• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tired of everything getting bigger and bigger

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Check out fatogre #8 in E world.
Quite impressive. It's hard to tell how many diamonds spent, but I can see a level 5 builder and MA as well as the max expansions. I would also say that with just 1 level 24 T4 that it is almost impossible to have already finished chapter 12 without buying your way through most of it.
I'm pretty quick with the tech tree, and while I'm sure there are some players faster than I am, I'm confident that no one is that much faster without help.
I'm not even sure if enough time has passed to get all of the seeds needed for T4 productions, techs, buildings etc.

DeletedUser3507

Magic buildings save space that can better used for other things , like culture and lots of factories, we that use them out perform those who don't because we have the pop to do them, which means more goods

And as @SoggyShorts says we pay for your game..

DeletedUser9551

@Rop1964 On the other hand I have 4 armories, barracks, training ground & mercenary camp for military. I also have all AW, 7 planks, 7 silk, 7 gems & 3 moonstone. IDK if you have magic buildings or regular but I have 37 magic houses & 12 magic workshops. Plus I have finished placing the Elementals settlement. That takes all available expansions and a bunch of work to rearrange when I have to but I like it :)

oops! Not gems, dust

i have 1 magic factory, and 3 houses, all at level 1 or 2.. everything else is normal... and i consider myself a free player (not buying tons of diamonds).

SoggyShorts

i have 1 magic factory, and 3 houses, all at level 1 or 2.. everything else is normal... and i consider myself a free player (not buying tons of diamonds).
Yup, that's close enough to being a free player that you won't have enough room to sustain a full military, all of those factories and still have much room for guest races.
On the plus side you get to make choices that matter which can be fun:)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just realized, he has zero mana buildings. Even with a level 9 dragon abbey, that is a buttload of spells to get the 6 million mana for techs plus any productions.

OK I looked at his kingdom when he was still in the chapter and he did have more than 1 T4. Probably nuked for the FA. And yes he is able to generate that much mana. He is always top player in tournaments so has a zillion spells so I know when we were in #3 FS and both in Halflings he got close to all of the mana he needed by using PoP spells to get them from the Dragon Abby. I know he also had some grape farms and Libraries which he probably nuked for Elementals and/or the FA. Anyway, my point was to encourage those who don't spend many diamonds so they don't have magic buildings :)

Adding, you are forgetting that some players had millions of mana stockpiled in the long time between Halflings & Elementals. I'm thinking I had 2 1/2 - 3 million mana and I wasn't even trying to stockpile.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2522

This is crazy, Soggy is 100% correct.
@LavenderMeadows if you are short on space why are you in Halflings and still have a city full of giant low culture Dwarf Buildings??
That's not Inno's fault.

This is crazy, Soggy is 100% correct.
@LavenderMeadows if you are short on space why are you in Halflings and still have a city full of giant low culture Dwarf Buildings??
That's not Inno's fault.

Uh, because I like the buildings and since it is my kingdom, I should be able to have what I want and not forced to have a bunch of crap I don't want. My original point is and remains, buildings don't have to grow to the size of an expansion each, it is ridiculous and not necessary. But that is MY opinion, you are not required to share it.

SoggyShorts

buildings don't have to grow to the size of an expansion each, it is ridiculous and not necessary.
We do get more space as we progress, and buildings get more efficient, if they didn't get bigger as well, then the game would become much easier every chapter.
But that is MY opinion, you are not required to share it.
Opinions are not sacrosanct. You are always entitled to have one, but no one is entitled to not have thiers challenged or questioned.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Opinions are not sacrosanct. You are always entitled to have one, but no one is entitled to not have thiers challenged or questioned.

Wow @SoggyShorts High & mighty much? You sound like somebody who visits somebody else's house and bad mouths everything nice they have because if not a survival necessity things are a waste of money. I would see zero reason to play this or any other city builder game if I couldn't have the nice things I like even if they are not utilitarian. Bottom line is that whether anybody agrees with you or not, if they are frustrated they are frustrated. That does not have to be defended since that is completely the other person's feelings. If all there was to this game was a constant unreasonable challenge to fit anything the player likes into their kingdom then they might as well just do jigsaw puzzles.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wow @SoggyShorts High & mighty much?
Maybe, like others, he's just tired of people who show up and state their opinions as though they are pearls of wisdom cast before the rest of us swine by an aspect of the divine.*

Opinions are perfectly fine things to have. If we want to share them in public, we should expect to have them challenged by people with different opinions.

* That's not aimed at any particular user, but at the aggregate of what gets expressed on the forums (like others) day after day.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Maybe, like others, he's just tired of people who show up and state their opinions as though they are pearls of wisdom cast before the rest of us swine by an aspect of the divine.

Yup. That is exactly my point. Soggy is sadly getting to sound more & more like it should be his way or any other way is somehow inferior. I just hate to see people belittled and that is what it has started sounding like to me.

