• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship-based Tournaments

DeletedUser2870

I'm in the #1 ranked fellowship in Khelonaar... collective score of 4.95M.
We managed to get 8 chests open this round. (we got 6 for the scrolls).

Just to put this into better perspective (I don't mean to brag)... our fellowship is stacked. Our average score is 196k. Our closest fellowship rival is at 3.2M total points.
We put a pretty solid effort in and our scores are below.

Now, certainly we have a few players that couldn't really participate... but like based on 25 peoples schedules it's nearly impossible to get 25 people to not have a week here and there... One of our participants had a son this week for example... And even we didn't really come anywhere near the points needed for a blueprint. We were only 57% of the way since the points needed for the last two chests are so significant.

Now despite not getting a blueprint... We're actually really happy with the rewards... we got 50kp and a bunch of other goodies... But, I'm just pointing out that if a stacked group where the average player has a score of 196k can't get it... it's basically unattainable.

253694 Total or 57% to opening 10 chests.

First let me congratulate you and your fellows on that accomplishment.
However, it shows the prizes that are really worthwhile to be not obtainable. Even the prizes you got arent even close to being realistic for most of the players and fellowships. With two tourneys gone now, many players have seen it to be so and are so discouraged they wont even try anymore.
My chapter 3 city is in a FS that has a lot of starting players, and not even the 3rd chest has been reached. And the rewards Ive been getting from this FS based setupnare less than I got from the area based setup. So despite putting in more effort and more losses in troops and more catering costs, my return on investment is less.
So no, Im not going to put in that much effort anymore there.

DeletedUser2424

First let me congratulate you and your fellows on that accomplishment.
However, it shows the prizes that are really worthwhile to be not obtainable. Even the prizes you got arent even close to being realistic for most of the players and fellowships. With two tourneys gone now, many players have seen it to be so and are so discouraged they wont even try anymore.
My chapter 3 city is in a FS that has a lot of starting players, and not even the 3rd chest has been reached. And the rewards Ive been getting from this FS based setupnare less than I got from the area based setup. So despite putting in more effort and more losses in troops and more catering costs, my return on investment is less.
So no, Im not going to put in that much effort anymore there.

Are the tournament rewards really comparable? If i recall properly didn't you just get more relics as prizes? I'll take some kp anyday personally...

Next, while I obviously want the rewards to be greater... I don't think the reason for participating in a tourney should be for the rewards. Tournaments are a great source of KP and needed relics... so I think if someone is unwilling to participate in a tourney simply because they're frustrated it's impossible to get a lot of chests open is looking at tournaments in a semi illogical way. That being said... I don't have experience fighting in tourney's as a lower chapter player so maybe i'm off base a bit here.

DeletedUser2870

Of course the main reason I do tourneys is the relics and kps I can get, as well as an additional chance on usable runes. But that hasnt changed from before.

What Im talking about is the additional effort. Im no longer going to put in more effort than I used to do. I dont use many spells, so I hardly ever need a lot of non-boosted relics. Just 3-5 rounds in 4 provinces covers more than enough for me, so I still end up with more relics than I use before the same province comes along again.

My boosts are already maxed, so I dont need more of those either.

The only reason I spent a LOT of extra effort during the last two was because of wanting to help the FS out in getting additional rewards. Those were not even close to worth the amount of additional troops and goods I lost. And out of the 19 participants 17 feel the same way.
So my point is, if they wanted it to be something to get members more active together, this can be considered an epic failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

I noticed at least one fellowship had a lot of people in the top achievers so unsure if a fellowship did achieve a blueprint this time.

2 russion fellowships and 1 polisch (i think) got the blueprint last week.

On the Dutch server 1 fellowship ended at 331k, so second last chest.
Worth all the effort? at the moment im doubting it (untill they tell us the extra plans with blueprints).
Will they be able to get the blueprint again? maybe next week but then i think its over for a while, only the crystal/Silk tournaments are easy enough for both races, in my opinion

Mykan

Oh Wise One
An update on stats

Number of people on a server who achieved 17,600+ points
ServerPlanksScrollsSilkElixir
Beta?112820
EN14123018
EN26112917
US15112112
US25101514
US3361912
US43101914
US526134
Total servers2877174111

Number of people on a server needed to cross 440K points
ServerScrollsSilkElixir
Beta261620
EN1241621
EN2261722
US1271723
US2302022
US3312124
US4301723
US5352438

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Yeah a couple servers have done it. Russia I think had 2 fellowships do it week before last.

At this stage it just is used in upgrading magic buildings. They have said there are plans for it to have a wider benefit (I think that included free to play) but they are unable to reveal what those plans are currently. Who knows maybe 1.23 may have something or we just keep waiting.

DeletedUser4778

Yeah a couple servers have done it. Russia I think had 2 fellowships do it week before last.

