• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do you feel about the March of Herds Event

• 1. It was poorly designed - I did not like it

Votes: 93 62.8%
  • 2. I liked it

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • 3. I finished the Event

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • 4. I gave it up - it was impossible to finish

Votes: 92 62.2%
  • 5. It was interesting

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • 6. It was boring

Votes: 47 31.8%

• Total voters

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Post-Event Impressions

The Event is over now.
Here is the feedback I have received from the EPL Facebook group - you are free to add comments!

1. Timon says that they try to ‘balance’ the quests - so that some favor newcomers, and some favor advanced players.
Nice in theory - but they did not succeed entirely this time!

2. What I like is that some of the Quest awards offer useful materials: Goods, KP Supplies, and Coins - which will be invaluable to a ‘Newbie’!
Sadly this falls away later after quest 14.

3. Daily Feeding quests
It is difficult to fault these!
Perfect for a newcomer - the amounts of materials required are quite do-able, even for an entrance level player.

4. The Consecutive Quests

Sadly, there have been many complaints about these!
Some were virtually impossible for newcomers, and some were equally undo-able for Advanced players - because the massive amounts of goods required are so expensive that many (most?) advanced players abandoned the Event,..

5. Here is a reply from Support to one of my players:

“Thank you for contacting Elvenar support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the game. Unfortunately, the events will not necessarily be able to be completed by everyone. It is just not possible to create an event that every player can complete. That is one of the reasons that there are multiple events per year, and why the quests within the events change as well.
“We will be happy to forward your feedback to the developers to take into consideration as they work on planning future events.
“Please let us know if you have any further questions, and have a lovely day!
“Kind regards...”

The highlighting is mine - and I do not agree with this statement at all!
They will lose players with that attitude...

Issues and thoughts:
  1. These event buildings are GREAT for ‘newbies’ - giving access to levels of Culture that you cannot buy in the shop. When you chapter up and outgrow the buildings, you sell them and buy replacements in the next Event.
    They are NOT much use for advanced players, above Orcs & Goblins - where you need to fill your city with Culture buildings that produce Mana.
    (Timon said in Q & A that this is planned for future Events.)
  2. The special fighting abilities buildings that boost troops’ strength are a good idea.
    One can collect a few and place them the week your fellowship goes for the Tenth Chest.

3. The stand-alone Orc’s Nest Building which produces Orcs for players in Chapter VIII is a great idea!
    It allows you to perhaps delete an Armory - and its support buildings too: Residences, Culture and Workshops that you need to build it and keep it producing

4. The stand-alone buildings that produce fighting units (Vallorian Guards, Orc Strategist) are very useful for beginners who do not have access to troops like this.
    The one that produces Orc Strategist is great for all Human players below Orcs chapter, who do not have a comparable unit.
    (Elves have Golem which is roughly similar).

5. It is worth doing the Event just for the Knowledge Points!
    You can throw the buildings away, if you don’t want them.

6. Boring, repetitive and irrelevant Quests are not good!
  • This is a golden opportunity to teach the ‘newbie’ - each quest could be used to teach new skills that he / she has not yet discovered!!

Examples might be:

i. Use a Shortcut HotKey;

ii. Zoom your city in once and out again

iii. Change your City Name and your Avatar

iv. Upgrade 6 blocks of street (the reward window would tell the ‘newbie’ that he / she gained Culture, and so they should do all the rest!)

v. Sell a Culture building (Easy one! - one could build and sell a 1 x 1 Signpost.
    The reward window would tell the ‘newbie’ that he / she could gain Culture by selling & replacing obsolete buildings!)

vi. Whisper with a friend in the Chat window

vii. Collect Three Treasure Chests from Neighborhood visits

viii. Find and visit a Character called ‘Mystery Jackpot’ (teaching the player search function) and polish his Mystery Building.
    This would spin a wheel to generates a random mystery prize, varying from a few supplies to something very special!
    This city open for the whole of the event for a daily Mystery Spin.
    Wouldn't that be FUN?

ix. This list took me 5 minutes to dream up - there are obviously many, many more possibilities!

• Timon wants us to trade more - so let’s have trading Quests like ‘trade with someone on the map 10 times’; ‘trade with someone in your fellowship 20 times’; ‘place 10 trades for your first boosted material’,etc etc.

