• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Bellspire/Lighthouse Chages

Thistleknot

I almost feel bad that I missed this beginning of this conversation. Let me state that I agree with everyone here that the changes to the BS/CL are horrible. I used the word "neutered" when I was chatting with my fellowship. The potential impact to me is that I could get close to 49K goods if I visited all of my fellowship and my neighbors. Now I can only get a maximum of 7800 good or so. This is a pretty big hit even though I do not visit all 200+ neighbors every day. I am guessing that if you collect all three chests, then you will receive all three boosted goods. I plan on watching that over the next few days. As far as getting the chests, I regularly get all three chests before I finish the first page of aiding my fellowship. Getting the chests should not be an issue for people provided that you do your aiding at around the same time every day.

Now on to responding to everyone.

Harte, you asked "How do you plan if you don't know the changes coming up?" You plan just like you always have - based on the information at hand. This is no different than how you plan for real life. Do you really know in advance that the beach vacation that you plan for will get rained on everyday that you're there? You just have to deal with the changes as they come.

Trent9999, you stated that you would be stopping all of your neighborly visits. Why? Was your only motivation for doing visits the additional goods that you got from doing the visits? I agree that the additional goods are nice, but you still get coin and possibly supplies from assisting others. And what did you do before you built the BS/CL? I suppose that in chapters 1 to 4, you never aided any of your neighbors? Just asking.

Zeroe/Soggy, the battling back and forth on which AW is better than the other got tiresome fast. I realize that each of you has a different play style and opinion of things. I'm not taking sides here and I am not telling you that you can't express an opinion. I just think things got a little heated and blown out of proportion.

A few people said that this change would mean that you had to spend money on the game. Why? If you are relying on the BS/CL to provide all of your goods, then you have a skewed outlook on production. This was a nice supplement that has been taken away, but if you truly need those goods, a single manufactory for each tier should cover the loss. This does take up more space, but you can gain all of that over time if you have the patience. It is an immediate hit, but you can recovery from it. And you don't have to spend money unless you feel that you can't go on if you don't immediately fix the situation yourself.

I do hope they will consider fixing the BS/'CL, but I know that is not realistic. I am not selling it, because there are still benefits even if they are not as good as they once were.

DeletedUser7367

@Brooster You've spent a thousand bucks on a free-to-play game? :eek:

Sorry, I should have said.

YOU'VE spent A thousand BUCKS on a free-TO-play game?
Over a year PLUS?? Not that hard to fathom... yes. Those who did and 'fudge' their answers? Oh well..... but yes..... between my wife and I?? 14 months? do the math, it's not that much per month.. It's the EFFORT suddenly expunged by INNO that hurts most!

DeletedUser7367

I could not agree more. The only way to make up the loss in goods acquired/day is to build more manus...need more pop...need to buy magic residences. As we all know, Inno is in it for the money, what they have failed to realize is...by whittling away at the high level Aw's of the long term players, they may very well loose the long term players. The big time diamond buyers are the long term players. Listen up Inno...you are stepping on toes here.
Not alone, not giving up.....INNO totally tooled us. simple fact.

Risen Malchiah

I am guessing that if you collect all three chests, then you will receive all three boosted goods. I plan on watching that over the next few days.
My first day after the change was implemented, I got 2 chests with planks and 1 chest with scrolls. So you can luck out and get all Tier 3, or you can get all Tier 1. That's another aspect of this that isn't that great. With the old system, having the goods distributed amongst the visits produced a more even distribution once you did enough visits.

By they way, I appreciate your post which addressed multiple issues and helped put us back on track. It's clear that you read through the entire thread.

DeletedUser7367

My first day after the change was implemented, I got 2 chests with planks and 1 chest with scrolls. So you can luck out and get all Tier 3, or you can get all Tier 1. That's another aspect of this that isn't that great. With the old system, having the goods distributed amongst the visits produced a more even distribution once you did enough visits.

By they way, I appreciate your post which addressed multiple issues and helped put us back on track. It's clear that you read through the entire thread.
Sorry to be direct.... .'back on track'????? How about the term VIOLATED.... 'twould be far more appropriate.

