• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do you feel about the March of Herds Event

• 1. It was poorly designed - I did not like it

Votes: 93 62.8%
  • 2. I liked it

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • 3. I finished the Event

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • 4. I gave it up - it was impossible to finish

Votes: 92 62.2%
  • 5. It was interesting

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • 6. It was boring

Votes: 47 31.8%

• Total voters

DeletedUser6219

I stopped doing the event the second time the quest for producing 100 beverages came up. That is not fun or helpful in ANY way. I do not have the space to build extra workshops so I have to make do with the 8 that I do have. That's 12.5 rounds of beverage producing. I consider myself a casual player; I log in 3 times a day. I have three cities. I do not have the time to sit around and do 100 beverage productions.

The Easter event was MUCH better and the prizes were much better. The prizes in this event seemed so watered down they barely seem worth ANY effort. No decent pop/cult items. The grand prizes... just culture... reallllly? Speaking of grand prizes - I got the first one - and that is it. If the next event is like this one - I will not be bothering with it at all.

DeletedUser9783

I gave up awhile ago. Paying out much needed goods, coins and supplies and trying to get them back was awful. The rewards were poor and very hard to obtain. We need an event that helps boost us up not drain the very little we took sometimes a long time to build up. Only rewards imho worth having are those that include population not just culture. Also the only way to get that last prize is to buy diamonds... Not going to happen for most of us poor people. Therefore it seems quite unfair event all around.
Would really love the creators to put in an option where we can temporarily store buildings in order to move others around.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So, it's been a few days since I completed it.
Now that the dust has settled I can look at it a little differently.

And
TBH
Now I don't think it was all that bad.
Yes I hated the pay outs, adjustments should be made there.
Maybe the rewards weren't fantastic, but there is never 100% satisfaction with the prizes.
The fact that the "grand" prize was inaccessible unless you bought diamonds was no surprise to anyone who was here for Winter Quest.

I dunno.
I have to give the devs some credit for trying to do things a little differently.

I finished the event four days ago.
My T3 goods are pretty much back to where there were.
My city is still progressing.
I still can't get laid.
Game of Thrones continues to kill characters I like.
Life goes on.

DeletedUser4366

I've never not completed an event - but this time, all the members of my FS are being actively told to "hard stop" the event when they reach the 2nd prize. I also stopped there. Three big things stand out:
  • (historical) As there is an infinitesimal chance of winning the third prize without paying $50 in diamonds, the quests must be fun/challenging and the daily rewards worth it to finish anything past the second prize.
  • Higher level players need orcs,mana and now divine seeds. As no culture+any of those exist (or just those), higher level players are not as likely to participate.
  • Requesting goods at these large levels to burn is a complete waste.
If the next questline is similar, I probably will be half-hearted in any attempt to finish quests.

DeletedUser9481

I agree with pretty much everyone's complaints about this event. But there is one aspect that really bothered me and most of my FS that I haven't seen mentioned. Perhaps it has been brought up about past events, but this is my first time posting, and only my second major event, so I don't know about it.

Anyway, I see lots of complaints about the Daily Exclusive prizes, but what about the other prizes? My take:

* KP - No complaints here. I find KP is always useful.
* Sugar Beets - Also fine. Basically like a "free spin".
* Relics - This one can be problematic. It feels like a physical blow to open the Gold Chest twice and end up with 24 unboosted relics. That's just garbage to me. It would be much better if there was a better percentage for your boosted type, like 7% for nonboosted and 16% for boosted.
* Rune Shards - A big stinker of a prize. I cringe when I get this one. I have so many Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss rune shards. I know I will need them later on. But it would be at least a little better if there was a chance at getting shards for Wonders you haven't unlocked yet. Or how about if, instead of 5 Rune Shards, you got 1 Wild Card Rune Shard that could be used for any wonder? Or 10 Broken Shards, if we could have more than 10 at a time.

