• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure - August

Tauriel Dragonwood

The quest givers don't take your coins. They just track how many you collect. You still keep all your coins whether you complete the quest or not.
I hope you're right because after this Fellowship Adventure, I hardly have any coins. Think I'm going to cut down on the extra activities I provide for the Orcs. It costs me a huge amount of coins to keep them entertained so they don't terrorize my citizens.

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot_51.png

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Eldenisa Tiege Uh oh, looks like someone is busted for pulling the flag. I always remind my fellowship:
Make sure you DO NOT open the reward chest at the end of each path until you make sure your fellow team mates are not still trekkin’ up the hill trying to complete a different path. You could cause a rock slide and they’ll have to run back down the mountain as fast as they can.

This is why communication is so important when playing Elvenar, especially when on a Fellowship Adventure. Everyone has to fill their backpacks with beverages, luxurious flacons, golden bracelets, sacks of coins and numerous other stuff to appease the quest givers so they will let us get past each waypoint. And why, in the name of hobbits, does a quest giver need 100 planks to make 1 Wand. 100 Planks? I think she's using those planks to build herself a house.

Risen Malchiah

I hope you're right because after this Fellowship Adventure, I hardly have any coins. Think I'm going to cut down on the extra activities I provide for the Orcs. It costs me a huge amount of coins to keep them entertained so they don't terrorize my citizens.
I'm absolutely certain. :) This FA didn't cost us a single thing since there were no waypoints that required donations (like goods, orcs, relics, etc). All it cost us was time and the last remaining feelings in our fingers and wrists. :p

(Seriously. Something's gotta be done about the clicking. Soon it will be a year since FA started and the only UI improvements have been removing the decline confirmation box and adding in a proper clock. The quests need to be dropped completely in favor of an auto-tracking system that awards badges discreetly as you collect everything.)

Edit: I first said "Awesome box" but that still exists. I meant the "Are you sure?" confirmation that sped up the cycling.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The FA did cost us goods to make Luxurious Flacons, Golden Bracelets, Diamond Necklaces, Elegant Statues, magical items that require goods to produce and the huge amount of troops we had to recruit.
This makes no sense.
When you make a 48h production you keep the goods, and get the elegant statue for free on top.

If I tell you to build a house, and reward you with a car for building the house, that does not "cost you a house" since you still have the house, and now have the car as well.

Risen Malchiah

Precisely as @SoggyShorts said. The quest givers don't take your goods in exchange for the items. You collect the goods (and coins and supplies and troops) and are awarded the badges for collecting. Even the spells, really. Maybe you're not making a spell you prefer sometimes, and that might cost relics, but you keep the spell. So if you continue making the spells you normally do and use the tournament to gain free spells, in the end, you come out ahead. The only cost might be if you end up doing more tournament rounds than normal to get some spells, but that's a good thing too. More tournament rounds = more rewards as well.

Win, win, win. All except for the clicking. :eek:

Edit: One last thing this made me think of. This is true for ALL events where the quests ask you to make things. I see all the time people complaining that an event costs too much and I could never figure that out. Now I see perhaps there are others who are mistaken and think the quest givers take your stuff. (Which is only true in those rare and unpopular quests where you physically need to donate goods into the quest box. Then you *do* lose those goods.)

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You can google the tournament province rewards to try to maximize magic badges.