• Co-operation with Fellowships is part of Timon’s plan - so what about ‘visit fellowship members 24 times?”
    To encourage us to have bigger fellowships!

• Forging trading- and visiting friendships on the Map is desirable - so how about ‘visit x number of people on the Map’?

• The Design Team want us to use the Magic Academy more - so how about ‘Cast 5 Spells’?

• Keep the Quests Event-related - like ‘Collect 10 Sugar Beet’?

• The Designers obviously would like to encourage us to buy Diamonds.
    So how about giving us 50 Diamonds and telling us to spend them?
    Sort-of getting us into the swing of using Diamonds, à la Pavlov!
Things that need to be fixed before next Event:

19598855_10209497152646336_8443505447962070928_n.jpg

1. The ‘pay a good amount of xxxx’ quests.
    This is a REALLY good idea - but there are issues:

a. It is poorly explained - I have had at least thirty people ask how the quest works!
    People tried buying marble, spending marble, trading marble etc etc - and nothing worked.
    The wording of the quest should be improved - to make it easier to understand.

b. The amounts of materials are supposed to be calculated so everyone is asked for an affordable amount, appropriate for their current chapter level.
    This was not the case, in practice!

i. Beginners who had not unlocked Tier 3 factories were expected to trade with fellowship for those goods. In practice, the amounts involved would require them to stop their regular city building for a week or so.
    So many gave up on the event.

ii. In the new worlds Sinya Arda and Ceravyn (US server) and Felyndral (EN server) - it was commonly reported that very few players had advanced far enough to unlock Tier Three factories - and these goods were not available to trade.
    Many gave up for that reason.

iii. Advanced players were asked for amounts of the order 30 000 of each of the T3 goods. For many, myself included, it was simply not worth it to give away 100 000 Magical Goods, and vast amounts of Supplies and Coins too.
    Many of us are committed to fellowship Tournament schedules - and losing that much material would make Tournament participation impossible.
    So we gave up...

2. The Grand Prizes are not as good as previous Events.
    Timon explained in the Q & A that a previous Event had over-valued the buildings and they had scaled this set down.
    I think that is poor business logic.
    It upset people that the prizes had down-valued.

3. High drop-out rate.
    Only the Design Team have access to the figures of how many people dropped out of the event - but my impression is that a much higher number of people simply gave up after a few weeks - for the reasons given above.
    Players do not want to waste lots of their hard-earned materials on an Event quest.

I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve heard someone call this the worst event ever...

4. The quests are irrelevant, repetitive and boring!
    Making Power of Provision Enchantments, and doing production runs of Tier One Goods and Workshops runs over and over takes all the novelty and fun out of the Event.
    See suggestions above.
Update: I posted a Comments thread in Platinum Leaf, based on this thread.
Lots of negative responses - and not one single positive!
:)

Then I posted another asking if anyone had positive remarks:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209759741450892&set=gm.1903449113243801&type=3&theater

There were a few interesting points...

1. A common response was: "It was not fun!"
My take on this is that the design team are inherently stingy!
They resent giving away anything at all - or so it would appear ..
I would say to them that in order to have a fun-filled party - you should have a big bowl of Punch at the door and hand a glass to each guest as they arrive.
Then spend a few bucks to hire an Oompah band, and ask the guys to bring a bottle of schnapps, and the ladies a plate of canapes... ... and voila!
PARTY TIME!
FUN!!
That is not the spirit of this Event...
2. No one liked the ‘Pay xxx of yyy’ quests. Players resented having to part with ridiculously large amounts of materials - and see their normal game grind to a halt...

Here is the Player Feedback video:

18740484_10209215039953695_4358338686859158494_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is an independent Facebook player's group with 4000 members, and a collection of more than three hundred videos and fact files.
You and your friends are most welcome to join us!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2912

My feelings are very similar to what was outlined above. While I could afford (barely) to give up the time and goods, because my cities are pretty well along in Woodelves, the rewards really aren't worth it because the buildings are huge and don't give mana... so I'm not going to be able to place them anyway. If my cities were smaller, the reward buildings would have been great, but I'm not sure I would have been able to afford the cost of depleting my goods and supplies and the time spend building buildings that are event related rather than city related. So while I appreciate the attempt at balance, the end result feels like it missed the mark a bit. I'm still playing along at the event, but I'm not going to let it distract me from my regular city building, because honestly I don't want the event reward buildings. No mana, no room.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The event had many elements that were not thought out at all. For example the "Solve X encounters or Gain X relics" was the exact same thing as "Gain X relics", making the encounter requirement redundant, as each encounter solved gave a relic. In previous events the "or" option was something independent (e.g. Buy X knowledge points).

