then tier 2 goods. A slight tweak in town design can make these towns very capable in catering tournaments. That early on they are best to focus on boost tournaments unless fellowship is assisting them with goods for other tournaments.

DeletedUser6085

This would be a wonderful idea, if someone would please tell me how to convince my FS members to fight instead of trying to negotiate everything. I try to cover as many trades as I possibly can. With negotiating tournaments, it's totally impossible and driving me nuts. :confused:

SimplyNoble

As a lower level player I find it kind of discouraging that there is really no possible way for me to complete all six rounds. I do my two or three provinces, depending on whether it is my boosted good and trade to support other members of the fellowship with it is their boost. I find that really I can't handle more than that at my current level. Today is the last day of the tourney and I have gotten to level three. I think 16 hours between rounds is too long.

DeletedUser1791

If you can only progress to level 3 it's nothing to worry about at this time. You're doing what you can to support the FS and you get to share in the rewards. If you were in my FS I'd be glad you were putting in the effort, I'm sure your fellow players appreciate it.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Was a huge spike in particiaption this tournament. Unsure if silk is easier then other provinces, auto-fight was winning in round 6 so ....

Number of people who achieved 17600 (6x6)
ServerPlanksScrollsSilk
Beta?1128
EN141230
EN261129
US151121
US251015
US33619
US431019
US52613
Total servers2877174

Number of people on a server needed to reach 440K
ServerScrollsSilk
Beta2616
EN12416
EN22617
US12717
US23020
US33121
US43017
US53524

I noticed at least one fellowship had a lot of people in the top achievers so unsure if a fellowship did achieve a blueprint this time.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I found this tourney way easier then the scrolls (which is one of my boost), I auto fought my way to level 5 on 6 provinces, without much for losses, wish my boosts where as easy as this one. I also wish they would lower the time between rounds, I am not going to use diamonds or wake up in the middle of the night to do a round of tourneys, come on Inno give us a break already!

dikke ikke

For me the timing is ok. It starts at 19.00 on Tuesday, I can do 6 battles in autofight, Wednesday I can do 6 battles again at lunchtime in autofight, Thursday is key, there I do 6 battles in autofight before 0800 and 6 battles in autofight before midnight. That gives me Friday afternoon from 16.00 to fight manual 6 fights and Saturday to see how many I can pushe to the last level

DeletedUser2424

I'm in the #1 ranked fellowship in Khelonaar... collective score of 4.95M.
We managed to get 8 chests open this round. (we got 6 for the scrolls).

Just to put this into better perspective (I don't mean to brag)... our fellowship is stacked. Our average score is 196k. Our closest fellowship rival is at 3.2M total points.
We put a pretty solid effort in and our scores are below.

Now, certainly we have a few players that couldn't really participate... but like based on 25 peoples schedules it's nearly impossible to get 25 people to not have a week here and there... One of our participants had a son this week for example... And even we didn't really come anywhere near the points needed for a blueprint. We were only 57% of the way since the points needed for the last two chests are so significant.

Now, despite not getting a blueprint... We're actually really happy with the rewards... we got 50kp and a bunch of other goodies... But, I'm just pointing out that if a stacked group where the average player has a score of 196k can't get it... it's basically unattainable.

--------

253694 Total or 57% to opening 10 chests.

Thistleknot

Just looked at the rewards for the tourney. We did great! We had 21 participants and unlocked 5 checkpoints. We should have gotten 6 relics, 15 KP, 2 spells, and 3 runes. I noticed that I did not get the runes. I talked with others in my fellowship and it looks like no one got the runes for a reward. I put in a ticket. I suggest that everyone double checks the rune rewards for their tourney.

Update: I just got a reply back from the Support Team. Apparently I did get the rune rewards, which were:
1 Flying Academy
1 Enar's Embassy
1 Dwarven Bulwark

However when I was hovering over the chest rewards, it showed that I got the following:
1 Mountain Halls
1 Heroes' Forge
1 Endless Excavation

So there is still a bug, but at least I got some runes.o_O

Last edited: