• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 1-5 Adjustments

Maeryn

If you aren't following the quests, then none of the military stuff matters. Just do like usual, get into the next chapter, so that old quests get the Decline option on browser or the Cancel option on mobile.
I followed the quests in chapter 5 and finished the questline. I stated in the post you replied to at some point I will have to stop in a guest race and fix my city. I shouldn’t have to run mm spells to have goods to maybe have goods to do stuff.

Deleted User - 849994935

As far as I can determine this is not correct, and nothing has been officially announced as such. The RNG's are still at play when you start a city as to which tech tree you get. But I can only Confirm for the US servers.
Tested it out this a.m. and ur right! 3 cities came out with the old tech, 3 with the new. :)
Sometimes the En support peeps have different info than the US peeps. Like, there's a level 1 culture building given for completing a quest. It's poorly aligned with actual progress so in 4 of my cities I completed the quest in ch 3, and once in ch 2. The support peeps on the US server wouldn't upgrade it so it was issued for the ch I was in but the En peeps did every time.

Anyways, cheers for the Intel. Always gud to learn new stuff.

Deleted User - 849994935

Again by Hoping upon hope I get lucky or unlucky as some would say, and have to reset what server I play on and same with the forums?
No, life is complicated enough without forcing more of it when not needed.

Ed
I made 6 cities this morning in less than an hour, half were new tech tree so its not so hard to get one (I'm happy to give u 1 of the new tech cities on the US server if u want) . If you were gonna try to spawn a new tech tree one on the US server you'd just need to use a diff account.

I only suggested it cos you said u'd tried and had no luck.

Cleo7311

So, except for small adjustments in a few researches, the new research tree delays most benefits for joining a fellowship by several weeks. Tournament - now mid Ch 4, Ancient Wonders Ch 4, Spire ch 5. So about a 2 chapter delay for all three. They cannot even use most of the 4 perks - spire, tournament, free Wonder donation tab. They may get the extra 4h help time if activated by the FS. They just have access to Adventures mid way in Ch 2 - rather weak prize chests there. A few more visits & traders is pretty small incentive until Ch 4. Thumbs down.

Mirai

@Lelanya it’s not just a lack of quest cycling that causes the new tech tree player to have less gold and supplies it’s also the rewards from the quests they do get. Half of the quests rewards are a small amount of diamonds, spells and troops.
Some more supplies as quest rewards would be better balanced, I'm thinking

Maeryn

Some more supplies as quest rewards would be better balanced, I'm thinking
What you get for rewards from quests in lieu of supplies are what you would have gotten from having tournaments and spire unlocked earlier.

Deleted User - 849994935

What you get for rewards from quests in lieu of supplies are what you would have gotten from having tournaments and spire unlocked earlier.
Hmmm I don't think so. Yes, some of the rewards are timers, teleport spells etc but they don't make up for what we could have gotten from tourney & spire if we'd had access.

Maeryn

Hmmm I don't think so. Yes, some of the rewards are timers, teleport spells etc but they don't make up for what we could have gotten from tourney & spire if we'd had access.
The developers don’t think it is possible for a new player to complete an event. The amount of extra goodies is probably equal to what the developers think a new city is capable of doing which is less than what actually can be done.

Tavina

I started a new city, I think that the changes are really good and beneficial. At first, because I knew the game before and the early chapters before, I thought this isn't fair. I have to wait so long to be in a tournament and be in the spire, but after taking the time to work on my city I realized that it allows you to build your city up properly and if you actually read the quest line you will get insights into the game and how to build your city the right way. I'm actually enjoying taking my time to get to the levels, and Building Things Up, like opening up provinces and upgrading barracks and armories so that when you do get into the tournaments you're able to make good points.

Maeryn

There’s a downside to the new tech tree more noticeable if your actually clearing research and provinces at a similar place, please note I was never really tech locked when doing chapter 1-5. I invested in getting my magic academy to level 5(for PoP spells) and joined an excellent fellowship in chapter 2 helping with my gold and supply problem, which is worst on the new tech tree. The downside for me is lack of stockpile of goods and also hardly any PP spells once at chapter 6, need a good size guest race pit with no space for extra factories to help get more goods.

@Tavina I don’t think this new tech tree is suppose to be taken nice and slow at the same pace as the old one. It’s meant to get everyone to guest races as soon as possible and not spending forever in the lower chapters.

Tavina

There’s a downside to the new tech tree more noticeable if your actually clearing research and provinces at a similar place, please note I was never really tech locked when doing chapter 1-5. I invested in getting my magic academy to level 5(for PoP spells) and joined an excellent fellowship in chapter 2 helping with my gold and supply problem, which is worst on the new tech tree. The downside for me is lack of stockpile of goods and also hardly any PP spells once at chapter 6, need a good size guest race pit with no space for extra factories to help get more goods.

@Tavina I don’t think this new tech tree is suppose to be taken nice and slow at the same pace as the old one. It’s meant to get everyone to guest races as soon as possible and not spending forever in the lower chapters.
I started my first city in January I zipped through those chapters I'm now at chapter 7. These new chapters are taking forever, it takes forever to get the coins and the supplies coordinated to do the research that you need to do. So I would have to disagree just based on my early experience but as you can tell I'm still a young player

Maeryn

I started my first city in January I zipped through those chapters I'm now at chapter 7. These new chapters are taking forever, it takes forever to get the coins and the supplies coordinated to do the research that you need to do. So I would have to disagree just based on my early experience but as you can tell I'm still a young player
The problem is these new chapters aren’t really suppose to take longer than the old ones. I got through those 5 chapters in about two months started the city either the last week of May or very first week of June, elvenstats started tracking on June 6th. I am now in chapter 6, can’t seem to get a stockpile of goods. I deplete my stores each week just doing the second floor of the spire, feels like I’m stuck in chapter 3 or 4 there. If I do research my goods are even worst off.

I attempted couple times of starting a new city on the account gave up do to being horribly tech locked the lack of gold and supplies from the there being no tutorial is really apparent and also no second day gift of gold and supplies.

You don’t need military until late chapter 4, don’t waste gold and supplies on it until you need it.

Tavina

The problem is these new chapters aren’t really suppose to take longer than the old ones. I got through those 5 chapters in about two months started the city either the last week of May or very first week of June, elvenstats started tracking on June 6th. I am now in chapter 6, can’t seem to get a stockpile of goods. I deplete my stores each week just doing the second floor of the spire, feels like I’m stuck in chapter 3 or 4 there. If I do research my goods are even worst off.

I attempted couple times of starting a new city on the account gave up do to being horribly tech locked the lack of gold and supplies from the there being no tutorial is really apparent and also no second day gift of gold and supplies.

You don’t need military until late chapter 4, don’t waste gold and supplies on it until you need it.
It sounds like we might be saying the same thing in a different way there's something going on with the coins and supplies it's taking forever to get both of them coordinated to do the research tree as far as Goods I'm okay I think I'm in chapter 3 right now with my human City and I have three upgraded silk factories and for upgraded marble factories so I haven't had trouble with Goods as of yet but trying to get through the research tree is really hard because the supplies are the hardest to come by you have to spend a lot of time in the game to get those supplies doing five and 15 minute