• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

AtaguS

And I don't see them in this event, but if some magical mana huts come around someday soon, those are amazingly efficient
Come to think of if...when was the last time these were around? I have been looking for some time. Especially now with RR spells, these are soooo good

Risen Malchiah

Mana huts were last seen in the Summer Solstice & Mermaids events in 2019. It's possible they might reappear again this summer but hopefully sooner.

Deleted User - 3932582

There are other good mana producers that show up in the events regularly. Mana Huts look good on per tile basis, but being very small means you spend more tiles on road access. Unless you like to squeeze them into already existing nooks an crannies - the huts are perfect for that.

I like to build in blocks, so usually prefer larger buildings. Burning Pools and Manta Rays are excellent 4x3 mana producers. Don't know about Manta Rays (these are new), but Burning Pools usually show up in the Easter event, so you may want to watch out for these.

Deleted User - 3932582

Manta Rays came out of the sea, during the Mermaid event
I know, but we've only seen Rays once, so I don't know if these would be showing up again, especially regularly ;) I think Burning Pools were pretty consistent so far.

KarlD

Also don't forget the Moonstone Library Set from the Spire. The Mana Plant is an excellent source of mana when combined with other members of the set. Because you have to combine it with other buildings the amount of mana produced in the space occupied by the entire set may not be quite as high as a Magical Mana Hut, but when you factor in the added culture and production of the various buildings it's well worth placing those buildings if you win them. I looked at a 3x4 configuration of Moonstone Library Set buildings consisting of 6 Mana Plants and 4 Gum Trees at the corners surrounding an Endless Scrolls so that the Mana Plants all get the maximum link bonus. Even ignoring what the other buildings produce it produced a very respectable amount of mana in that space, especially compared to a Willow (over twice as much per square), and even more than a Mana Sawmill. When you add in the culture and goods from the other buildings, it's hands down the best use of the space.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Also don't forget the Moonstone Library Set from the Spire. The Mana Plant is an excellent source of mana when combined with other members of the set. Because you have to combine it with other buildings the amount of mana produced in the space occupied by the entire set may not be quite as high as a Magical Mana Hut, but when you factor in the added culture and production of the various buildings it's well worth placing those buildings if you win them. I looked at a 3x4 configuration of Moonstone Library Set buildings consisting of 6 Mana Plants and 4 Gum Trees at the corners surrounding an Endless Scrolls so that the Mana Plants all get the maximum link bonus. Even ignoring what the other buildings produce it produced a very respectable amount of mana in that space, especially compared to a Willow (over twice as much per square), and even more than a Mana Sawmill. When you add in the culture and goods from the other buildings, it's hands down the best use of the space.

The mana plant is more than 50% better per square than the mana hut. That said the highest mana producer per square is the reveler's fountain and if you go by full set space, than the highest producer is the frost carved christmas trees. The set buildings really do have an advantage over the regular ones.

Deleted User - 3932582

While Mana Plants have excellent per tile efficiency (well, assuming you're interested in other things in the set, to max link bonuses), they are tiny. It is hard to build a bulk of mana production on Mana Plants; you will need something bigger to make a backbone of your mana operations. The sets mentioned above are excellent for that, but alas, these are no longer available. A farm of Mana Huts/Burning Pools, perhaps Festival Merchants in the lower chapters, would probably be a target for efficient mana generation nowadays. Supplemented with Dragon Abbey for that peak output when it is needed.

KarlD

While Mana Plants have excellent per tile efficiency (well, assuming you're interested in other things in the set, to max link bonuses), they are tiny. It is hard to build a bulk of mana production on Mana Plants; you will need something bigger to make a backbone of your mana operations. The sets mentioned above are excellent for that, but alas, these are no longer available. A farm of Mana Huts/Burning Pools, perhaps Festival Merchants in the lower chapters, would probably be a target for efficient mana generation nowadays. Supplemented with Dragon Abbey for that peak output when it is needed.
It is my contention that a 3x4 configuration of mana plants and gum trees surrounding an endless scrolls is actually more productive than a Mana Sawmill, which is a pretty decent mana producer, even if you don't care about the other stuff. I suggested the Moonstone Library Set, Mana Sawmill, and Festival Merchant as good mana sources because they are all currently available. No, they are not available on demand and probably won't be the backbone of one's mana production, at least right away, but that was never my intent in mentioning them. All those options produce at least 2 times as much mana per square as a Willow and so are well worth crafting (Festival Merchant and Mana Sawmill) when one has the opportunity or placing (Moonstone Library Set) if they win they are won. If one can replace a Willow with something half its size that's a significant benefit to their city each time they do it. Also keep in mind the advice is primarily aimed at someone entering Woodelves and so production is being compared against Willows which typically are the backbone of mana production.

