• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ban and Boycott Elvenar

Who will unite in a ban on purchasing diamonds until the new battle changes are rolled back?

• Total voters

Istaru

Strange, our main fellowship just started new accounts on another world and none of us had any issues auto fighting the first 10 encounters....

EDIT: I meant first 10 provinces--80 encounters

I went and started again on another world, and if you refuse to negotiate any encounters until after you unlock barracks, then yes the first ring and part of the second is doable as long as you go really slow and research military stuff aggressively. Even with that caveat, I couldn't win after the second ring, at all. And the quests keep pushing me to complete provinces, so they are urging me to expand faster, even though the games devs said they want us to expand slower.

DeletedUser5028

YIKES.....I just started this game yesterday. Decided to start off buying some diamonds just to get a nice foot hold. I don't know what the game was like before these bad changes but after reading this forum thread, I'm thinking there is no point to continue. Too bad it looked like it would be some fun. But fighting battles you can NEVER win? No...just no...

DeletedUser2768

First off, any talk of a ban, boycot etc is premature and short-sighted at best. This has been tried in other games and venues where there is f2p and p2p and the result has always been the same throughout. Although your loss of coin might cause a temporary stir, there are still and will always continues to be people that will gladly step into the void that you create and fill it. The game is stable, it has good graphics, no glitching that is major etc. They have introduced something that is, at the moment, not complete, not fully understood and for the moment is being given a bad rap by people that are for all intents and purposes, whining. Are things unbeatable now? No. Do you now have to think a bit more in battles? Yes. So what.

They have rolled this out and as was noted, they spent a while developing this. They are not going to just roll it back because a few people will no longer pay in. Give the new changes time to get fully implemented and to actually see what is there and what is not. I see a LOT of whining from people. Most of it is because they did not understand what happened and assumed.

I recently took 250+ Sword Dancers into a fight against 151 Thief's. I walked away with 20 or so Sword Dancers. How is that balanced? I've tried to give this new battle system a fair shake, but every strategy I try, I wind up getting trounced. It's weighted against us players and that is making more and more players turn away from fighting all together and just negotiate their encounters. Repeatedly having your backside handed to you is not fun. Some players in my fellowships are beginning to contemplate if they even want to continue playing because of this new battle system.

DeletedUser2963

I recently took 250+ Sword Dancers into a fight against 151 Thief's. I walked away with 20 or so Sword Dancers. How is that balanced?

No argument here, the sword dancers have been nerfed to the point of virtually useless, and now they added sorceresses to the why bother training list.

I like the new battle system, I can win, and I am having fun with it, but boy does it have a few issues!

DeletedUser4648

It was bad enough when the game basically was nuked, but now the forum has turned into a virtual cyber-desert. There used to be good conversations on here, and players helping each other but mainly lately there has been just sniping and sniveling especially from a couple of users who seemed to have joined the forum for the sole purpose of stalking female players who have the audacity to speak out about how unhappy they are, and burying their comments with their own. Why don't they have something better to do with their time? Don't they have families or jobs or friends or anything?

DeletedUser2963

It was bad enough when the game basically was nuked, but now the forum has turned into a virtual cyber-desert. There used to be good conversations on here, and players helping each other but mainly lately there has been just sniping and sniveling especially from a couple of users who seemed to have joined the forum for the sole purpose of stalking female players who have the audacity to speak out about how unhappy they are, and burying their comments with their own. Why don't they have something better to do with their time? Don't they have families or jobs or friends or anything?

You are right the forum is most assuredly suffering from a troll problem. Thank you, new member, for adding yourself to list. Now if you don't mind we would like to get back to our good conversation where we were offering opinions and helping each other out.

WolfSinger

I know I'm not ready to fight in the provinces - because I'm further out than the devs want so the difficulty level is higher than I want to mess with. Today though with the tournament and the changes to the tool-tips I was able to make good selections with my troops for each battle. Even had 2 where i had NO loses with auto-fight. I know my loses will be higher since I auto-fight the tourneys - but being able to make it through 9 provinces and only losing one fight with auto-fight wasn't that bad. I typically only do 9 provinces in the first round - my goal is 20 relics in the rounds that offer relics - and I only auto-fight.

Again the changes to the tool-tips was a WELCOME change and I think it will help me to learn the battle system. This morning I found the best combos involved Elite Archers and Treants - the two I have 0 losses in were 5 treants - there where no enchantresses in the enemy troops - just heavy ranged and/or light melee.

Thistleknot

I know I'm Johnny-come-lately, but my fellowship, Guardians of Arendyll, are joining the boycott of purchasing diamonds. There have been a lot of frustrations with the recent changes and we just had a member quit because the game is no longer fun. My group is resilient and determined, but we can only be pushed so far.