• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Chapter 21 - The Vallorian Legend

rickyht

I am not seeing a reply so here goes. Elvenar has always stood by the initial assurance that you do not have to battle in this game. In the past, when players got stuck because somebody forgot to add the decline button to a quest like this one, support has ALWAYS progressed the player to the next quest. All you should have to do is submit a support ticket. Worth a try?
I am running into a similar issue with quest # 31 to build an Orc Horde. I do not have an armory. I recruit all my Orcs using Other buildings and AW's. How am I supposed to build an Orc Horde without an Armory. Should I also submit a support ticket to rectify this issue?

Yogi Dave

Anyone looked at the squad size increases in this chapter? They appear to be around twice the increase that we usually get.
It's always been 3 times the squad size tech number which means tech 77 would have made the squad size 9015. Instead it is 9566. If it was 7 times instead of 3, the squad size would be 9551, which is strangely low by 15. What is wrong with this picture?

In this I'm assuming the times 3 worked through the chapter 20. The last tech was 75 in that chapter which should have made the squad size 8556. Can anyone verify that number?

Regardless, very interesting and a good catch that something changed.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's always been 3 times the squad size tech number which means tech 77 would have made the squad size 9015. Instead it is 9566. If it was 7 times instead of 3, the squad size would be 9551, which is strangely low by 15. What is wrong with this picture?

In this I'm assuming the times 3 worked through the chapter 20. The last tech was 75 in that chapter which should have made the squad size 8556. Can anyone verify that number?

Regardless, very interesting and a good catch that something changed.

I can be pretty sure that squad sizes through 75 worked as expected and have verified the squad size 75 number multiple times. Squad size 76 and 77 each added exactly 505, so we may be looking at a set value for a chapter rather than a value related to the tech # itself.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Squad size 76 and 77 each added exactly 505, so we may be looking at a set value for a chapter rather than a value related to the tech # itself.
What? o_O Inno changed the rules? They can do that? They have never changed any rule - ever. :eek: Until now.
I'll have to see what tech 78 does, though it's not a priority tech to do. I'll do the Workshop of Diabhal's Horde tech 1st.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Pheryll @Yogi Dave With Squad Size 79 researched (and all optional previous techs done), it is 10,696 if that helps. I don't quite follow the maths but interested to learn?

1692625358791.png

1692625532084.png

1692625379986.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll @Yogi Dave With Squad Size 79 researched (and all optional previous techs done), it is 10,696 if that helps. I don't quite follow the maths but interested to learn?

That is interesting, it means that 78 and 79 average 565, instead of 505 (the amount for 76 and 77).

From the 4 squad size techs, the total squad size is increased by just under 25% while the training speed increase for the chapter is above 10%. This is an oddity, and if it becomes a trend, then it can over the long haul
1) devalue the Shrooms wonder (the training size feature in particular) and make the bulwark and orc's nests a strong replacement for armories
2) decrease the need for advanced scouts for battling the world map, making scout times longer
3) increase the value of wonders that produce troops

Last edited:

LordVorKon

I've made a spreadsheet for Ch21 tracking in case it's useful for anyone else. The tab is "Vallorian Legend." There are a ton of other tabs you're welcome to explore as well if you'd like, but many of the previous chapter tabs are not fully complete (on some of them I basically stopped because there was enough variance in production strategies that it would be overcomplicated to put in a spreadsheet).

Note: I'm sure there are problems, maybe mistakes in calculations. Please point them out if you find them!
Two things:
1) Your calculations do not appear to take a Blooming Trader Guild into consideration.
2) Rounding: The Portal percentage calculated should be rounded down, but the additional products made should be individually rounded up. (That is, the bonus production from Prosperity/Portal should be rounded up, and separately the BTG bonus should also be rounded up and added to the total.)

Forex:
1692675073810.png

H7 is where I put the BTG bonus on my copy.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Forgot to post yesterday, but here goes, two weeks in now.

