• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Evolution of the Phoenix feedback

DeletedUser1390

I have a rather belated suggestion regarding the Storm Phoenix, which I elected to evolve (mostly to be different from virtually everyone else in my clan.)

I understand the rationale for the 3.5hr duration for the feeding effect: the idea is you can start it right before collecting on a production of any length, and then be able to get one more 3hr production under the spell. Assuming for the sake of argument that this is fair value, the problem I find is with the execution: somehow I can almost never manage to make the second collection in that 30min window when it's available and still buffed.

So I'd like to suggest making the duration slightly longer, perhaps 4 or 5 hours. This would NOT change the fundamental value of the effect: since the minimum production time for factories is 3hr, you could still just get one longer production + one 3hr production in. It would simply make the application a bit more flexible and practical, by making the collection window for that second production a bit less stringent than the current 30min.

Arayla

I have a rather belated suggestion regarding the Storm Phoenix, which I elected to evolve (mostly to be different from virtually everyone else in my clan.)

I understand the rationale for the 3.5hr duration for the feeding effect: the idea is you can start it right before collecting on a production of any length, and then be able to get one more 3hr production under the spell. Assuming for the sake of argument that this is fair value, the problem I find is with the execution: somehow I can almost never manage to make the second collection in that 30min window when it's available and still buffed.

So I'd like to suggest making the duration slightly longer, perhaps 4 or 5 hours. This would NOT change the fundamental value of the effect: since the minimum production time for factories is 3hr, you could still just get one longer production + one 3hr production in. It would simply make the application a bit more flexible and practical, by making the collection window for that second production a bit less stringent than the current 30min.

You'll be happy to see this then: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/make-storm-and-aureate-pet-food-last-longer.12891/

It is a suggestion on Beta that has already been polled, approved, and sent on to the Development Team. This does not guarantee that it will get changed, but it is the best we can do.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Wow, thanks for posting the link - I am indeed happy to see my idea has already been laid out so clearly, voted on and passed on!
It does seem like a reasonable fix since as pointed out it doesn't really effect play balance. So we'll hope for the best.;)

It is so rare that people propose such reasonable and easy improvements, that hopefully the devs will give it serious consideration.
Usually the suggestions are more like, "It should give 100x more of a bonus and last for 43 days and take up just a 2x2 space."

DeletedUser5676

My flavorite of the day is "Make it so I can do the repeatable quests without having to think about them so I can get thousands of extra tools and coins every time I play without any effort besides collecting them."

DeletedUser20951

It was full-on snark
Oh, to be sure, but without a specific target it is, indeed, passive. I know who you mean, you know who you mean. I am pointing out your games, and that is all, in an unrelated thread.

DeletedUser5676

Oh, to be sure, but without a specific target it is, indeed, passive. I know who you mean, you know who you mean. I am pointing out your games, and that is all, in an unrelated thread.
Do you really? Because it wasn't you, except by association.

(edit. Well look at that, it actually was you that started the thread. I honestly thought it was someone else. so I'm wrong, the snark was aimed at you (still a specific target, and not passive in the least). Unless I actually saw it somewhere else first, and you're just the one who started a thread where I could snark about it.)

DeletedUser1390

So I'd like to suggest making the duration slightly longer, perhaps 4 or 5 hours. This would NOT change the fundamental value of the effect:
That would be nice.
Dang! Am now 0-for-n on catching that second use of the Stormbird effect, where n is the number of times I've applied it.
Any inking of if/when this tweak might be made?

- Frustrated in Phoenix