• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I did worse this tournie in regards to cost/rewards than the previous ones with only 4-5 neighbors participating.

That level of neighbourly participation would be the exception not the rule, you must have a really good neighbourhood, which is great.

so did any Fellowships gain a blueprint? if so how many?
If you look at the table above I would say no. With an average of 11 people on a server getting the 17,600 points for an equal fellowship participation those who got over that would have needed a massive score to carry those who did not achieve it. It will be interesting to see if the next tournament has as high a participation now people can see how improbable it is to achieve the highest reward.

Edit: Another way to look at it is add the points from the highest ranked player down and see how many people it took to get to 440K points, if it takes more then 25 people then definitely no one got it. That would also give an idea of probability to see how many people each week it takes to get that many points

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I just checked on Khelonaar and Winy:
in order to get a blueprint the top 30 players would have to join forces into one giant Uber FS on each server.

I got curious, my maths was a little differnt to yours for Khelonaar, granted my eyes got blurry looking at all the numbers.

This is the number of people by server that it took to achieve 440,000, read this in conjunction with the table above (in spoiler for convenience) on individuals who achieved the 17,600+ score. Note EN1 is the winner as the only server reaching 440K points in 25 people or less :eek::rolleyes:

ServerScrolls
Beta26
EN124
EN226
US127
US230
US331
US430
US535

ServerPlanksScrollsSilk
Beta?11
EN1412
EN2611
US1511
US2510
US336
US4310
US526
Total servers2877

One should note we have no pre-update data so we have no comparison for if this is abnormally high/low or consistent. Anecdotally there appeared to be much more tournament activity on all servers this week so it is probable this is higher then normal.

Edit: Changed US4 from 29 to 30, I trust ya Soggy:cool:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
e8tjea.jpg
Maybe I made a recording error?

DeletedUser5747

GZ zone has little bearing on tournaments, it effect is more in relation to cater costs as a function of scouted provinces.

You can obtain the last round of the tournament without using diamonds to refresh and many people have done this in the past. Whether or not you can do this depends very much on:
  • Do you value your sleep?
  • Will you be fired for playing games at work?
  • Do you have other personal/social habits that make it difficult to be available at the designated time?
  • Timezone - more in relation to tournament start/finish time and your sleep habits.
  • How much you value getting to round 6 based on how much the above impacts you.
The good news is if you can't make it to round 6 and don't need relics you can stop at round 3/4 unless supporting fellowship for extra points. But that then makes the issue of group prizes even more costly and questionable for value.
LOL this was very much to my liking, thank you. All to which I will take into consideration.

DeletedUser5561

I am extremely disappointed with the new tournaments. I absolutely blew through resources and only got to clear just shy of 200 tournament points. Dozens of hours of troop production and money and supplies spent for what? Three relics. Three. Relics. I'm in the middle of chapter 4, I'm upgrading my Planks, I can't spend a whole lot on tournaments. That was the case last week, though, and I was still able to participate much more in that tournament. I'm super bummed. Tournaments shouldn't be THIS HARD. Please, bring them down a notch.

I DO like the part about getting to participate with my fellowship members. They're my people, and it's fun working together. It's just too hard though.

DeletedUser2870

@Wynndex
Same thoughts all through my fellowship.
Even my main world, where all our players are ranked between 70 and 150 on the worldrank we only just managed to get to checkpoint 5!
And that blew so many troops and resources for so many members, for such small rewards, whichbthen partially were negated because the kps were dumped during sleeptime, so the bar was filled and we lost out on the hourly kps that it is aig disaster.
None is wiling to put in such effort again for this.

This kind of thing doesnt have to be easy, but making it freaking impossible is just one more way of discouraging players. And for one member it was the last straw after all the changes last time and he just quit in disgust.
Personally Im on the brink as well. If they keep up messing up the game Im out of here.

DeletedUser3297

It is impossible to get the blueprint without spending diamonds and the entire point of the blueprint is to upgrade without diamonds...

Most people cannot get to 6 stars because of their work schedule. That means, they have to push out further and do more provinces to 4 and 5 star. But here is a serious problem in doing this. The costs skyrockets the further you go out with a diminishing return. It is much better to complete less provinces to a higher level that it is to do more to a lower level. It really makes the rewards past the 6th chest not worth the effort. Getting to only 6 chests is only doable if you have a very active fellowship that can bring in a score of 4,500 each, iirc??

But more to the point... If you follow Innogames guidelines on scouting, you end up with a very small world map. This means that the number of tournament provinces you can do is severely limited based on chapter. This is because tournament provinces can only be found on top of their corresponding "conquered" relic province. So if you have not completed the province, you will not get a tournament province on top of it.

I did as many tournament provinces as the game would let me, which is 14 for the end of Dwarves, start of Fairies. The costs for many of those provinces will greatly exceed the value of most of the rewards.

The tournaments seem to be heavily weighted against the players, so much so that it is not worth going after the fellowship chests. Individual province rewards are still worth it to an extent, but if you are within the GZ, don't even think about trying to get a blueprint because you never will...

In the goldilocks zone, all tournament encounters completed:
Y7CkBuY.png

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
lol don't know why they even bothered to bring them into existence, if they are impossible to get they might as well just get rid of them IMO.
They shouldn't have brought them out with the only use being diamond building upgrades in the first place. They should have waited until there was a another use for them in place other than that, and they need to make it possible to get them or they might as well just get rid of them as everyone will have to upgrade with diamonds anyway!
I call BS on this one, not sure if Inno has a clue, this was a waste of time and effort on their part. All they have done is piss everyone off. I can't even believe that they didn't see how this was going to turn out!!

Edit : Ok @lyapo , lets just say they pissed a lot of players off, and it is becoming somewhat of a habit! It didn't piss me off at first as I have no diamond residences, but a few in my fellowship do and it was frustrating for them to have a carrot dangled in front of there face only to have it turn out to be an illusion, it is them players I am upset for.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1791

If the top prize requires each of the 25 fellowship members to reach 17,600 points it'd be difficult to find that many devoted players. I'm regularly hitting that mark, anywhere from 12-23k depending on my schedule. But I can see it'd be hard to round up that many into one fellowhip.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If the top prize requires each of the 25 fellowship members to reach 17,600 points it'd be difficult to find that many devoted players. I'm regularly hitting that mark, anywhere from 12-23k depending on my schedule. But I can see it'd be hard to round up that many into one fellowhip.

Considering on the 7 servers I checked only 1 had 25 or less people who could obtain the reward I would say near impossible to get them all in one fellowship. That server was not a US server, maybe the next tournament will be better but I suspect involvement will start to reduce soon as it was at a high last tournament (subjectively).