I'm on the same quest, but have progressed in research. After placing all the settlement buildings, community work has been no problem.
image_2023-08-22_174134500.png

I removed more manufactories to make space for Unurium and Mana producing buildings, which I added plenty off. I am making 4.8mill Mana and 390K Unurium per day. City layout
1692690422011.png41DRS_30FM_21MFH_15LF.jpg

I have finished all the settlement productions except the Rude Oblations (require Mana), and Dangerous Oblations (require Unurium). Both are made in the portal, which means I have no production need for the Vallorian Workshops or Diabhal's Workshops, but I do need them to stay in place for the Prosperity Factor on the Vallorian Dragon Tower production, so can't remove them yet.

My remaining research top half the research board requires mana, but I will make all the Oblations first, before spending mana and unurium on research. That will then allow me to remove the settlement workshops, both types, and reinstate and upgrade my manufactories.

I also recently went negative Prosperity, which didn't impact the Vallorian Tower production, it only means I can't build any more settlement buildings. That was a relief, and shows that the Settlement Prosperity Bonus is based on the number of settlement buildings placed, not the Prosperity provided by residences, workshops, barracks and main hall.
NegativeProsperity.jpg

Will finish mana (and unurium) production in 4-5 days, just in time before the Mana Rune expires. I have used plenty of time boosts to speed up production, but I am limited by Mana and Unurium production.

Will post again in a week, hopefully with a completed chapter.

Last edited:

Vigali

Two things:
1) Your calculations do not appear to take a Blooming Trader Guild into consideration.
2) Rounding: The Portal percentage calculated should be rounded down, but the additional products made should be individually rounded up. (That is, the bonus production from Prosperity/Portal should be rounded up, and separately the BTG bonus should also be rounded up and added to the total.)

Forex:
View attachment 16460
H7 is where I put the BTG bonus on my copy.

Excellent -- thank you! I've never run a BTG so never even thought to put it in, but I'll do that now.

I'll take a look at the rounding and make updates there too. Just want to confirm, are you saying the Portal production bonus is *always* rounded down, and that individual productions are *always* rounded up? So if Portal Production Bonus = 162.8%, it will use 162%? And if that means my Splintered Glass productions will be 30.2, it will make 31?

LordVorKon

Excellent -- thank you! I've never run a BTG so never even thought to put it in, but I'll do that now.

I'll take a look at the rounding and make updates there too. Just want to confirm, are you saying the Portal production bonus is *always* rounded down, and that individual productions are *always* rounded up? So if Portal Production Bonus = 162.8%, it will use 162%? And if that means my Splintered Glass productions will be 30.2, it will make 31?
Yes, as best I can determine that is exactly correct.

I'm currently at 711 prosperity, which is 711/600=1.185.

Looking at a level 2 Vallorian Workshop, we have base Prey production of 520 and base Dragon Glass production of 18.
(520 * 0.185 = 96.2) vs (520 * 0.180 = 93.6). My actual bonus production shows as 94.
18 * 0.180 = 3.24. Again actual bonus production shows as 4.

Similarly, my BTG grants +27% production at its current level
520 * 0.27 = 140.4 and my production bonus as shown in the browser is 141.

Vigali

Yes, as best I can determine that is exactly correct.

I'm currently at 711 prosperity, which is 711/600=1.185.

Looking at a level 2 Vallorian Workshop, we have base Prey production of 520 and base Dragon Glass production of 18.
(520 * 0.185 = 96.2) vs (520 * 0.180 = 93.6). My actual bonus production shows as 94.
18 * 0.180 = 3.24. Again actual bonus production shows as 4.

Similarly, my BTG grants +27% production at its current level
520 * 0.27 = 140.4 and my production bonus as shown in the browser is 141.
I saw something odd yesterday. My Prosperity was at 990, which 990/600 = 1.65 exactly. The expectation, then, was that my Portal Production Buff would be 165%. It wasn't -- it was listed in-game at 164%. I suppose it's possible that the way it's built requires you to be *over* any given 'whole number' percentage; i.e., you have to be at 165.1% to get 165%, and it rounds down from there. That seems like an overly complicated way to build something, though.