DeletedUser3468

I still remember when the Lighthouse was giving only 7 or 8 goods per visit. They changed it to make it better... more valuable to us. Now they've totally destroyed the value: first by only allowing three visits to give us rewards... yes, they are greater amounts but they don't make up for getting what we were getting for every visit prior to the last change; secondly they have put the rewards in the blasted chests that we have to search out and open and then the goods inside don't register until the next person we visit. Talk about confusing! I am probably one of the people this change was aimed at, not because I visit a bazillion neighbors and was getting a humongous amount of goods but because I really, really HATE looking for the stupid chests that had nothing I really needed most of the time. (the exception being when I either was hoping for relics or PoP spell for event quests) Now if I want my bonus goods, I have to waste time searching out the chests.

btw: the other reason I used to like these 2 AWs is that it made visiting even neighbors and Fellowship members who didn't visit me a bit more worthwhile. Not anymore! Now it just feels like a total waste of time since most cities, I don't need the extra coins. :rolleyes:

Thistleknot

Sorry to be direct.... .'back on track'????? How about the term VIOLATED.... 'twould be far more appropriate
Brooster,
We understand. We are all unhappy with the change. I've been playing for about 2 years now. This is a dynamic game and is regularly changing. Many of the changes have made people very upset; some have even quit. Some, like me, roll with the punches and keep on going. I will continue to play the game as long as I am entertained. I hope that you do the same.

This makes that change even worse than I suspected. Being random with 200 visits is not a big deal. There's a better chance of things evening out. A random chance on 3 chests is just throwing salt on an open wound. I really wish I understood how this balances the game. Unless you have a huge neighborhood and did visits every day to each neighbor, how would the old benefit bring the game out of balance? Even then, that is probably the exception and not the rule.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I still remember when the Lighthouse was giving only 7 or 8 goods per visit. They changed it to make it better... more valuable to us.

So we based our strategy on it and invested resources in it then they ****** us.

That's right mods I said " ****** us "
I know you love worrying more about my vague punctuation marks more than doing anything useful.
Like maybe finally announcing those contest winners from 4 months ago.

DeletedUser7367

This is my first time posting on the forums but for a good reason. The changes to Bellspire/Lighthouse are terrible. I went from earning 30k goods a day from neighbor visits to earning approx. 6k goods a day. Tournament players will need to find a way to increase their goods intake now. How will they do that? Add more manufacturers? Yes, then they will need to add more residences, magic ones of course because as well know how expensive they are on population. Your other option is to spend a ton of money on over priced expansions.
Who does this hurt most? In my opinion it will be all my neighbors that stop getting my visits. 6k goods is not worth my time or effort. Inno spoke of making the AW's more powerful, they did an awesome job at that. Now it is taken away from Bellspire/LH. Which AW is next for nerfing? I am in three large FS's and not one person said they would continue with neighbor visits. The general consensus was to sell it or "If i get a chest during FS helps great, if not, so be it." I think the developers need to re-think this decision.
Apparently I'm not alone with my 'conjecture'... We have LITERALLY been robbed......

DeletedUser7738

Every online game has come to this over the past 5 years, every single one: chipping away at the player benefits in favour of the company profits. You're deluding yourself if you think Inno is going to roll back this change to GBT/CL. The Inno devs are only acting out a plan long since developed, like other producers: loaves of bread are smaller, but cost more; bigger packaging smaller contents; new thinner this, new bite-size that ... all in an effort to give you less and charge you more. In Inno's case, hope you'll spend more because you are so addicted to the game(s). Oh people will squawk, complain, bitch & moan, threaten, swear a blue streak, but hey they'll still play! Good luck folks, try to enjoy what is left if you can or find a new source of addiction. As for us? We have simply pledged to quit buying diamonds and see how far we can get ... maybe in 5 years we'll be in the Halfling chapter o_O:confused:

DeletedUser12234

This thread has certainly affected my decision of whether to build the CL. I do see why the players who invested in this AW are so upset at the change. What concerns me most, though, is that Inno could have made one *other* change along with the one to the AWs that would not only have removed the majority of this issue, likely to the point of a true "balance" or at least to an acceptable level of difference, but also actually increased the drive for ALL players, not just those with these AWs, to actually do NH visits. This would be to increase (or abolish) the cap on chests, while decreasing the odds for one to drop in each visit. Without any AWs affecting my chest drops, it is rare I don't get all 3 chests dropped within the first 5-6 NH visits. If the odds were more that it took the 30 visits to get the 3 chests, but you could get more chests by visiting above those 30, more players would visit outside their FS, and the goods benefit of the AWs would balance. Even if the chests dropped at a rate of 3 chests per 40-50 visits I think most players would accept the change as closer to an actual balancing with the (stated) upcoming change in NH system that should make it easier and faster to make the number of visits that bring in the sheer amount of goods.

