• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Henroo

How critical is it going to be to upgrade the Elemental Hubs to level 3? I currently have Gate of Dimension at level 4 and I have 3 of each Elemental Hub. All are at level 2 currently. I don't currently have the tech to further upgrade them, but I will soon. But it looks like it would cost several days of production to get the resources to do the upgrades with and to actually do the upgrades. Is it worth it? I made a lot of stuff with the hubs while my Gate of Dimensions was upgrading, so right now keeping it running is not a problem. Will I be able to keep the Gate busy long term with level 2 Hubs and skip the upgrades? Or if I spend the time to do the Hub upgrades now, will I make it back in the last half of the chapter? I have Blooming Trader at level 26, so I am getting a pretty good boost to what my Hubs make.

iamthouth

Hi @Henroo, I haven't done the fine math, but yes, I believe it is worthwhile. Hubs lvl 3 produce 33% more than lv 2 for 16.67% more cost in medals. My gate was busy all the time back half of the chapter. My BTG was same lvl as yours. The tech is a mandatory research as well.

Henroo

Hi @Henroo, I haven't done the fine math, but yes, I believe it is worthwhile. Hubs lvl 3 produce 33% more than lv 2 for 16.67% more cost in medals. My gate was busy all the time back half of the chapter. My BTG was same lvl as yours. The tech is a mandatory research as well.
I know I have to do the research. I was just wondering if the upgrades were worth sacrificing days of production in order to do.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@Henroo I am at the same place in chapter 18 as you. And currently have 3 of each hub at level 2 and a level 30 Bee. I think it depends on how many badges you are able to make daily in your portal, and how fast you reset your hubs... being really optimistic about both then I think there is a small benefit in upgrading to level 3, but if my calculations are correct then I don't think there is a big difference. I plan to upgrade mine to level 3, although I could really use my builders elsewhere. If you want to do the quests then you need at least 12 hubs at level 3.

Henroo

@The Fairy OK, I just sat down and did the math. You are going to lose some time on Gate of Dimensions overnight because a level 4 Gate only has a 2 hour queue. Lets say you keep Gate active and running for 18 hours a day. During this time, you'll make 45 Team Spirit badges. Each badge requires 36 medals to make. This means running the Gate will use 1620 medals a day.

With a L26 BTG I get 30 medals from a L2 Hub in a 4 hour run. With perfect timing I could do 4 runs making medals during the day and a 8 hour run overnight making elementals. However it might be hard to manage this timewise. I think 3 daytime medal productions and an overnight elemental production is more realistic. With 3 daily runs, my 12 L2 Hubs can make 1080 medals daily. So I'm 540 short of what I'd need to run my Gate wide open. Looks like I'll be doing the upgrades!