• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship drama

The Unbeliever

Yep. If I ever find myself short on coins, (which almost never happens -except now during the sheer idiocy of the current "throw ALL your resources away for 30 beets!lolzlolzlolz!" quest line), then I can just run through the recurring quest line and get piles & piles of sweet-yummy coins!

When I build GA, it'll be for the pop - the coins are the perk!
But until at Lv1 it can at least give roughly equal what a Lv10+ res can give, it's not worth the space.

DeletedUser8752

I had some drama in my first FS. This FS is pretty drama free (So Far) but then only like 4/5 of us actually use chat and we all get along. The rest are active players, just not active chatters.

As to KP. we use the message method. I don't love it, but it's what they've been doing for forever so *shrugs* it works and not worth 'complaining' over.

Alpha Lyrae

My dad just got out of an awful fellowship experience on the SA world...
Ever-changing rules & always adding additional 'conditions' like "no more than 4 cross tier trades at a time", then being told "you have until tomorrow morning to remove 8 of your 12 cross tier trades", which suddenly a mere 1 hour later "you haven't removed your cross tiers - you're getting demoted to Fellow now!"
And other such nonsense... ("you need to upgrade your steel factories because we kicked out too many steel players a month ago - oh, and post more steel trades for the rest of us!")

Honestly Soggy, I wish I could join your fellowship on Khelonaar world, but I don't even begin to qualify yet!
Your fellowship sounds like a real blast!:D

Aww... The @SoggyShorts and @The Unbeliever meet-cute! ;):p

Edit: Didn't mean to drag this thread from it's grave, but I just so happened to be creating a post about all this talk about FS drama when I did a quick search to see if it had already been discussed. BUT.... I couldn't resist commenting. :D

The Unbeliever

Aww... The @SoggyShorts and @The Unbeliever meet-cute! ;):p

Edit: Didn't mean to drag this thread from it's grave, but I just so happened to be creating a post about all this talk about FS drama when I did a quick search to see if it had already been discussed. BUT.... I couldn't resist commenting. :D
Well, just blame those Necromancer students from the Sorc & Drag-ons academies....
Those evil ********* just won't let anyone rest! (eternally or even just a few hours. :p)

DeletedUser20255

No topic should be in it's grave until nobody has anything further to say about it (and don't expect everybody eg. me to check back and see whether their contribution is new)

Whenever you have 25 more or less random folks in a "family" you're going to get squabbles. This one's not pulling their weight. That one is "sharing" too much. It's the AM's job to settle this. (remind me again why I accepted the job).

mikeledo

The game is a bit boring. The "drama" is the only thing I can remember. Is there a FS that isn't so smug as to not use the phrase "no drama"? Or better yet, "We are effing bored, Drama welcome except no Trump supporters." It is just so artificial in their descriptions as if all the AMs came from the same cookie cutter. "We are a drama free fellowship..." I just want to hurl chunks.

The Unbeliever

The game is a bit boring. The "drama" is the only thing I can remember. Is there a FS that isn't so smug as to not use the phrase "no drama"? Or better yet, "We are effing bored, Drama welcome except no Trump supporters." It is just so artificial in their descriptions as if all the AMs came from the same cookie cutter. "We are a drama free fellowship..." I just want to hurl chunks.
The only important rule is "no Leafs fan allowed".
...real life is depressing enough. I don't need to endure the endless tears and lamentations of THAT crowd in my leisure time.:oops:

- sincerely your friendly neighbourhood Habs fan. :p

Gath Of Baal

I have witnessed some pretty messed up fellowship drama.... (extreme) during my time playing Elvenar, and 2 really stick out in my mind because they are what eventually caused me to leave every remaining fellowship I was in and play solo for 2 years until just recently when I decided to give it another shot on Khelonaar….

Both happened on Khelonaar

1) Was part of a very active fellowship.. The fellowship version of the tournament was relatively new and 24 members decided to go for the 10th chest during a tournament with the only person who didn't want to take part in the attempt being our leader (said it was a waste of time).. We had 15 or so smaller players who put forth the effort but it was the 9 bigger players who really stepped up (some even spending $$) to get us in position on the last day to win the 10th chest.. Our fearless leader (who was also the biggest city) did nothing until the last hour or so when he saw we were going to make it,decided to do 1 province minimum points to be able to get in on the prize..

Me personally, I did not really care that he did that, I was just happy to gain my first 10th chest.. But an argument in chat started between some of the players who spent $$ and our fearless leader.. Needless to say this was the last straw and people started leaving the fellowship within minutes..

Our leader was also the type of player who only had tier 3 factories and expected everyone to take his trades still even though he was posting his trades at the normal trade rates.. So this already did not sit well with some of us, and the tournament was final straw..

2) Was part of the newly formed fellowship that was built from all the players who left the above fellowship.. For awhile we did well, everyone was active and doing visits, accepting trades, chatting, doing well in tournaments. One day an argument in chat started over religion between 3-4 of the bigger players.. I was asked my opinion and I had already decided to stay out of the argument, so I closed my chat box and logged off the game for a few hours.. When I log back on a few hours later its only me and another player are left in the fellowship, The fellowship had split again and each side had taken the players that had agreed with their point of view.. since I had declined to give my opinion, myself and the other player were left out of being asked to join one of the 2 new groups..

These dramas and a couple more incidents are the reason I went solo for so long..

The fellowship I just recently joined, so far so good :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

The reality is that any FS that says "we are drama free" or "no drama allowed" is 6,000% more likely to be full of drama queens (and kings).
And yes, that 6,000% is a scientifically proven number.

DeletedUser19483

IF I ever make an FS I think it'll go something like this.....

FS NAME: TheNormalMadness

Description: Welcome to TheNormalMadness we are a strict no nonsense group that like a peaceful FS. The Rules are NO DRAMA, NO Bad words in the chat, NO zero star or on star trades, AND BE KIND A NICE.............Joking. I want so much drama. Come here to unwind, rant and rave. Swear each other out and cause TheNormalMadness in everybody. The real rules are the tournaments are a must, log in daily(at least three times a week if daily don't work), chat it up so we know your alive, and remember......I may let you be an ass but if you take it to far......well then......I'll have to have a chat with yah........*insane laughter*

how's that sound guys? I need tips to make it better

DeletedUser20255

Re. 1) Cross-tier trades are definitely the most divisive topic in our FS. The AM before me left over it (she didn't allow them). I allow any trades no star, one star, cross-tier but make it clear it's "let the buyer beware. I support the "little people" under 20K score and accept pretty much any trades from them. Other trades I only accept at my value system (5:2:1). There's been occasional discussions when members want to argue 2 star is fair regardless. I tell them I disagree and suggest if they think its fair to turn the offer around and see how quickly it gets snapped up. So far that has silenced them. The 20 or so pages of old cross-tier trades is annoying but I think better than mandating they are not allowed.

Re 2) I have no rules in my overview but I do ask folks to avoid discussion of religion (rare) and politics (occasional). We also had one guy touting his business which I just ignored.