• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

DeletedUser2963

@Iyapo it is an issue if you don't have that many choices of units to begin with...lols. Also, it still eats up tons of whatever unit is called for (at least for me) and so I have to go about spending the goods/coins to replenish them instead of it going to upgrades and research. *bleh*

Your right it is an issue for anyone in chapter 1-3, which does not apply to anyone who
This week i did 15 provs in 1st round, only 12 in 2nd round n im literally out of troops

@TheGreyman What is the argument at hand? I thought the argument was
I am unable to re-train troops for next week's tourney to do a full 6 rounds on even just 5 provs

But I guess the argument is....
This week I did however do the 15 in 1st round and wanted to test if I could do provs 10-15 to 6th round, but there's no way (IF starting training from zero after prev tourney) just not enough time to build up troops.
I am not going to argue this, I agree there is no way to do 10-15 rounds to six stars every tournament.

DeletedUser4329

What is the argument at hand? I thought the argument was

This: "I am unable to re-train troops for next week's tourney to do a full 6 rounds on even just 5 provs"

It doesn't matter how many troop types there are and how long it is before you need the same one again, if you can't build this week for next week's tournament, you're eventually boned.

The troops required per province scale far too rapidly, and the losses due to dumb AI are far too severe. Catering (or hybrid catering + combat) is currently the only sustainable way to do a reasonable number of rounds/provinces in tournaments. Arkadia's 6x5 is imo, a fair measure of the term "reasonable".

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
hought the argument was
I am unable to re-train troops for next week's tourney to do a full 6 rounds on even just 5 provs.
Of course its not really an issue since the main unit used for fighting changes every week. So this week, elixer, you are going to kill off all your heavy ranged. Next week, magic dust, you are going to kill off all your light melee.
This is what is wrong with your reasoning @Iyapo
  1. You have a stockpile of [Heavy Ranged]troops.
  2. You complete 5 province to 6 stars
  3. You used your stockpile and all the ones you cooked during the tournament to do so
  4. The tournament ends and you start cooking the next set of troops
  5. The next [Heavy Ranged] tournament comes and you don't have enough to do 5 provinces 6 rounds.
If you had a huge stockpile before the changes, you might last a few weeks, since you use different portions of that stock, but eventually the drain catches up.
Troop type is irrelevant. Arkadia used to be able to train enough troops to always do more than 5 provinces 6 times,forever, without dipping into or draining the stockpile. Now because losses are so much higher that isn't possible.

DeletedUser3484

SOOO miss the Relics! My first few FS based Tourneys I averaged 3-5ooo pts at a chptr 3-4....with LOTS of Relics to help boost life was good... this Event asks for 32 relics.. with the Tourney you would think..great!!! but at 2 relics a pop its not worth the effort....points so far are around a measly 400 which doesnt help the FS at all and I only had ONE boost from the Silk Tourney..so sad and not worth the effort to do the Tourneys at all...but no one is listening to us anyway so why bother........ take away our Trusty Trader, Take away our Kp, Take away our Relics... whats left????:mad::(:(:(

DeletedUser2963

The increase in losses is horrible. Since the change went into effect I am draining my stockpile down to 1-3 squads of whichever troop is primary. Right now it is taking me around two full tournaments to replace losses, more than that if the primary troop gets used as a support troop. Currently I am doing more provinces to more stars than I did before the update(kp chasing).I will not be able to maintain this level of participation and expand my provinces on the map. I am still trying to find my balance with these changes, we all are.
Arkadia's 6x5 is imo, a fair measure of the term "reasonable".
I am not now nor have I ever done 5 provinces to 6 stars and prior to the update I was always in the top 100. Which means most players never hit 5 provinces to 6 stars. Why would this be held up as a reasonable standard?

SoggyShorts

I am not now nor have I ever done 5 provinces to 6 stars and prior to the update I was always in the top 100. Which means most players never hit 5 provinces to 6 stars. Why would this be held up as a reasonable standard?
I'm guessing that with a few (max for your level) armories and max barracks you used to train the same number of troops as you'd lose in a week if you used them only to do 5x6, with no world map fighting.

