• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game goes to shade and freezes

AeglirielGilmir

I play on mobile and I’ve also been having issues connecting to chat. The trader works fine but it sometimes freezes on the world map, and I have been experiencing more lag than usual. Not really a large problem for me, though.

Kadhrin

I got the freeze while doing neighbor visits last night. That (plus Trader window) might point to windows with player lists as a source of the issue.

Myne

Oh Wise One
quite possible. Has anyone noticed it while harvesting in their city? I have not. It may be when the game has to reach out to the server to interact with others via trader or visits?

Zoof

I've gotten this problem at seemingly random times, but unsure of how to actually track or narrow down the issue. The following places I've seen it happen are:

1. During trading where there is much interaction going on. Unsure if it's happened while placing a number of trades, though.
2. More than once while queuing up troop productions. Occurs more frequently if I use time boosters to flush the queue before queuing up more.
3. Exactly once while selecting troops while trying to manual-fight in a tourney. Instead of fighting, I backed out and got met with the shade.

Recently, I've noticed that right before it happens, I notice a tooltip hanging around in the middle of the screen. Usually reading "No free slots". Any other action invites the shade, so I usually just refresh the game at that point.

Trying to go slow with the trader and barracks as though I'm picking apart a grenade-loaded Rubik's Cube helps mitigate the problem but doesn't prevent it altogether.

EDIT: On point #3, the icons and display started going wonky; anything I was clicking on was disappearing and so were anything the icons would appear over as well. I was fearing for my blossom mages at that point so instead of trying to fight anyway, I backed out. And got shaded.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
I've gotten this problem at seemingly random times, but unsure of how to actually track or narrow down the issue. The following places I've seen it happen are:

1. During trading where there is much interaction going on. Unsure if it's happened while placing a number of trades, though.
2. More than once while queuing up troop productions. Occurs more frequently if I use time boosters to flush the queue before queuing up more.
3. Exactly once while selecting troops while trying to manual-fight in a tourney. Instead of fighting, I backed out and got met with the shade.

Recently, I've noticed that right before it happens, I notice a tooltip hanging around in the middle of the screen. Usually reading "No free slots". Any other action invites the shade, so I usually just refresh the game at that point.

Trying to go slow with the trader and barracks as though I'm picking apart a grenade-loaded Rubik's Cube helps mitigate the problem but doesn't prevent it altogether.

Instance 1. has happened to me.
Instance 2. has happened to me.
Instance 3. has NOT happened to me.
I agree that going as slow as molasses in January helps.

SunsetDanar

One example of what I'm seeing as noted previously.

1649328298434.png

This occurs when moving between Worlds and freezes the game not allowing access to any World so the entire game must be reloaded in order to continue.

Last edited:

Cleo7311

Many FS members continue to report problems. Collections not as much, but it can happen almost anywhere. Waiting several seconds after everything is not a good solution. Seems like anything that pings the server can do it - except instead of eventually responding the evil freeze screen never clears.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
This issue has considerably worsened since first reported and confirmed as a bug. For me it now occurs on pc 2 or more times per hour. Throw in a couple of error messages and few more game terminated messages and the game becomes a genuine aggravation. Just cleared cache and made sure browser is up to date. First in game function request and, yup, froze up again. Now we're going to start an event in the midst of this mess. This ought to be fun.

EDIT: Other issues are beginning to manifest themselves as well. Blank avatars happen frequently during gameplay and even the log in page will occasionally appear with a black background and shaded foreground. This is a bug that really needs to addressed ... and soon as this situation continues to deteriorate.

In looking over your list of problems I might be the bearer of bad news. It appears to me that the problems you are experiencing may not have a single source. Usually, a single source problem will manifest itself with the same symptoms and error messages. Since your symptoms and error messages are more wide spread they appear random. So here are some questions.

Do you play any other games?
What are your system specs? (RAM, CPU, Operating System, etc)
Do you have issues with any other program? (Do you even use any other program....sometimes my wife thinks my system is my "Elvenar System" and that's all it can do...;>)

Looking at the scope of the problem can determine where the problem might be so, in diagnostics we start with the widest net and work down to the level where the problem occurs. It appears you may have software problems outside of the game, with your virus protection, (or lack of it), with background programs, with hardware and so on.

At least that's my take on the matter.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This has still not been fixed on Beta either. They did an update there on Wed night that they thought would fix it, but it happened again to me after the update. With some of these bugs, I wonder if the frequency is higher for people who play on both Beta and Live servers and use the same browser for both?

SunsetDanar

In looking over your list of problems I might be the bearer of bad news. It appears to me that the problems you are experiencing may not have a single source. Usually, a single source problem will manifest itself with the same symptoms and error messages. Since your symptoms and error messages are more wide spread they appear random. So here are some questions.

Do you play any other games?
What are your system specs? (RAM, CPU, Operating System, etc)
Do you have issues with any other program? (Do you even use any other program....sometimes my wife thinks my system is my "Elvenar System" and that's all it can do...;>)

Looking at the scope of the problem can determine where the problem might be so, in diagnostics we start with the widest net and work down to the level where the problem occurs. It appears you may have software problems outside of the game, with your virus protection, (or lack of it), with background programs, with hardware and so on.

At least that's my take on the matter.