Dhurrin

Forgot to post yesterday, but here goes, two weeks in now.

I'm on the same quest, but have progressed in research. After placing all the settlement buildings, community work has been no problem.
View attachment 16461

I removed more manufactories to make space for Unurium and Mana producing buildings, which I added plenty off. I am making 4.8mill Mana and 390K Unurium per day. City layout
View attachment 16462View attachment 16464

I have finished all the settlement productions expect the Rude Oblations (require Mana), and Dangerous Oblations (require Unurium). Both are made in the portal, which means I have no production need for the Vallorian Workshops or Diabhal's Workshops, but I do need them to stay in place for the Prosperity Factor on the Vallorian Dragon Tower production, so can't remove them yet.

My remaining research top half the research board requires mana, but I will make all the Oblations first, before spending mana and unurium on research. That will then allow me to remove the settlement workshops, both types, and reinstate and upgrade my manufactories.

I also recently went negative Prosperity, which didn't impact the Vallorian Tower production, it only means I can't build any more settlement buildings. That was a relief, and shows that the Settlement Prosperity Bonus is based on the number of settlement buildings placed, not the Prosperity provided by residences, workshops, barracks and main hall.
View attachment 16463

Will finish mana (and unurium) production in 4-5 days, just in time before the Mana Rune expires. I have used plenty of time boosts to speed up production, but I am limited by Mana and Unurium production.

Will post again in a week, hopefully with a completed chapter.
LOL. And I thought I was pushing through this chapter too fast.
I have decided to take it easy and slow through the 2nd half - last 1/3rd of the chapter as there very likely won't be anything else for quite a while, considering it took about 10 months for chap 21 to be released.
As for mana, I entered the chapter with about 25 million in stock but am rather low now, added some more mana-producers, but mostly use the DA to generate mana...*chuckles*...since I run my entire city on 2 magical workshops and a lv 35 PT my workshops are spelled for the next 9 months or so already. Good thing those spells just add to the duration.

My residences were 50-50 coins and communitywork. I have found that about 65-35 coins-community work is enough for me most of the time. High culture bonus helps.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have not loaded it into elven architect yet for a screenshot, but my layout ended up being 30x25, which allows for the level 4 portal and 10 each of the two production buildings, all at level 4. Yes, I have 30 expansions of space to use for this chapter.

I am running into a similar issue with quest # 31 to build an Orc Horde. I do not have an armory. I recruit all my Orcs using Other buildings and AW's. How am I supposed to build an Orc Horde without an Armory. Should I also submit a support ticket to rectify this issue?
I submitted a ticket for the quest to upgrade the barracks. The response was that they cannot complete or circumvent any quests. My level 5 barracks will stay level 5 and I am stuck in the quest tree. Upgrading the armory was required for several previous chapters. I am not sure how you completed those quests without an armory. As was suggested earlier, you can teleport the armory. You cannot teleport a barracks.

It is extremely frustrating that armies and support buildings are not required until chapter 21. It seems like broken promises on being able to chose your play style.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I submitted a ticket for the quest to upgrade the barracks. The response was that they cannot complete or circumvent any quests. My level 5 barracks will stay level 5 and I am stuck in the quest tree. Upgrading the armory was required for several previous chapters. I am not sure how you completed those quests without an armory. As was suggested earlier, you can teleport the armory. You cannot teleport a barracks.

It is extremely frustrating that armies and support buildings are not required until chapter 21. It seems like broken promises on being able to chose your play style.

You don't have to complete the quests to keep playing the way you like. They will become declinable once you enter the next chapter. I know it might be a while but it's not stopping you from doing what you want. And yes, it's not perfect.