DeletedUser2963

I'm guessing that with a few (max for your level) armories and max barracks you used to train the same number of troops as you'd lose in a week if you used them only to do 5x6, with no world map fighting.
?
I can train up right around 25 squads per week, more or less. Depends on how often I log in and how long I linger, but 25 is a good average for me. Prior to the update I did not kill them all off in tournaments, I had plenty to hit the world map and enough left to feed my hoarding problem. Now, I can kill them all in day one of the tournament if I autofight out as far as I can reach. I am still trying to balance myself with the new losses. With my hoarding issues I think I will have to draw a line at around 20 squad death rate per tourney. I can replace that in a week and still hit the world map and hoard. I am not going to build another armory, and I have not yet decided if I am going to skip tournaments....If I skip I can increase my death toll to 40 squads per tourney, 60 if I do every third one.

SoggyShorts

@Iyapo, sorry I made that unclear by using the word "you"
I'm guessing that with a few (max for their level) armories and max barracks a player used to be able to train the same number of troops as they would lose in a week if they used them only to do 5x6, with no world map fighting.

This is in answer to your question of "Why would 5x6 be a reasonable standard?"

I can only guess, because I run zero armories.

DeletedUser4366

Well it's an hour and a bit to the end of this tourney - and I've participated much less than I would have in the old tournament structure, received far less kp, and lost more goods and troops. Looking at the numbers I am seeing at the ranking board (oh no! someone who may be competitive), I cannot believe from my numbers completed:
  • 4 stars - 3 times
  • 3 stars - 3 times
  • 2 stars - 4 times
  • 1 star - once
that I am a top 300 ranked guy on Whinyandor (rank 276 atm) --- unless everyone have figured out that the current system is not profitable and are just not participating as much anymore. If there is another explanation, please do let me know.

DeletedUser3484

Another Tourney, another major disappointment, lost a lot of troops and thats with the assistance of 3 Orc Strategist that i acquired in the Event ..thank god...but in the end... a plethora of shards, shards, shards, NONE for any AW I have... would have rather had a bunch of Relics that would have boosted me again but....sigh.... i guess this is progress....i definitely wont get pumped up for a Tourney again...tooo much cost for too little reward.

edeba

I think the tourney changes are a massive improvement. I was concerned when they were being discussed but the changes have truly brought a lot of fun to the game.

Arkadia

Players in lower chapters want to get more relics....
Players in higher chapters have no us of relics....

Players in lower chapters want to get more cultures....
Players in higher chapters want to get more troops / mana....

Everyone wants KPs, shards n space! :eek:

HINT ....HINT.....HINT ;)

DeletedUser3696

Players in lower chapters want to get more relics....
Players in higher chapters have no us of relics....

Players in lower chapters want to get more cultures....
Players in higher chapters want to get more troops / mana....

Everyone wants KPs, shards n space! :eek:

HINT ....HINT.....HINT ;)
I'm surprised they capped the production boost at 700%, seems very short sighted if you ask me.

SoggyShorts

I'm surprised they capped the production boost at 700%, seems very short sighted if you ask me.
This won't be popular, but.....
I must admit I found the number of relics you could get before the change to be way too high. In fact I used to save for 2 weeks, and go completely broke on my boosted weeks because I was worried that they would close what I saw as a loophole. I was very close to 700% 18 weeks after unlocking tournaments, and I think that was too easy. I don't think you should be able to reach max boost before finishing chapter 6.

DeletedUser7213

I must admit I found the number of relics you could get before the change to be way too high. In fact I used to save for 2 weeks, and go completely broke on my boosted weeks because I was worried that they would close what I saw as a loophole. I was very close to 700% 18 weeks after unlocking tournaments, and I think that was too easy. I don't think you should be able to reach max boost before finishing chapter 6.
Aye, in 2 rounds of fairly hardcore tourney hitting I was able to push two of my boosts to around 500%, my third boosted mat is crystal, and it now lags far behind the other two due to my unlocking tourneys after a crystal and the changes coming just before. This is likely too fast, as another couple rounds and I figure I'd have been at cap long before endgame content.

That being said, for me they've gone too far in fixing it into the ground, as the ROI for participating is simply horrible. After a couple now under our belt, I can safely say that I'm not likely to be going to do any more unless a holiday is going on and the PoP spells are needed.

DeletedUser3696

It could always be scaled like province expansion is (or at least sort of is). At least it would give us a reason for having so many relics. Either way I'm sure there is a balance they could find without totally making relics pointless.

For example, what is the practical value of getting one relic per provincial battle past ring 11??? I'd have to think any player past ring 11 already hit the 700% max boost and you currently get way too many relics from minimal tournament participation. I don't know, but this is just my opinion but relics to make spells are also fairly pointless. I'll stop rambling now.....