AJ

System is an HP Omen Obelisk with custom ordered components. I run McAfee Premium along with MalwareBytes. I play other games but Elvenar most often. I clear cache frequently and update browser daily using either Chrome or Opera.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Storage: 512 B PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD; 1TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD
Motherboard: Intel H370 Chipset
RAM: HyperX 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB)
PSU: 500 W Bronze

I have not experienced issues such as I've described outside of Elvenar.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am getting pretty sick of clicking a trade and then realizing I did NOT get a 2 star trade despite it saying I did. GRRRR. And there's something else really funny going on. The Trader operates just fine normally and doesn't affect any of the top buttons (like the brown box that sits at the top of the toolbar just to the right of the KP bar). But the minute you take one of these wonky trades that are not two star but say they are, then for some reason you can't click that top button to check how many goods you have. The button is dead and you have to reload your game. This has been going on for a couple weeks now.

ElvenarTraderScreenshot.jpg

OIM20

I noticed that this happens to me only when I specifically click to see FS trades and then accept those on offer, then attempt to return to the area-wide trader. Perhaps a glitch in the code when the FS part of the trader reaches -0- offers? An unclosed string, perhaps? (Might also explain why we're seeing code language in the event quests.)

Access details:
Version: v1.149.4-(fd2d42d) - html5 (2022-04-08 12:15)
World: Sinya Arda
Browser: Firefox 99.0 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
:elf:
Reproducibility: 3/5 - happens sometimes

Reproduction Steps:
1- Open trader
2- Click the box to see FS only trades
3- Accept all FS trades
4- Unclick FS box
5- Trade window will now be wonky as in screen: 8 April 2022 Trader glitch.jpg
6- Close trade window.
7- Attempt to reopen trade window. Screen will darken, but trade window will fail to open. Refresh required.

ETA: To be clear, the trades shown were the FS trades I accepted and the names on the screen are those of members in my FS. The trades showed as properly 2-star trades when I accepted them, but when I unchecked the box, in attempting to default to the area-wide (neighborhood) trade offers, there was a page of 3-star offers from users with those avatars. I circled the bit with the avatars, but you can see the mismatched star-ratio info. I believe this is because the stars are showing what was in the neighborhood, but the trade data for the offerings did not update when moving from one closed set of data to another closed set (as opposed to a complete set of world available trades, which I don't have access to being only a level1 trader in chapter 6 in that world).

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The freezing happens to me when I'm in the general trader ... not fellowship specific. I think we're seeing more than one problem in the trader, perhaps. But it doesn't always happen. It's only when I accidentally click on a wonky trade, that has the stars wrong. If I do that, then not only am I stuck with the bad trade, but I also have to reload the game.

FAR2019

I noticed that this happens to me only when I specifically click to see FS trades and then accept those on offer, then attempt to return to the area-wide trader. Perhaps a glitch in the code when the FS part of the trader reaches -0- offers? An unclosed string, perhaps? (Might also explain why we're seeing code language in the event quests.)

Access details:
Version: v1.149.4-(fd2d42d) - html5 (2022-04-08 12:15)
World: Sinya Arda
Browser: Firefox 99.0 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
:elf:
Reproducibility: 3/5 - happens sometimes

Reproduction Steps:
1- Open trader
2- Click the box to see FS only trades
3- Accept all FS trades
4- Unclick FS box
5- Trade window will now be wonky as in screen: View attachment 12442
6- Close trade window.
7- Attempt to reopen trade window. Screen will darken, but trade window will fail to open. Refresh required.

ETA: To be clear, the trades shown were the FS trades I accepted and the names on the screen are those of members in my FS. The trades showed as properly 2-star trades when I accepted them, but when I unchecked the box, in attempting to default to the area-wide (neighborhood) trade offers, there was a page of 3-star offers from users with those avatars. I circled the bit with the avatars, but you can see the mismatched star-ratio info. I believe this is because the stars are showing what was in the neighborhood, but the trade data for the offerings did not update when moving from one closed set of data to another closed set (as opposed to a complete set of world available trades, which I don't have access to being only a level1 trader in chapter 6 in that world).

Hi!

I am having the same issue and also the game is still freezing randomly. See Screenshot taken few minutes ago:
elvenar-trader-bug.jpg

OIM20

From looking at the screen, @FAR2019, did your error occur after filtering for steel offers, then attempting to switch back to the main trader?

@helya - another thing I forgot to note in my post and I noticed also in @FAR2019's screen: you can see that it says "1/1" for the number of pages in the trader, but you can also see that the green arrows are available to be clicked, as they would be with multiple pages of trades.

I checked ElvenStats to verify the avatars for the users in FAR2019's screen because I don't have an account in Khelonaar. Neither show as having the avatar screened.
DewBee - https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us4/1658651
Crimson - https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us4/849820717

It's only when I accidentally click on a wonky trade, that has the stars wrong. If I do that, then not only am I stuck with the bad trade, but I also have to reload the game.
The screen in your post shows you filtered for T1/T2/T3 goods. @Myne's screen, like FAR2019's, shows filtering for a specific item offered. The text says steel, the item chosen is different in both cases. The one thing all four of our screens have in common is that we attempted to filter for something when the bug showed.

Cleo7311

Best comment from one of my fellows:
When data is sent to the server when you do something and it needs a reply, either the server is sending a bad response or the javascript has a bug in it. Either way the error handling in the javascript ajax request is not handling the error and the game stalls.