• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cross Trades are nightmares for people!

Trade Needs. Please vote below if you feel that the Trader window needs to have additional filters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Part of the game for me is the aesthetic appeal of the city; hence my desire to have a variety of manufactories and not focus on just a production mentality for only 1 or 2 goods.
Unfortunately you have to choose between form and function. Every player gets 3 boosted goods, one from each tier.

The boost system is designed to promote trading and gives incentive to join a fellowship.
At max level your boosted goods make 8 times as much as non-boosted.
So if you are boosted in marble, a marble building would make 32,000 marble a day, and a plank would make 4,000.
With the general suggestion being to make around 6 Tier 1 buildings that means that instead of 192,000 you would make 24,000.
You might like the look of having some of each, but running 9 different types of factories means you will always struggle.

DeletedUser7406

Hmmm. Well, to struggle a bit might be part of the price to do what I like: creating a unique, visually appealing city that can still subsist at some smaller level making all goods.

In the end, for me, the trip is the enjoyment as much as the destination. I am part of a fellowship - new, small and mostly there to see that everyone is getting neighborly help all the time.

Since 'time' really is the bottom line (if you are willing to wait long enough and let the game sit and do it's thing) you can produce enough eventually to get from A to B to etc...much slower than others, but I have to think that there really isn't supposed to be an 'end game' here. I'm okay with that. Any game is a diversion from the stuff of real life every now and then. Hopefully, I can trade my boosted goods through the FS and the trader now and then to not only play for what gives me fun, but be a part of providing someone else's fun too.

DeletedUser1996

Personally - I don`t think Cross Dressed trades are that bad ! I don`t mind them - As long as they are fair -(according to the trader) "Most of the time" -I find- its a newbie that is not in a FS And Are trying to survive. So I help !! -I dont care-If they are 2 star,1 star or Zero star-I will Help !
The trader SUCKS Now` and they need help!! -So I do it. Sometimes folks try to abuse those trades !! I just choose "NOT " to get those trades ! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3122

I cut down the number of crystal manufactories to 4 to make room for a couple of extra steel and plank shops.

Up until the Fairy chapter, I always only had 3 tier 2 manufactories, precisely because I wanted 6 tier 1's so that I didn't have an over-abundance of tier 2 in comparison to tier 1. I also never wanted to cross trade, because of the reasons I mentioned in my other post.

When we offer advice of how to get rid of this "problem," you seem pretty adamant in how you want to build your city. So if you are adamant, you will experience ongoing frustration. Most people aren't going to like cross-tier trades that seem unfair. Like it or not. <shrugs>

I also would like to have every goods buildings, but there are too many drawbacks. I would like to make my city look like I have parks, etc. There just isn't the land to do it.

As for the Phoenix reward to produce non-boosted, a person is better off having the Ancient Wonders Crystal Lighthouse that allow them to visit other player's cities and get goods they may not normally get as a bonus (you get the goods whether they have boosted you or not). Or build one non-boosted factory to get the same amount of goods in 24 hours. It's all a waste of land to me, which is why I'd rather just have the AW. AWs give ranking points and other benefits. The Phoenix rewards don't.

Not saying you're wrong, just if your strategy is frustrating you, you might want to rethink it.

SoggyShorts

As for the Phoenix reward to produce non-boosted, a person is better off having the Ancient Wonders Crystal Lighthouse that allow them to visit other player's cities and get goods they may not normally get as a bonus
This is incorrect, the Lighthouse gives you some of your boosted goods when you visit someone.
Hmmm. Well, to struggle a bit might be part of the price to do what I like: creating a unique, visually appealing city that can still subsist at some smaller level making all goods.
I like this whole post- if progress isn't important to you, the efficiency doesn't matter. I will say though, that by slowing your progress by up to 80% you will take much longer to unlock some of the more beautiful buildings as well as space to put them in, so that might still be a consideration for you.

SoggyShorts

You misread him, there and/or don't understand the light house properly. He said you get both boosted and unboosted, which is (I think) correct. It gives random goods of both kinds equally, which means approximately 2/3 of what you receive will be non-boosted.
Nope, I'm right.
mlmcdc.jpg
Feels so good being right (all the time?) heheeh

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Lol I had to go do 20 world visits just to be 100% sure and check and then still check Mykans guide. Not that I was only 99% sure before, you can't prove that....

DeletedUser3122

This is incorrect, the Lighthouse gives you some of your boosted goods when you visit someone.

