• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser7629

I just wish they would balance out the good requirements for catering. The last two tournaments have completely sucked me dry of one rss and no way to recoup quickly because everyone one else was sucked dry as well. I'm almost into chapter 4, but the tournaments are making it a choice of awards/helping FS or progression.

DeletedUser6335

I feel the same way as @Vengeful Vicar and I know I'm not going that far in. I'm usually (*if* I'm lucky) able to do 3 stars in on the First Provence and 1 star through 4, *maybe* 1 star into 5 - and that is fighting what I can and catering when I have to do so because I can't win the fight. Granted I'm only about 1/2 way into Chapter 4 so I don't have much of a stockpile of goods/supplies/troops and what troops I do have aren't that strong or numerous...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Before the change to FS tournaments I told my FS members that a good goal was 5 stars on provinces equal to your chapter.
So for you @Maradoranderwyn I would have suggested 5 stars on 4 provinces during your boost.

For non-boosted I recommended 2 provinces 2,3, or 4 stars.

I've never checked to see if that is still good advice though...

DeletedUser6335

I'd like to say I'd like to be able to do that - 5 stars on 4 Provs would be AWESOME, sadly I'm not sure it's doable for me - at least not until I've had maybe a month or two of high productivity and "hoarding" of stuff...lols. *sigh* Oh well, I'll just do what I can and if that's not enough ...well, then it's just not enough. /shrug

SoggyShorts

I'd like to say I'd like to be able to do that - 5 stars on 4 Provs would be AWESOME, sadly I'm not sure it's doable for me - at least not until I've had maybe a month or two of high productivity and "hoarding" of stuff...lols. *sigh* Oh well, I'll just do what I can and if that's not enough ...well, then it's just not enough. /shrug
They key is that you only do it every 3 weeks, leaving you 2 weeks to save up goods/troops in between.
I always felt that the old tourney system gave way too many relics, so I figured it was smart to capitalize on that before it inevitably got nerfed.
The old system gave ~100 relics for 5x5, and now I think it's ~60. (too lazy to find charts)
It's still worth saving up for though since nothing makes your city more efficient than a production boost that takes up zero space.

For me, now that I have 60+ of each spell, and max boosts I'm finding it just isn't worth it to do much in tournaments, so I'll be taking zero star trades from FS member each week so that we get more FS rewards. I haven't ran any numbers, but I think giving away 20-30K of each tier to early chapter players will get us more points than if I spend it myself.

DeletedUser3696

@TSmack
The worst are boosted relics- the 500 relics you have when you hit 700% is enough to upgrade a buttload of wonders, so we need something else to spend them on.
Perhaps a new spell? Upgrade an event building to your current chapter? I dunno, something.
That would be amazing if we had something better to spend relics on, even if it was expensive.

Possible ideas:
- using relics to cater tournament battles
- some military spells
- levels of spells, meaning an increase in cost for a better effect. Instead of 2 relics for a PoP spell and 200% boost for 10 hours you could use 8 relics for either a bigger boost or longer effect and call it a PoP2 spell. Could have 3 levels of spells
- feel free to add more

DeletedUser3507

Soggy my lvl 9 Endless produces 102k supplies a day, I now have issues in using it all...
Love this part of the rebalance....:rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Soggy my lvl 9 Endless produces 102k supplies a day, I now have issues in using it all...
Love this part of the rebalance....
Yeah between getting 6 orc nests and the EE on my beta I've been forced to visit the wholesaler every day on my little Beta city.
I'm just really glad that we have more options for supplies. Hopefully this is part 1 of a plan to replace quest cycling with interesting quests.

DeletedUser3696

If they keep increasing guest race requirements, I will be in trouble, had to use a shoe horn to fit a lvl 4 University campus in...And the required 12 buildings in...

Please stop the increase of guest race requirements Inno.....:mad::mad::mad:
I've only gone with 9 buildings around my campus - I would have to call a contractor in to clear more room for 12!!
We'll see if 9 is enough to progress me thru the last 1/2 of the chapter.

DeletedUser3507

Quest line wants 12 buildings
4 Of each.
3 Of each is required once you have campus lvl 3.
Story line quest...
I am working on unlocking residences, kind of nuts, mine are all magic 10 already..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

Quest line wants 12 buildings
4 Of each.
3 Of each is required once you have campus lvl 3.
Story line quest...
I am working on unlocking residences, kind of nuts, mine are all magic 10 already..
That's fine, I stopped the storyline quest in dwarves and have zero need for it :)

DeletedUser3507

Ah but the give 10k and 20k mana and oldies of supplies and gold....
Which is quite useful in off setting cost.

DeletedUser3507

Well they still have not balanced the fighting, really having to fight Valorian guards when you don't have them sucks...

I have to activate Dragons & Wizards MH to get to that research.....:mad:

DeletedUser3696

Well they still have not balanced the fighting, really having to fight Valorian guards when you don't have them sucks...

I have to activate Dragons & Wizards MH to get to that research.....:mad:
I'm afraid those Valorian guards will be decent and I'll have to decide whether or not to build a Mercenary camp again!!!! My guess is level one of them will be underwhelming and I will get to save the pain of building another military building.
Anyone know the actual comparable stats?

DeletedUser3507

Upgrading my Training grounds to lvl 14 at the moment, good ranking points...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot_22.png