• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 1-5 Adjustments

Deleted User - 849994935

No, I didn't miss it at all, but I did dismiss it. Your attitude is amazing I will give you that. So if you have a Broken bone you only get help from a doctor that has also had that same broken bone?

You seem to go out of your way with your "tone" Good luck here with that.

And, I would assume it suits you here and that better communication isn't a priority to you?

Ed
If I had a broken bone I'd get help from a Dr trained to fix broken bones, not a proctologist.

Communication is a 2 way street. Ppl hear what they want 2 hear.

StarLoad

Henroo

Oh Wise One
To truly experience this new system for the first 5 chapters, I would have to start a new city. And I MIGHT could find the time to play a baby city on top of the 3 advanced cities I already have. Thing is: I know myself well enough that even after I got the new city past ch 5, I would not want to give it up. So eventually I would end up with 4 advanced cities. Now if I were retired, I might could manage that. Unfortunately I'm only 46 and have a (more than) full time job. 3 big cities is very hard to manage with that. Anybody got any tips for winning lottery numbers so I can quit this work gig? ;)

Maeryn

@Henroo your not missing much with the new system it’s designed to make everyone build a fighting city at least that the impression I’m getting from it I don’t really have the resources to much with spire, tournaments, research, or clearing the large amount of provinces needed to unlock the next chapter.

Everyone else seems to love it.

KidWillow

@helya Thank you..

From my observations on Beta and assuming none of these were changed:

New cities will now have to wait until chapter 2 before joining a fellowship, and wait until chapter 3 before any crafting can be done, and wait until chapter 4 before doing anything with the tournament or AWs, and now have to wait until chapter 5 before they can touch the Spire. And all of those also require a research to be completed, so they are not even automatically available as soon as you enter those chapters. Yes, overall the research in the first 5 chapters has been streamlined some and KP costs reduced, but even with trying to rush through all this in my Beta test city, it still took me over 4 weeks before I completed the Spire research in chapter 5 and it felt like a normal city again.
Tournament unlocked in Ch-4 Tier-4 under expansion 11. .. whooa!

Deleted User - 849994935

@Henroo your not missing much with the new system it’s designed to make everyone build a fighting city at least that the impression I’m getting from it I don’t really have the resources to much with spire, tournaments, research, or clearing the large amount of provinces needed to unlock the next chapter.

Everyone else seems to love it.
People who haven't built one seem to love it lol.

Deleted User - 1178646

@helya Thank you..

From my observations on Beta and assuming none of these were changed:

New cities will now have to wait until chapter 2 before joining a fellowship, and wait until chapter 3 before any crafting can be done, and wait until chapter 4 before doing anything with the tournament or AWs, and now have to wait until chapter 5 before they can touch the Spire. And all of those also require a research to be completed, so they are not even automatically available as soon as you enter those chapters. Yes, overall the research in the first 5 chapters has been streamlined some and KP costs reduced, but even with trying to rush through all this in my Beta test city, it still took me over 4 weeks before I completed the Spire research in chapter 5 and it felt like a normal city again.
4 weeks is pretty fast, but the "trying to rush" already means you are not trying to play it like a newbie.
Aka you are not the target of this change.

Maeryn

4 weeks is pretty fast, but the "trying to rush" already means you are not trying to play it like a newbie.
Aka you are not the target of this change.
How exactly can you go slow with the changes? Your going to end up with a huge amount of kp stacked up if you don’t keep up with the pace necessary to clear the provinces needed to unlock the next chapter. I’m nearing the end of chapter 5 on the new tech tree I need to be able to clear 15 provinces.

Also, this second full week since having unlocked the spire. I can only go to the first boss I lack enough goods to negotiate up to the second one. So, spire right now is pointless along with the magic academy.

Cleo7311

As the Archmage in 3 active, but not obsessive FS, will I see a different research tree than my new members? Hard to advise when I cannot see what they are facing. If the changes add frustration to new players, then BAD idea.
Our main focus is on keeping a wide variety of players, helping new cities, while trying to hit the sweet spots - decent rewards for minimal cost. With occasional help from our perks, we usually complete 10 chests, but going further is a waste of time, or much beyond High Halls in Spire. Same in Adventures - complete all 3 levels with maximum participation, but ignore the point standings.

I remember the chaotic early Elvenar months of 7 years ago when we had to constantly jump back chapters to complete new research tasks. Did I catch them all or are there parts I never noticed?

Cleo7311

Where is there a clear description of all the changes? Helya's intro points to here, but the links to descriptions seem to just report errors. I have no interest in starting yet another trash city just to see the changes.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Cleo7311 the research tree for the first five chapters was completely redone and looks nothing like the one you have. Inno has also told us that no changes would happen to cities with the old research, even ones still in the first five chapters. The main thing that AMs will have to deal with, if they accept small cities into their fellowships, is that the ones with the new research will not be able to touch the tournament until after researching it in chapter 4 and will not be able to enter the Spire until after they research it in chapter 5. So if you take in a new city that is only chapter 2 or 3, be prepared for them to not be able to help with anything for several weeks, if they have the new research.

Cleo7311

The devil is in the details.... All my FS have welcomed new cities long before Ch 6. I have already noticed that new players are stuck in events. Adventures?? If everyone has to get to chapter 6 first, then FS membership has no value except trades. Can they start working on Ancient Wonders? Usually new cities can build their first Wonder long before Ch 6 - is that also blocked?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The devil is in the details.... All my FS have welcomed new cities long before Ch 6. I have already noticed that new players are stuck in events. Adventures?? If everyone has to get to chapter 6 first, then FS membership has no value except trades. Can they start working on Ancient Wonders? Usually new cities can build their first Wonder long before Ch 6 - is that also blocked?

First AW research has been moved from chapter 2 into chapter 4 and chapter 3 AW research is also now in chapter 4, so no helping with AWs until mid-chapter 4. The Spire research in chapter 5 can be done right after the Advanced Scouts at the start of the chapter.

@ed1960 I don't remember if anyone posted shots of the new tree on Beta and with no more Minmax and with Gems not being updated, I am not sure of any 3rd party site collecting this stuff any more. A shot of them after all the research is done can be posted, but costs and such will not show. The quests for the first five chapters are also greatly different and I don't know of anyone who documented that.