• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Autumn Zodiac discussion

The Unbeliever

I currently feed by two brown bears once every 3 weeks. I was using 2 petfood a week on the Fire Phoenix, but now my TW is high enough that I will use 1 petfood on the Fire Phoenix per week and 1 petfood on the polar bear once every 2 weeks. Ashen phoenix gets fed during events, I plan on placing a second Ashan Phoenix that is only partially developed for this next event. I hope to get two Red Pandas and feed them both (twice) during the FAs. I can't see using petfood anywhere else. Not counting festivals or FAs, I average using about 2 petfood/week including the brown bear.
The frequency of Pet Food in the MA is entirely RNG-based, so if you are one of those lucky 'RNG blessed' individuals, it's not a problem... on the other hand, *I have* been on the receiving end of the 'RNG-screwed' side of things, and I can do multiple days without seeing a single Pet Food appear in my MA.
I recently had a day where I had fething 5x silk relics 3 times in a row!! Basically an entire day of just useless silk relics! (...and yes, my MA is absolutely timed properly so that I do not miss a single rotation)

The crafting is hot garbage and needs an overhaul IMHO, as it is far too swingy atm.
Removing some pointless recipes (especially the useless decos like the Unicorns & Winter Shrines), increasing the Relic/Pet Food/Artifact slots to 2, AND, give us a new tab that is like a 24hr 'shop' where we can outright buy a random selection of 6 different items using spell frags + vision vapors. :)

mikeledo

My observations are based on averages over 3 cities of playing. I average 1 each of the military buildings per week and that is missing cycles. Of course it is never 1 each in every city, just the over-all average. There are spells when I don't get any petfood for days and then other times it seems to come every other time.

OIM20

@Darth Lothlorien - I'm not sure if you're being serious. I'm 98 3/4 % sure @crackie was joking, making a sardonic comment about how the devs appear to give us a bonus (the extra % on event currency with the Ashen Phoenix, for example) and then turn it around to take something away from us (instead of 50 daily event currency - or even 45, now we only get 35 daily event currency).

@crackie's comment, the way I read it, was tongue-in-cheek. Because history is an excellent teacher, we have to wonder exactly what the devs are going to take away from us now. They gave us another set that makes CCs (though we did ask for that) and now an evolving building that makes VV when fed. So what will they do to make us suffer for the 'benevolence'?

Last edited:
@Darth Lothlorien - I'm not sure if you're being serious. I'm 98 3/4 % sure @crackie was joking, making a sardonic comment about how the devs appear to give us a bonus (the extra % on event currency with the Ashen Phoenix, for example) and then turn it around to take something away from us (instead of 50 daily event currency - or even 45, now we only get 35 daily event currency).

@crackie's comment, the way I read it, was tongue-in-cheek. Because history is an excellent teacher, we have to wonder exactly what the devs are going to take away from us now. They gave us another set that makes CCs (though we did ask for that) and now an evolving building that makes VV when fed. So what will they do to make us suffer for the 'benevolence'?
my apologies @OIM20; i've been WAY too jaded n scarred lately as a result from the devs, so at this point i'm gullible enough to believe anything negative i hear regarding the devs n game development...so unfortunately i was being serious due to my skepticism. but now that i know (and see) he was being sarcastic, which is how i usually am myself, that is hilarious tongue-in-cheek sardonic wit being thrown the devs way.

yeah, that whole 2% ashen phoenix bonus is a freaking joke...i've used it for 3 events now, completing the entire quest line each time (including the dailys of course), n all that bonus does is give enough event currency for 1 extra expensive chest...that's a joke, spending a pet food just for that, which is what this "bonus" VV is. at least for me, from a personal POV, i'm glad it sucks, b/c when bear artifacts were available during the spire, i wound up going 1-for-47 during that 6 week stretch, doing 2 stages/week, plus all 3 one of those weeks...so 6 weeks, 13 stages, n only 1 bear artifact.

n naturally, when i contacted CS n told them how their displayed chances for getting the artifacts were wrong, based on my results, of course they started throwing every BS excuse n telemarketing standard response back at me, telling me nothing's wrong n i was just unlucky. hell, even using the binomial equation that 1 of the CMs threw at me, i stood a better chance of getting SEVEN artifacts than the ONE i wound up getting, n yet they STILL wouldn't budge...or care. so at least this way i'll be able to get the last 3 bear artifacts i need doing their 2-for-1 artifact conversion recipes in the MA.

but yet, only doing 1 spire stage/week during the current gingerbread mansion run, i've somehow managed to get 4 of these artifacts, without wanting or needing them, as i don't have a mansion, n never will...n yet they wont even swap them for the bear ones i put in a ton of time, effort, n resources over...all heart these CS ppl are. it's like they think they're gods or something, like they're protecting national secrets, or gold reserves in the US Treasury; f'ing pathetic. n now they're getting so desperate they're actually trying to bait ppl into buying event grand prizes with real-world $$$??? r u freaking kidding me???!!!

n to answer anyone's question, hell yes, of course i'm obviously more than upset n jaded about this, n am done spending money on this game after spending ~$150 over the last year-n-a-half. they just lost a paying customer as far as i'm concerned.

(n yes, of course i have anger issues...who wouldn't after going 1-47 in the spire over the course of 6 weeks?)

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaMV

I have never had an event countdown timer. I want to know if others get one this time.
You may count youself lucky that you don't have one! It is this rather large and ugly blob that covers up a huge portion of the screen (and I am on PC) ~ hard enough already to see any reasonable amount of my city as it is. They could have made it 1/4 the size :rolleyes:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I really hope that the version for the live world is easier than the version for the beta world. I had an extremely difficult time with it.
It should be very similar. If you had a hard time with a certain part of it, perhaps someone here can give you some suggestions.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I really hope that the version for the live world is easier than the version for the beta world. I had an extremely difficult time with it.
Did you mention this on the beta forums? I followed that thread pretty closely and didn't see it. The devs won't change anything if they don't know there's an issue.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Did you mention this on the beta forums? I followed that thread pretty closely and didn't see it. The devs won't change anything if they don't know there's an issue.

Well, two dailies in a row to collect 20 relics, on the two days we don't have the tournament going, may be called difficult by some players, if that is what they are talking about. But since this starts on the Live servers on a Tuesday, instead of the Thursday start on Beta, those two quests will now happen on days with the tournament, at least for players caught up on the quests by then.

hvariidh gwendrot

timer is nice as it cuts down on people asking when event starts, like the path highlights for FA's made the what path question go away .. so thumbs up from me

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Did the Caligraphy Class building come around for a 2nd day in Beta? And if so what day? It is listed as occurring on day 1 on Elvengems. It is the building I am most interested in and I will be stuck at work most of the day when the event starts, so I'm not sure how many quests I'll be able to do on day 1.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Did the Caligraphy Class building come around for a 2nd day in Beta? And if so what day? It is listed as occurring on day 1 on Elvengems. It is the building I am most interested in and I will be stuck at work most of the day when the event starts, so I'm not sure how many quests I'll be able to do on day 1.

Not yet. But every new building gets two days as a daily prize, so I expect it again.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
It's coming!