While I like the idea of spending the power of production spells you have to make in the event, the supply gain quests were well over what would be produced from just the quest completion boosted by spell, and the consumed spells would likely exceed the number required to be produced.

The pay quests were much heavier for the tier 3 resources than for the other two tiers. This really presented a drain of resources rather than a help.

The event had little in the way of strong population and culture buildings, but had the orc's nest which really outshines even the winter star in space saved. I have a bad feeling that the continual use of orc's nest in events will cause the deletion of almost all armories, so that the dwarven bulwark is used for troop holding. The traveling merchant, for example, is a much better example of a supplemental building, as its production is relatively low so that it does not replace the manufactories.

The grand prizes were not special. The culture gain was comparable to many of the daily buildings.

The short duration buildings did not seem worth the effort. They were designed to help you fight through a large number of provinces at once, with their best use being during an event to fulfill the quests of the event.

DeletedUser7738

Jackluyt, very well thought out and written, thank you. Having quit the event during the 2nd round of paying tier 3 goods, realising I had no chance to complete this event (in the latter half of Chap 5), I merrily went back to my usual day's rounds, upgrades and trades, as well as tourney, AW and FS helps. (I also lament the loss of the $9.99 diamond option, it was the only purchase that made sense to me - since our monthly Elvenar budget went down to $10.)

I've said it before elsewhere, but I will say it again: I do not mind grinding through quests as long as the rewards/goods/whatever are worth my time, resources and effort. This event took grinding to a whole new level of pain and disappointment. You've heard the saying "there is no rose without a thorn"? with this event Inno, you lopped off the rose and handed us a dead thorn branch. Terrible, just terrible.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Quoting support: It is just not possible to create an event that every player can complete.
I'm pretty sure it is possible since they did it before 6 or 7 times.:rolleyes:

@Jackluyt well thought out ideas and criticisms , you pretty much covered what I've been hearing from my FS members and on the forums.

The one thing I'd like to add is that they should try to keep some of the better daily rewards for the end of the event.
Certainly the best pop/culture building in any event should come up in the last week.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The final 9 quests didn't have a reasonable cost:reward at all.
Even ignoring the gruelling tedium of the supplies quests, the goods costs alone were a huge turnoff, and just made no sense compared to spending those goods in the tournament instead.

Those quests would get you enough beets to win on average:
  • 25 KP
  • 24 relics
  • 5 runes
  • 1 building
Compare that to how many extra provinces you could cater for the same price, and what those rewards would be.
For myself, I could easily complete an extra 4 provinces with far far fewer goods, and the rewards would be
  • 44 KP
  • 108 relics
  • 8 runes
  • 4 PoP spells
  • 4 EE spells
And as a bonus I wouldn't have to spend 4-7 days doing the boring as heck supplies quests.

Honestly if you went past quest #90 I think you may have made the wrong choice.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So, on the subject of feedback

Yes I ended up forcing myself to finish. I just couldn't stand not to.
But I believe I'll be the only one in my fs to do so.

Post-Event Impressions

1. The quests are irrelevant, repetitive and boring!
    Making Power of Provision Enchantments, and doing production runs of Tier One Goods and Workshops runs over and over takes all the novelty and fun out of the Event. See suggestions above.

You made several good points but this one is the biggest for me.
( it is also the point that started the big "we didn't say it was hard" fight in another thread )
The PoP spells are annoying, and having to do 100's of beverages is worse.
One suggest I would make is change, "Obtain 2 PoP spells" to "Obtain two spells." It might make it a little better for someone who already has 200 PoP spells.

One positive change I would like to bring up. All things considered it is a small thing but, I'm glad we no longer have to hit "accept" for the beets that appear in our fields.