How do you do this?
I don't use google, I just go here:'
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/
The third pic in the first post is a table showing the individual rewards for the rounds of every province. You can see which ones will give spells. There's a small box on the top right of the table that shows the types of spells won in which rounds for the provinces that give spells in those rounds.
Using this is clunky, but it works. Go to the province that rewards the spell. Make sure the quest giver for the badge that uses that spell is up. Complete the round, get the spell, and get credit for obtaining the spell in the quest giver. Return to your main page and collect the goods that go with the spell and ta-da! a spell badge.
Since many of us get the goods through trading, several member of my FS try to keep small trades up for the goods required (planks, silk and elixir) so you don't have to place a trade and sit around waiting on it to collect the goods.
Also, right before the tourney ends, check the chests that have been unlocked. You will be getting spells from some of these. Pull up the quests that take the spells you want and when the rewards drop in from the tourney, again, you'll have the spells and you'll get the credit for obtaining them in the quest giver; now you just need the goods to go with them.
Just remember, the quest giver is not asking for you to give them a spell or goods. They are asking you to gain those items for your city and the quest giver credits you a badge for doing that, just like when it asks you to 'produce' something in the WS or T1 factories, or 'gain coins'. You get the credit for producing the items. For the 'sack of coins' in this one, as I collected coins I would max out my storage & buy kp to keep collecting. That kp would go towards the next Wonder Society badge. And of course, when I donated the kp to a wonder, it stayed in that wonder, I didn't 'lose' it to the quest giver.

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, Crazy Wizard is good. His page has been somewhat overshadowed by Gamers Gems these days but he still has some unique info like the tournament rewards page. His AW info is outdated but his page loads faster than Gamers due to their ads so in a pinch I'll still go to Crazy Wizard and just guesstimate the rewards are slightly larger. :)

DeletedUser3468

The ridiculous quest cycling has to be improved! I am really tired of having 2 or 3 of a single type of badge to collect and having to cycle through so many quests to get back to the one I need.
Another change I would love to see, (but will probably never have happen) is for collecting the flag to be limited to mages and archmages. It's a pain to have to reduce everyone (except for one of two of the mages you can trust) to fellow every time we do an FA. Feeling very annoyed that one of our ambassadors took it upon themselves to collect the map 2 flag while the rest of us were trying to finish up another waypoint on map 2 that would have gotten us back into the top 100. *sigh* To make it more irritating it was a member we'd been talking about letting go because they never visit and only do the absolute minimum required for the tourney. Obviously they also don't bother to read chat. (or messages if they play on a computer and not the app) :(

Time like this I wish I'd have taken the archmage roll when it was offered. (I would have had no problem with the nuisance of demoting ambassadors to fellow for the duration of the FA! :D) The rest of the time I'm happy to just be a mage, thank you very much. ;):rolleyes:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I was surprised by how tall the arch building is, definitely stands out. Will have to go spying more towns to find some of the different buildings in-game.

DeletedUser6892

I have some questions for my mobile members -- and a thanks for information that has answered some of them in the above posts! More than 1 mobile member( I play 3 worlds & am Archmage in all - newly promoted in 1 FS :) - new one restarted; to relearn; try what didn't before w/just 2 of us) & aside from communication issues being a #1 problem whether chat is working or not (due to it's temporary status of comments when working); they were excited about FSA event BUT didn't realize they could scroll or were unable to scroll thru the quests. Has this been an issue or is there a 'trick' to it? Also, with the differences yet between mobile & PC - although understand this is a work in progress - a 'HOW TO' for mobile even on the PC would be of great help! Especially for those of us who don't have a mobile device but are Archmage & trying to help, communicate, etc, for my mobile FS members! (I would imagine that there are others who would benefit from this info regardless of situation...?)
Another almost forgot...are help sites like Gems of Knowledge; Elvenarchitecht & Elvenstats, or others available/easily accessible to mobile members/players? I may also send this question to these sites to find out, too, & try to get answers posted here but - some RL-real life- issues sometimes hold me back from doing all I would like to; finding places w/good info that's easy to get is very important - I believe it is for many! I can't leave an address in chat for mobile members as they are unable to use it from there is the response I have received.

Still enjoy game; :D having fun & trying to keep it that way in learning more so can reduce the busy work & make playing the focus over always digging for info; am working on these as need to delegate a bit better :oops: :rolleyes: but also being organized so when things change in game or FS it's easier to find &/or edit information needed! Mobile info is 1 of top items for me! (If anyone has good ideas for better organization - am open for learning what may be out there!) Thanks as always for listening! Hope can find some more answers & will share if I find any, too! :)

Have fun and keep smilin! K4k :cool::p