Deleted User - 3932582

I finally got the 7th artifact today, with 8 days left in the event. This has been another event where I have had horrible luck getting candies back as chest prizes, only 640 total, or I would have gotten this sooner. With only 280 candies from the remaining 8 daily quests, and maybe 200 more from spawns, I will definitely not get to an 8th artifact without my chest luck totally reversing, and may not even complete the current in-between grand prize.
Just dumped all my candies today in one go, so can report on the results. I accumulated almost exactly 6450 candies by day 18, and got 13.2 grand prizes out of that (so just got artifact #7 which would be enough for L8 evolution). This is pretty much on expected target for the strategy I used (~13.5). Given that there are only daily drops and daily quests left, it is practically impossible for me to get another artifact, but I may still get another GP.

I have not targeted grand prizes though. The best strategy for that would have expected yield of almost 14.9 GP over the same amount of candies, and given that there are still candies left would certainly be expected to reach the next artifact. So basically the difference between the best strategy for GPs and others is that expected number of artifacts would be enough to evolve to L9 vs L8.

I did much better than anticipated on the daily prizes this time around (30 vs <23 expected). Too bad that there was nothing exciting, so I just resorted to farming KPs. Oh well ;)

Foldedspace

I do very much appreciate the set quest list, so I could plan ahead, and being able to use lvl 1 buildings to fulfill quest requirement. Such a refreshing throwback! I wish I had been able to level my event building up all the way, but unfortunately I'll only be able to get it to level 8. A handful more quests would have made a big difference. Still much much better than the last few events.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Risen Malchiah You must have read my mind. I need 133K of mana to upgrade my Main Hall. Found a Mana Hut in my inventory but it's only producing gems. Will it change to mana when the Woodelves arrive? I hope, I hope, I hope.

@KarlD Thank you for the advice. I have 2 Mana Sawmills, 1 built and 1 in my inventory, but they are also producing gems. Once the Woodelves arrive and I build the one in my inventory, will it start producing mana?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Found a Mana Hut in my inventory but it's only producing gems. Will it change to mana when the Woodelves arrive? I hope, I hope, I hope.
I have 2 Mana Sawmills, 1 built and 1 in my inventory, but they are also producing gems. Once the Woodelves arrive and I build the one in my inventory, will it start producing mana?
For buildings to produce mana they must be of the woodelves chapter or later. That means you will need to upgrade buildings of the orc chapter to the woodelves chapter for them to produce mana. Alternatively you can gain another copy after you enter woodelves and replace the old one.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Pheryll Thank you for answering my questions. Looks like I will need a lot of Royal Restoration spells to upgrade these buildings. I'll keep an eye out for the recipes to produce these spells.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Risen Malchiah Thank you for the advice. It's going to be challenging building the Woodelves' Portal site, it's Forest Fabrication and Marble, Steel and Planks Grafting Sites. Some players suggested I build 4 Forest Fabrications, 4 Planks Grafting Sites. and 6 Marble and Steel Grafting Sites. I think that's going to take up about 12 land expansions. Oh boy. A lot of my event buildings give population. I'm going to need to work on upgrading my Golden Abyss as quickly as possible.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think it’s mean the game devs gave us an event quest to trade with the Wholesaler 12 times. That will deplete most of my resources and all my Instants. Also, Collect Enchantment Items can only be found in the Magic Academy. Since I don’t have anymore Instants, I’ll need to wait an entire day for the Enchantments to complete this quest. But one good thing I noticed. There’s lots of pet food to make in the Magic Academy. Yay! My baby bears won’t starve.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's going to be challenging building the Woodelves' Portal site, it's Forest Fabrication and Marble, Steel and Planks Grafting Sites. Some players suggested I build 4 Forest Fabrications, 4 Planks Grafting Sites. and 6 Marble and Steel Grafting Sites. I think that's going to take up about 12 land expansions
If you have lots of PP, and are willing to forgo quests, I think all you need is lost of forest fabrication. Everything else can come from the PPs.