• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser3696

Screenshot_22.png
Thanks for the screenshot.

My Paladins are 51-69k damage and 212k health with a special ability. My squad size is 282 and I'm guessing you are within one squad size of me so the numbers actually mean something/are comparable.
10k more damage and 50k more health. Looks like I don't need them just yet.

DeletedUser4219

The changes take away the greater amount of KP's which is the most pressing need for growth. That is insane. The rewards now are not as good, although you can get a few boost for resources and provisions, but in general Innogames screwed us once again. Thanks but no thanks.

edeba

I truly forget how the kp was given out in the old format but I think when you take into consideration the battles are easier at first the kp is pretty good.

The changes take away the greater amount of KP's which is the most pressing need for growth. That is insane. The rewards now are not as good, although you can get a few boost for resources and provisions, but in general Innogames screwed us once again. Thanks but no thanks.

qaccy

Thanks for the screenshot.

My Paladins are 51-69k damage and 212k health with a special ability. My squad size is 282 and I'm guessing you are within one squad size of me so the numbers actually mean something/are comparable.
10k more damage and 50k more health. Looks like I don't need them just yet.

I compared them myself. In my city, Vallorians would have a 44-60k damage range with 167k health, compared to 48-65k damage and 196k health for my paladins. Unlike paladins, they do take reduced damage from light melee units, but don't take reduced damage from them and adding that to the lack of ability (due to not being level 3) I don't see them being useful for us. Maybe better for elves? They haven't had a 'ranged' heavy melee unit until now which comes in handy at times.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Heard another event has begun in Beta.

Before the next event arrives on the World servers, and we start setting up our tents,
some of us will need relics for the quests, so please DON'T CLOSE the tournaments.

Fellowship Tournaments I no longer hate since we now have 4 encounters/province, instead of 8.

In our fellowship it's not mandatory to compete in the tournaments but… if you
want to increase your goods production boosts, gain Relics and Rune Shards,
Knowledge and Ranking Points, don’t delay, head for the Tournament today!

NightshadeCS

@Tauriel Dragonwood Curious as to why you didn't start a new thread about this, rather than posting in a thread that is nearly a year old?

As this is a long event, there will be several tournaments during it. If you plan well, you should be able to get all the relics you need from them.

DeletedUser3507

The
Screenshot_28.png
updated version for @Tsmak

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16221

@Arkadia Was just responding to your comment about increased costs, it could be up or down. The issue of cost verse reward has been raised a lot. Particular as it is a counter incentive to any benefit from the change in scores for a tournament province.

As KP is limited I like the idea of 75KP for the fellowship but not at the price in goods/troops and sleep it would take.

I'm a newbie but can relate to the sleep issue completely.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Curious as to why you didn't start a new thread about this, rather than posting in a thread that is nearly a year old?
I thought this was the thread we use to discuss the upcoming changes to the Tournaments. If it's not, please let me know where I should be posting this message. I like that the encounters/province now are 4 instead of 8. I would enjoy the tournaments even more if we could get better rewards for all the time we spend fighting or negotiating.

I've tried almost everything to perk my fellowship's interest in the tournaments. Letting them know they can increase their goods production boosts,
gain Knowledge and Ranking Points, Relics and Rune Shards if they would compete in the Tournaments. I have even suggested what units to take into battle. Then one day I came up with an idea to help motivate more competition in the tournaments.

Whoever gets to 1st place becomes our Tournament Champion and receives a reward from me. As a reward, our Champion will have a choice to either receive 20 KPs on an AW or a double/triple goods deal, as long as the trade wizard allows it.

Time on line we will need to synchronize, so others don’t grab the prize.

So far, my idea is working. There seems to be a renewed interest in competing in the tournaments.

NightshadeCS

I thought this was the thread we use to discuss the upcoming changes to the Tournaments. If it's not, please let me know where I should be posting this message.

Sorry, @Tauriel Dragonwood. Perhaps I am being too picky, but the thread started in March of 2017 and was to discuss the changes that were implemented then; namely, the reduction of encounters from 8 to 4, some rebalancing, and changes to the rewards. It would make sense to me to start a new thread for new changes, so people don't have to read through 20 pages of information that is not really relevant.

If you were commenting on those old changes, though, then that is fine. My mistake.

Tauriel Dragonwood

No problem Nightshade. A few times I've had my messages moved to the correct forum discussion thread. Some of the moderators do not like it when you start a discussion that already exists on the forum. So I search for a topic and post my message there. If I can't find a discussion relating to the topic I want to discuss, then I create a new one. It makes sense, otherwise there would be thousands of posts players would have to sift through, and with our busy lives, we don't have time for that.