• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser3640

I made a mistake. It's not the first and won't be the last. :p Since the information points to a cumulative total of 440,000, that means each member will have to get 17,600 points. That would be 5 or 6 6-star tourneys or 10 or 11 5-star tourneys. That becomes a bit more of a challenge. I doubt this will get completed very often if at all. Now I'm seeing a downside.

Didn't mean to sound rude or anything. You just were so optimistic...even after everything we have been through with Inno for past 4 months, couldn't believe that someone still has hope for these greedy bastards.

DeletedUser2396

upload_2017-1-19_16-24-2.png

So once you get to the end of your provinces in this tourney - you can no longer even see how the Fellowship Tourney is progressing - now if i had one more province that i had not completed i would still be able to see the progress of the Fellowship but if your at the end of provinces you can complete you can no longer see Fellowship's Progression

DeletedUser3640

So once you get to the end of your provinces in this tourney - you can no longer even see how the Fellowship Tourney is progressing - now if i had one more province that i had not completed i would still be able to see the progress of the Fellowship but if your at the end of provinces you can complete you can no longer see Fellowship's Progression

Try to check a new tab in FS window named "Tournament".

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I made a mistake. It's not the first and won't be the last. :p Since the information points to a cumulative total of 440,000, that means each member will have to get 17,600 points. That would be 5 or 6 6-star tourneys or 10 or 11 5-star tourneys. That becomes a bit more of a challenge. I doubt this will get completed very often if at all. Now I'm seeing a downside.

yes it was worked out to be 25@6x6 (someone on beta coined the phrase it means 25 people doing 6 tournaments to level 6). Several comments on this were raised on beta and it was noted that on 7 live servers only 28 people achieved this (some were well above). Inno has stated they are monitoring this, sadly the tournament after was impacted positively by a bug so we hope that is ignored. I am interested to see how this tournament goes although I do expect a spike in enthusiasm initially until it settles down.

Didn't mean to sound rude or anything. You just were so optimistic...even after everything we have been through with Inno for past 4 months, couldn't believe that someone still has hope for these greedy bastards.

I still have hope :rolleyes: but I often have a different set of glasses (viewpoint) to others. Actually it has taken me about 4 months for a few comments and changes to start to make a little more sense to me and I think I am starting to better understand how they fit in.

Deleted User - 1028897

... these greedy bastards.

You don't have to follow the forum for long to come across lots of players that never spend a dime. You can waste hours on this game and never part with anything other than your time. It has it's problems but if you want to see greedy look at any game ever. They all want to make a profit and all have some level of "greed" built in.

Personally I don't want to spend money on items in the game because the challenge is for me is to build an awesome city with scarce resources. If they had a donate button they would probably get me to click it, though. This game is great. The problems it has are many but they do not appear money related to me. I've spent an insane amount of time enjoying the game - for free! - and I'm just happy that somehow they keep the servers going day after day.

DeletedUser61

I now think it was completely intended to pit peoples caring nature against each other in a well thought out and devious plan.
Why not just admit that the active player density on the world map was not sufficient to support the folks who DID want to enjoy tournaments, so the developers responded by providing a Fellowship based means by which like-minded folks will be able to more readily support each other??

edeba

Only 6 people in my fs have played any boards and of the 6, only 2 boards by two of them... This is definitely a down grade for me and I already know I want a more tourny active group...

DeletedUser5800

like-minded folks will be able to more readily support each other??
Call it what you want, and I'm sure you are right in regards to that some FS's will all push everyone to spend and be happy they are doing it together. Yay for the Dev's for finally dressing a good concept in the same clothes as every other garbage game. I liked this game because it lacked the 'guilt buy' metric... not even sure if I will keep playing now. I may start a solo FS just to avoid the whole metric for a while before I quit completely after they further ruin the foundation with the next few updates. I'm waiting to see how everything settles, but it smelled like doom to start with and it taste like doom today, I can't imagine it suddenly miracles itself awesome over any amount of time.

DeletedUser2870

Why not just admit that the active player density on the world map was not sufficient to support the folks who DID want to enjoy tournaments, so the developers responded by providing a Fellowship based means by which like-minded folks will be able to more readily support each other??

Actually there you strike the heart of the matter. Player activity is low.
The new changes in the games have chased away many of the active and advanced players.
For new players the game doesnt hold a lot of attraction. If you are active you soon get out of the GZ zone and cannot advance anymore, so new players drop out in huge numbers.
And none of the changes have done anything to improve matters, in fact, they are making it worse.

This new setup for the tournaments is potentially a fellowship breaking issue, especially since the top rewards are practically impossible to reach except for the few top FSs with the top (pay-to-win) players.
And yes, some players will find new ones which suit them better, but many will become frustrated or disappointed and drop out of the game.

DeletedUser2396

I have to laugh at the
I do have to laugh about the 'like-minded folks' part of this face it most are not like-minded folks here and even in a 25 cap Fellowship there is a problem with activity - 1/3 may play daily - 1/3 may play 3-4 days a week - 1/3 may play 1-2 days a week if even that - this is doomed for the most part because of the activity and the 25 person Fellowship Cap - hey even Culture doesn't get covered even in the top FS's i know i was in a few of them - the Grass is not allways Greener even in the top FS's - for me i will not make any demands on FS members in regards to this FS tourney or any Future ones - might have more chance to get to the end point if you increase the size of Fellowships again why the 25 cap on it

DeletedUser619

I find these changes mostly peculiar. I have no desire to upgrade my magical residence; I liked the way it looked when I bought it, which is why I bought it. There are only a handful of provinces that compete in the tournaments in either of my FS. No amount of dev-pressure is going to change that. Only a handful of us check out the main forums to see what's going on. The rest rely on those who do to let them know the specifics. A change in expectations of this nature should at least have qualified for a mention in the tournament announcement pop-up box, with a reference to where more info could be found.

The devs continue to be tone deaf and out of touch. This is meant as an observation, not a criticism. It just is.

DeletedUser2963

I have been playing for 7 months. In all that time I have never finished a tournament to level six with a neighbor. In fact I have never had a neighbor in any of the first 3 tournament grids ever. 7 months and I have only ever reached 3 checkpoints with a neighbor at any one time. If no-one in my FS participates in this I will be no worse of than I was. If two or three people participate AT ALL I will be better off than I was. Are there allot of players here who hit 6 every week with a neighbor?

Your right, this will break some fellowships. This will cause the formation of new fellowships. I imagine allot of players are going to be seeking new fellowships. AMs now have to figure out where they are going to stand on the issue and put it in the description along side all the other FS rules and expectations.

9 out of 9 Tournaments-6 Stars required (Translation The AM used to snort coke, he smokes crack now because inno has all his money, fall in line)
or
No rules, play be happy enjoy the game.(Translation The AM is not taking a stimulant! Gotta love medical cards!)

or

anywhere in-between

Thistleknot

I am now crushed. Filled with despair. Despondent. Ah...nope. Still optimistic. :D. Reiq, you're comment was a bit sharp, but I'm not taking it personally. I realize that there are a lot of changes that have been made over the last six months. Many of the changes have made players unhappy. And many have left. Those still here must believe the game is worthwhile despite changes that don't always seem like they benefit the players. I am still enjoying the game and my city is still growing.

As far as the tournament, even with the needed points being more than it first seemed, I still maintain that this really doesn't change tournaments that much. Even if only a few people do the tourneys, I think we'll be able to unlock the first 3 or 4 checkpoints. That's not any worse than before.

DeletedUser2191

Top player in Felyndral world already has 6k plus points. Top player in Winyandor world has 600 plus points. Can't speak for other worlds.