• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Armorer

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashram,
I will answer you for clarity sake. I did not close voting and should have been more precise in the wording that I was forwarding to The CM; the Idea as approved based on the expected outcome. The vote disparity indicated the idea would pass. I may have jumped the gun on passing it along based on the limited opportunities to get ideas presented in November.

I did not change the process and advised explicitly that the issue of changing it should be brought to the New CM.

As for who voted, any player that has or creates a forum account can vote, including FS mates who personally benefit from the idea being voted on. Just as you can have your FS mates come to vote No.
Again, if you wish to suggest a change in the rules or procedures, please get in touch with the CM. As the New CM is from the EN server side, there may be a perspective difference on the rules and procedures.
I don't want things changed about ideas and polls. I want them consistent. Better wording would probably have helped, but unless you were prepared to go and recall the idea if the ratios changed, all that matters is once you forwarded it my vote was no longer relevant if I chose to exercise it. I was waffling about voting and didn't bother because it no longer mattered. I might be the only one, I might not. This really isn't about me or you. Players (especially those of us putting down money) will expect that things are done according to the way they are described. Hopefully we can both learn from this and move on.

Edit to add:

A vote with a high number of participants which is contentious should probably be handled carefully. In the past, possibly on a different server, the mods would scrutinize the votes a little to watch for anything odd. Since privacy has prevailed, it's very difficult for players to point out anomalies. We aren't normally going to do the kind of scrutiny I did above because it's a lot of effort when you can't see IP addresses and affiliations of voters. I only looked here because another player said most of the participants are regular forum folk and that did not jive with my mental image of the discussion.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If the tournament stats are irrelevant, why did you participate in testing Elvenstats?
Elvenstats was about helping like-minded players find each other, including complementary boosts (which mattered then)
Also, I was a part of Elvenstats Beta prior to the tournament changes, back when getting 10 chests wasn't automatic.

Neither of those is relevant in the game anymore (10 chests is a gimme, and boosts don't reflect production)
Are you saying that your FS doesn't look at a player's tournament performance as one of the criteria for joining you?
Actually, we don't. We will get 10 chests by accident even if half of our members are absent, and the difference between 10 chests and however many we get with a full team is negligible, which has been my point the whole time.
Just like the difference between doing 1 path in the FA and clearing each map is basically nothing, so we don't bother.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
about what I would get and if I think it is reasonable or not and with all the prizes I am already getting from the tournament, I don't think it is reasonable.
Feel free to disenchant some of the rewards if they are too plentiful in the #1 fellowship ;)

I am surely not kidding, I don't think the top needs even more prizes, put it somewhere where "everyone" can get it.
See that I think is a terrible idea as it simply makes things easier for everyone with no increased effort.
Effort and progress should be rewarded. That's a pretty standard thing for games since the invention of games.

Last edited:

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
There are not enough blueberry muffins in the world to save us if it turns into those forums.
Did someone say muffins ?

Guys guys guys …Things here …will never be like things there or anywhere else. Those “others” don’t have and never will have what we have here….and that is US ….
No disrespect to any CM who is or was ever here …
It’s up to us , the players to maintain the great foundation Helya laid for us .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Helya was a good FM, but the forums weren't exactly terrible before, too....
She is a CM and has much more access and jurisdiction than a FM, which makes a huge difference. Nothing here automatically goes anywhere. Without someone championing our ideas that has REAL access to devs, we're just talking amongst ourselves. It wouldn't matter what anyone proposes for a game improvement. Everything would just stay here on the forums and never budge no matter which way you vote. Without a CM fighting for our voices to be heard, the forum is just be an echo chamber of mostly people complaining :)

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
She is a CM and has much more access and jurisdiction than a FM, which makes a huge difference. Nothing here automatically goes anywhere. Without someone championing our ideas that has REAL access to devs, we're just be talking amongst ourselves. It wouldn't matter what anyone proposes for a game improvement. Everything would just stay here on the forums and never budge no matter which way you vote. Without a CM fighting for our voices to be heard, the forum is just be an echo chamber of mostly people complaining :)
Sorry for Typing FM instead of CM. The fact remains things were not terrible in the half decade before Helya became CM.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
@Ashrem Nobody said anything was terrible . Nobody said anything about the past , or past CM or anything remotely close to that matter .
Pick something else to argue and disagree with today … your not gonna find it here .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
The fact remains things were not terrible in the half decade before Helya became CM.
Exactly! Those of us that have been on the EN forum know the person wearing that title can change the whole forum experience.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem Nobody said anything was terrible . Nobody said anything about the past , or past CM or anything remotely close to that matter .
Pick something else to argue and disagree with today … your not gonna find it here .
Got it. There were just no foundations until Helya laid them. Possibly we simply don't understand the word "foundations" to mean the same thing.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

I know Ash can be nitpicky.
but
In his defense you did say it was up to us to maintain the foundation Helya built.
Ash was just pointing out that this wasn't exactly chaos before her.

For my part, I do think she is about as good of an FM or CM as I've seen.
She managed to keep things under control without being a tyrant.