Deleted User - 1528929

Post-Event Impressions

Issues and thoughts:

1. These event buildings are GREAT for ‘newbies’ - giving access to levels of Culture that you cannot buy in the shop. When you chapter up and outgrow the buildings, you sell them and buy replacements in the next Event.
    They are NOT much use for advanced players, above Orcs & Goblins - where you need to fill your city with Culture buildings that also produce Mana.
Things that need to be fixed before next Event

19598855_10209497152646336_8443505447962070928_n.jpg

1. The ‘pay a good amount of xxxx’ quests.

This is a REALLY good idea - but there are issues with it:

a. It is poorly explained - I have had at least thirty people ask how the quest works!
    People tried buying marble, spending marble, trading marble etc etc - and could not make it work.
    The layout of the quest could be improved - to make it easier to understand.

b. The amounts of materials asked for are supposed to be calculated so everyone is asked for an easily affordable amount, appropriate for their current chapter level.
    This was not the case, in practice!

i. Beginners who have not unlocked Tier 3 factories were expected to trade with fellowship for those goods. In practice, the amounts involved would require them to stop their regular city building for a week or so.
    Many gave up on the event for that reason.

ii. In the new worlds Sinya Arda and Ceravyn (US server) and Felyndral (EN / International server) - it was commonly reported that very few players had advanced far enough to unlock Fier Three factories - and these goods were not available to trade.
    Many gave up on the event for that reason.

iii. Advanced players were asked for amounts of the order 30 000 of each of the T3 goods. For many, myself included, it was simply not worth it to give away 100 000 Magical Goods, and vast amounts of Supplies and Coins too.
    Many of us are committed to fellowship Tournament schedules - and losing that much material would make Tournament participation impossible.
    Many of us gave up on the event for that reason.​
  2. The Grand Prizes are not as good as previous Events.
    Timon explained in the Q & A that a previous Event had over-valued the buildings and they had scaled this set down. I think that is poor business logic. Many people gave up on the event because the prizes were not good enough to justify the expenditure and effort.

3. High drop-out rate.
    Only the Design Team have access to the figures of how many people dropped out of the event - but my impression is that a much higher number of people simply gave up after a few weeks - for the reasons given above.

Players do not want to waste lots of their hard-earned materials on an Event quest.

I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve heard someone call this the worst event ever...

4. The quests are irrelevant, repetitive and boring!
    Making Power of Provision Enchantments, and doing production runs of Tier One Goods and Workshops runs over and over takes all the novelty and fun out of the Event. See suggestions above.
That’s all I can think of right now - please feel free to contribute suggestions to add to this list!!

Here is the EPL event guide on which these suggestions are based:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650734901848558/files/

18740484_10209215039953695_4358338686859158494_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is an independent player's group on Facebook, with 4000 members, and a large collection of more than three hundred videos and fact files.
You and your friends are most welcome to join us!

There are buildings you can buy in chapter 5 which are higher CP/square than anything available in the tourney to those in chapter 5, the 3x3 golden torch tower at 1200 CP / 9 squares vs the blue tree for 1000 CP / 9 squares, and the enars unicorn 2x1 for 220 CP vs the silver unicorn at 192 CP or even the 210 point crystal unicorn available day 16. Why bother with the 2 x 2 leaf codex at 350 CP when the mother tree is available much earlier in the chapters giving 400 CP in the same space.

The hybrid CP / population prizes were also not exciting, 140 beets for a single 1 x 1 flower cage, (at least 2 for that much expenditure for those going for third grand prize using the 140 beet chests only) and nothing really equaled much less exceeded the menhirok burrow. tho the mother dragon came close, it needed to equal the population at least, which it didn't do, even at the expense of some of the CP due to the smaller footprint.

I wish I had entered dwarves chapter 2 weeks earlier, the prizes would have been much more attractive then. The Vallorian Guards proved quite useful, but again, even with 2 of those the production is very slow, and I hope for a repeat of those as a prize so I can replace them with a higher production unit later on.

In Chapter 5, the total amount of tier 3 goods taken in the 3 go rounds of taking goods set me back so much that even tho I finished the event 2.5 weeks ago I still have not replaced all the T3 boosted and non-boosted to levels I had before the tourney started.

