• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Gkyr

Chef
Stop increasing (or stop using) these damn 'buy kp' quests. I hate this so much.
The price goes up every time you buy one. While your progressing through the game actively, thats not a problem. But those of us that are staying put, either by choice or because there at the end... Our resource production stays stagnant. Resources are stagnant while cost is ever increasing.
I personally do not buy kp to keep the costs down. The only time i buy them is for a damn quest. And even with me trying to stretch it out as long as i can.. the cost is catching up.
I understand the concern that escalating KP prices will ultimately bankrupt a player. This has never happened in the history of the game.
There is another concern: many players are most comfortable playing with a hoarder philosophy and they are most comfortable with a large surplus of goods and enchantments. They do not want to spend down their accumulation.
It might help if you read this thread: Advice on buying KP . Scroll down to SoggyShorts's post.
Also check out the thread Spending Coins.
If you put Soggy's contributions together from these two threads, he has been voluntarily buying 7 KP every day (while he was quite active) since 2016. He mentions that the cushion for coins is in the billions.
The concern about not progressing (he mentions and you mention) is a non-issue. We have so much coin-generating surplus (most of it in our inventories) that we all have to visit the wholesaler more than we would like to. That is where your complaint might fetch some agreement. Truly, just buy the coins and relax. You won't get stuck. Nobody has.

This one ill admit is mostly my own fault for not paying closer attention at each and every quest.
But any chance at making all these 'produce x amount of goods' quests, count all t1, t2, t3???
Its very annoying when when i get a produce goods quest and i collect all my goods and then realize they only want t1 and all my t2 and t3 didnt count. Again.. my fault perhaps.. but jsut letting the quests count all t1, t2, t3 would make things a lot more simple.
"Mastering" the events is getting harder and Inno seems to want it that way but anyone wishing to perform better during an event must plan. Going into an event without reviewing the quests is asking to be blindsided and there are always quest lists published in advance and the best of these, color coded, has been kindly crafted for each event by TomatoeHu that you may find here . Her spreadsheet has many helpful things on it, including a chart of the difference among basic, refined and precious goods, which are always accurately described in each quest.

Your troubles are over.
You're welcome.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I understand the concern that escalating KP prices will ultimately bankrupt a player. This has never happened in the history of the game.
Depends on how you define the currency of bankrupt i guess. I find it quite possible that my sanity, time, and patience will get bankrupts on this quest...
Right now, having only bought kp with coins for the quests, it would take me 11,436,000 coins to 'buy 16 kp'. My max storage is 9mil. And iv stayed put in this chapter for a couple years so far.
While its still manageable right now, every time the quest comes up it takes longer an longer because it becomes more expensive. Now, the quest showing up once in a while is one thing. But when get a buy kp quest 2 or 3 times in a day... it just makes me frustrated and annoyed.
And while yes, the option to just wait and collect coins is always there, its become a crappy option because of how the game/events are being ran these days. Its back to back to back events. Never any down time any more. One of the top reasons to try and run through all the quests as fast as possible now, isnt for some abuse of system, or bragging rights.. its because getting to that 'quest locked' screen means that we can finally take a breath and relax without have to worry about the never ending events. - So just sitting there waiting for more and more coins every single buy kp quest is theoretically an option.. it just increases anxiety on having to finish with less time and less down time to look forward to. And thats not good for trying to keep players around. And it certainly doesnt make me ever want to spend a dime here. So i find it a crappy option.

Its quickly getting to the point where the only option is the coin instants. And they wont last forever. I do all events, tourney, spire, fa, everything. Since im staying put in chapter progression im not rly building anything (spending coins) at all, so im not using the coin instants for anything other then this buy kp quest. That being said, i still only have 25 100%'s, and 7 50%'s. (and various small % amounts). - My next buy 16 kp quest will take 127% my max coins. Getting higher every time the quest shows up. Those instants wont hold out forever. This event we had 6 'buy kp' quests totaling 68 kp. And it seemes like its been getting higher from event to event.

Im not saying its an impossible quest at this point. But its certianly an annoying, anxeity filled, time consuimg one, that gets worse every time it shows up. This is the one i dread seeing the most. Even more then the quests form years ago that they removed already/added alternatives for. So i really think this needs removed/changed/add an alternative for. Some thing.
Maybe combine the buy/spend kp. 'Buy and/or spend 16 kp'. Ha.. that would be like winning the quest lottery at this point. But a guy can dream'

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Right now, having only bought kp with coins for the quests, it would take me 11,436,000 coins to 'buy 16 kp'. My max storage is 9mil.

End of chapter 19 and main hall holds 160 million coins. My cost for one KP right now is 6.8 million coins. That means I can buy about 23 KP on a full main hall. Between magic residences and all the event buildings and the golden abyss and visits to and from neighbors, I can probably go from 0 to 160 million coins in two days, so I am buying KP every other day, whether there is an event or not, because I never stop collecting the coins. And chapter 20 will be here soon with two more main halls levels, probably increasing the capacity to 200 million after both upgrades.