You're right, I was wrong about that. Which sucks because you know, that is totally useless for the space the AW takes up! It's like having only 2 benefits instead of 3. Oh well.

I still don't like the Phoenix goods producing buildings. To me, that's a useless waste of space. But to each their own.

DeletedUser1996

Yes -The Lighthouse or GBS (Great Bell Spire) Gives you only a small % of Boosted goods when visiting (polishing -Whatever you like to call it !).

SoggyShorts

Which sucks because you know, that is totally useless for the space the AW takes up!
Yes, but there's still hope!:

The devs have said that in the AW rebalancing benefits will be % based. For example the Golden Abyss give you a % of your working population as additional population, and a % of your coin capacity as coins every 3h.
If this holds true for the LH/BS balancing then instead of the super pathetic +8 of your boosted goods we may see a % of your daily production:
planks.png

Planks
silk.png

Silk
magic_dust.png

Magic Dust
Any percent higher than 0.17% would be better than a flat 8 planks. If it's a % of my boosted production you can add +700% to that.

DeletedUser3507

That's because you can't fight in new tourneys and must use goods to cater them. Causing depletion of goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I imagine they'd have trouble scaling the LH/BS at a flat rate based on boost, because for anyone in the early/middle, boosts are usually different for different Tiers.

SoggyShorts

I imagine they'd have trouble scaling the LH/BS at a flat rate based on boost, because for anyone in the early/middle, boosts are usually different for different Tiers.
Good point, so let's say they ignore boosts, and it starts off at 0.5% of total production per visit for level 1 lighthouse.
That means visiting 100 players would increase my goods by about 3.1% a day compared to the 0.6% I get now.
Seems like a more reasonable ROI to start, and promoting neighborhood visits in any way would be great (like fixing player movement hint hint)
New system I made up:
Total Production 8,425 x 0.5% x 100 visits = 4,200 bonus goods for 100 visits (assuming it's rounded down to 42 per visit)
Total Boosted production is 8,425+700%= 67,400
4,200/67,400 = 6.2% gained.
note: I used 24h productions for the math above, but since I do 9h+3hx5 my actual daily production is about double, hence 3.1% instead of 6.2%
Current system:
Flat 8x100 visits = 800
Total Boosted production is 8,425+700%= 67,400
800/67,400=1.2%
note: I used 24h productions for the math above, but since I do 9h+3hx5 my actual daily production is about double, hence 0.6% instead of 1.2%

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It seems to me they'd want to avoid having the wonder be of different value for different people at the same level, or rewarding people who turn their entire city into goods production of a single item. That makes me think they are more likely to match it to something like Main Hall level, but since they are using population for the other one, you could be right.

DeletedUser7406

When we offer advice of how to get rid of this "problem," you seem pretty adamant in how you want to build your city. So if you are adamant, you will experience ongoing frustration. Most people aren't going to like cross-tier trades that seem unfair. Like it or not. <shrugs>

My point really isn't about how I want to build my city so much. All I'm putting forth is that it isn't cross trading that creates the problem, it's players being greedy. Cross trading so that both players come out feeling satisfied is only a benefit to the game, not a nightmare.

Based upon production of boosted only goods due to space limitations, cross trading is a necessity. Unless I have misread some earlier posts, I was under the impression that some people were desiring that cross trading be removed from the game completely. Since no one can make everything for themselves as you say, I don't see that as viable.

As for seeming unfair, I don't think I'm putting up any trades that are anything less than reasonable (no one seems to want my marble,
and I can't produce gems yet, so crystal is all I can do in any quantity to trade):
Untitled.jpg

DeletedUser3297

For me, production values are meaningless.. Anything less than 1:1 is not a fair deal. I only accept cross-tier if it's from a new player or if a fellowship member is running low, which does not happen too often. Once you get up to a level where you can produce your boosts and trade for the rest, I stop taking those cross tier trades.

Even a city that wants to have all the manufactories should be able to produce their boosts at a decent volume to trade for the rest. From my experience so far, you only need 2 of each boost to make it through the entire game (unless your boosts are planks or marble, I would probably have a few more of those). That leaves you plenty of space to add non-boosts.

DeletedUser3122

All I'm putting forth is that it isn't cross trading that creates the problem, it's players being greedy.

Considering that the majority of experienced players don't do cross trades, you've just painted a wide swath of players as greedy. :)

Considering we've given you some solid reasons why it's not a good idea, I doubt you're going to convince the majority of players in the game that cross trading is the way to go.