• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournament

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Oh that could be it .I just finished Dwarves. Can I assume it's safe to reduce my supply footprint?
They seem to be increasing the supplies we can get from various sources, so I will be reducing mine. Chapter 1-7 Orc Nests produce a lot of supplies, and the upcoming Wonder Re-Balance makes the Endless Excavation more efficient at making supplies than a workshop. That is if it goes live the same as on Beta.

It's all situational though. In my more advanced cities I always ran 8 workshops 6 Tier1, 3 T2, 2 T3. Your needs might be higher or lower.

DeletedUser7557

I can't fight the armies any more, and it's dissappointing, cuz i really enjoyed it, how do I beat an army 2x my size

DeletedUser3696

I'm fully aware of how to get 6 rounds, I just don't see a point to it anymore - even if it gets me the next chest. The losses in the 6th round aren't worth it and I rarely do the 5th round now unless it's an easy province type.

DeletedUser3484

PLEASE return the KP's to us!!!!! The thing that was most important was looking forward to those bonuses in KP's!!! To do the research to build our cities to move forward.... NOW the only way I am amassing ANY at all is via the EVENT which will end..... BRING BACK THE KP TO THE TOURNEY!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and what am i going to do with SHARDS for a DWARVEN BULWARK... I just did 5 tourneys, catering AND fighting.. and i got....WAIT FOR IT.....4 kp whooppppppeeeee yahooooo

DeletedUser5202

Costs, troop wise when fighting and for negotiating as well, are just ridiculous now. I can barely keep my troops up enough between each tournament and can't fight as "far in" (as many tournament provinces) either.... *sigh*.

This is what I struggle with under the new tournaments. I've entered the Orcs race and everything cost supplies, I can barely train troops at this point. I don't find the rewards such a negative as I do the loss of troops. Wicked!!!

Arkadia

How many did you do before the most recent changes? Or even before FS tournaments 1.0?

I'm guessing ur intention was to make a joke, but i'm not laughing :p
not ur fault though....maybe i should have added some more details to explain, but who cares to read?
the point is, if u start from zero to train troops, u'r not gonna be able to build up enough to do many provs to 6 rounds the next week's tourney

but if u have any good suggestions, im all ears ;)

SoggyShorts

I'm guessing ur intention was to make a joke, but i'm not laughing :p
Sorry if it came off that way, I was genuinely asking.
Being able to do 15 and then 12 provinces now is more than many players can do, or ever could do before.
Without context I don't know how big a drop this is for you. If you were doing 15 provinces all 6 stars before, then this is a massive decrease. But if you used to do 6x6, not so much.

Arkadia

@SoggyShorts -no need to be sorry :)

I try to do as many as i can....i aim for 10 normally, but only recently was completing the 6th round, and tbh can only complete 5 provs now to round 6.

This week I did however do the 15 in 1st round and wanted to test if I could do provs 10-15 to 6th round, but there's no way (IF starting training from zero after prev tourney) just not enough time to build up troops.

So im only doing select provs now between 1-10 n no reason to go up to round 6 ...IF going for the rewards only

IF helping out FS to unlock more chest ....is the only reason....then again...not sure even the chests rewards r great :/

so whats left....do it just for fun! ;)

p.s. i have to add that i only do auto-fights....no time nor interest to watch battles :p

SoggyShorts

TBH I think if you could do 15 provinces to 6 stars that would mean it's far too easy. A fellowship with just 8 members would unlock all 10 chests if they did that.

Arkadia

TBH I think if you could do 15 provinces to 6 stars that would mean it's far too easy. A fellowship with just 8 members would unlock all 10 chests if they did that.

I totally agree! We do need some challenges! :)

but as i said earlier,
I am unable to re-train troops for next week's tourney to do a full 6 rounds on even just 5 provs
if started training from zero, which keeps happening, cause i lose them all (or close) in prev week's tourney.
and I didnt even mention using troops in fights on the map, cause I dont.

DeletedUser2963

I am unable to re-train troops for next week's tourney to do a full 6 rounds on even just 5 provs
if started training from zero, which keeps happening, cause i lose them all (or close) in prev week's tourney.
Of course its not really an issue since the main unit used for fighting changes every week. So this week, elixer, you are going to kill off all your heavy ranged. Next week, magic dust, you are going to kill off all your light melee.

You wont need heavey ranged as a primary troop until planks tournament, which gives you four weeks to rebuild them.

DeletedUser6335

@Iyapo it is an issue if you don't have that many choices of units to begin with...lols. Also, it still eats up tons of whatever unit is called for (at least for me) and so I have to go about spending the goods/coins to replenish them instead of it going to upgrades and research. *bleh*

DeletedUser4329

Of course its not really an issue since the main unit used for fighting changes every week. So this week, elixer, you are going to kill off all your heavy ranged. Next week, magic dust, you are going to kill off all your light melee.

You wont need heavey ranged as a primary troop until planks tournament, which gives you four weeks to rebuild them.

Of course it's still an issue - if you cannot build up the troop numbers for next weeks tournament within the week, you arithmetically cannot participate in all of the weekly tournaments. There's no use saying "you won't need heavy ranged for 4 weeks" if you're still busy building up light melee for the tournament next week, then mages for the week after, then heavy melee for the week after that, etc. Sooner or later the batteries will be empty.

It might be fair to say "take a week or two off to replenish your troops", but that is not the argument currently at hand.