In the Fellowship I'm in, most people dropped out of the story line quests, including those of the highest levels in the FS. Reasons include everything you posted above.

Finally, a question: are the orc strategists worth getting and placing for one in chapter 6 now?

Thanks.

DeletedUser7756

I was so very excited about this Quest...the prizes looked very cool and a quick glance at the list of tasks seemed doable. I have 7 cities in 7 worlds, including the two fairly new worlds. I am a dedicated player, playing the game 2-3 x a day but my cities are not very big as I've only been playing for a few months. In the two new worlds...Ceravyn and Sinya Arda, most of my Fellowship Members are barely into tier 2 goods; I am still in tier 1 goods. I had to bail out of the Quest in 5 of my 7 cities. In the two new worlds, that happened fairly quickly...I barely satisfied the requests for tier 2 goods in #'s 20-22 but there was no way I could complete #'s 30-32, which asked for tier 3 goods. Trading was not possible as my FS members needed their meager tier 2 goods to trade for the tier 3 goods. When I hit these same requests in #'s 40-42 and 60-62, but with higher amounts requested...that's when I had to bail out of the Quest in my 3 larger cities. In the two cities still in the Quest, I won't be finishing the Quest...I'm only barely past the 60's in the task list. But I am still trying to satisfy the Quest requirements. I have gotten some great prizes in all my cities. As a fairly new player, the prizes work well for me. A couple of things about the tasks that I would suggest the designers change:
1.) sitting here, clicking on my 15 workshops every 5 minutes or every 15 minutes for like 2-3 hours to satisfy a task is not my idea of fun. And a Quest should be fun...challenging...this task is neither. And I don't have room to add more temporary workshops.
2.) The amount of supplies requested take me a couple of days, at least, to get and that's if I set the production at every hour or at every three hours. Even if I were able to add temporary workshops, they would be at such a low level, I don't think it would help a whole lot in this task.
3.) I've read where some players think the designers of the game want to encourage trading but I would like to add here that, in the newer worlds, most players still have quite small cities so trading for tier 2 and tier 3 goods is very difficult, if not impossible. Perhaps by the time the next Quest comes around, we will have more established cities but I think this needs to be taken into consideration.
4.) someone wrote : 'Co-operation with Fellowships is part of Timon’s plan - so what about ‘visit fellowship members 24 times?” Which encourages us to have bigger fellowships!' I like this idea! I also think that visiting our neighbors on the map is important so perhaps another task could include visiting neighbors on the map 24 times.
5.) Beta test a Quest for a month before releasing it and give yourself (the designers) time to fix any problems as a result of the testing. And make sure you test it on several different levels...newbie, middle (like me) and players with big cities. I'd love to participate in beta testing Quests but only if you are able to copy my city (or cities) over to the beta server...I really don't have time to start up a whole new city on the beta server to get it up to the level needed to beta test a Quest.
Thanks for listening.

DeletedUser5776

I didn't vote because I had a view someplace in the middle ... "Nice design, poor execution". I liked the donate goods/coin/supplies, but the amounts were too much. Or an option like "Completed it, but frustrated by it"

DeletedUser2334

Jack,
thanks for clearly articulating many of the positives and negatives of this event, I'm glad you posted this.

Not sure I agree about the diamond quest items, even as a paying player. I would rather see the basic play remain free for all. But I do like all the other suggestions about spells, visits, and trade quests.

I also agree with Soggy about the better rewards toward the end. I wanted a mother dragon (for the aesthetic, not utility) but could not get one with the limited chances I had early in the tournament. Instead I had multiple chances for unicorns, codex's, etc later in the event. In my opinion these are the same old crap (not really limited to 24 hours only) with a new name.
--Maybe this keeps the item more rare and valuable, but I severely dislike all of the offered items that have little value to me. I think I would even prefer an entirely different system of purchases with beets/candy rather than rely on random chances (but I've never been a big fan of random game drops)

DeletedUser1527

WOW... It seems that everyone has pretty much said everything I wanted to say. But I will say a few things again that I feel strongly about. And some suggestions….

1) The repetitive making of 100 or 200 beverages, while it gives us plenty of tools is boring, not challenging. As is ANY large amount of supplies.

