• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Failed fellowship adventure event -

Do you think a game prize apology is in order considering the major screw up of the failed FA event?

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser6368

It seems people wasted a lot of time and rearranged their land for this failed event. They have agreed to refund diamonds spent... I think pulling the event was the best choice and running it again without addressing a single concern from beta and the other forums was a gross mistake, but it was also a significant waste of our time.

I think an apology gift is in order. What do you think?

I wasted a couple hours in the game and then just trying to get information and feedback was also a huge waste of time.

I think at least 3 hours of instants is in order... What do you think?
That is what I did, got myself prepared for the event, built up supply and goods buildings, well I won't be selling those anytime soon.

Thistleknot

I answered no because I think it's a perfect example of entitlement to imagine that we are owed compensation for delays in a game that is in active development.

I agree with Ashrem. There is no reason for Inno to give us anything. If you decided to build a bunch of buildings in preparation for something that didn't happen, well you have now have a bunch of buildings that you don't have to build later. It's inconvenient that you prep for something that didn't happen right away, but now you are prepared well in advance when they do decide to do the FA again.

As far as tourneys go, I don't see why people think they are worthless. While I don't need the relics as much, the extra KP, runes, broken shards and spells are always useful. Whether it's goods or troops, the cost for me is worth the extra that I get.

Laochra

upload_2017-9-22_17-22-17.jpeg
Since we can't get any cake from Soggy....this will have to do!!

There was a request for chocolate cake earlier....here ya go!!!

images

efdedd

Are you not able to do the FA if you have a fellowship of one?

If not, my friend''s account has been inactive for months, and if you want to invite her I can ask her to log in long enough to accept. If she doesn't have a city in the right place, I have mostly dead cities on several worlds you can invite (they won't go away, probably because I usually have a diamond balance).PM me if you care and I'll set it up.
Thanks Ashrem. I did read a post from a player that stated he played the FA in his FS of one. Really don't care if I play it again, unless the rewards are worth the time & effort involved.

DeletedUser1016

My guess is that the next FA won't happen for at least another four [4] weeks since they are probably going to release the new Fall Event sometime next week. The fall event went to Beta yesterday, so they've released the others live about one [1] week later. I understand that the two can't be active at the same time, so that's probably why they rushed this second FA into the "pipeline", trying to squeeze another one in before the Fall Event goes live.

.....That's my guess, anyone else think this is reasonable? If so, best just to get rid of all the temp-buildings for the FA and start preparing for the Fall Event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You know, if a movie studio or a TV network, or even a book publisher had pulled this crap on it's patrons, they'd be dropping letters, organizing in protest, and they'd be out of business in a month. I used to work at a Wal-Mart SuperCenter before I got too disabled, and when video games came out, if they were TWO MINUTES late, you could hear the howls all the way across the store.
Why are WE expected not only to put up with it, but ignore the time we spent preparing for an event that didn't happen on time, and now looks NOT to be happening at all?
Interesting theory, except that movie and television studio's and publishers delay things at the last minute and even pull things after release, all the time.

I worked in bookselling for 25 years, and it was a rare year that a book didn't have to be returned to the publisher after going on sale because of either legal issues, or printing errors.

DeletedUser3468

Are you not able to do the FA if you have a fellowship of one?

Yes, you can participate with a fellowship of one. I did in Elcysandir and finished up one point short of finishing the second map. It was absolutely insane! It was a fun challenge for me and, if I felt like trashing all the progress I've made and setting my city up specifically for the FA, I could probably even complete it. I'm not quite that crazy though! :p (playing in 6 worlds is crazy enough!)

And I vote NO. It was a minor inconvenience and a great relief to have the FA cancelled! It's fair that they are refunding diamonds to those players who spent them for the cancelled Adventure, but beyond that, no one is owed anything. These things happen... especially when they rush things out before they're really ready.

My guess is that the next FA won't happen for at least another four [4] weeks since they are probably going to release the new Fall Event sometime next week. The fall event went to Beta yesterday, so they've released the others live about one [1] week later. I understand that the two can't be active at the same time, so that's probably why they rushed this second FA into the "pipeline", trying to squeeze another one in before the Fall Event goes live.

.....That's my guess, anyone else think this is reasonable? If so, best just to get rid of all the temp-buildings for the FA and start preparing for the Fall Event.

Actually after looking at the quest list for the Fall Event, I would suggest that if you added T1 non boosted factories that you leave at least 2 of each as you are going to need them for some of the sequential quests and we can always use extra workshops for special events like this... unless you really like trying to do huge numbers of productions with only 10 or less. (remember I play 6 cities so it can get pretty intense if I'm doing the Events in all of them!;))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3468

@Iaochra, yes, they are a great source of information on the upcoming Fall event. That was the first place I saw that we would need to hold on to some of the non boosted T1 factories. I've been advising my Fellowships and referring them to Gems of Knowledge.

SassKatt

I think a gift with a value of about 10 to 25 cents is pretty much an insult. And how do they decide who deserves it? All 5 million accounts? Only the accounts that modified their play to accommodate the event? What about people with multiple cities who put in some effort in some cities but not in others? Are they getting 25 diamonds per city? Are they going to email me a 16 digit code to enter in to get the diamonds?

I think the effort involved in deciding who deserves 25 diamonds and how to figure that out and how to distribute them would be a waste.

A lot of game companies, A Thinking Ape (ATA) for one awards everyone a single health crystal for an unexpected game downtime or X number of special event tokens when there are screw-ups. Think it is only fair we should be rewarded when they screw up and we have put effort into getting ready.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Think it is only fair we should be rewarded when they screw up
I'm not averse to them deciding to do it. I'm only averse to people thinking they deserve it. Inno is providing a game and letting us play it for free if we want. They have offered to compensate anyone who spent diamonds during the failed launch, which is reasonable, since those people invested cash in the event. If people feel like playing the game is an effort, I'd suggest they probably should consider their choices, since playing a game should be fun, not effort.