At this stage it just is used in upgrading magic buildings. They have said there are plans for it to have a wider benefit (I think that included free to play) but they are unable to reveal what those plans are currently. Who knows maybe 1.23 may have something or we just keep waiting.
Urk. No uses for non-diamond players yet? What a downer. And I am dreading 1.23. The bugs are just getting worse and worse. :(

DeletedUser4778

What happens when someone joins your FS? Shouldn't that player's score count towards the current fellowship's score and not the old one's? I've logged out and back in but said player's name and score still don't appear in our list and, yes, the player is participating in this week's tournament.

DeletedUser3942

What happens when someone joins your FS? Shouldn't that player's score count towards the current fellowship's score and not the old one's? I've logged out and back in but said player's name and score still don't appear in our list and, yes, the player is participating in this week's tournament.

we've had someone new join yesterday. and he didn't show in the list at first but after a while he was in the list and his points were added to our score.
seems the game needs some time to update everything ...

DeletedUser4778

we've had someone new join yesterday. and he didn't show in the list at first but after a while he was in the list and his points were added to our score.
seems the game needs some time to update everything ...
2 finally showed up but not the other one and he joined some hours before they did. Odd. May have to message support after all and I really don't want to bother them with another ticket when time may resolve this. I'll see if he'll show up later before I send a message.

edeba

I moved in the middle of a tournament and not all of my score went. I lost some of my participation. It was probably 8 hours that I wasn't in a f/s and the timers did run out and I knew the boards were ready but I had to wait until the mage was there.

DeletedUser4778

I moved in the middle of a tournament and not all of my score went. I lost some of my participation. It was probably 8 hours that I wasn't in a f/s and the timers did run out and I knew the boards were ready but I had to wait until the mage was there.
Hm, that doesn't sound fair. Looks like the system needs to be fixed more to account for moving between fellowships.

EDIT: 2 of our 3 new members just confirmed that a lot of their points didn't carry over (e.g. only 78 out of 878) and the 3rd one is not appearing at all in our tournament roster. Feels like a less than half-baked system to me.

DeletedUser2870

Hm, that doesn't sound fair. Looks like the system needs to be fixed more to account for moving between fellowships.

EDIT: 2 of our 3 new members just confirmed that a lot of their points didn't carry over (e.g. only 78 out of 878) and the 3rd one is not appearing at all in our tournament roster. Feels like a less than half-baked system to me.

Now that sounds like a ticket for support to me. That just isnt right

DeletedUser4778

Now that sounds like a ticket for support to me. That just isnt right
I'll definitely e-mail them later. Doesn't affect FS overall performance but I would like all the new members to get the rewards especially since getting greater tourney rewards was part of the reason they joined us (the main reasons were trades and a more active and helpful FS).

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'll definitely e-mail them later. Doesn't affect FS overall performance but I would like all the new members to get the rewards especially since getting greater tourney rewards was part of the reason they joined us (the main reasons were trades and a more active and helpful FS).

Would be great to hear an official response as to what should be happening. I asked on the feedback threads (another forum I think) when the update hit but never saw a response.

DeletedUser4778

Would be great to hear an official response as to what should be happening. I asked on the feedback threads (another forum I think) when the update hit but never saw a response.
I'll post here when I get a reply. Another thing I've noticed for quite some time is that my fellowship's score is less than the sum of all our scores. Not an issue for us since we don't care about being #1 but it makes me wonder how many other things the game isn't adding correctly. So far, I've noticed collecting from residences, collecting from the Main Hall, and giving NH. Btw, I've been working on production efficiency per square for residences, workshops, and factories and the results are...discouraging to say the least.

UPDATE: Tourney rewards have just been given and two new fellows did not receive any FS rewards. Still no reply from Support so I sent a follow-up e-mail regarding the lack of rewards.

DeletedUser2870

I'll post here when I get a reply. Another thing I've noticed for quite some time is that my fellowship's score is less than the sum of all our scores. Not an issue for us since we don't care about being #1 but it makes me wonder how many other things the game isn't adding correctly. So far, I've noticed collecting from residences, collecting from the Main Hall, and giving NH. Btw, I've been working on production efficiency per square for residences, workshops, and factories and the results are...discouraging to say the least.

Yes, I have had some issues with things not adding up correctly too...not since this last update but at least since the one before that.

And let me know about your findings about those buildings if you dont mind...I'm curious

DeletedUser4778

Yes, I have had some issues with things not adding up correctly too...not since this last update but at least since the one before that.

And let me know about your findings about those buildings if you dont mind...I'm curious

Not sure if my equations for the factories are correct so I'll take a look at them again and post the link when I'm more sure about them or post them even if I'm not sure so others can tell me the correct formula. But basically, it's really diminishing returns. I was expecting this but I wasn't expecting such a big and prevalent loss. I'm sure it'll be worse for the barracks and armory.

EDIT: Finally got around to creating another spreadsheet aside from the one for my FS which I'll use for public consumption from now on, especially for events. Residence, workshop, and factory info are in the LEVELS tab of the ff link:

http://tinyurl.com/j7e6j2k

For efficiency per square, I divided the 24-hour output by the number of population and tiles required.

Aside from Dhurrin, @Mykan, @SoggyShorts, @varron, @fasdfTTT, and @Jackluyt: I will also particularly welcome your input especially as I'm not a mathematician.