• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 1-5 Adjustments

Ihrlaen

Just got the random hint banner - Join Spire in Chapter 3 - Not any more, or maybe, maybe not.

On a similar note, I received the Join a Fellowship popup before researching Fellowships. It actually bypassed the lockout and I could search the listings etc. Upon closing the popup however, the Fellowship icon was again greyed out.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
When they were rolling out the lotto on new players getting a new fellowship tech (before this Chap 1-5 Adjustments), someone accidentally discovered he can bypass it using the keyboard shortcut to pull up the fellowship window to join a fellowship. I do not know if this applies to new Chap1-5 Adjustment changes though.

Ihrlaen

Confirmed, it allows you to see in the same way as the popup. Actually applying or joining does still seem to be obeying the lockout based on tech advancement, however, so this is mostly just premature information rather than broken mechanic.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849994935

I tried to start new cities and all I got was the old tree ...
Start a city on the En International English server. All new cities have the new tech tree there. Also, I think all new cities on the US server are too (at least all the new ones I started are). Beta is still randomly assigning new/old tech trees, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 849994935

I wonder how the new tech tree affects people’s desire to join a fellowship. I feel like if fellowship is hidden behind a tech wall and they get accustomed to playing alone, then they might just think the game is a solo type game. Of course, it can be played that way, but having a FS changes a lot of dynamics. Having tourney alone changes the ease of acquiring relics for all those event quests. Ultimately, I think it’s a move backwards if established FS stops taking in sub-Chap5 cities if they can’t really contribute to FA, Spire, and tourney so they have no incentive to take them. Then new players get steered to new fellowships who may not know how these things affect them. We will have a generation of new players that may not be properly guided and pick up many “bad” habits bc they don’t know better.
I joined fs as soon as I cud but I don't feel like part of a team like I did under the old tech tree. I got nothing to offer & the only benefit to being in 1 is neighbourly help. I don't even get to benefit from perks.

Maeryn

It’s entirely random which tech tree you get if your looking for a specific one use the mobile app. I have now seen all of the quests for the new tech tree and I can now see how inno meant to slow new players down with the quest line.

The new tech tree quests have you build: 20 residences, 8 workshops, 3 tier 1 buildings. 2 tier 2 buildings, 2 tier 3 buildings, 5 armories, training grounds to lvl 5, and a lvl 15 barracks.

I almost forgot this part which is important for those who prefer catering the quest line has you place all of the expansions in your city. The new tech tree isn’t ideal if you cater more than fight like I do.

Deleted User - 849994935

It’s entirely random which tech tree you get if your looking for a specific one use the mobile app. I have now seen all of the quests for the new tech tree and I can now see how inno meant to slow new players down with the quest line.

The new tech tree quests have you build: 20 residences, 8 workshops, 3 tier 1 buildings. 2 tier 2 buildings, 2 tier 3 buildings, 5 armories, training grounds to lvl 5, and a lvl 15 barracks.

I almost forgot this part which is important for those who prefer catering the quest line has you place all of the expansions in your city. The new tech tree isn’t ideal if you cater more than fight like I do.
It seems so odd to me that Inno forces players to start out building a city that suits fighting more yet their own stats apparently show peeps prefer to cater. Also, there are no quests that introduce fighting knowledge. At no time does the game even mention match ups (in the app) and although on pc u can hover over battle stuff for fighting info it's never taught.
It's almost like the questline & new tech tree arent about teaching players how to play.

Cleo7311

From comments so far, if Inno is using a random factor to get direct comparisons with the old tech tree, the comparisons are becoming obvious - in favor of dumping the new tree.

Cleo7311

Looks like someone convinced Inno that this little tech tree experiment can just be quietly cancelled if it fails with no one being added to the new tree - after Ch 6 there is apparently no difference. It appears to greatly delay FS benefits, so FS will have few new players available, unless every FS requires a substantial minimum score. But since they did not let the test go far enough in beta, how many players will drop the game in disgust? The early Inno claims that the new tech is just minor adjustments appears to be false.

StarLoad

Looks like someone convinced Inno that this little tech tree experiment can just be quietly cancelled if it fails with no one being added to the new tree - after Ch 6 there is apparently no difference....
Well since the changes were to Ch1-5 it makes sense that they are the same starting at ch 6. So I don't see your point nor anything to back it up, considering this as speculation at best.

Ed

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It appears to greatly delay FS benefits, so FS will have few new players available, unless every FS requires a substantial minimum score.

No, it does not delay it for the players who actually play the game and log in more than once a day and who are neither slow nor lazy or too casual with their play style or who intentionally stay in the first few chapters to game the system. And yes, there have been plenty of talks about fellowships not talking any new city that is not in at least chapter 5 because of the changes. It is just too bad these changes could not have been made retroactive on all the old, small cities and forced them to advance to at least chapter 5.

Maeryn

Please don’t, I had to upgrade the barracks more than I wanted and now will need to park somewhere in guest races to fix my city from inno play style. Just because the new tech tree can be completed in less than two months doesn’t mean it should be.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Please don’t, I had to upgrade the barracks more than I wanted and now will need to park somewhere in guest races to fix my city from inno play style. Just because the new tech tree can be completed in less than two months doesn’t mean it should be.

If you aren't following the quests, then none of the military stuff matters. Just do like usual, get into the next chapter, so that old quests get the Decline option on browser or the Cancel option on mobile.