BrinDarby

Hey Inno ,
Why aren't total gems more visible, other than going 2 screens deep
just to check a player's progress ????

I see 2 easier places to include this information, player friendly too.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Depends on how you define the currency of bankrupt i guess. I find it quite possible that my sanity, time, and patience will get bankrupts on this quest...
Right now, having only bought kp with coins for the quests, it would take me 11,436,000 coins to 'buy 16 kp'
And buying those 16 KP will increase the cost of your next KP by 0.01%
If you buy 1248 KP (enough for 3 more years of events) and if you spread out your KP buying equally among T1,T2,T3, and KP then your next KP purchase will only 867,000 (a 22% increase) so you'll be fine for about a decade of staying in the same chapter.

Also, since you have unlocked Mainhall level 21 you can upgrade from 20 anytime you'd like and increase your coin capacity and the coins you get from visits by 15.5%

------------------------------------------------------
As for everyone who mentions "resetting" the cost of KP you effectively do that every time you advance.
For example, a chapter 9 city gains 28% more Mainhall capacity, 19% more coins from visits and 39% more from residences in chapter 10.

Last edited:

Gkyr

Chef
Hey Inno ,
Why aren't total gems more visible, other than going 2 screens deep
just to check a player's progress ????

I see 2 easier places to include this information, player friendly too.
Hi, Brin.

Your complaint is interesting, but completely unclear to me as to what you are referring.
Why don't you start another thread under game suggestions so we can all contribute?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, getting back to the OP's strongly stated opinion, I'm of the mind that whatever you are doing, if it gets' frustrating, you have at least three options: 1) learn to do it better...( a lot of work may be involved here); 2) stop trying to do it; or 3) get those making it difficult to make it easier. The first option is, I think, what most people do...to a point. The second is okay but most people feel a bit cheated if they are trying to do something and find it much harder than expected to the point that they feel forced to not do it. In that case, the third option is usually their choice.

Now the third option of making it easier is and option. Unfortunately, I think, it involves a lot more than just expressing your displeasure. After all you are trying to motivate somebody to do something...which means you are only going to succeed if you find a way to make them want to do it. In this case that amounts to showing Inno some specific changes which will improve the satisfaction of the player and improve profit enough to justify the expense. This is an extremely tall order and, in reality, there may be no way to achieve it as Inno has, no doubt, already done a lot of analysis on how their customer base responds and is responding to this new format. In fact, if you were able to do the same analysis you would probably reach the same result or pretty close to it.

Thus, in the end, in reality you will need to learn to play it better or not play it at all, options 1 and/or 2. That you can express your displeasure is okay and hopefully somewhat therapeutic. Other than that, I doubt much will happen in the direction of making it easier.

AJ

Pollyjack

I realized today that I will not be able to get all the buildings in the set.
Unless, or course, I buy a bunch more dwarven coins.
The offers for discounts have expired.
I am bummed.

:(

Smooper

I also find the way slow going. I mostly have saved coins from doing quests and I haven't played the board game much but the bit I played was a lot of clicking to just get pieces to then get a few gems/rubies. I find most of the events to be out of my reach ( I don't like clickety click clicking for the sake of clicking). I would rather spend the time working through the chapters and while I am doing that play the tourney and spire. Every other thing is just extra and usually no time for it. A year and 4 months ago I got my first fully evolved building by playing an event and have not got another since then. I have a fully evolved brown bear and fire phoenix but those were from the Magic Academy.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I wanna know what the "Buddy Fan Club" is and....depending on what it is, I want to know if I can be a member!!! ;)
We'd love to have you! We seek justice for Buddy in the fact that mistwalkers and other enemies "cheat" and they don't take damage when they should. The bug is confirmed and being worked on, so I hear. There is more to the story, but Crackie already provided that link.

I also would like to see equal rights for Buddy so that she is more equal to priests. This male chauvinism in making male priests more powerful should stop. Girls can cast spells, too, and just as good ones. :)

If you want to join, ask Sir Squirrel to add Buddy to your signature or avatar or wherever. He'll do a great job for you ... he always does.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thank you, Darielle! I will contact Sir Squirrel to let me in...tomorrow. Late here and I'm bouncing off the walls....need sleep!!! :p

Thank you Ed! (Still bouncing off the walls.....neeed sllleeeep! But I wanted to thank you before going off to zzzzzzzzzz land! :) )
Awesome!

BrinDarby

@Gkyr ,
As this is a new event, and I dont play beta, this is the place
rather than suggestions, to offer playability/UI issues.....

1660450863918.png

Fig C/D are 2 clicks deep , I wish it was included in Fig A, or even Fig B....