SoggyShorts

@Deborah M

I find it to be ridiculous when someone says "Well that's just my opinion" as if that means you can no longer discuss the issue and must accept what they are saying.
If they had said "I would have more fun with more space" and left it at that, then fine, there's no arguing that.
But they didn't.
They said "buildings don't have to grow to the size of an expansion each, it is ridiculous and not necessary."
That is a statement that no longer falls under the umbrella of protection given to people's feelings.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Deborah M

I find it to be ridiculous when someone says "Well that's just my opinion" as if that means you can no longer discuss the issue and must accept what they are saying.
If they had said "I would have more fun with more space" and left it at that, then fine, there's no arguing that.
But they didn't.
They said "buildings don't have to grow to the size of an expansion each, it is ridiculous and not necessary."
That is a statement that no longer falls under the umbrella of protection given to people's feelings.

I grant you that. I just stop to think how frustrated that person must have been to even start a thread that seems obvious to me that they need to vent on a forum. "Facts" can be entirely correct but still be wielded in a way that is not nice. It can be really frustrating to have to sell off some or all of your favorite things in a game no matter how impractical those items are to the big picture. If you act like a grown up in real life you have to be practical on an almost constant basis. That makes it pretty disheartening sometimes when you have to turn all practical in a game you are playing to take a break from real life.

DeletedUser16631

I just started building two weeks ago and am already bored with how slow the game is. I gave up fighting because you can't win due to the high numbers of opposing armies placed against you. I tried improving my buildings to the next level and was blocked by "get more culture." Well, I couldn't get more culture for nearly a week because I couldn't manufacture or mine that fast. A week later, I know, I finally got an expansion. I got as much culture as I could, but not the game is demanding that I get population to upgrade my buildings. Take all the roadblocks out of the way. Cut out the diamonds all together as I will not buy them. The fighting really sucks on this game. There is almost no action of any kind. No in game instructions of what to do. It took me three days to find out how to get the trader once I had earned it. Obviously communication is not this company's strong point. So many players are mad at the dev team. Fix the game, stop being so greedy, stop making everything so complex, start providing instructions to your game, or lose me and thousands of other players.

SoggyShorts

I grant you that. I just stop to think how frustrated that person must have been to even start a thread that seems obvious to me that they need to vent on a forum.
Indeed, and people do tend to appreciate sympathy more than suggestions. I've never been great with sympathy; if someone comes with a problem, the best I can do is give what I think are realistic solutions.
Not everyone appreciates this approach. If they did, they would come with posts like
"I don't have enough room for everything I want, can anyone offer advice?"
instead of
"There isn't enough room, this is game is broken"

There's even a rather (in)famous forum poster who complains about lack of space every chance he gets, but when I sent him a link for how he could free up eight entire expansions in his city, without removing any building larger than a 1x3, he still complains.:(

Even for complaints that I agree with, I figure there are only 2 possible fixes, either the player or the developer change something, and it is often faster for the player to do so. Many of the complaints aren't new, and the devs have made some things pretty clear in Q&A sessions, so when players complain about those things, I like to offer solutions based on how they can change since inno has stated that the game won't(or at least won't anytime soon)

A fine example is the post right after this, where I have no sympathy to give, but offer advice instead. Admittedly I went with as little snark as I can manage since the player is new to the forums;)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@MarksRoar
This is a slow game, perhaps best played for a few minutes at a time, a few times per day as are almost all games of this genre.

For instructions that the in game wiki and tutorial/quests do not supply, there is :
The beginners guide
@mykans guide to just about everything Elvenar
The Questions and Help section of these forums
and
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ a fansite with lots of great tips and info.

As for removing all of the roadblocks, I'm not sure it would be much of a game without them, and the diamonds pay for servers, artists and programmers, so I'm not sure how they could manage without them. It's also worth noting that many players never buy any diamonds and still manage to do quite well in the game.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yup. That is exactly my point. Soggy is sadly getting to sound more & more like it should be his way or any other way is somehow inferior. I just hate to see people belittled and that is what it has started sounding like to me.
I suspect that you are reading something that is not there. It's not unusual when we read a lot of information by a small number of posters that we start to get sensitive to their words and wish they'd back off. The danger there is that just because We've seen each others words a lot doesn't make them any more or less valuable to those who haven't seen them. Soggy presents to me as (in real life) someone who is driven to succeed, puts a lot of thought into the most effective paths to success, and is bothered by other people taking inefficient paths. That is his blessing and his curse. I don't read anything the slightest bit belittling, but as the frustration of someone who doesn't like to see other people waste their time. That can be doubly frustrating when someone expresses annoyance with the design of the tools because they're trying to use a pipe-wrench as a hammer and the pipe-wrench has been replaced by one that works on the new style of pipes but doesn't make as good a hammer.