• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Easter set almost impossible to get?

The Unbeliever

Ah, but don't you ALSO require 2 of each of the daily set buildings in order to get everything into a nice, neat rectangle arrangement?! ;)

DeletedUser6189

Nice job, @Pheryll !

I'm not big with stats. I just do real basic calculation. So it's awesome that you guys followed up on this a bit more.

So to make sure I'm understanding things right ...

If I ONLY OPEN SMALL CHESTS ...

.... I can open 44 small chests for daily prizes (like the Lighthouse or Wishing Well, etc.) ....
.... then I need to open 123 small chests on days that offer double feathers.

That will offer the BEST POSSIBLE CHANCE of getting ALL THREE Grand Prizes?

DeletedUser3468

Has anyone figured just plain luck into this? Just tried for the Flower Cage. I was only going to make one attempt since I wanted to hold onto essence for the double day. I ended up making 6 tries because I kept getting extra essence. Out of 6 tries I got 140 essence twice and 200 essence twice. Sadly, I did not get the Flower Cage... sigh! :oops:;) (but I did get the first grand prize... plus a bunch of points towards the second one.)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Has anyone figured just plain luck into this?
That's....not really possible. We can calculate probabilities, but guessing where one specific player will land is just guessing.
Flip a coin, we know it's 50:50, but for your specific coin toss, I have no way of knowing if it will be heads or tails.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Nice job, @Pheryll !

I'm not big with stats. I just do real basic calculation. So it's awesome that you guys followed up on this a bit more.

So to make sure I'm understanding things right ...

If I ONLY OPEN SMALL CHESTS ...

.... I can open 44 small chests for daily prizes (like the Lighthouse or Wishing Well, etc.) ....
.... then I need to open 123 small chests on days that offer double feathers.

That will offer the BEST POSSIBLE CHANCE of getting ALL THREE Grand Prizes?

The 44 chests are intended for the lighthouse and pavilion. If you are looking at additional items (like the wishing well) then you might not be able to afford the third grand prize. The numbers given are for an average. If you are lucky on the daily buildings, plan on being unlucky on the Grand prize and reserve more essences for chests there (for the Grand prize you are looking for the sky essence rewards to perpetuate your chest openings). If a large number of people play by this strategy and collect enough essences then many of them (but by no means all) will be able to achieve the grand prize plus the daily buildings.

DeletedUser6189

The 44 chests are intended for the lighthouse and pavilion. If you are looking at additional items (like the wishing well) then you might not be able to afford the third grand prize. The numbers given are for an average. If you are lucky on the daily buildings, plan on being unlucky on the Grand prize and reserve more essences for chests there (for the Grand prize you are looking for the sky essence rewards to perpetuate your chest openings). If a large number of people play by this strategy and collect enough essences then many of them (but by no means all) will be able to achieve the grand prize plus the daily buildings.

Got it.

I'm not really going for the set buildings (as cool as they are). So I'll just pick 2-3 other daily buildings (like the wishing well), and use the 44 chests on those.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Balderdinger on US live posted an interesting bit of information:

Essence gains:
2788 Main quest
875 Daily quests
600 collected ess (assuming 1 per hour)
I have been convinced for a while that the daily collection is improved, with missed wilderness-eggs showing up more than on/hour after I log back in.

Unless I am worse at math than I thought, the essences are doing better than 24/day (even though I sleep a minimum 8 hours a day, and should be missing a minimum of 2/day. I'll let others check the math:

We've had 8 daily quests, and I am finished the main sequence. I have completed all 8 daily quests. That is 2788+(8*35)=3068. I have 3310, which is 242 extra essences. The event started 6 days and 19 hours ago, which (at 24/day) would be 163. That implies to me that I am collecting at lest 10/day more than 24.

I did NOT get the 100 free essences email.

upload_2018-3-25_19-29-47.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Check Junk mail.
I went through hell trying to launch the link given in the email. Cause of add-on blocks and other things... ugh took 20mins. to find a way to get +100, lol
At 3416 now.
Thanks, but I check my junk mail every day, more than once. I still have the email for the 100 free keys in the winter event, but have not received one for this one. That was not (particularly) a complaint, simply information that none of my essences are a result of that.

SoggyShorts

the essences are doing better than 24/day
I can't find it atm, but I think the ratio is 13:4:1
Meaning of 18 collects you should get one 3x and four 2x and 13 singles which would give you 24 in 18 hours.
Or an average of 1.27 ess per click.
If you are only missing 2 per day you should get ~28 ess per day.

juniperknome

i do'nt do the set buildings way too much space for the gain i was hoping for the orc buildings i just opened orcs when the contest started

SoggyShorts

See, that's the thing, I think I'm getting 34-36/day, even though I miss 2 picks.
280 from 8 daily quests so far
2788 from main quests
50 starting ess (at least I think we always start with 50?)
---------
3118 ess

You have 3310 ess

That's 192 extra
If the average is 1.27 per click that's
192/1.27=151 clicks
6 days 19h you said. missing 2/d with sleep
(24-2)*6+19=151 clicks

That worked out even better than I thought it would:)
Of course if I'm wrong, and we don't start with 50 then you are getting well above average.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The wishing well is Day 10 prize (coming soon to live). If you have been collecting essences frequently and have cleared the sequential quests, then you can expect on average about 10 of them as Soggy and other Beta users have received.

DeletedUser13002

I still don't get all the math myself, but ... I've always only opened the big chests for the higher chances at the daily reward (I thought that's what it was all about). But if the odds of recycling essence are higher in the small chest, that would give you more chances at the daily prize anyway, and increase your score for the Grand Prizes. Am I understanding this correctly...?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I still don't get all the math myself, but ... I've always only opened the big chests for the higher chances at the daily reward (I thought that's what it was all about). But if the odds of recycling essence are higher in the small chest, that would give you more chances at the daily prize anyway, and increase your score for the Grand Prizes. Am I understanding this correctly...?
I think that is the consensus, but I don't remember the most recent highly-detailed breakdown (because it depends on whether you'd rather get extra KP if you miss the daily prize, or 14 hour instants vs 5 hour instants). In my opinion, the differences are so small that you will get more satisfaction out of deciding what you'd like to get as your off-prizes and picking accordingly.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The most detail you need for determining the better chest for certain rewards is the average sky essence expenditure, the table can be found on page 1 of this thread. Of course, some may note that if you are interested in the maximum hours for time instants, then waiting for the time instants to be a daily prize and using the small chest then will net better results than the large chest, and the table does not address that particular scenario.