And, in general, I think the percentages for these could be adjusted. Make the Daily Exclusive a bit higher percentage, since that is what most people are wanting when they turn in Beets. It's frustrating to save up all of your Beets through day after day of the event, waiting for a certain prize, and then not getting a single one of it. I'd say that most of my FS that discussed this event are in Chapters 3 to 5, and it was THIS frustration that really made them quit the event.

Here's a couple of suggestions for future events (I hate to have a post that is only negatives):

* The pay x amount of things quests were okay, but need adjustment. You could also include paying with unboosted relics as one quest.
* How about the ability to trade things in for Sugar Beets? Instead of "Pay 9300 elixir" as a quest, a special event trade center where you could trade goods, gold, resources, unboosted relics, rune shards, (maybe even old event buildings?) etc for Sugar Beets. Maybe change the exchange rates every day. That might encourage trading, as if Crystals had the best exchange rate one day you might try to trade for a bunch of those.
* As a sort of way to skip a difficult quest, what about a chance to do half the requirement for 1/3 the Beets? (Pay half the amount of goods, produce Beverages half as many times, etc)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
* Relics - This one can be problematic. It feels like a physical blow to open the Gold Chest twice and end up with 24 unboosted relics. That's just garbage to me. It would be much better if there was a better percentage for your boosted type, like 7% for nonboosted and 16% for boosted.
Once you hit max boost then getting boosted relics is worse as you can't even use them to make spells in the MA.

I'd like to see rewards of instants instead of relics, and as you suggested broken rune shards instead of runes (but we need to be able to hold more than 10 as promised months ago)

Buttrflwr

I did NOT finish the event, not because it was impossible, but because it was ridiculous. I stopped on 90, when they wanted an absurd amount of t3 goods, when I was already low due to upgrades in woodelves, and tourney costs. This is the first event I did not finish, as I am rather OCD, and once I start something, I usually finish it. I have even toyed with finishing this one, because I can. But, why? It isn't worth it. The "prizes" aren't worth the time, effort, goods and supplies. I already have a full time job, I have been working this second one as well. No more. PLEASE re-evaluate your design, listen to the feedback here, and in the discussion thread on this event, and plan accordingly. That last was @innogames . :p

DeletedUser4345

I have a fairly new game in the Sinya Arda. It wasn't easy to get the beets I got because I wasn't to to the place where I researched the Magic Academy. But I worked and worked and I was saving up for the Orc Strategist. (because I missed the few others I thought were good) Anyway, I opened that 140 box NINE TIMES, used up all my sugar beets and never got the prize that had a 25% chance of happening. THAT'S what makes me hate this game. In my other two worlds? As soon as I clicked I got it. But as a new player with a hard time getting through as many quests as I did in that world, no orc building for me. I'll be lucky to get the unicorn with the one box I'll be able to open tomorrow if I get the daily quest done. That makes me want to quit the game.

DeletedUser9469

I don't necessarily like the idea of using beets to complete a quest, especially if the reward is a smaller fraction of beets. However, I think it would be GREAT to give the ability to trade beets for other resources... I know that I have an FS member who is about 20 candy shy of getting the second prize and not enough time/resources to get 140 beets. It would be great for them if they could post a trade offering some resources in exchange for beets. I know that I will have some left over beets (mainly because I did make a couple diamond purchases but I am also pretty lucky with my chests) and would GLADLY give my FS member my leftovers so they could get something they are trying for.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't necessarily like the idea of using beets to complete a quest, especially if the reward is a smaller fraction of beets. However, I think it would be GREAT to give the ability to trade beets for other resources... I know that I have an FS member who is about 20 candy shy of getting the second prize and not enough time/resources to get 140 beets. It would be great for them if they could post a trade offering some resources in exchange for beets. I know that I will have some left over beets (mainly because I did make a couple diamond purchases but I am also pretty lucky with my chests) and would GLADLY give my FS member my leftovers so they could get something they are trying for.

This falls under the heading of:
"We want everything to be ridiculously easy just give us the prizes"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This falls under the heading of:
"We want everything to be ridiculously easy just give us the prizes"
You're channeling your overly-harsh self, again, mucksterme.

