• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
i will simply go to customer service and ask for them to delete account. i will not keep going the wrong way this game expects. i pay about $20 a month to play, i will quit and play another game. most REAL GAMES cost less than $20. I have games like wow, FF, LOTRO with maps waiting to be played. This game, i would delete. maybe its the built in play or quit as everything rots in this game. they steal 10% of all you most important items every day...
I'd be sorry to lose you as a neighbor, kenpo ... you've always been a great one. <3

Dew Spinner

I 1000% feel for those that lost jobs. However, I don't compare people's situations, because people's hardships should not be compared. All we see on the forum is surface level with people. Unless you form a friendship, you have no idea what people are actually going through. (you is generalized, not you specifically).
A lot of players are complaining about the ads without a thought of the 75 employees that lost their jobs. I assume, a lot of the 75 employees have families to support. So, it is not just the 75 employees that are affected. It only cost a player a few seconds of their time to watch an ad and they don't even have to do that, they can just ignore them if they want to.

Last edited:

Blindsider66

I have noticed this past week that one of my Winyandor cities is having ads thrown at it numerous times daily while the other larger city has yet to see a single ad appear on the screen. Could the fact that I post all my comments through this larger city be the possible reason for no ads? I think not. Just as I can't see Inno withholding the ads simply because I stated my disapproval for them in this Forum. No, I can protest all I want here and it won't make a bit of difference. Oh well, one good thing about downsizing is any future diamond purchases will be cut in half.

Peace
Blindsider66

wen724

I have noticed this past week that one of my Winyandor cities is having ads thrown at it numerous times daily while the other larger city has yet to see a single ad appear on the screen. Could the fact that I post all my comments through this larger city be the possible reason for no ads? I think not. Just as I can't see Inno withholding the ads simply because I stated my disapproval for them in this Forum. No, I can protest all I want here and it won't make a bit of difference. Oh well, one good thing about downsizing is any future diamond purchases will be cut in half.

Peace
Blindsider66
Everyone doesn't have the ad feature yet.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Screenshots_2023-06-13-19-48-34.png

BadWon

I luv FREE stuff.... 5 secs. to watch a video has resulted in diamonds occasionally.
If I do not want to watch them, then I don't. No biggie.
I just hope the ads do not increase or become unbearable as in other games.
Then I may have other decisions to make......

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
As I said to that flash guy - man, some of you guys are really mean and nasty....calling names, mis-assuming age/ignorance/etc., talking about FARTS, for god's sake.

This will probably be my last participation in the forum.
Agree with all this except for the fart part (I am still thinking farting is hilarious and immature lol) and the probably last post, as I'm hoping you may stay. The mods have started cracking down on insults. I would tag a mod when you see something like that. I've done it before. I just don't always see everything in time. Or pm a mod linking the thread/comment. I do agree that is a problem here and I've commented several times in past few months on things like this in the threads. I would hate to see you go.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper

Peace
Blindsider66
It is gradually being rolled out to people. I'm one of the many that didn't get it just yet.

Flashfyre

For those concerned about how to safely enjoy Elvenar in light of the new ads, I'll leave you with this bit of sage advice:

"The only winning move is...not to play."

Arkadia

Not sure what the complaints are about. I get a film dropped on the outskirts of my city that i can choose to ignore. Which i have done since i clicked on one and was asking me to disable my ad blocker. I didn't, so the film they dropped stay there unponed. End of story.

I did open 1 on my phone that i couldn't close even after it ended. I was forced to click on the ad. That's when i just backed out and closed the page.

It is one thing that inno now selling ads to us, but it is another that they allow ads that we can not be closed but it foces us to click the ad.
Not cool at all.
I will not open another.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Arkadia I don't think I would click on the ads if I was playing on my phone. I have had this same kind of ads on other little games I've played to take a break. I also get totally annoyed if it takes me to the app store or elsewhere. I learned to be very precise when clicking to close out the ads when they are done. I have no problem with them on PC or iPad because I can see where I am clicking better and a mouse or pen are much more precise than just my finger on the phone.

senate7

For most of us this game is a little reprieve from the RW. Get rid of this new ad campaign to suck us right back into looking at videos and such

[MOD NOTE] Moved to General Discussions

Last edited by a moderator:

getmomo

If u don't click on the ads you don't have to watch them. Im not quite sure why people have such a problem with this. Would you rather the game not exist? That is where it is headed. If they don't make enough money they will simply end the game but people want to cry about an ad that you don't have to click on if you don't want to.