DeletedUser7367

And gods forbid someone take LITERALLY 20 seconds out of their rant-time to fix a bad post.
My, your comebacks are rather despotic and downright cynical... sigh.

This thread has certainly affected my decision of whether to build the CL. I do see why the players who invested in this AW are so upset at the change. What concerns me most, though, is that Inno could have made one *other* change along with the one to the AWs that would not only have removed the majority of this issue, likely to the point of a true "balance" or at least to an acceptable level of difference, but also actually increased the drive for ALL players, not just those with these AWs, to actually do NH visits. This would be to increase (or abolish) the cap on chests, while decreasing the odds for one to drop in each visit. Without any AWs affecting my chest drops, it is rare I don't get all 3 chests dropped within the first 5-6 NH visits. If the odds were more that it took the 30 visits to get the 3 chests, but you could get more chests by visiting above those 30, more players would visit outside their FS, and the goods benefit of the AWs would balance. Even if the chests dropped at a rate of 3 chests per 40-50 visits I think most players would accept the change as closer to an actual balancing with the (stated) upcoming change in NH system that should make it easier and faster to make the number of visits that bring in the sheer amount of goods.
Mardlion.....for those of us with 267 provinces, a lvl 6 Lighthouse? This is 'game dev' thievery of the highest order. Their three paltry chests are under one TENTH of what I gained daily by visiting neighbors.... The thrill is gone.... as are anymore Diamond Purchases. I don't coddle deceit.

And gods forbid someone take LITERALLY 20 seconds out of their rant-time to fix a bad post.
Perhaps you should focus on your signature.... en Francais..... Ceux sont les cartes would be proper syntax. Bug off, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1996

I`m just going to be like one of those scratch DVD or CD`s -The one`s that keeps repeating over and over.
"This Change was Just plain STUPID and THOUGHTLESS for us players and I mean for the large majority of us. Clearly only to benefit INNO`s needs and greed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Perhaps you should focus on your signature.... en Francais..... Ceux sont les cartes would be proper syntax. Bug off, mate.
Holy cow! No all-caps words?

I'm not talking about these cards here, I'm talking about those cards there.

DeletedUser7367

I`m just going to be like one of those scratch DVD or CD`s -The one`s that keeps repeating over and over.
"This Change was Just plain STUPID and THOUGHTLESS for us players and I mean for the large majority of us. Clearly only to benefit INNO`s needs and greed.
Brother you nailed the issue like no other! I am certain, at least for the most part, that two or three who 'give me negative PERSONAL' feedback are either paid shills for INNO or simply have taken their 'raison d-etre' to levels equating to P*ssing in other people's Cheerios. It doesn't get any simpler than that. I don't need to defend myself from cretins who prop up a greedy game dev's stance. Simply will not put up with it, mate! :)

DeletedUser7367

Holy cow! No all-caps words?

I'm not talking about these cards here, I'm talking about those cards there.
LOL..... plural, mate.... cartes is plural..... the adjective needs to follow suit. Or is that a Canadian or Franglais version of writing? smdh

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I really wish I understood how this balances the game. Unless you have a huge neighborhood and did visits every day to each neighbor, how would the old benefit bring the game out of balance?

You will probably find the balance is more in the mechanics. When one player gains 1000 goods and another 30,000 goods how do you determine the true power of this wonder. Do you make the goods quantity low (like it was originally) and expect people to visit lots and lots of people or do you make it high and expect few visits. Either way it distorts very easily for a lot of players in one fashion or another. By reducing the number of times you get the reward limits the range in goods that be gained so it is easier to determine the correct amount. In this case 3 chests is only a handful visits which is also a huge time saver to reach max benefit.

This thread has certainly affected my decision of whether to build the CL. I do see why the players who invested in this AW are so upset at the change. What concerns me most, though, is that Inno could have made one *other* change along with the one to the AWs that would not only have removed the majority of this issue, likely to the point of a true "balance" or at least to an acceptable level of difference, but also actually increased the drive for ALL players, not just those with these AWs, to actually do NH visits. This would be to increase (or abolish) the cap on chests, while decreasing the odds for one to drop in each visit.

Why would they do something like that which would be equivalent to doing nothing? Better to make no change in the first place and save thousands of dollars in developers time and player angst.

Clearly only to benefit INNO`s needs and greed.

Nope, it benefits me greatly and any other player who values their time to get the max benefit of this wonder in minimal time verse however long it took them previously based on neighbours and computer/internet speed.