Edit: I've never done the story line quests till I hit the end of game because they always asked for something I didn't want to do.

Last edited:

Dadnaz

Hello all,

I’m halfway through chapter 21 now. That’s my opinion so far:

• You will need tons of mana for the chapter. Everything requires mana. Settlement production, upgrades and research. Make sure you can produce a ton of it daily. There is a Culture building you will research early in the chapter (Seasnake Biotop) it’s amazing for mana, but costs 3600 diamonds, but if you have the diamonds, not a bad way to spend them.
  • Prosperity: You get prosperity just by upgrading buildings in this chapter, once you upgrade your residences and workshops, you should have enough prosperity for the chapter, just don’t teleport the residences, you will need them for prosperity and Community tickets.
  • Unurium may be a problem, also make sure you are making good amounts daily.
  • Seeds are a problem too, but more manageable.
  • (My tip for Unurium and seeds is: Upgrade the Temple of Spirits as much as you can before and during the chapter. Focus The trader on one of them, seeds or Unurium, I left my trader making seeds 24/7 since Unurium is easier to get. Spire and events.
  • Community work: You will start to make community work in the residences. You will need to change every one of them from gold to Community ticket. As soon as you finish the research for the community ticket, upgrade and change all residences to community ticket, since you will need them early in the chapter. Community tickets decay every night by 10%. After you have your settlement, you can split the residences between ticket and gold. You will need around 22k community tickets for the chapter, but remember they decay, so you must keep making it to compensate.
  • Settlement: You can get settlement layout in other posts. Tips:
  • Try to upgrade the Vallorian Dragon Tower to lvl 4 as fast as you can (This is mandatory, makes all the difference. (Best way to use some diamonds if you have)
  • You will start making Vallorian Workshops first. Make around 5 to 6 of it. Don’t make more than 9. You will upgrade them to lvl 2 fast.
  • As soon as you can make the Workshop of Diabhal’s Horde, make as many as you can. I had 18 at one point. They are cheap to make. You will upgrade them to lvl 2 fast.
  • At this point the chapter will get stuck a bit. There are 2 possible ways here: You can either do the research that allows you to upgrade the Training grounds and the Ascended Goods first or you can do the two research that allow you to upgrade the settlement workshops first. It will depend on how you play. You will need a ton of ascended goods for the chapter. The faster way to finish the chapter is to go for the settlement workshop upgrades first.
  • After you research and upgrade the Vallorian workshops to lvl 4 (you should have 9 of them by now). You can start to destroy some Diabhal’s and leave only 9 of them (If you can have a few more, good, but 9 should do).
  • Nine of each Workshop at lvl 4, should take you through the chapter without trouble.
  • Make sure you produce Ascended goods daily. Use the merchants as much as you can. You will need sentient goods too, but they are easier to get, since you can trade them anytime and use 1 star in an emergency.
  • Oblations: Try to start making them as soon as you can. 3 of them are a 2-hour production and 1 of them is an 8-hour production. (Make it at night). What you need will vary based on the research, but even if you can’t do what you need for the next research, make something else. Keep making them.
  • Orcish Art: You will need it in the beginning, in large amounts, after that they will be used to make one of the Oblations. You will need to do what you need for the first few research, after you only need it for Oblation it’s easy. I’m making them at night every 2 days, using all Workshops, or you can split the workshops. (No problem here)
  • After that (all that) the chapter should go easy. Good luck and have fun!
Final considerations: The workshops work in a cross production; you will need the production of one to use the other. Balance of what you are making is key. Most of the times you will split the production in 3 batches, since you have 9 Workshops making 3 different things.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Has anyone talked at all about how tremendous the Cauldron ability, Settlement Goods Boost, is for making extra goods in the two buildings? I have it at level 78, because I planned in advance for this chapter, and when adding fragments and getting a critical success, I got a 58% boost that lasted for almost 60 hours. Even if is only a percent of the regular production, it helps a lot.