@Rylan Silverfox, There are a couple things at work against your desire. One is what mucksterme stated so eloquently. Any change that does nothing but make the game easier does not help retain players in the long run. Players need to feel challenged, so change has to balance ease with keeping it interesting.

Also, most online business are faced with credit-card fraud (and in the case of games, cheaters). Anything that lets one account transfer something paid for with real money to another account makes it much more complex to track such things and see who actually benefited from the fraud.

DeletedUser9469

True... I hadn't thought of it like that. And @mucksterme makes a valid point as well... My only thought on that was that something like that would foster a sense of "helping others" in game and give us one more tool to use to help others achieve more... Granted, it would seem to make things easier for some but that is kind of the idea behind belonging to an FS.

The Unbeliever

As has been said ad nausium, this event sucked...
- The 'pay' quests aren't awful as an idea goes, but the amounts were so beyond stupidly slowed, that it simply sored strait into the realms of the devs just trolling the entire player base.

- Being literally forced to sit around for hours & hours producing 5min/15min productions hundreds of times isn't challenging - it's just boring to the point of, "I'd rather go bang my head against a wall because it's at least less painful!" :p
I can dig a single quest across a major event asking for say "100-120 beverages" and another for say "50-75 15min productions". But when you have multiple quests each asking for 100+ beverages? Yeah, sorry devs, you're just asking to be called bad names...

- Too many 'gain relics' quests, coupled alongside too many 'phantom choice' quests. (again, as pointed out many times, 'gain 12 relics or solve 12 encounters is the same bloody thing! >.<

- The rewards were mostly hot garbage, AND, the 'best' rewards came up within only the first 11 days of the event!
Okay, I know, it was a shameless & obvious ploy by Inno to force us all to buy stupid amounts of diamonds to get what we want... It's still stupid and smacks of profiteering at the complete expense of game play & fun.
*IF* you really want to encourage diamond buying, then give us the ability to use diamonds to 'buy' the previous day's daily reward like we've been able to do for ages in FoE already!!
I'd have happily bought say $20 worth of diamonds to ensure I could pick-up 1 Vallorian Valor. As long as the prices aren't obnoxiously stupid-high, I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of the player base would definitely fork out $30-50 during a 'big' event for a building or two they really, really want. :)

And again, as mentioned many times, why no Mana prizes? Inno's basically kicking a sizable & growing percentage of their player base square in the bum by not scaling ANY of the culture prizes properly.

Oh, and mucksterme: "If you think this has a happy ending, then you clearly haven't been paying attention!" :p

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Comments added:
  1. Why was it not fun?

My take on this is that the impression one gets is that the design team are inherently stingy!
    :)
    They resent giving away anything at all - or so it would appear ..

What I would say to them is that if you want to have a wonderful party where everyone enjoys themselves - you need to have a big bowl of Punch at the door, and hand a free glass to each guest as they arrive.
    Then you spend a few bucks to hire an Oompah band, and ask each of the guys to bring a bottle of schnapps, and the ladies to bring a plate of canapes... ... and voila!

PARTY TIME!

FUN!!

This is not the spirit of the Event that the players are picking up, this time around...
    It seems that the developers resent giving away anything at all - and must extract their pound of flesh for each little trinket that they grudgingly shell out...

Why not give away some really big mystery prizes?
    A couple of expansions, a blue print or two...
    ... most of us would not win them - but it would add the spice to the Event that is at present sadly lacking.....

2. Overall consensus was that the ‘Pay xxx of yyy’ quests asked for ridiculously large amounts of materials - and players resented having to part with those, and see their city growth and Tournament play grind to a halt...
    ... which is what I mean by 'the design team extracting their 'pound of flesh'! :)

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On the prizes
I just used some of the ones from this quest to replace some older buildings. I kept the same culture but used less space.
There are still three mother dragons in my inventory to play with.
So not a total loss.