2) I don’t mind the PAY tasks. HOWEVER, the amounts we were asked to pay were not just unreasonable, they were outrageous. To increase the amounts on tier 3 goods so much higher than tier 1 & 2 was unbelievable. It made this event impossible for newer players to come close to finishing & thus unfair. Heck, it made it impossible for my beta to finish… at Dwarves! I gave up in my others.

3) The daily prizes~ with my 2 primary cities in Dwarves and Wood Elves, I found most of these useless. I am not a fan of the pop/culture prizes as they are hard to get rid of/ upgrade later on. Or as I have read elsewhere in the Forum, addictive. Would it be possible to allow us to select from the options as to which prize we want? Or perhaps chose from 3 options? For example, I spend 140 SB my choices could be 1) the daily prize, )2 25 KP, 3) 200 ‘candies’ or something like that.

Giving us prizes that expire & become worthless after a few days… is really NOT appreciated. Especially after what you made us do to get them!

How about throwing in a few diamonds as a prize?!

4) What about a quest for visiting X number of times? BUT keep it reasonable! 200 visits are NOT reasonable!

5) Make some of the “OR” options totally different. “Solve X Encounters or Gain X Relics is essentially the same task. BOTH amount to the same thing – gaining X number of relics, which for some of us is quite difficult. I thought the other “OR” tasks were a HUGE improvement!

6) Until I read about a pass or decline option in the comments above, I hadn’t really thought about it. BUT, after considering it, I think You should consider it. I do have a city that I have given up in simply because I am stuck. If I had the option to decline the task that is sticking me, I would be able to move on. A suggestion would be to allow us to decline a certain number of tasks in the event and keep on going. Possibly 3. After those are used, then the player would be stuck.

7) What happened to encouraging trading? In this event, I would not call what occurred trading. It was more like begging. I didn’t mind the tasks from previous events that asked us to place X number of trades or to accept X number of trades. THAT is encouraging trading. Making us PAY exorbitant amounts of goods so that we have to bankrupt ourselves to acquire them by begging out Fellowship members to trade us goods they can’t afford to part with because we all have to send them into a black hole to move on to the next task is NOT encouraging trading. It’s more like extortion.

DeletedUser5968

I gave up in both main and Beta, the amounts of goods vs what you could win were not worth it.
And in Beta, it said 20 some hours left and I have hundreds of points left to gamble, went outside to do a few things, come back and event was over...
As others stated, it was too costly for too low of rewards. It was a diamond event, I think anyone with the 3rd reward used real money to play, that is something I refuse to do...
If the rewards were that you could exchange your beets for diamonds it would have been of more value, or that any leftover beets get turned into diamonds, then the struggle has some value, otherwise, it is just for looks, buildings with similar value already in our cities and these only give a new look if used.
This may turn me off of future events if the rewards are as demanding, my resources are better spent elsewhere in the game...

DeletedUser2284

I had always thought the events were great because they helped the players advance in the game. It encouraged them to expand their territories, use spells, increase the levels of their buildings etc. Plus they gave decent prizes that were useful to the players. At the end of the event they were better off than when they started, even of they had not finished they event. In many cases they had positive learning experiences about the game.

The "Throw away massive amounts of the goods you need to advance in the game" quests really destroyed the entire idea of the events. I am in four worlds. I completed the event in two worlds. In the other two I stopped before completing them. In ALL of them I am significantly worse off than I would have been if I had not played the event at all.

I do not object to the quests being difficult. I DO object to any quests being 100% destructive of our ability to advance in the game. I found that in the newer worlds even people in the top 50 found that their game was being destroyed by those quests -- by those quests which produced nothing of value, but merely the complete destruction of the goods required to advance, to participate in the tourneys etc. I am number 37 in Winya Arda, and decided to stop after finishing two of those three "throw away massive amounts of the third level goods you need" but the damage had been done. I wound up doing poorly in the tourney for my boost because all my goods at all levels were being eaten up by the quests, so my boosts are significantly lower than they would have been. I could not advance in the knowledge tree because all my goods were destroyed by those quests, and I am starting over again with basically 0 in all goods.

If any other event includes the "throw away massive amounts of the resources you need for the game" quests, I will stop as soon as I reach that point.